PDA

View Full Version : Shams: Every team besides Lakers and Clips voted to continue playing

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
08-26-2020, 10:52 PM
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1298812939227394051

:roll::roll:this sht is so fake

the 2 best teams decide to stop playing?:hammerhead:

how stupid do they think the public is. Its obvious most of them still want to play but they said to put these 2 teams on the report SMH

I dont know why we chose this tho

SATAN
08-26-2020, 10:54 PM
Why do you think it's fake?

kawhileonard2
08-26-2020, 10:55 PM
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1298812939227394051

:roll::roll:this sht is so fake

the 2 best teams decide to stop playing?:hammerhead:

how stupid do they think the public is. Its obvious most of them still want to play but they said to put these 2 teams on the report SMH

I dont know why we chose this tho

I mean Portland, Orlando wanted to continue?:oldlol:

HBK_Kliq_2
08-26-2020, 11:07 PM
I think it was all LeBron. He saw clippers win by 45 last night and now wants to shut down the season.

jayfan
08-26-2020, 11:10 PM
I mean Portland, Orlando wanted to continue?:oldlol:
Portland & Orlando players would have been home to their friends & families tonight if they had played today.

KOBEtherealKing
08-26-2020, 11:10 PM
I think it was all LeBron. He saw clippers win by 45 last night and now wants to shut down the season.

:roll: Are you trolling?

Tobio-Star
08-26-2020, 11:37 PM
Bruh wtff if anything I thought they were going to be the only teams voting to keep playing.

What's going on fr??? :facepalm

MaxPlayer
08-26-2020, 11:39 PM
So if I want to watch basketball again, I guess I have to somehow stop all white police from ever shooting another unarmed black man...

E_Stamkos
08-26-2020, 11:41 PM
As per David Aldridge - Twitter

Told the players’ meeting ended "ugly," per a source, with uncertainty about what will happen tomorrow. The union will be present at the special Board of Governors meeting, per a source.

E_Stamkos
08-26-2020, 11:42 PM
As per random dude in the comments

Man I really thought those jerseys and that new floor were gonna end bad things

Tobio-Star
08-26-2020, 11:42 PM
As per David Aldridge - Twitter

Told the players’ meeting ended "ugly," per a source, with uncertainty about what will happen tomorrow. The union will be present at the special Board of Governors meeting, per a source.

Damn this doesnt look good at all, lets hope for the best

coin24
08-26-2020, 11:45 PM

Sounds about right:lol

MaxPlayer
08-26-2020, 11:45 PM
As per random dude in the comments

Man I really thought those jerseys and that new floor were gonna end bad things

Doesn't seem like the NBA's social justice marketing campaign gained much goodwill from the players.

ThiccBoi
08-26-2020, 11:47 PM
Hey, bunch of cops have guns drawn on me and yelling at me to get down. Lemme go and reach inside my car.

HBK_Kliq_2
08-26-2020, 11:48 PM
:roll: Are you trolling?

Think about it:

Shooting: sunday
LeBron played: Monday
Kawhi won by 45 points: Tuesday
LeBron wants to end season: Wednesday

warriorfan
08-26-2020, 11:54 PM
Think about it:

:roll:

lebronwincingasleonardchecksin.gif

BasketballHoopz
08-26-2020, 11:55 PM
Think about it:

Question is why would Clippers want to end the season after winning by 45 points lol.

FireDavidKahn
08-26-2020, 11:55 PM
Think about it:

Kawhi was scared. He expended everything to win that game by 45 points. That's why he voted to end the season.

hold this L
08-26-2020, 11:58 PM
What do they want the league or owners to do? I think what is happening in cases such as garbage-tier cops killing innocent people is horrific and a change needs to happen..

but does every organization need to get involved? What do you want an owner of an NBA team to do exactly? What positive thing can they do to make a difference? Someone explain this to me because I don't see it.

HBK_Kliq_2
08-26-2020, 11:58 PM
Question is why would Clippers want to end the season after winning by 45 points lol.

That's what sounds weird. Maybe George? He said he was depressed cause the bubble

BasketballHoopz
08-27-2020, 12:00 AM
Players spoke passionately about voting and police reform, per sources. There's a sense from some that if owners don't come up with something that makes them believe staying will help move these important issues forward, this season is done.

tpols
08-27-2020, 12:01 AM
What do they want the league or owners to do? I think what is happening in cases such as garbage-tier cops killing innocent people is horrific and a change needs to happen..

but does every organization need to get involved? What do you want an owner of an NBA team to do exactly? What positive thing can they do to make a difference? Someone explain this to me because I don't see it.

There's no tangible impact to be had you are correct. When employees usually strike its to deprive their direct ownership of labor, and thus force them into tougher negotiations on pay or conditions. It's a direct leverage grab. In this case, there's no modem for change or negotiation. NBA owners have no control or influence over police unions and trainings. It's an emotionally charged asinine response by a bunch of low IQ sheep "woke" athletes... lmao. Nothing more.

Stephonit
08-27-2020, 12:03 AM
Players spoke passionately about voting and police reform, per sources. There's a sense from some that if owners don't come up with something that makes them believe staying will help move these important issues forward, this season is done.

The league made it possible for them to play in the midst of a pandemic and festoon the court with slogans. What else do they want?

MaxPlayer
08-27-2020, 12:06 AM
The league made it possible for them to play in the midst of a pandemic and festoon the court with slogans. What else do they want?

https://media.giphy.com/media/l0MYDvAAHU2GWgNbO/giphy.gif

BasketballHoopz
08-27-2020, 12:06 AM

Yeah I don't know what they want the Owners to do. The NBA is not the Goverment

hold this L
08-27-2020, 12:07 AM

What the **** can an NBA owner do about voting and police reform? That's like asking me, a designer, to find a solution to black holes.

Marchesk
08-27-2020, 12:17 AM
What the **** can an NBA owner do about voting and police reform? That's like asking me, a designer, to find a solution to black holes.

I would guess they have some influence with politicians, but it's also kind of weird, because the owners aren't responsible for police departments.

NBAGOAT
08-27-2020, 12:26 AM

They invest money to pacs and lobbyist groups that can get shit done. In a few cases it’s also quite direct. The Devos family owns the magic and are directly involved in politics

Tobio-Star
08-27-2020, 01:09 AM

Bingo. They pretty much did all they could with the BLM ads. Its not like they have any type of significant power in this matter

Tobio-Star
08-27-2020, 01:12 AM
I feel like this is just an excuse to have the season ended. They know the NBA did all they could already so they ask something impossible to end the season period.

But even this dont make sense since every team besides LA seems to want to keep playing

Marchesk
08-27-2020, 01:13 AM
If a majority of the teams want to stay, I say just continue one without those who want to leave in protest. Make a statement supporting them, and then advance teams as necessary.

I wanna see that Giannis/Luka finals.

xlong588
08-27-2020, 01:15 AM
Teams who will quit, should not just be allowed to quit. But be suspended, and financially hit as a lesson to other teams.
The Bucks for a start must be kicked out, and should be deprived of making a decision whether they want to continue or not.

Rudeboy3
08-27-2020, 01:16 AM

wtf are the owners supposed to do? these players are idiots, at some point the owners need to let the players know the bosses are and tell them to go **** themselves seriously

XxNeXuSxX
08-27-2020, 03:23 AM
Doesn't seem like the NBA's social justice marketing campaign gained much goodwill from the players.

Lol

Lakers Legend#32
08-27-2020, 03:27 AM
The Lakers are the league.
What they say goes.

XxNeXuSxX
08-27-2020, 03:37 AM
wtf are the owners supposed to do? these players are idiots, at some point the owners need to let the players know the bosses are and tell them to go **** themselves seriously

They need to get out of the business of runninga basketball team and join the communist party.

XxNeXuSxX
08-27-2020, 03:39 AM
They invest money to pacs and lobbyist groups that can get shit done. In a few cases it’s also quite direct. The Devos family owns the magic and are directly involved in politics

Define getting shit done.