PDA

View Full Version : So do Mavs and Traliblazers get to advance?

Marchesk
08-26-2020, 11:56 PM
With Clippers and Lakers headed home? Luka coming out of the West now? Or Harden and Westbrook?

I can't believe AD and Lebron would not want to see this through. But maybe they got outvoted by the rest of the team.

Stephonit
08-27-2020, 12:07 AM
This is what happens when you value virtue signalling more than being honest.

But I still expect someone to "change their mind".

HBK_Kliq_2
08-27-2020, 12:37 AM
That was a bullshit report I think. I only trust WOJ

BasketballHoopz
08-27-2020, 12:43 AM
Pretty Sure WOJ reported the same thing.

Marchesk
08-27-2020, 12:44 AM
Nah, it's legitimate:

https://i.postimg.cc/3NjyDnsC/Clippers-and-Lakers-vote-to-end-season.png

HBK_Kliq_2
08-27-2020, 12:48 AM
Wow, you might as well cancel the season than. 3rd place title isn't worth it. WOJ did say it wasn't "final polling" so we will see.

Marchesk
08-27-2020, 12:58 AM
So apparently the Magic and Thunder were out there warming up before their games were to take place. The Rockets assistant coaches were out waiting on the Rockets players. The Bucks had just decided to boycot, and one of them texted a Magic player. Then I guess the Rockets decided to not come out. So it seems like it was a per team thing.

HBK_Kliq_2
08-27-2020, 01:01 AM
So apparently the Magic and Thunder were out there warming up before their games were to take place. The Rockets assistant coaches were out waiting on the Rockets players. The Bucks had just decided to boycot, and one of them texted a Magic player. Then I guess the Rockets decided to not come out. So it seems like it was a per team thing.

And now Lakers/clippers want to end the season even though they both played last 2 days. Wow how did this all happen in 24 hours.

Marchesk
08-27-2020, 01:06 AM
And now Lakers/clippers want to end the season even though they both played last 2 days. Wow how did this all happen in 24 hours.

I think Ernie putting the Bucks on the spot on tv had a lot to do with it. VanFleet and Hill may have already been discussing this with their teams, but maybe there was no consensus until he Bucks decided to not play. They kind of had to do something after Ernie sort of called them out.

HBK_Kliq_2
08-27-2020, 01:40 AM
I think Ernie putting the Bucks on the spot on tv had a lot to do with it. VanFleet and Hill may have already been discussing this with their teams, but maybe there was no consensus until he Bucks decided to not play. They kind of had to do something after Ernie sort of called them out.

I've always hated Ernie, that dork piece of shit. Nothing is finalized yet though, hopefully we get good news tomorrow.

KOBEtherealKing
08-27-2020, 02:30 AM
No team is leaving, just watch. Game will resume before Sunday.

Marchesk
08-27-2020, 02:35 AM

Yeah, I think that's more likely. It gives the players several days to boycott and the media to focus on the issue, while guys like Lebron leverage the owners into doing or saying something. Then play resumes.

Lebron23
08-27-2020, 03:41 AM

This. I actually enjoyed the meltdown from the Warriors fans.

XxNeXuSxX
08-27-2020, 03:47 AM
Voting to end the season.

Isn't boycotting the season.

Can we get some clarification

hateraid
08-27-2020, 03:54 AM
They just threatened that a white man is stealing the show. Not a good look for the black movement. They should just vote to remove Doncic. Only problem is people are only tuned in to watch Doncic lol

SATAN
08-27-2020, 04:11 AM
You're a ****ing idiot.

Axe
08-27-2020, 04:15 AM
At this point, if the season continues, there won't be any spirit of competition anymore.

ImKobe
08-27-2020, 04:35 AM

That's how I'm feeling. It's a PR power move by the Lakers & Clippers to get the players' message out there in a more meaningful way, but I doubt they're actually going to agree on quitting on the season when most teams are going to be out within the next 4 weeks anyway, just makes no sense after what they've sacrificed by being in the bubble in the first place.

Marchesk
08-27-2020, 04:44 AM
At this point, if the season continues, there won't be any spirit of competition anymore.

Maybe, but I wonder if the league has contractual obligations to fill.

Real Men Wear Green
08-27-2020, 07:36 AM
If Lakers and Clippers actually left that's how I would handle it but as others have stated I don't think they're leaving. There is a lot going on in a short amount of time and I doubt we are getting full accurate information. A lot of details we don't know.