PDA

View Full Version : Do you agree with the players' decision to not take the floor?

1987_Lakers
08-27-2020, 02:16 AM
??

HBK_Kliq_2
08-27-2020, 02:23 AM
Fu*k no, a month and a half away from the season ending and you can't finish? They bitched out.

If its just a day or two protest, I don't mind it.

SATAN
08-27-2020, 02:26 AM
I want to watch basketball and I think what they are doing won't be that beneficial but it's their choice. It's doesn't really matter what I think. There's no point arguing about it with each other.

bobopenguin
08-27-2020, 02:34 AM
"we are sportman, we dont wanna get involved too much outside basketball" - Lebron James

"we want justice, as a human bring and a black person, my voice needs to be heard" - Lebron James

hypocrisy much.

Marchesk
08-27-2020, 02:38 AM
I voted Yes for temporary postponement of play, but it will be no for cancelling the season.

But whatever, the players get to decide.

talkingconch
08-27-2020, 02:52 AM
no.

starface
08-27-2020, 02:58 AM
I voted yes just because this drama is more compelling than the rest of the product produced by the bubble

XxNeXuSxX
08-27-2020, 03:05 AM
What does not doing your job do to improve things? It's a virtue signal and it's ****ing worthless.

Marchesk
08-27-2020, 03:13 AM
There's people on Reddit (and here) saying this is a great opportunity to turn this into national strike against capitalism, and protests over climate change. I really don't want sports to turn into yet another political platform for various causes.

Rolando
08-27-2020, 03:22 AM
All those things written on the basketball court and on the backs of their jerseys become meaningless if they just continue to play. The walkout gives them credibility. They stand behind what they believe and are willing to act. I respect that.

They are doing the right thing. They stand behind their words and slogans. These are not just empty platitudes.

starface
08-27-2020, 03:27 AM
All those things written on the basketball court and on the backs of their jerseys become meaningless if they just continue to play. The walkout gives them credibility. They stand behind what they believe and are willing to act. I respect that.

They are doing the right thing. They stand behind their words and slogans. These are not just empty platitudes.

This is a non sequitur.

I could write a bunch of random slogans down in a notebook.

Refusing to brush my teeth that night wouldnt give credibility to my slogans :lol

If the phrase “black lives matter” is only true and evident if guys arent playing basketball... lol. It doesnt even make any sense.

Your support is based on emotion, not logic.

Gohan
08-27-2020, 03:35 AM
As much as I want to watch the rest of the season, I’m for the player’s decision. You have to stand for something or fall for anything

SATAN
08-27-2020, 03:58 AM
This is a non sequitur.

Refusing to brush my teeth that night wouldnt give credibility to my slogans :lol

If the phrase “black lives matter” is only true and evident if guys arent playing basketball... lol. It doesnt even make any sense.

Guy comparing not brushing his teeth to trying to have an actual positive impact on society talking about logic. Things aren't gonna happen over night.

XxNeXuSxX
08-27-2020, 03:59 AM
As much as I want to watch the rest of the season, I’m for the player’s decision. You have to stand for something or fall for anything

How is not doing anything standing up for something?

Spurs m8
08-27-2020, 04:35 AM
There's people on Reddit (and here) saying this is a great opportunity to turn this into national strike against capitalism, and protests over climate change. I really don't want sports to turn into yet another political platform for various causes.

Thats the cesspool of reddit for you

Marchesk
08-27-2020, 04:40 AM
Thats the cesspool of reddit for you

Some of the popular subs on certain topics get regularly overrun by the workers unite, eat the rich, we're all doomed better force everyone to drastically change their lifestyles posters.

nayte
08-27-2020, 04:56 AM
These dudes are actually putting their money where they mouth is and people are still getting upset

ArbitraryWater
08-27-2020, 04:58 AM
hasnt this been discussed in all other threads

nayte
08-27-2020, 05:01 AM
Should we go to the thread where you were crying about dame

XxNeXuSxX
08-27-2020, 05:05 AM
These dudes are actually putting their money where they mouth is and people are still getting upset

They didn't put any money where the mouth is, they didn't show up to work without calling out which would get you fired under any job normal circumstance. If they retired from the NBA and donated to rebuilding the inner cities I would say that would be putting money where your mouth is. This is called a virtue signal it's worthless

brownmamba00
08-27-2020, 05:14 AM
Just cancel the playoffs already...

nayte
08-27-2020, 05:35 AM
They didn't put any money where the mouth is, they didn't show up to work without calling out which would get you fired under any job normal circumstance. If they retired from the NBA and donated to rebuilding the inner cities I would say that would be putting money where your mouth is. This is called a virtue signal it's worthless

Do u know that for sure.maybe they will lose money.

Whoah10115
08-27-2020, 11:15 AM
"we are sportman, we dont wanna get involved too much outside basketball" - Lebron James

"we want justice, as a human bring and a black person, my voice needs to be heard" - Lebron James

hypocrisy much.

No. But you have your mind already made up.

And, for the record, I think he's generally kinda disingenuous. And with the China thing, he was very much so.

But you don't get it.

dirkdiggler41
08-27-2020, 11:53 AM

The teams don't have to pay them if they don't show up or are striking. If they strike it will send a strong message that this has to be taken care of. Better inner cites are all good, nobody is against that, but they are protesting/striking because a black man got shot in his back by a cop. They don't want that to happen in the future and by striking they put a spotlight on how important they believe this is.

BigTicket
08-27-2020, 12:35 PM
I've always been in favor of peaceful protests, so yes I agree with their decision.

This is what should happen in a free society, if you feel strongly about something, you try to change it.

Rudeboy3
08-27-2020, 01:21 PM

:lol: reddit legit the worst place

Rudeboy3
08-27-2020, 01:22 PM
This is a non sequitur.

ooh got his ass

Rudeboy3
08-27-2020, 01:25 PM
Guy comparing not brushing his teeth to trying to have an actual positive impact on society talking about logic. Things aren't gonna happen over night.

Of course, not playing a sport for 2-4 days, that only 2-3 million people watch in a country that has 330 million people, is truly is going to change society. This did nothing and the fact that the players after boycotting decide to go back to start playing a day later shows is based on pure emotion and zero ****ing logic.

Rudeboy3
08-27-2020, 01:27 PM

loool, they didn't put shit where their mouths are, playoff money is nothing to them. If they really wanted to put their money where their mouthes were they would have cancelled the whole season before it started, that would have really ****ed with their money and showed how down for the "cause" they are.