PDA

View Full Version : I respect Charles Barkley more than ever

hateraid
08-27-2020, 03:43 AM
Before Kenny walked off Charles mentioned how he understood why the Bucks boycotted the game. But they could have at least warned the Magic. Then Kenny walks off without warning his co-workers. Totally throwing Chuck under the bus. Chuck sips his coffee :oldlol:

He also shared his sympathy to both sides. Talked about the business of sports. That even with the boycott racism will still exist. What will they do next to be proactive. As if he was calling the boycotters frontrunners.

Bless you Chuck. I grew up idolizing you and Hersey Hawkins. I love you stood out to be different

XxNeXuSxX
08-27-2020, 03:45 AM
Before Kenny walked off Charles mentioned how he understood why the Bucks boycotted the game. But they could have at least warned the Magic. Then Kenny walks off without warning his co-workers. Totally throwing Chuck under the bus. Chuck sips his coffee :oldlol:

He also shared his sympathy to both sides. Talked about the business of sports. That even with the boycott racism will still exist. What will they do next to be proactive. As if he was calling the boycotters frontrunners.

Bless you Chuck. I grew up idolizing you and Hersey Hawkins. I love you stood out to be different

Shaq had a better answer.

Great you didn't show up for your job. Is that the plan? Will West Virginia's back water Hicks suddenly not be racist? Right after Kenny left. Perfect

LAL
08-27-2020, 03:49 AM
Barkley always on the money when it comes to these issues, his advice and opinion on the black youth are what i would call true fatherly love and advice. But single black moms already labeled him a coon years ago.

hateraid
08-27-2020, 03:50 AM
Shaq had a better answer.

Great you didn't show up for your job. Is that the plan? Will West Virginia's back water Hicks suddenly not be racist? Right after Kenny left. Perfect

That was perfect. I wonder if they were disappointed in Kenny? Sure looked like Chuck was.
Ernie of course to the shamed white man approach and verbal had to immediately say "I respect that"

XxNeXuSxX
08-27-2020, 03:54 AM
That was perfect. I wonder if they were disappointed in Kenny? Sure looked like Chuck was.
Ernie of course to the shamed white man approach and verbal had to immediately say "I respect that"

Yeah Ernie is a propaganda mouthpiece at this point. It's a shame. But it's clear that Ernie is listening to the producers in real time and just increasingly moves away from basketball. The China comment from the beginning of the year from him was the first red flag. His comments are constantly in line with advertising

Whoah10115
08-27-2020, 08:56 AM
To be fair to Kenny, it had less to do with him doing what the players did, and more to do with some kind of solidarity.

You can disagree with him, but we're at the point where people on opposite sides won't even listen or move on from a choice someone makes. There was no basketball on, so they didn't have any basketball to discuss.

Shogon
08-27-2020, 08:57 AM
Shaq & Chuck basically took a huge shit on Kenny's emotional outburst immediately after he left... and rightfully so. They're right. He's wrong.

The most amazing part of it is Kenny is usually the levelheaded one of the three.

C'est la vie, lol.

guy
08-27-2020, 09:03 AM
Chuck and Shaq were absolutely right. This means nothing. Not playing is not "action". These last few months of protests, kneeling, tweeting and putting dumb statements on jersey are not "action". With that said, it seems like the players may be realizing that. If the Bucks are really calling lawmakers and the players are demanding that the owners get involved, then good for them.

Lebron23
08-27-2020, 09:12 AM
The guy who predicted the blazers beat the lakers in 4 games. Barkley is a clown.

BigtimeNBAFan
08-27-2020, 09:16 AM
Chuck and Shaq were absolutely right. This means nothing. Not playing is not "action". These last few months of protests, kneeling, tweeting and putting dumb statements on jersey are not "action". With that said, it seems like the players may be realizing that. If the Bucks are really calling lawmakers and the players are demanding that the owners get involved, then good for them.

Shaq and Charles both said they supported the players. It doesn't "mean nothing" at this point. We will see what it means over time. We do know that protests have lead to cops being held accountable and police reform laws being passed in various states. Obviously there is a long way to go and we will see where this leads.

Whoah10115
08-27-2020, 09:18 AM
Shaq & Chuck basically took a huge shit on Kenny's emotional outburst immediately after he left... and rightfully so. They're right. He's wrong.

The most amazing part of it is Kenny is usually the levelheaded one of the three.

C'est la vie, lol.

Shut the **** up.

I forgot to tell you that you're a racist too.

BigtimeNBAFan
08-27-2020, 09:18 AM
The guy who predicted the blazers beat the lakers in 4 games. Barkley is a clown.

He is a horrible predictor who has made just awful predictions for literally two decades. I still remember when he picked the Nets to beat the Spurs in the Finals.

He is basically Skip Bayless. He says things just to get a reaction and create buzz. There is no way he actually believed Portland would sweep LA, but he knows that would get more buzz than giving a generic "Lakers in 5 or 6" prediction.

insight
08-27-2020, 09:23 AM
Barkley always on the money when it comes to these issues, his advice and opinion on the black youth are what i would call true fatherly love and advice. But single black moms already labeled him a coon years ago.

"True fatherly love and advice" that is laughable when Charles Barkley famously said. “Just because I dunk a basketball doesn’t mean I should raise your kids,” That's why the whole I am not a role model Nike commercial came about.
So much Tom Foolery going on.

Whoah10115
08-27-2020, 09:25 AM
He is a horrible predictor who has made just awful predictions for literally two decades. I still remember when he picked the Nets to beat the Spurs in the Finals.

He is basically Skip Bayless. He says things just to get a reaction and create buzz. There is no way he actually believed Portland would sweep LA, but he knows that would get more buzz than giving a generic "Lakers in 5 or 6" prediction.

Shut the **** up as well.

LAL
08-27-2020, 09:31 AM
"True fatherly love and advice" that is laughable when Charles Barkley famously said. “Just because I dunk a basketball doesn’t mean I should raise your kids,” That's why the whole I am not a role model Nike commercial came about.

You don't understand that message? He was ahead of his time with that you fool. He's saying i'm a basketball player, you don't have to grow up wanting to be like me, he wants you to look up to your fathers, doctors, teachers, scientists etc.. it's more realistic and those are the people that society needs. English isn't even my language. Shut up and dribble basically, like MJ, Kobe etc, the professionals. Please keep your country decent.

JohnMax
08-27-2020, 09:33 AM
He's a grifter who says what conservatives want to hear

LAL
08-27-2020, 09:34 AM

He says what young black males have to hear. Don't be selfish.

dbugz
08-27-2020, 09:36 AM
what funny is, kenny is the least important on that group.

they will fine w/out him and they'll even be much better.

Kenny should boycott the show until the racism ends in the world. (means, he should boycott the show for life.)

Shooter
08-27-2020, 09:36 AM

A quote from HOW long ago? How many years back when he was much younger?

This man is holding onto 27 year old quotes like Barkley hasn't changed opinions/mindset as a person from age 30 to 57.

LAL
08-27-2020, 09:39 AM
what funny is, kenny is the least important on that group.

they will fine w/out him and they'll even be much better.

Kenny should boycott the show until the racism ends in the world. (means, he should boycott the show for life.)

I heard world racism is ending by the beginning of next season around christmas.

insight
08-27-2020, 09:42 AM
A quote from HOW long ago? How many years back when he was much younger?

This man is holding onto 27 year old quotes like Barkley hasn't changed opinions/mindset as a person from age 30 to 57.
"
I have no issue with what Charles Barkley says, he always states his opinions right or wrong. It's funny how people embrace his words and ordain him as "Fatherly and Loving" in contrast to Kenny Smith when it fits their narrative. Like I said, there is alot of Tom Foolery going on around here.

dbugz
08-27-2020, 09:44 AM
I heard world racism is ending by the beginning of next season around christmas.

these stupid players thought racism will end because they put BLM on the court and on their jersey, yes that stupid

Whoah10115
08-27-2020, 09:48 AM
You don't understand that message? He was ahead of his time with that you fool. He's saying i'm a basketball player, you don't have to grow up wanting to be like me, he wants you to look up to your fathers, doctors, teachers, scientists etc.. it's more realistic and those are the people that society needs. English isn't even my language. Shut up and dribble basically, like MJ, Kobe etc, the professionals. Please keep your country decent.

Shut the **** up.

Better than twisting words. I just watched him.

You take what you want.

Lebron23
08-27-2020, 09:53 AM
Shut the **** up.

You take what you want.

This.

LAL
08-27-2020, 10:00 AM
Shut the **** up.

You take what you want.

So what did you see?

Whoah10115
08-27-2020, 10:10 AM
So what did you see?

I think he said he stands by the players 100%. I think he said it's very courageous.

Charles is a smart guy. And a thoughtful one. You know, you can agree/disagree with some things, or how to go about some things. But you don't have to follow the line all the way thru. It's what's happend with the Republican party since the George W. Bush administration pursued the war in Iraq. It's not a political thing. Most Conservatives and Republicans look back at that administration as a poor one.

And again, this isn't political. But take the Trump administration. Regardless of whether or not you agree with what they do, you cannot deny that Conservatives and Republicans despise him, and yet they have flipped drastically. And it began when he became the inevitable nominee...

As far as the other side, too many recent Williamsburg dwellers, too many tweeters, too many who claim to be woke. But why are so many people talking about a rap sheet, upset that people with a platform who have both the privilege and sometimes the responsibility, exercise it? Why are people deciding they never wanna watch again, or people like "Coach" going on about how systematic racism doesn't exist (come on)? Responding to "Hey, black lives matter too" with "All lives matter", or how black on black crime is worse.

How is one the answer to the other?

And in my opinion boycotting isn't the way to go. Of course, what happened actually happened in their home, but my general opinion is that. For sure, Kyrie was and will forever be wrong.

warriorfan
08-27-2020, 10:18 AM

C'est la vie, lol.

Shaq and Charles don’t need the juice. Kenny does.

Publicity stunt. And what do you know? It’s working right now. :lol

LAL
08-27-2020, 10:21 AM
I think he said he stands by the players 100%. I think he said it's very courageous.

Charles is a smart guy. And a thoughtful one. You know, you can agree/disagree with some things, or how to go about some things. But you don't have to follow the line all the way thru. It's what's happend with the Republican party since the George W. Bush administration pursued the war in Iraq. It's not a political thing. Most Conservatives and Republicans look back at that administration as a poor one.

And again, this isn't political. But take the Trump administration. Regardless of whether or not you agree with what they do, you cannot deny that Conservatives and Republicans despise him, and yet they have flipped drastically. And it began when he became the inevitable nominee...

As far as the other side, too many recent Williamsburg dwellers, too many tweeters, too many who claim to be woke. But why are so many people talking about a rap sheet, upset that people with a platform who have both the privilege and sometimes the responsibility, exercise it? Why are people deciding they never wanna watch again, or people like "Coach" going on about how systematic racism doesn't exist (come on)? Responding to "Hey, black lives matter too" with "All lives matter", or how black on black crime is worse.

How is one the answer to the other?

And in my opinion boycotting isn't the way to go. Of course, what happened actually happened in their home, but my general opinion is that. For sure, Kyrie was and will forever be wrong.

I thought you were talking about the commercial..

Whoah10115
08-27-2020, 11:18 AM
I thought you were talking about the commercial..

Wait what commercial?

Gohan
08-27-2020, 11:27 AM
Charles Barkley is a known house nikka. Shaq my dude though

LAL
08-27-2020, 11:33 AM
Wait what commercial?

Start from page 1, he brought up the "im not a role model" commercial.

And you're in the middle as far as your political views go, and that's cool i guess.

hateraid
08-27-2020, 11:39 AM
What Kenny did came off very contrived. He did it for the shock value and to go viral. Had he been sincere he just would have never shown up instead of coming to the studio and making a production out of it. He could have also informed his co-workers of the move. THAT'S solidarity

Shogon
08-27-2020, 11:39 AM
What Kenny did came off very contrived. He did it for the shock value and to go viral. Had he been sincere he just would have never shown up instead of coming to the studio and making a production out of it. He could have also informed his co-workers of the move. THAT'S solidarity

Correct.

He did it for attention.

Whoah10115
08-27-2020, 11:47 AM
Start from page 1, he brought up the "im not a role model" commercial.

And you're in the middle as far as your political views go, and that's cool i guess.

Not really in the middle. But I try my best to not jump on a bandwagon, and also to not try too hard to be different.

I remember now...but I'm also talking about what he said in the commercial and what he was advocating for (which I agree with) but then taking issue with the jump to this idea of shutting up and dribble.

Dr. Cheesesteak
08-27-2020, 11:49 AM

Charles Barkley is a known house nikka. Shaq my dude though
The good ol' "he's an Uncle Tom!" angle. Brilliant. :rolleyes:

hateraid
08-27-2020, 12:10 PM

He picks dark horses. He does it for the shock value. And if it does come true it's even more memorable. I'm sure if he were to lay money on it he'd pick the Lakers

LAL
08-27-2020, 12:22 PM
Not really in the middle. But I try my best to not jump on a bandwagon, and also to not try too hard to be different.

I remember now...but I'm also talking about what he said in the commercial and what he was advocating for (which I agree with) but then taking issue with the jump to this idea of shutting up and dribble.

I do, it's basketball, i don't want to hear any extreme right wing ball player complain about 70 years of black on black crimes just like i don't want to hear lebron's white privelage, anti police, pro clinton, anti trump remarks. We want to watch ball, they earn millions. The outrage is fake, i know black celebs always have this feeling where they have to prove they're still down with the "culture", never critical of their own community, otherwise you're the next barkley, terry crews etc. That's not helping these young kids.

hateraid
08-27-2020, 12:56 PM
I do, it's basketball, i don't want to hear any extreme right wing ball player complain about 70 years of black on black crimes just like i don't want to hear lebron's white privelage, anti police, pro clinton, anti trump remarks. We want to watch ball, they earn millions. The outrage is fake, i know black celebs always have this feeling where they have to prove they're still down with the "culture", never critical of their own community, otherwise you're the next barkley, terry crews etc. That's not helping these young kids.

Or on the contrary use your popularity to encourage free thinking. Avoid being emotional and hypocritical. I think that's where the overly liberals like LeBron are wrong because all they do is act angry and scream at the top of their lungs.