PDA

View Full Version : Jaylen Brown: "Are you going to be in the trenches?"

Ghost1
08-27-2020, 04:12 PM
"Jaylen Brown also asked them, 'If you guys leave here, are you just going to leave and go chill and hang out with your families and lose that loneliness? Or are you going to be in the trenches? Are you going to be in the streets?'"

:durantunimpressed::durantunimpressed::yaohappy:

Rudeboy3
08-27-2020, 04:13 PM
"Jaylen Brown also asked them, 'If you guys leave here, are you just going to leave and go chill and hang out with your families and lose that loneliness? Or are you going to be in the trenches? Are you going to be in the streets?'"

they're going to be chilling with thotties

DoctorP
08-27-2020, 04:14 PM

i could see JR Smith looting a Target

https://media0.giphy.com/media/1d5Zn8FqmJqApu4hNU/source.gif

Smoke117
Jaylen Brown is as stupid with his words as he is on the basketball floor. No Surprise. This clown will have 3 on 1 fast break and decide to attack the defender and throw up a retarded layup miss instead of pass the ball to an open teammate He's the definition of a fukkwit.

tpols
stupid ass sjw kid.

hateraid
08-27-2020, 04:19 PM
stupid ass sjw kid.

He's actually got a good point. If you're gonna follow the SJW movement are you all in or just participate in the fluff stuff

Ghost1
08-27-2020, 04:19 PM
Jaylen Brown is as stupid with his words as he is on the basketball floor. No Surprise. This clown will have 3 on 1 fast break and decide to attack the defender and throw up a retarded layup miss instead of pass the ball to an open teammate He's the definition of a fukkwit.

yup, malcolm x wannabe...

today's NBA :oldlol:

Rudeboy3
08-27-2020, 04:23 PM
stupid ass sjw kid.

no, in this instance i agree with Jaylen. If you're really about it, be about it. Don't do shit for the gram, do it for change. A lot these nikkas in the nba are talking just to talk because it's trending. But they won't be seen anyway doing the leg work, marching, fundraisers, meeting with local officials, speaking with members in the messed up communities, meeting with the police to see what they have to deal with on a day to day basis, etc. They do the least and expect the most

ArbitraryWater
08-27-2020, 04:23 PM
https://media0.giphy.com/media/1d5Zn8FqmJqApu4hNU/source.gif

tpols
08-27-2020, 04:24 PM
He's actually got a good point. If you're gonna follow the SJW movement are you all in or just participate in the fluff stuff

he's a stupid kid who has no idea how the world works. To make matters worse, i remember NBA announcers trying to flaunt his intellect because he doesn't speak in ebonics. shit was hilarious. :lol

RRR3
08-27-2020, 04:25 PM
Comrade Jaylen got em seething.

jayfan
08-27-2020, 04:25 PM

Care to elaborate? What was stupid?

ArbitraryWater
08-27-2020, 04:26 PM
I‘m surprised at how easily some players have fallen for the narrative...

Russ, Smart..

Or how adamant some shy guys like Brown are about it. I guess they feel like this is their calling.

jayfan
08-27-2020, 04:28 PM
he's a stupid kid who has no idea how the world works. To make matters worse, i remember NBA announcers trying to flaunt his intellect because he doesn't speak in ebonics. shit was hilarious. :lol

Help us all out. How does the world work?

Rudeboy3
08-27-2020, 04:33 PM
I‘m surprised at how easily some players have fallen for the narrative...

Russ, Smart..

Or how adamant some shy guys like Brown are about it. I guess they feel like this is their calling.

no it's simply human nature, humans need the struggle to find a sense of self, something to devote themselves to. In the west, especially when you're a millionaire your life couldn't be easier, so people have to find a struggle to latch on to, even if it's mostly made up, so they can feel apart of something. So they can find their calling, Jaylen as seemingly found his calling as a pseudo-intellectual, he tries really really ****ing hard for people to think he's smart/ spiritual, whether it's the shit cringey quotes he constantly posts on social media, speaking at Harvard despite the fact he'd never get the opportunity if he didn't dribble. Jaylen is obviously smarter than the average athlete (not that big of an accomplishment) but he isn't as smart as he thinks he is

hateraid
08-27-2020, 04:36 PM

But yet he made a great point. His intelligence doesn't have to validate it. It's like he's calling the players bandwagon fans. You can't just follow when it's good. You follow it in the worst of times

FKAri
08-27-2020, 04:41 PM

Agree. Whether the cause is justified or not, they need to ask themselves how much are they willing to sacrifice to fight for it.

Ghost1
08-27-2020, 04:44 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/yddR3Mjx/fzjrtjr.jpg

DoctorP
08-27-2020, 04:44 PM
Will Jaylen Brown be the next idiot to get shot by some geeky teenager that plays Call of Duty all day?

to be continued...

Rudeboy3
08-27-2020, 04:46 PM

loool, who made this?

Ghost1
08-27-2020, 04:48 PM
loool, who made this?

me :pimp:

it's kinda corny, but ok :lol

dreamshake
08-27-2020, 04:50 PM

You wasn't shooting with me in the trenches.

Real Men Wear Green
08-27-2020, 04:59 PM
Brown is definitely more intelligent than any of the posters calling him stupid in his thread. You just don't like his politics. Well, guess what? Intelligence doesn't dictate political affiliation. Suggest you get iver it.

Ghost1
08-27-2020, 04:59 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/KzfRfJ9V/rthtrhb.jpg

ArbitraryWater
08-27-2020, 05:01 PM
Brown is definitely more intelligent than any of the posters calling him stupid in his thread. You just don't like his politics. Well, guess what? Intelligence doesn't dictate political affiliation. Suggest you get iver it.

.. Says the Celtics fan..

Gohan
08-27-2020, 05:11 PM
I swear these white boys showing their true colors on this board.

Wally450
08-27-2020, 05:15 PM

And you do?

starface
08-27-2020, 05:26 PM
no it's simply human nature, humans need the struggle to find a sense of self, something to devote themselves to. In the west, especially when you're a millionaire your life couldn't be easier, so people have to find a struggle to latch on to, even if it's mostly made up, so they can feel apart of something. So they can find their calling, Jaylen as seemingly found his calling as a pseudo-intellectual, he tries really really ****ing hard for people to think he's smart/ spiritual, whether it's the shit cringey quotes he constantly posts on social media, speaking at Harvard despite the fact he'd never get the opportunity if he didn't dribble. Jaylen is obviously smarter than the average athlete (not that big of an accomplishment) but he isn't as smart as he thinks he is

Can't argue with any of this

starface
08-27-2020, 05:27 PM

I think the way a lot of people are describing Jaylen Brown on here also happens to describe you.

So I can understand your sensitivity.

hateraid
08-27-2020, 05:30 PM

Yet you constantly shoot people down for their political opinions. Go figure

tpols
08-27-2020, 05:30 PM
Help us all out. How does the world work?

Life isn't fair.

And never will be. for a million reasons outside skin color.

Real Men Wear Green
08-27-2020, 05:48 PM
.. Says the Celtics fan..

And I say it to a number of posters that have shown themselves completely incapable of constructing an argument. How many of you actually addressed what he said?

Yes, you can all shut up now.

Real Men Wear Green
08-27-2020, 05:48 PM
Yet you constantly shoot people down for their political opinions. Go figure

So?

warriorfan
08-27-2020, 05:53 PM
Jaylen is going to throw the game to spite all the white bostonians.

Rudeboy3
08-27-2020, 05:54 PM

Celtics fan sucking off a Celtics player, who would have thought. Brown is not as smart as he think he is and sure as shit isn’t smarter than me.

ArbitraryWater
08-27-2020, 05:56 PM
And I say it to a number of posters that have shown themselves completely incapable of constructing an argument. How many of you actually addressed what he said?

Haha, look through the threads mate, we have ALL made arguments. You‘ve taken the standard let them be approach.

You‘re not saying anything except tearing down the posters instead of the tackling the issue. You don‘t have anything to add.

tpols
08-27-2020, 06:00 PM

What did he say?

Convicted felons getting shot because theyre hardcore resisting arrest requires people to "go in the trenches" to solve what? His whole aim is misguided. It should be pointed at negative ghetto culture but he touts a scapegoat. You've never been one to construct a good argument mate. You're a cuck whose position is visible 1000 yards away to anybody with a modicum of anticipation. Same as Jaylen.

Gohan
08-27-2020, 06:01 PM
Celtics fan sucking off a Celtics player, who would have thought. Brown is not as smart as he think he is and sure as shit isn’t smarter than me.

He’s way smarter than you’ll ever be. All you do is suck off Giannis so how are you any different

ArbitraryWater
08-27-2020, 06:03 PM
He’s way smarter than you’ll ever be. All you do is suck off Giannis so how are you any different

Gohan leave this to the adults mhmmkay?

Real Men Wear Green
08-27-2020, 06:05 PM
The average shelf sticker at Target is smarter than you. Me saying JB is now intelligent than his critics in this thread isn't even a real compliment.

Real Men Wear Green
08-27-2020, 06:08 PM
What did he say?

Convicted felons getting shot because theyre hardcore resisting arrest requires people to "go in the trenches" to solve what? His whole aim is misguided. It should be pointed at negative ghetto culture but he touts a scapegoat. You've never been one to construct a good argument mate. You're a cuck whose position is visible 1000 yards away to anybody with a modicum of anticipation. Same as Jaylen.

And the quote he said was about players following up this protest with real action... which has nothing to do with your uninteresting diatribe... which is why you are an idiot. Reading comprehension matters

Rudeboy3
08-27-2020, 06:11 PM
The average shelf sticker at Target is smarter than you. Me saying JB is now intelligent than his critics in this thread isn't even a real compliment.

Stop projecting your bottom tier intelligence on others, I can 100% guarantee my grades and IQ are higher than both yours and Jaylens. Stop the lying, you aren't fooling anyone but yourself. Also, I actually agree with jaylen on this occasion but you're so emotional and butthurt, you missed that part genius :lol

ArbitraryWater
08-27-2020, 06:13 PM

Yikes...

RMWG looking like that Whoah1105 guy now.

tpols
08-27-2020, 06:16 PM
Yikes...

RMWG looking like that Whoah1105 guy now.

Now that's taking it too far. :lol

RMWG isn't dumb, he's just limp wristed. Whatever the liberal agenda is he'll follow it regardless of context. I used to lean left, but with the accrual of new information and changing circumstances over time was forced to lean right to assume a still logical position. You can't hang onto your side if they are blatantly wrong. Have to make your own decisions. Jaylen and RMWG won't do that. There's no potential threshold that could change their minds.

jayfan
08-27-2020, 07:14 PM
Life isn't fair.

And never will be. for a million reasons outside skin color.
Ok, can't argue with that as a stand-alone statement. But what's the context in regard to what Jaylen said?

Kblaze8855
08-27-2020, 07:21 PM

RMWG isn't dumb, he's just limp wristed. Whatever the liberal agenda is he'll follow it regardless of context. I used to lean left, but with the accrual of new information and changing circumstances over time was forced to lean right to assume a still logical position. You can't hang onto your side if they are blatantly wrong. Have to make your own decisions. Jaylen and RMWG won't do that. There's no potential threshold that could change their minds.

Coming from someone who argued that the government should be able to seize large corporations stock to generate income for wealth redistribution and couldn’t see the obvious problems with that plan I don’t think a call for rational thinking hits too hard.

Youre one of the most politically ridiculous people here. These nba players plans are no less reasonable than your ideas.

tpols
08-27-2020, 07:23 PM
Ok, can't argue with that as a stand-alone statement. But what's the context in regard to what Jaylen said?

The context is he thinks magically one day everybody is going to be treated exactly the same irregardless of their past or current character. He thinks if police undergo some upheaval all will be fixed but the fact of the matter is if you have jacob types who are extremely violent and combative, there's no amount of training that will rid you of the 1/1000 circumstances where he acts up and gets hurt. Unless you deploy an army of super soldier robot police that make perfect decisions at every turn and are impervious to any emotion or error, this will keep happening. Cleaning up the communities of this scum is a far better solution than targeting the police.

Real Men Wear Green
08-27-2020, 07:24 PM
Stop projecting your bottom tier intelligence on others, I can 100% guarantee my grades and IQ are higher than both yours and Jaylens. Stop the lying, you aren't fooling anyone but yourself. Also, I actually agree with jaylen on this occasion but you're so emotional and butthurt, you missed that part genius :lol

You're the idiot that compared your obvious lack of intelligence to Brown to begin with. You chose ro reply to me.

Rudeboy3
08-27-2020, 07:32 PM
You're the idiot that compared your obvious lack of intelligence to Brown to begin with. You chose ro reply to me.

At no point did I compare my intelligence with Jaylen, you're literally the one who immediately started to get emotional like a mother protecting their child and saying Jaylen the Walmart version, of an off-brand version of Malcolm X, is smarter than most people in this thread, simply not true. Me replying to you wasn't me comparing my intelligence level to Jaylen's but simply me wanting to mock you and your obvious stan hood :lol

Jaylen is the average 20+ year-old who knows a little bit about a little bit and now acts like they're an arbiter of knowledge when they practically know jackshit but know a enough to fool the common plebs (you) into thinking they know what they're talking about. Get your IQ points up before talking to me, i can't keep sonning you like this, it's embarrassing :lol

Real Men Wear Green
08-27-2020, 07:37 PM
At no point did I compare my intelligence with Jaylen, you're literally the one who immediately started to get emotional like a mother protecting their child and saying Jaylen the Walmart version, of an off-brand version of Malcolm X, is smarter than most people in this thread, simply not true. Me replying to you wasn't me comparing my intelligence level to Jaylen's but simply me wanting to mock you and your obvious stan hood :lol

Jaylen is the average 20+ year-old who knows a little bit about a little bit and now acts like they're an arbiter of knowledge when they practically know jackshit but know a enough to fool the common plebs (you) into thinking they know what they're talking about. Get your IQ points up before talking to me, i can't keep sonning you like this, it's embarrassing :lol
Unprompted by me you wrote:

"Brown is not as smart as he think he is and sure as shit isn’t smarter than me."

In post #36. You probably misunderstood something. An unfortunate symptom of stupidity.

Rudeboy3
08-27-2020, 07:39 PM
The context is he thinks magically one day everybody is going to be treated exactly the same irregardless of their past or current character. He thinks if police undergo some upheaval all will be fixed but the fact of the matter is if you have jacob types who are extremely violent and combative, there's no amount of training that will rid you of the 1/1000 circumstances where he acts up and gets hurt. Unless you deploy an army of super soldier robot police that make perfect decisions at every turn and are impervious to any emotion or error, this will keep happening. Cleaning up the communities of this scum is a far better solution than targeting the police.

Pretty amazing how I had the same exact thought as this, including the robot part. America is simply too big of a country with too many people and guns for a scenario like this to not happen. Unless you combat the culture that's creating combative criminals like Jacob, no laws you pass will ever stop incidents like this from happening. Unless you de-arm the police, which America can't do because they own the vast majority of the world's guns, you'd essentially be sending officers to their deaths, that's if they don't outright quit first.

Rudeboy3
08-27-2020, 07:41 PM
Unprompted by me you wrote:

"Brown is not as smart as he think he is and sure as shit isn’t smarter than me."

In post #36. You probably misunderstood something. An unfortunate symptom of stupidity.

I didn't misunderstand anything I got what you meant but ill give you this one, I legit forgot I wrote the "and sure as shit isn’t smarter than me." part. Either way, it still holds true and you're still my son :lol

Rudeboy3
08-27-2020, 07:43 PM

Me sucking off Giannis is proof of my intelligence, why wouldn't I stan the current best basketball player in the world and one of the greatest humans to ever walk the earth?

Doranku
08-27-2020, 07:44 PM
Me sucking off Giannis is proof of my intelligence, why wouldn't I stan the current best basketball player in the world and one of the greatest humans to ever walk the earth?

:roll:

iamgine
08-27-2020, 07:49 PM
Jaylen just personifies the cancel culture right there. I'm not sure if he's doing it ironically because he wants to resume the playoff.

If you donate $10,000 to charity, he'd be saying, uh that's only like 1% of your earning. Why don't you donate like $500,000 if you really support the cause.
If you give $50 to a homeless person, he'd be saying, uh you got a few big houses. Why don't you turn your houses to shelters if you really care about homeless people.
If you say nothing about an issue, he'd be saying, uh man you have to use your platform to support us publicly. Or else you hate black people.

Gohan
08-27-2020, 07:52 PM

You should go to Harvard. I know they are trying to recruit you

Rudeboy3
08-27-2020, 07:53 PM
You should go to Harvard. I know they are trying to recruit you

Already Graduated from University my guy

tpols
08-27-2020, 07:56 PM
Coming from someone who argued that the government should be able to seize large corporations stock to generate income for wealth redistribution and couldn’t see the obvious problems with that plan I don’t think a call for rational thinking hits too hard.

Youre one of the most politically ridiculous people here. These nba players plans are no less reasonable than your ideas.

I do encourage governments to enforce monopoly laws.

One of the core pillars of successful capitalism is the enforcement of not allowing one entity to grow too big, and buy out / stifle all upcoming competition.

What's wrong with that?

Real Men Wear Green
08-27-2020, 07:56 PM
:roll:

It's really crazy how right wing male basketball fans have sexual fantasies about the superstar players they idolize and politics they despise. If they ever met he would blush and all for an autograph while Antetokuonmpo would just want a restraining order.

I grew up as part of a very homophobic generation. 99% of men my age have used the word "******" as an insult whether we'd admit it or not. For the last 15 years I've made a conscious effort to do better. Which can make it hard to discuss the issues with this kind of poster. I have to broach the topic carefully.

ArbitraryWater
08-27-2020, 08:01 PM

Yeah.

RMWG is the type of guy to take his clothes off and spray them due to Corona before entering his home if Gov would say so

Rudeboy3
08-27-2020, 08:20 PM
It's really crazy how right wing male basketball fans have sexual fantasies about the superstar players they idolize and politics they despise. If they ever met he would blush and all for an autograph while Antetokuonmpo would just want a restraining order.

I grew up as part of a very homophobic generation. 99% of men my age have used the word "******" as an insult whether we'd admit it or not. For the last 15 years I've made a conscious effort to do better. Which can make it hard to discuss the issues with this kind of poster. I have to broach the topic carefully.

This dude just wrote a whole novel, because of a joke I made. Talk about grasping at straws, really out here creating an alternate reality in your head, you really are a clown :lol

starface
08-27-2020, 09:00 PM

Do you realize (surely you do) that basically everyone sees you as the lamest guy here? Low Iq and cringey af.

When you ban me (which you obviously will again) people are always like “hey, wheres starface? is he banned? Ah, thats too bad.”

Meanwhile basically EVERYONE (except the odd celtic fan or sjw who might defend you here out if pity) thinks youre an absolute dweeb who makes the board far, far worse.

Anyway, what made me think of this is your CRINGEY awkward insult attempt, prefaced with “I grew up in a very homophobic generation, but I must say, altho I owe it to my political leaders to do better, I am sometimes tempted, though I know it’s wrong, to use a word like ******, tho I must do so carefully, for it is not the...”

Like, dude...

You are GAY.

starface
08-27-2020, 09:01 PM
This dude just wrote a whole novel, because of a joke I made. Talk about grasping at straws, really out here creating an alternate reality in your head, you really are a clown :lol

You can tell at all times he is a MASSIVE irl dork.

The dude is so lame it physically pains me.

PeroAntic
08-27-2020, 09:06 PM
You might think its corny but the mans got a point. These guys are right now trying to sit on two chairs. thats not gonna work.

He may not be Malcom X but hey people were laughing at him as well and now hes an icon guiding the movement.

jayfan
08-27-2020, 09:34 PM

To me, Jaylen's point was simply this-

If we're boycotting the rest of the season as a stance against injustice, we can't just go home, open a bottle of wine and call it a wrap. If we're not playing, it has to be for the purpose of doing something proactive. Whether it be speaking for a campaign, purchasing air time to literally send messages, volunteer in the community.... Something.

warriorfan
08-27-2020, 10:06 PM
You can tell at all times he is a MASSIVE irl dork.

The dude is so lame it physically pains me.

The one guy who doesn’t try to troll on this board is an inadvertent troll.

Amazing.

bluechox2
08-28-2020, 01:25 AM
Some players had enough of them late night calls with micky