PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one unimpressed by the Warriors chance next season?

Kiddlovesnets
08-27-2020, 09:48 PM
This was a team that finished last in this ongoing season, theres something about being a lottery team. Sure they were injury-plagued, but if you've watched how bad they were during the first 4 games of the regular season with a healthy Stephen Curry(especially the beatdowns by Clippers and then Thunder), you'd not be optimistic at their chance of bouncing back next year at all. Klay Thompson will be back but will never be the same again, Andrew Wiggins just aint good at all, Curry aint getting any younger, this year's draft class kinda sucks with the likes of Lamelo Ball likely to get top 3 pick. They just dont have a good rosters, and their bench is filled with NBDL players even worse than the Nets crippled rosters since season restart.

Unless they somehow find a way to trade for Giannis(which I dont think will happen anyway), their ceiling will be a 6th seed in the West, about as good as they used to be under Mark Jackson. I just dont see them contending again with 30+ years old Curry, Thompson and Dray leading the way. Their realistic goal is to aim for 50 wins and hope to get a playoffs spot. If you disagree, try to convince me why the Warriors would be good in 2021? I cant see them better than Lakers, Clippers, Rockets and even the Nuggets and Jazz.

Stanley Kobrick
08-27-2020, 09:51 PM
Warriors were 1-6 with Stephen Curry this season. one can only pray they keep Klay healthy and pick up another Durant tier player to push them into contention next year.

Axe
08-27-2020, 09:52 PM
Tbh dub dynasty has been pretty much over already since last year

hold this L
Still rent free

Kiddlovesnets
Warriors were 1-6 with Stephen Curry this season. one can only pray they keep Klay healthy and pick up another Durant tier player to push them into contention next year.

Yup, and their bench was filled with players who might struggle to make an NBDL team, there was a reason why they had such a poor record even with Stephen Curry.

NBAGOAT
08-27-2020, 09:57 PM
they know this is their title window so moves will be made. throw out like baynes/gasol at center along with wiseman and tpe for a decent bench wing and they look very good

Stanley Kobrick
08-27-2020, 10:07 PM
Yup, and their bench was filled with players who might struggle to make an NBDL team, there was a reason why they had such a poor record even with Stephen Curry.
stephen curry has never been a player that could carry an average or below average team. he needs star pieces around him, Warriors added a 22/5 player in Wiggins and yet still no one finds them a threat. Stephen Curry needs a Giannis tier player to get past Kawhi or old Bran

FireDavidKahn
08-27-2020, 11:44 PM
Well they wont be championship caliber

FireDavidKahn
08-27-2020, 11:46 PM
stephen curry has never been a player that could carry an average or below average team. he needs star pieces around him, Warriors added a 22/5 player in Wiggins and yet still no one finds them a threat. Stephen Curry needs a Giannis tier player to get past Kawhi or old Bran

This is why stats without context is a horrible way to evaluate a player. Those stats basically put him as one of the better sg's in the leauge:roll:

iamgine
08-27-2020, 11:52 PM
Their bench is a slight concern but their starter is top contender.

If they didn't trade the pick, they could take Obi Toppin who is ready to contribute right away. Then, it's a matter of picking up vets for minimum and staggering minutes so there'll at least be one of Curry, Klay, Wiggins or Draymond on the floor at all times. Then there's Eric Paschall who has a terrific rookie season and is expected to improve.

Really the only concern I have is injury. Otherwise I expect them to be one of the top contender.

highwhey
08-28-2020, 12:09 AM
who?

Bronbron23
08-28-2020, 12:33 AM
This was a team that finished last in this ongoing season, theres something about being a lottery team. Sure they were injury-plagued, but if you've watched how bad they were during the first 4 games of the regular season with a healthy Stephen Curry(especially the beatdowns by Clippers and then Thunder), you'd not be optimistic at their chance of bouncing back next year at all. Klay Thompson will be back but will never be the same again, Andrew Wiggins just aint good at all, Curry aint getting any younger, this year's draft class kinda sucks with the likes of Lamelo Ball likely to get top 3 pick. They just dont have a good rosters, and their bench is filled with NBDL players even worse than the Nets crippled rosters since season restart.

Unless they somehow find a way to trade for Giannis(which I dont think will happen anyway), their ceiling will be a 6th seed in the West, about as good as they used to be under Mark Jackson. I just dont see them contending again with 30+ years old Curry, Thompson and Dray leading the way. Their realistic goal is to aim for 50 wins and hope to get a playoffs spot. If you disagree, try to convince me why the Warriors would be good in 2021? I cant see them better than Lakers, Clippers, Rockets and even the Nuggets and Jazz.

they need a healthy klay. If they have that and they put some solid role and bench guys around klay and steph they have a chance at contending.

warriorfan
08-28-2020, 12:39 AM
Op is a nets fan.

Stanley Kobrick
08-28-2020, 12:39 AM
they need a healthy klay. If they have that and they put some solid role and bench guys around klay and steph they have a chance at contending.
i agree with you bronbron23, no klay no play. without klay who will be there to pick up the opposing teams toughest guard.

TheCorporation
08-28-2020, 01:00 AM

+1 w/o a doubt

Curry, Klay, Dray healthy is a threat anywhere. Now with Wiggins and a decent bench? Give them rim protection and it's on.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
08-28-2020, 01:04 AM

how could they have been 1-6 with Steph this season when he played 5 games, retard?

warriorfan
08-28-2020, 01:17 AM
how could they have been 1-6 with Steph this season when he played 5 games, retard?

Dude is a 100% troll account. Do yourself a favor and put him on ignore.

HylianNightmare
08-28-2020, 05:38 AM
The pick plus Wiggins could get them some help

E_Stamkos
08-28-2020, 07:46 AM
They could definitely turn it around overnight and likely will but there are a number of variables they'll have to overcome.

- Will Klay rebound from his catastrophic injury?
- Can Draymond return to form or has he regressed?
- Does Wiggins have what it takes to elevate his game or do they look to package him in a deal? How will they gel if he stays? AW is such a wild card at this point.
- What complimentary pieces can they afford and bring in to solidify their roster?

I know it goes without saying but they'll need a confluence of luck and prudent management to see them through this.

Axe
08-28-2020, 07:58 AM
Even a thunder team with a veteran cp3 have done a better job than them atm

hold this L
08-28-2020, 09:02 AM
They could definitely turn it around overnight and likely will but there are a number of variables they'll have to overcome.

- Will Klay rebound from his catastrophic injury?
- Can Draymond return to form or has he regressed?
- Does Wiggins have what it takes to elevate his game or do they look to package him in a deal? How will they gel if he stays? AW is such a wild card at this point.
- What complimentary pieces can they afford and bring in to solidify their roster?

I know it goes without saying but they'll need a confluence of luck and prudent management to see them through this.
Wiggins doesn't need to do much. Play good defense, move off the ball and don't be a chucking idiot. If he can do that, the rest depends on the 5 and depth in regards to what the team can actually accomplish.

Klay is ironman, the second toughest physical dude after Lebron in the league. I have no doubts he will come back at minimum 95% of what he used to be.

imdaman99
08-28-2020, 10:12 AM
I think they are gonna be contenders as long as they have Klay. He is their only great perimeter defender and teams are getting better and better on the perimeter.

TheCorporation
08-28-2020, 10:30 AM
Dude is a 100% troll account. Do yourself a favor and put him on ignore.

Why are you so hurt 24/7? It's just basketball man, relax my guy it's literally just grown sweaty men running up-and-down a wooden floor, bouncing a ball. This forum is not that serious. This weekend I want you to go out and get laid. Grab a beer with a friend, just relax and live life. :cheers:

Gohan
08-28-2020, 10:39 AM
Warrior haters are still salty. Smh

Bronbron23
08-28-2020, 11:46 AM
i agree with you bronbron23, no klay no play. without klay who will be there to pick up the opposing teams toughest guard.

yeah man hes underrated on that team especially by some of steph stans who seem to feel threatened by klay's importance.

Bronbron23
08-28-2020, 11:47 AM
+1 w/o a doubt

Curry, Klay, Dray healthy is a threat anywhere. Now with Wiggins and a decent bench? Give them rim protection and it's on.

Yeah man i'm not a huge warriors fan but having them full strength and in the mix makes it more interesting

Bronbron23
08-28-2020, 11:54 AM
Warrior haters are still salty. Smh

salty about what? Im an admitted warrior hater in a non serious kind of way and there's really nothing to be salty about. They had a weak ring in 15. A epic collapse in 16 and they lost last year. The 2 chips in between that were easy to stomach because i like kd and and the warriors winning was a given because of him.

Also like most hate on here its usually directed to the stans and not the actual team or player. I actually like steph, klay and dray. The warriors being in the mix makes the league much better. I just disagree with some of the warrior stans on here about steph and the warriors teams place in history

Dbrog
08-28-2020, 11:58 AM
I don't follow college that closely but couldn't they draft that top prospect Center to sure up their starting lineup? They certainly already have enough to compete assuming Klay and Curry are healthy. It's not like there are any stacked teams right now except maybe Nets, but that remains to be seen.

Stephonit
08-28-2020, 12:48 PM

If you are unimpressed with their chances, then it will only be more impressive if they do win.

Kiddlovesnets
08-28-2020, 07:53 PM
If you are unimpressed with their chances, then it will only be more impressive if they do win.

Do you honestly believe they can win? I don’t even see them getting past 1st round.

Stephonit
08-28-2020, 08:14 PM
Do you honestly believe they can win? I don’t even see them getting past 1st round.

I guess we'll see. But yes they can win.

Bronbron23
08-28-2020, 11:27 PM

come on bruh, first round? That will be light work for a healthy warriors team. Winning it all is a different story.

Axe
08-29-2020, 05:46 AM
It depends which seed they end up getting

Bronbron23
08-29-2020, 04:52 PM
It depends which seed they end up getting

What are you guys smoking? It dosnt depend at all. Theres no 8 seed beating a healthy warriors team. Dallas wont be an 8 seed next year and warriors would stomp the blazers.

Kiddlovesnets
08-29-2020, 05:11 PM
What are you guys smoking? It dosnt depend at all. Theres no 8 seed beating a healthy warriors team. Dallas wont be an 8 seed next year and warriors would stomp the blazers.

Well the Wariors will be a 6-7th seed next season, so for a 8th seed to play them will only happen in the Conference Finals, which aint happening. :rolleyes:

Bronbron23
08-29-2020, 05:30 PM
Well the Wariors will be a 6-7th seed next season, so for a 8th seed to play them will only happen in the Conference Finals, which aint happening. :rolleyes:

they wont be 6 or 7. They'll be 1-3 next year.

Axe
08-29-2020, 06:19 PM
Dude i was only imagining what if they finished below the top 5 seed? Without durant to put them on top and the west being stacked as ever, I just don't see them be in that position again.

Turbo Slayer
08-29-2020, 06:20 PM
The Warriors will probably be a top 4 seed at minimum.

Bronbron23
08-29-2020, 06:48 PM
Dude i was only imagining what if they finished below the top 5 seed? Without durant to put them on top and the west being stacked as ever, I just don't see them be in that position again.

i was referring more to him then you. You thinking they dont have a chance is fair because i dont really either. I cant see them beating lakers or clippers so if they were a 7 or 8 seed they would probably lose first round. I just dont see them being anywhere close to a 7 or 8 if healthy. 4th in the west is the worst i can see them.

Axe
08-29-2020, 06:55 PM
i was referring more to him then you. You thinking they dont have a chance is fair because i dont really either. I cant see them beating lakers or clippers so if they were a 7 or 8 seed they would probably lose first round. I just dont see them being anywhere close to a 7 or 8 if healthy. 4th in the west is the worst i can see them.
Oh that i would agree with. But you think the three (steph, klay, dray) of them and some new potential additions would be enough for that? Those guys are older now so don't forget.

Kblaze8855
08-29-2020, 07:02 PM
In this league you won’t have a healthy version of the best shooting backcourt ever and not be good if you so much as try on defense.

Bronbron23
08-30-2020, 07:13 AM
Oh that i would agree with. But you think the three (steph, klay, dray) of them and some new potential additions would be enough for that? Those guys are older now so don't forget.

Yeah man i do. They are getting older but the league is less physical and guys play less minutes so early thirties is like late 20' now. Plus i think they're all pissed that they've been wrote off and they're gonna be supper motivated.

The other thing is the way they play. They'll be one of the few teams that focus more on on and off ball movement instead of ball dominance with their best player which is how alot of the teams are playing now. This is one of the reasons why the raptors are such overachievers. They're one of the few teams that still play beautiful team ball. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if warriors are number one in the west next year. Between kawhi load managing and lebron coasting they'll be right there.