PDA

View Full Version : Assuming someone else could make 13 playoffs and 9 Finals, will we ever see 7k again?

Shooter
08-28-2020, 10:56 PM
Assuming someone else could also have zero 1st round defeats as well and be the #1 option for their entire career, could someone else ever reach 7k playoff points like LeGoat?

bullettooth
08-28-2020, 11:02 PM
We'd need an Elgin Baylor ver. 4.0.

Shooter
08-28-2020, 11:04 PM
We'd need an Elgin Baylor ver. 4.0.

They'll have to pass ol' MJ #2 at 5,987 first :-D

Bronbron23
08-28-2020, 11:18 PM
Assuming someone else could also have zero 1st round defeats as well and be the #1 option for their entire career, could someone else ever reach 7k playoff points like LeGoat?

Luka could. He'd need to have luck like bron and be in a weaker conference. If bron was in the west his whole career hed have 6 less finals appearances and maybe a few less semi finals. Thats alot of games and points.

Shooter
08-28-2020, 11:39 PM
Luka could. He'd need to have luck like bron and be in a weaker conference. If bron was in the west his whole career hed have 6 less finals appearances and maybe a few less semi finals. Thats alot of games and points.

Not true. In fact he might actually have had MORE rings if he played in the west. Western teams typically have a better front office (FO). LeBron on the Spurs? Yikes. LeBron with Laker from the start? Yikes. LeBron on any Western team with a decent FO = Instachip. Be careful what you wish for.

Now imagine Kobe or Magic or MJ or anyone in Cleveland? Probably make 1 or 2 Finals max.

Shooter
08-28-2020, 11:41 PM

You think he can make 8 Finals as his team's leading scorer? LeBron is the only one to ever do it.

Led team in Finals scoring
LBJ = 8x
MJ = 6x
Shaq = 5x
Kareem = 5x

I doubt it...

kawhileonard2
08-28-2020, 11:42 PM
If they are always down every year in the playoffs at least 3-2 then it is easy to accumulate numbers.

Shooter
08-28-2020, 11:48 PM
If they are always down every year in the playoffs at least 3-2 then it is easy to accumulate numbers.

Yep, just gotta lead your team in Finals scoring for at least 8 years.

It has been done. Once :-D

Kawhi has done it once in his career too :lol

Spurs m8
08-29-2020, 12:05 AM
Sometimes I wonder how big Bron could have been if he had that killer instinct and winners mentality.
Also the clutch gene.

Would have been cool to see a legit threat to GOAT

Shooter
08-29-2020, 12:09 AM
Sometimes I wonder how big Jordan could have been if he had that killer instinct and winners mentality.
Also the clutch gene.

Would have been cool to see a legit threat to GOAT

Me too.

imdaman99
08-29-2020, 02:20 AM
I still don't have 4k, you're telling me they have 7k out now? :eek:

Axe
08-29-2020, 05:57 AM
Now imagine Kobe or Magic or MJ or anyone in Cleveland? Probably make 1 or 2 Finals max.
A cleveland team filled mostly with bunch of scrubs where lbj also looked far superior than any of his peers? Duh :lol

Ofc the disparity only helps in making him a great leader of a player.

StrongLurk
08-29-2020, 10:13 AM
Luka is the only real threat to Lebron in my opinion. But things can change quickly (see Steph and the Warriors the second half of this decade).

The only thing I would change about Luka is he complains A LOT to the refs, dude is super chippy.

3ball
08-29-2020, 11:32 AM
When did the Finals streak start?

Only after forming a super-team in a conference that weak teams were routinely winning

The 09 Magic, 07 Cavs, 03 Nets and 01 Sixers were all weak teams, yet lebron formed a super team (cheated... manufactured fake resume)

Lebron ain't shit.. a straight bitch... Fake resume.. fake activist.. not a closer... Scared

TheCorporation
08-29-2020, 11:35 AM
Luka is the only real threat to Lebron in my opinion. But things can change quickly (see Steph and the Warriors the second half of this decade).

The only thing I would change about Luka is he complains A LOT to the refs, dude is super chippy.

I dont see Luka making 9 Finals. It's nearly impossible in the legal zone MODERN era.

I'll be surprised if he can lead his team in Finals scoring even 3 times like Curry, KD, Kobe all have done.

3ball
08-29-2020, 11:43 AM
I dont see Luka making 9 Finals. It's nearly impossible in the legal zone MODERN era.

I'll be surprised if he can lead his team in Finals scoring even 3 times like Curry, KD, Kobe all have done.

Dude STFU with your delusional ignorance and ignoring facts

Luka would make 9 Finals if he formed super-team in weak conference

That's the only reason lebron had a Finals streak (only AFTER the "decision")

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
08-29-2020, 12:32 PM

Luka hasn't even finished a playoff series, and you are making that declaration.

Under different rules and play style at that.

Learn the game or stay on the sidelines, dummy.

TheCorporation
08-29-2020, 12:40 PM

Can you gather yourself and take your meds before you respond next time. Please and thank you. Luka has played 5 playoff games ever, let's relax.

And MJ literally did form a superteam in a weak conference, how in the hell do you think he set the record in 1998 by leading his team in Finals scoring 6 times, thereby passing Shaq and Kareem with their 5 (amazing feat by the way). But then, in 2017 LeBron passed MJ by leading his team in Finals scoring 7 times. Then 8 times in 2018. LeBron has another level that most guys don't have.

Leading your team in Finals scoring 5 times is very tough. Only 4 players have ever done it. Thing is, LBJ did it 8 times. Learn the game or stay on the sidelines, dummy.

TheCorporation
08-29-2020, 01:56 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/Pr1NsPt3/Le-Lion-King.png

Bronbron23
08-29-2020, 04:48 PM
Not true. In fact he might actually have had MORE rings if he played in the west. Western teams typically have a better front office (FO). LeBron on the Spurs? Yikes. LeBron with Laker from the start? Yikes. LeBron on any Western team with a decent FO = Instachip. Be careful what you wish for.

Well it obviously depends on what team hes on. I was assuming hed be on an equivalent team in the west so it wouldn't be that great. As far as magic or kobe and mj, kobe and mj won chips without amazing teams. Pip wasn't amazing in 91 or 98 and kobe never really had anybody amazing after shaq.

And your scenario goes both ways. Replace bron with mj in 2011 and heat win. Replace bron with mj in 15 and cle wins. All bron had to do was hit mid ranges and it was over. People act like iggy was a crazy defender. All he did was dare bron to shoot the mid which bron did at a pretty bad clip. No way you can gaurd a prime mj like that. Hed drop 40 plus a game on good efficiency easily.

Bronbron23
08-29-2020, 04:49 PM
You think he can make 8 Finals as his team's leading scorer? LeBron is the only one to ever do it.

Led team in Finals scoring
LBJ = 8x
MJ = 6x
Shaq = 5x
Kareem = 5x

I doubt it...

in a conference as weak as the east yeah.

TheCorporation
08-29-2020, 05:16 PM
in a conference as weak as the east yeah.

I didn't know LBJ was the only player in the "weak East"

If the East is so easy why hasn't anyone else done it or even come close?

Check. Mate.

TheCorporation
08-29-2020, 05:18 PM
Well it obviously depends on what team hes on. I was assuming hed be on an equivalent team in the west so it wouldn't be that great. As far as magic or kobe and mj, kobe and mj won chips without amazing teams. Pip wasn't amazing in 91 or 98 and kobe never really had anybody amazing after shaq.

And your scenario goes both ways. Replace bron with mj in 2011 and heat win. Replace bron with mj in 15 and cle wins. All bron had to do was hit mid ranges and it was over. People act like iggy was a crazy defender. All he did was dare bron to shoot the mid which bron did at a pretty bad clip. No way you can gaurd a prime mj like that. Hed drop 40 plus a game on good efficiency easily.

There is only 1 year MJ wins in place of LBJ
There are 6 years where LBJ wins in place of MJ.

Hell, Klay Thompson probably wins 4 or 5 chips in MJ's spot :lol

Bronbron23
08-29-2020, 05:20 PM
I didn't know LBJ was the only player in the "weak East"

If the East is so easy why hasn't anyone else done it or even come close?

Check. Mate.

Well the east wasnt the weaker conference before him so your how could they. Thats kind of the point dude.

Bronbron23
08-29-2020, 05:24 PM
There is only 1 year MJ wins in place of LBJ
There are 6 years where LBJ wins in place of MJ.

Hell, Klay Thompson probably wins 4 or 5 chips in MJ's spot :lol

Nah man. Lebron needs another great scorer. Hes not winning in place of mj. Mj on the other hand still gets 5 or 6 in brons place. He wins everyone in miami and also wins in 15 and 16. 17 and 18 would be tough, as would any year with those early cavs

TheCorporation
08-29-2020, 05:34 PM
Nah man. Lebron needs another great scorer. Hes not winning in place of mj. Mj on the other hand still gets 5 or 6 in brons place. He wins everyone in miami and also wins in 15 and 16. 17 and 18 would be tough, as would any year with those early cavs

No. Wake up. You're too far off from the real world.

What was MJ's best ring? His TOUGHEST Finals opponent?

TheCorporation
08-29-2020, 05:34 PM
Well the east wasnt the weaker conference before him so your how could they. Thats kind of the point dude.

Did any other teams play in the East from 2007 to 2018?

Lemme know :oldlol:

HylianNightmare
08-29-2020, 05:36 PM
Luka

Bronbron23
08-29-2020, 05:45 PM
Did any other teams play in the East from 2007 to 2018?

Lemme know :oldlol:

Its irrelevant. Nobody is saying anyone else from the east in that era could. Lebron like luka and mj is generational talent. It would take someone like them to do what bron did. Mj came close but for alot of his career was in the tougher conference. Luka is young so we obviously dont know but hes also in the tougher conference. Bron wasn't is all. If he was and had the same caliber team he wouldn't have made all those finals is all. Its not even arguable dude.

ZenMaster7210
08-29-2020, 05:57 PM
Lebron ain't shit.. a straight bitch... Fake resume.. fake activist.. not a closer... Scared

:applause::oldlol:

MaxPlayer
08-29-2020, 06:08 PM
I don't see that record falling for a long time.

And he could still pad it by 1000+ more if he can make a couple more deep runs.

Turbo Slayer
08-29-2020, 06:14 PM
Probably not. I mean that chance is astronomically small.

TheCorporation
08-29-2020, 06:17 PM
I don't see that record falling for a long time.

And he could still pad it by 1000+ more if he can make a couple more deep runs.

Crazy to think LBJ decimated MJ, Shaq, Kareem, and Kobe in playoff scoring. A true King Record. I agree if he can get to 8,000 it would truly be unbreakable. But even 7,000 is beyond what anyone has ever done ever.

3ball
08-29-2020, 07:46 PM
And MJ formed a super-team in a weak conference

But then he was undefeated against the West, whereas Lebron is 3/9, so most of his Finals appearances were conference-dependant

And the 90's East wasn't weak, since Pippen was outplayed every year by an opposing 2nd option or 2nd-leading scorer:

1990 ECF....... Dumars destroys Pippen
1992 ECSF..... X-man.. legendary destruction
1993 1st Rd... Willis and Nique feast on Pippen
1994 ECSF...... Ewing destroys Pippen
1995 1st Rd... Larry Johnson manhandles pip
1996 ECF........ Penny lights up Pippen
1997 1st Rd... Juwan Howard schools Pippen
1998 ECF....... 2nd option: Rik Smits 16.3 on 55%... Pip 16.6 on 39%

Axe
08-29-2020, 07:58 PM
Can you gather yourself and take your meds before you respond next time. Please and thank you. Luka has played 5 playoff games ever, let's relax.

And MJ literally did form a superteam in a weak conference, how in the hell do you think he set the record in 1998 by leading his team in Finals scoring 6 times, thereby passing Shaq and Kareem with their 5 (amazing feat by the way). But then, in 2017 LeBron passed MJ by leading his team in Finals scoring 7 times. Then 8 times in 2018. LeBron has another level that most guys don't have.

Leading your team in Finals scoring 5 times is very tough. Only 4 players have ever done it. Thing is, LBJ did it 8 times. Learn the game or stay on the sidelines, dummy.
You're dumb, slick.

Last time i recall, 1-9 baldan before 35 didn't even hop into other teams that already had fmvps nor recruited a potential player to his team.

Btw, you really do love using your dups so much with the garbage threads you make.

TheCorporation
08-29-2020, 08:19 PM
You're dumb, slick.

Last time i recall, 1-9 baldan before 35 didn't even hop into other teams that already had fmvps nor recruited a potential player to his team.

Btw, you really do love using your dups so much with the garbage threads you make.

A 2020 account shouting alt :lol That's cute

TheCorporation
08-29-2020, 08:19 PM
But then he was undefeated against the West, whereas Lebron is 3/9, so most of his Finals appearances were conference-dependant

And the 90's East wasn't weak, since Pippen was outplayed every year by an opposing 2nd option or 2nd-leading scorer:

1990 ECF....... Dumars destroys Pippen
1992 ECSF..... X-man.. legendary destruction
1993 1st Rd... Willis and Nique feast on Pippen
1994 ECSF...... Ewing destroys Pippen
1995 1st Rd... Larry Johnson manhandles pip
1996 ECF........ Penny lights up Pippen
1997 1st Rd... Juwan Howard schools Pippen
1998 ECF....... 2nd option: Rik Smits 16.3 on 55%... Pip 16.6 on 39%

*yawn*

So, assuming someone else could make 13 playoffs and 9 Finals, will we ever see 7k again?

Axe
08-29-2020, 08:27 PM
A 2020 account shouting alt :lol That's cute
Yeah you have tons of dups that have been banned

Ouch :oldlol:

GOATbe
08-29-2020, 08:48 PM
Honestly someone getting 6 finals losses will be much more difficult than the 7k especially in this inflated era. And I have a feeling he has 1 more loss in him. He really has more finals losses than Kobe has rings whilst playing on superteams, it's incredible.

kawhileonard2
08-29-2020, 09:55 PM
Yep, just gotta lead your team in Finals scoring for at least 8 years.

It has been done. Once :-D

Kawhi has done it once in his career too :lol

Or lose to Dwight Howard with HCA and get taken 7 with HCA to Victor Oladipo.

Nike D'Antoni
08-29-2020, 10:10 PM
Yes we will.

Vino24
08-29-2020, 10:11 PM
Short answer no.

FromDowntown
08-30-2020, 12:26 AM
Honestly someone getting 6 finals losses will be much more difficult than the 7k especially in this inflated era. And I have a feeling he has 1 more loss in him. He really has more finals losses than Kobe has rings whilst playing on superteams, it's incredible.

*6 Finals appearances

win or lose. Let's start with the basics slick :oldlol: People don't get to the Finals to begin with. I know tons of 1st and 2nd round failures though :D

https://media.giphy.com/media/xUOwGoolwL6rx3uzYc/giphy.gif

TheCorporation
08-30-2020, 12:37 AM
*6 Finals appearances

win or lose. Let's start with the basics slick :oldlol: People don't get to the Finals to begin with. I know tons of 1st and 2nd round failures though :D

https://media.giphy.com/media/xUOwGoolwL6rx3uzYc/giphy.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/xUnPFR7qYiCvuIVhO4/giphy.gif

TheCorporation
08-30-2020, 12:42 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/JnYgq9pw/dA-bESS.png

https://media.giphy.com/media/MUeQeEQaDCjE4/giphy.gif

Shooter
08-30-2020, 02:40 PM
Crazy to think LBJ decimated MJ, Shaq, Kareem, and Kobe in playoff scoring. A true King Record. I agree if he can get to 8,000 it would truly be unbreakable. But even 7,000 is beyond what anyone has ever done ever.

Top of the mountain

https://media3.giphy.com/media/fSkZaUbdFCDcyP93oO/giphy.gif