PDA

View Full Version : More evidence such photos exist only to annoy me.

Kblaze8855
08-29-2020, 08:50 AM
https://www.hostpic.org/images/2008291816560104.jpeg

Kblaze8855
08-29-2020, 08:51 AM
It is slightly less egregious than most but Karl being 3 dollars is reason enough to assume it’s aimed directly at me.

tpols
08-29-2020, 09:14 AM
one from each row

chef
MJ
barkley
Dirk
Wilt

Kblaze8855
08-29-2020, 09:30 AM
I’d take any 2 on the first list I wanted, add Durant or KG, then the 3 best from the last list depending on the holes I’d left myself.

Probably something like Jordan and Bird or Kareem, KD, and Dirk and Giannis for the offense/Defense balance and maybe Rose after that since I’m not sure how Harden plays now as one of 5 true stars. They had to beg Rose to shoot more. You need someone who won’t care about shots. Nash would be perfect of course but he’s too expensive. I don’t know if Harden survives the third contested step back when Jordan or Bird had a better look.

That said....ive read he doesn’t actually like the way he plays and it’s more Dantoni forcing him to do it so maybe in such a situation he would stop. If so....he could be that teams point. But who knows?

He seems to embrace that play style more than I’d like for the ball handler on a team that talented. I think Rose would be more content pushing the tempo and not being a disruption. At least compared to Harden and Westbrook.

Best guy for that spot would be like Chris Paul minus the apparent personality issues.

Really you just need Steve Nash. Steve would be content taking 4 shots and getting 17 assists some nights or 19 points and no assists while others handled the ball on others.

Nash or Isiah would be right....even though people who weren’t there somehow think Isiah was a scorer first.

Dr Hawk
08-29-2020, 09:33 AM
MJ
Olajuwon
Curry
Garnett
Dirk

Ghost1
08-29-2020, 09:35 AM
Steve Nash
Michael Jordan
Kevin Durant
Kevin Garnett
Hakeem Olajuwon

ArbitraryWater
08-29-2020, 09:45 AM
Nash and Iverson more expensive than Dirk

Karl 3 times as much

ArbitraryWater
08-29-2020, 09:47 AM
Curry
Bron
KD
Dirk
Shaq

Best Combination here

Thats OP

You can take Barkley instead of KD

SouBeachTalents
08-29-2020, 09:48 AM
Curry
Jordan
Durant
Dirk
Hakeem

SouBeachTalents
08-29-2020, 09:52 AM
Westbrook
Iverson
LeBron
Malone
Moses

DoctorP
08-29-2020, 09:52 AM
Dirk
Giannis
LeBron
Jordan
Curry

Bring me the rings

tpols
08-29-2020, 09:54 AM
Nash and Iverson more expensive than Dirk

Karl 3 times as much

Dirk has the best value on the list by far imo. Barkley at 2 bucks is quite cheap as well, since peak barkley > malone.

Doranku
08-29-2020, 09:59 AM
Steph
Kobe
Bran
Dirk
KG

DoctorP
08-29-2020, 10:04 AM
Dirk, Giannis and Harden have great value. Steph is overvalued but I had the budget to slide him at the 1 due to Giannis/Dirk

StrongLurk
08-29-2020, 10:10 AM
I'll just take the bottom two rows. 10 superstar players on da squad.

sundizz
08-29-2020, 11:13 AM
Guys i got the right answer back offf

Nash $2
Jordan $5
KG $2
Bird $5
Giannis $1

also the poster above may be right. That’s also kinda genius.

warriorfan
08-29-2020, 11:17 AM

Curry-3
MJ-5
KD-2
KG-2
TD-3

Pretty sure this is the right answer.

elementally morale
08-29-2020, 12:20 PM
Nash
Kobe
Dirk
Hakeem
Shaq

I win.

Shogon
08-29-2020, 12:30 PM
As much as I want to include Russell, I think he's redundant with the rest of my roster.

C - Shaq - $4
PF - KG - $2
SF - KD - $2
SG - Kobe - $4
PG - Steph - $3

The gravity between Steph & Shaq means I'm getting an open look literally every single time down the floor or Shaq is raping someone... or Steph is raping someone. And my defense is stacked.

Shogon
08-29-2020, 12:32 PM
Curry-3
MJ-5
KD-2
KG-2
TD-3

So basically you'd take MJ & TD over Kobe & Shaq... eh, I don't know about that one.

I mean, are we talking careers, absolute peak... what?

I think of peak... 2000 Shaq might be the GOAT.

DoctorP
08-29-2020, 12:36 PM
I love Shaq but he's overrated. Hack a Shaq his ass. Plus hes always in foul trouble, rarely there at the end. Ill take Jordan/LeBron.

Long Duck Dong
08-29-2020, 12:38 PM
Nash 2
MJ 5
Bird 5
Dirk 1
David Robinson 1

elementally morale
08-29-2020, 12:42 PM
I went with size, 3 point shooting and proven chemistry.

Nash and Dirk are very good from deep and can play together. As can Kobe and Shaq. Hakeem doesn't need the ball much but is killed enough to play the 4 or the 5. Dirk at the 3 is the position he should be. Huge size advantage. Nash is pass first but is willing to take the shot. My team has center play. three point shooting and a great midrange game. Also, tons of closers. Egos are managable, too. Scoriing inside with Shaq and Hakeem there... good luck.

DMAVS41
08-29-2020, 12:50 PM
Curry-3
MJ-5
KD-2
KG-2
TD-3

Curry
MJ
Durant
Dirk
Hakeem

Is better in my opinion...offense is just on another level with Dirk / Hakeem instead of KG / Duncan.

tpols
08-29-2020, 01:03 PM
I love Shaq but he's overrated. Hack a Shaq his ass. Plus hes always in foul trouble, rarely there at the end. Ill take Jordan/LeBron.

Yup... Wilt would eat Shaq's lunch. Plus hes a much better defender and passer, type of stuff you need on offensively stacked teams.

Rudeboy3
08-29-2020, 01:04 PM
Annoy you? Giannis is 1 dollar? This is obviously aimed to piss me off, a 2 time MVP and a DPOY is only 1 dollars? Who ever made this, I hope they never know peace

Kiddlovesnets
08-29-2020, 01:13 PM
Duncan too low, only $3? He could be up in the $5 row.

Carbine
08-29-2020, 01:19 PM
For today's NBA and assuming peak...

C - Shaq $3..... getting possibly the goat peak at 3 dollars. He played pick and roll defense well in his peak too.
PF - Dirk $1....... plays beautiful off ball. Spaces floor.
SF - Bird $5....... plays with other great players as well as anyone. Doesn't take away from anyones game. Floor spacer.
SG - Durant $2...... plays beautifully off ball. Spaces floor.
PG - Curry $3..... GOAT floor spacer.

$1 to spare.... the owners love me and I'll win in today's league.

Anyone pairing two players who can't shoot 3's is not doing it right.

Carbine
08-29-2020, 01:24 PM
C - Giannis $1
PF - KG $2
SF - Durant $2
SG - MJ $5
PG - Kobe $4

Is quite interesting too, all are All-NBA 1st team caliber defenders three of which DPOY winners. Giannis & KG are GOAT level pick and roll switchers. The only thing lacking is ideal floor spacing which is a problem.

TheCorporation
08-29-2020, 01:30 PM
PG: Curry ($3)
SG: Durant ($2)
SF: LeBron ($5)
PF: Garnett ($2)
C: This is always the toughest decision. Hakeem, Shaq, Kareem, Russell? (NOT Wilt tho). Which to choose. I'll go...Hakeem?

Curry
Durant
LBJ
KG
Hakeem

SEND ME THE CHIP

1987_Lakers
08-29-2020, 01:35 PM
Curry
MJ
Durant
Dirk
Hakeem

Wally450
08-29-2020, 01:38 PM
Curry
Kobe
Durant
KG
Shaq

Reggie43
08-29-2020, 01:42 PM
C - Duncan $3
PF - Giannis $1
SF - Bird $5
SG - Jordan $5
PG - Westbrook $1

Phoenix
08-29-2020, 01:50 PM
$4 Hakeem
$1 Dirk
$2 KD
$5 MJ
$3 Steph

TheCorporation
08-29-2020, 01:53 PM
C - Duncan $3
PF - Giannis $1
SF - Bird $5
SG - Jordan $5
PG - Westbrook $1

Did you purposely try to make the worst possible combo? :lol

No KG, LBJ, Shaq, Curry, or Hakeem?

imdaman99
08-29-2020, 03:21 PM
I'll just take the bottom two rows. 10 superstar players on da squad.

Yeah this. 10 superstars, let a couple on each be the alphas and the rest figure out their roles and dominate.

starface
08-29-2020, 03:35 PM
Magic
Nash
Durant
Dirk
Duncan

2EZ

ArbitraryWater
08-29-2020, 03:40 PM
As much as I want to include Russell, I think he's redundant with the rest of my roster.

C - Shaq - $4
PF - KG - $2
SF - KD - $2
SG - Kobe - $4
PG - Steph - $3

The gravity between Steph & Shaq means I'm getting an open look literally every single time down the floor or Shaq is raping someone... or Steph is raping someone. And my defense is stacked.

KG, KD, Kobe, Steph?

You‘re actually liable to have off shooting series‘ against other teams here. There are much more efficient scorers as a group available. Too much perimeter volume play

tpols
08-29-2020, 03:41 PM
The thing that should annoy everybody on this list is the inclusion of rose, westbrook, and iverson. There's so many players you could replace them with that were infinitely better....

Chris Paul
Jason Kidd
Kawhi Leonard
David Robinson
John Stockton
Scottie Pippen
Gary Payton
Pat Ewing
Reggie Miller
Bill Walton
Kevin McHale
James Worthy
Manu Ginobili
Mark Price

and many many more that were so much better at basketball.

Maybe they put them on the list just to throw in some new guys? I dont know but that is incredulous.

ArbitraryWater
08-29-2020, 03:41 PM
C - Duncan $3
PF - Giannis $1
SF - Bird $5
SG - Jordan $5
PG - Westbrook $1

Wtf

starface
08-29-2020, 03:42 PM
The thing that should annoy everybody on this list is the inclusion of rose, westbrook, and iverson. There's so many players you could replace them with that were infinitely better....

It serves as something of an IQ test.

If you pick Rose, Harden or Westbrook, you fail.

tpols
08-29-2020, 03:45 PM
It serves as something of an IQ test.

If you pick Rose, Harden or Westbrook, you fail.

Harden is very cheap, but still quite impactful.

Iverson is a far bigger loser.

NBAGOAT
08-29-2020, 03:53 PM
great minds think alike. hakeem, dirk, kd, mj, curry is just too talented and fits too well together.

To go in a different direction: duncan, dirk, lebron, kobe, nash.

Carbine
08-29-2020, 03:55 PM
Curry and Dirk fit well together on offense obviously.

But when you have two guys like that who can be put in pick and rolls constantly, they're two negative defenders. It's going to be rough.

tpols
08-29-2020, 04:03 PM
Curry and Dirk fit well together on offense obviously.

But when you have two guys like that who can be put in pick and rolls constantly, they're two negative defenders. It's going to be rough.

Thats why you have to balance them out with GOAT defenders.

If you want to go pure 2-way down the rows it would be

MJ
Hakeem
Duncan
Durant

and then the last row is all one way guys. Dirk Has the best value though.

If I had to revise my standings I guess that would be it.

Gohan
08-29-2020, 04:05 PM
Give me iverson and lebron and y’all can pick the rest. Same with Jordan and dirk

TheCorporation
08-29-2020, 04:10 PM

MJ
Hakeem
Duncan
Durant

KD over LBJ and MJ over Kobe as "2-way" players? :lol Looks like someone has CTE

Carbine
08-29-2020, 04:16 PM

MJ
Hakeem
Duncan
Durant

Yeah, but they can only do so much to help them. If Hakeem is defending someone spotted up in the corner 3, his defensive impact on a play is hindered because he can't really leave without giving up an open 3. It's not the old days where Hakeem is around the basket guarding Robert Parish all game.

Manny98
08-29-2020, 04:29 PM
LeBron at only 5 dollars is an absolute bargain :bowdown:

Kblaze8855
08-29-2020, 05:05 PM
Yeah, but they can only do so much to help them. If Hakeem is defending someone spotted up in the corner 3, his defensive impact on a play is hindered because he can't really leave without giving up an open 3. It's not the old days where Hakeem is around the basket guarding Robert Parish all game.

If it were that easy you would just put the man any great defender guards in the corner. They move around to not be negated. Hakeem wouldn’t stick on say....PJ Tucker in the corner. And with the(half ass) zones now allowed he’d be able to roam even more. He moved his feet well enough. Hakeem could be a solid switch on most people over 6”4”” or so and handle himself for a moment on the small guards too.

TheCorporation
08-29-2020, 05:13 PM
LeBron at only 5 dollars is an absolute bargain :bowdown:

Should've been $6 tbh, but life goes on

JohnMax
08-29-2020, 05:52 PM
Curry
Jordan
Giannis
Durant
Shaq

I value shooting and defense

goozeman
08-29-2020, 06:03 PM
MJ -SG
Duncan - C
Barkley - PF
Durant - SF
Curry - PG

Surround the greatest iso scorer of all-time with four of the most efficient players ever. Pretty much an unstoppable starting five on offense, but excellent defensively as well with Duncan and Jordan anchoring the defense. Off the charts offensive basketball IQ at all five positions. Nothing is stopping this team.

TheCorporation
08-29-2020, 06:20 PM
Curry
Jordan
Giannis
Durant
Shaq

I value shooting and defense

Trolling? How do you value shooting with 3 guys that can't shoot (Shaq, MJ, Giannis)

Carbine
08-29-2020, 07:18 PM
If it were that easy you would just put the man any great defender guards in the corner. They move around to not be negated. Hakeem wouldn’t stick on say....PJ Tucker in the corner. And with the(half ass) zones now allowed he’d be able to roam even more. He moved his feet well enough. Hakeem could be a solid switch on most people over 6”4”” or so and handle himself for a moment on the small guards too.

Look at these teams.... You could have a Giannis, Durant, Bird, Curry and Harden team on offense.

Harden/Giannis pick and roll with Steph and Bird coming off screens?

Hakeem would probably take Giannis, to counter their best pick and roll duo because Hakeem could switch off on Harden and do OK I think.

But now you have Curry switching off on Giannis..... That's a matchup that will be exploited all the time.

You can basically choose the defender you go against these days. Scan the floor and set a pick, you've even said that.

I could involve Dirk and Curry all day long in picks and go to work. That was the Cavs entire gamelan for stretches and it worked just fine, Curry was getting stuck on LeBron or Kyrie a bunch. Even though he was surrounded by as much defensive talent as you could imagine in today's NBA with Dray, Iggy and Klay.

With offensive skill level as high as it is in these hypothetical teams, you're going to be in a position of picking your poison a lot of times because you're either helping off a shooter to stop penetration or staying home and letting a Harden or Durant go to work on a weak defender like Steph or Dirk.

Makes me think the All-Defensive team would be the way to go. A team with Kobe, MJ, KG, Durant and Giannis would find a way to score buckets, but no team is looking at any of them and saying I CHOOSE YOU to go at, or involve them in plays to exploit them.

FKAri
08-29-2020, 09:04 PM
Curry
MJ
KD
KG
Duncan

Though I'd want to replace Curry with a 3D guy.

tontoz
08-29-2020, 09:15 PM
MJ is my favorite player ever but i would actually leave him off my team because pretty much any team would have plenty of scoring. I would rather have some guys who have shown they can play effectively off the ball.

Lebron
Kareem
KD
Nash
Harden

Harden dominates the ball now but he has shown he can be effective off the ball in OKC. I think his ideal usage would be in between what he does now and what he did then. At only $1 i think he is the best value on the list.

Giannis is a great value as well but it is harder to fit him into a team because he has to dominate the ball to be effective. You really need to pair him with a center who can shoot 3s but i don't see any of them on the list.

I think Kareem would be great in this era. It would be harder to double him with today's spacing. He could also do well defensively on switches. He was more athletic than people realize today.

Lebron is Lebron. I don't think he would have any problem sacrificing shots to the other guys and that mindset is key with so much firepower on the roster. I like Nash for the same reason. He is an elite shooter but a pass first guy.

KD is one of the best scorers ever but has shown he is willing to sacrifice shots to win.

The list itself obviously isn't well thought out. How are Rose/WB/Iverson on the list but no Chris Paul? I think DRob should be on there too. He would be great in a scenario like this. I also think Ray Allen and Reggie would be great fits because of their ability to play off the ball.

Doranku
08-29-2020, 09:27 PM
Steph
Jordan
KD
Giannis
Hakeem

Carbine
08-29-2020, 10:10 PM
MJ is my favorite player ever but i would actually leave him off my team because pretty much any team would have plenty of scoring. I would rather have some guys who have shown they can play effectively off the ball.

Lebron
Kareem
KD
Nash
Harden

Harden dominates the ball now but he has shown he can be effective off the ball in OKC. I think his ideal usage would be in between what he does now and what he did then. At only $1 i think he is the best value on the list.

Giannis is a great value as well but it is harder to fit him into a team because he has to dominate the ball to be effective. You really need to pair him with a center who can shoot 3s but i don't see any of them on the list.

I think Kareem would be great in this era. It would be harder to double him with today's spacing. He could also do well defensively on switches. He was more athletic than people realize today.

Lebron is Lebron. I don't think he would have any problem sacrificing shots to the other guys and that mindset is key with so much firepower on the roster. I like Nash for the same reason. He is an elite shooter but a pass first guy.

KD is one of the best scorers ever but has shown he is willing to sacrifice shots to win.

The list itself obviously isn't well thought out. How are Rose/WB/Iverson on the list but no Chris Paul? I think DRob should be on there too. He would be great in a scenario like this. I also think Ray Allen and Reggie would be great fits because of their ability to play off the ball.

Jordan is phenomenal off the ball.

Phoenix
08-30-2020, 02:16 AM

Chris Paul
Jason Kidd
Kawhi Leonard
David Robinson
John Stockton
Scottie Pippen
Gary Payton
Pat Ewing
Reggie Miller
Bill Walton
Kevin McHale
James Worthy
Manu Ginobili
Mark Price

and many many more that were so much better at basketball.

Maybe they put them on the list just to throw in some new guys? I dont know but that is incredulous.

It's an MVP list. The only two players on your list that qualify are Robinson and Walton ( and the Admiral should have been included at the very least). Your point is taken though.

red1
08-30-2020, 02:33 AM

if you have to take one player from every tier then it's usually going to be one of:

jordan/lebron
shaq/kobe
duncan/curry
kd
dirk/giannis

my biased take at the GOAT team possible here:

duncan
dirk
kd
kobe
lebron

GOAT skilled yet still defensive team :bowdown:

hold this L
08-30-2020, 02:42 AM
You get Shaq, Chef, and MJ and it's over. You have gravity at the rim, gravity at the 3, and MJ in the middle.

KD and Giannis for more defense, length and power.

Another option is go with Bron over MJ. Either way these teams would be stupid good.

Reggie43
08-30-2020, 03:41 AM
Did you purposely try to make the worst possible combo? :lol

No KG, LBJ, Shaq, Curry, or Hakeem?

Instead of Shaq/Hakeem I take Duncan. Instead of KG I have Giannis. Instead of Curry I have Larry Legend.

Dont get triggered just because I dont have the guy you're obsessed with in my lineup :oldlol:

bison
08-30-2020, 03:57 AM
The thing that pisses me off about this photo is how they are using a few certain players in different jerseys than the one they won MVP with. Kinda ****s with the decision making. Like who is gonna pick pistons rose ?