PDA

View Full Version : Mavs haven’t won a playoff series since 2011

ninephive
08-31-2020, 08:39 AM
Feel bad for them now. Maybe next year Luka can carry them to a first round win.

Axe
08-31-2020, 08:40 AM
Op in the thread below is being oa because he didn't want to see the clippers advance at all

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?483779-The-Mavs-lost-this-game-because-they-were-missing-Porzingis

Manny98
08-31-2020, 09:43 AM
LeCurse

talkingconch
08-31-2020, 05:06 PM
LeCurse

thats mark cubans fault. poor decisions post-2011

HBK_Kliq_2
08-31-2020, 05:16 PM
https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/DAL/2020/lineups/

Look at mavs net lineups hahaha they are embarrassing wow. I don't give a shit what the media says, clippers destroyed the mavs. Take them to 6 who gives a damn when durant warriors were taken to 6 last year in 1st round. Mavs got raped the entire series.

Luka/Curry/hardaway/Kleber 4 man lineup was -64.4 hahhaha

Luka/Finney/Hardaway/Kleber 4 man lineup was -25.1 hahahha

9 different 4 man net lineups all negative and 7 of them had luka in it.

The only positive lineup was without Luka.

Damn Kawhi owned luka.

HylianNightmare
08-31-2020, 06:51 PM
2011 is worth like 30-40 years of mediocrity. Took one off the supposed goat after he had to stack the deck

BigtimeNBAFan
08-31-2020, 07:56 PM
It goes to show you what a championship is worth. Don't get me wrong, I think Rick Carlisle is a good coach and I wouldn't fire him, but with how often coaches are fired it is pretty amazing to survive 9 straight years of not making it out of the first round.

DMAVS41
08-31-2020, 08:46 PM
It goes to show you what a championship is worth. Don't get me wrong, I think Rick Carlisle is a good coach and I wouldn't fire him, but with how often coaches are fired it is pretty amazing to survive 9 straight years of not making it out of the first round.

Because Cuban knows he hasn't been the problem. There is real pressure now though with Luka. He won't survive if the Mavericks don't start winning playoff series...fair or not.

Cuban also needs to figure out a way to build a team. He struggled doing that with Dirk...we'll see if he can give Luka real championship level help.

Doomsday Dallas
08-31-2020, 08:51 PM
Feel bad for them now. Maybe next year Luka can carry them to a first round win.

No need to feel bad for us when we have the most glorious Championship ring of all time. I mean sure, you guys beat the Miami Heat in the Finals too, but what people will remember most and talk about most from that era is 2011.

Whoah10115
08-31-2020, 10:27 PM
https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/DAL/2020/lineups/

Look at mavs net lineups hahaha they are embarrassing wow. I don't give a shit what the media says, clippers destroyed the mavs. Take them to 6 who gives a damn when durant warriors were taken to 6 last year in 1st round. Mavs got raped the entire series.

Luka/Curry/hardaway/Kleber 4 man lineup was -64.4 hahhaha

Luka/Finney/Hardaway/Kleber 4 man lineup was -25.1 hahahha

9 different 4 man net lineups all negative and 7 of them had luka in it.

The only positive lineup was without Luka.

Damn Kawhi owned luka.

Is there something wrong with you? Anything I can do?

Shooter
08-31-2020, 10:34 PM
No need to feel bad for us when we have the most glorious Championship ring of all time. I mean sure, you guys beat the Miami Heat in the Finals too, but what people will remember most and talk about most from that era is 2011.

Absolutely not :lol

2012, 2013, and 2016 are far more memorable. Good effort though .

ninephive
09-01-2020, 09:01 AM
Haha yah, not only did we beat that same big 3, we had already beat LeBron years before you guys did. And yah, that championship is top 3/4 of the decade:

-2016 (LeBron beats 73-win Warriors)
-2013 (Ray Allen, the shot)
-2014 (The beautiful game, most dominant Finals performance of all time)
-2011 (Dirk’s run, Lebron’s choke)

BigtimeNBAFan
09-01-2020, 01:43 PM
2011 Mavs title might be the most talked about finals, but the Mavs are hardly the topic of conversation The focus is always on Lebron having a bad series, not on the Mavs. I was at a bar in Atlanta during that Finals and the whole place was full of people cheering for the Mavs to beat the Heat. After one of the Mavs wins the place was absolutely nuts, but none of it was about the Mavs winning. It was all in celebration that the Heat lost.

When the Spurs won in 2014 it was different. It was Duncan got 5 titles, the Spurs play great teamball, Kawhi is an emerging superstar, etc. . . Sure there was talk about the Heat failing to 3peat, Lebron probably leaving, but the Spurs were given far more credit than the Mavs of a few years earlier.

Dbrog
09-01-2020, 01:54 PM
thats mark cubans fault. poor decisions post-2011

Yup. Letting Chandler go was the end of em + cursed