PDA

View Full Version : Luka is bigger physically at 21 than lebron.. he's massive and will be the top player

3ball
09-01-2020, 03:29 AM
If he isn't bigger than young lebron, he's about the same size.. He'll be a giant by the time he's 25 and fills out..

too bad he lacks post game and mid-range pull-up game, otherwise he'd have a shot at top 10 all-time, or even top 5

But a threes and layups skillset will NOT win many rings or have organic juggernaut teams... And obviously, this skillset (threes/layups) doesn't work in other eras that lack spacing and open paints.. Doncic < Chambers in 80's... A souped-up Ehlo with handle

SATAN
09-01-2020, 03:37 AM
:roll:

:facepalm

Axe
09-01-2020, 03:42 AM
He will end up being better than baldan.

Dude made his playoff debut just this year and already won two games with his team seeded at seventh.

Ghost1
09-01-2020, 03:42 AM
If he isn't bigger than young lebron, he's about the same size.. He'll be a giant by the time he's 25 and fills out..

too bad he lacks post game and mid-range pull-up game, otherwise he'd have a shot at top 10 all-time, or even top 5

But a threes and layups skillset will NOT win many rings or have organic juggernaut teams... And obviously, this skillset (threes/layups) doesn't work in other eras that lack spacing and open paints.. Doncic < Chambers in 80's... A souped-up Ehlo with handle

pretty sure he'll work on that soon

3ball
09-01-2020, 04:11 AM
pretty sure he'll work on that soon

Remember how lebron's game ticked up a notch when he learned to be a gun (shoot high volume),' and his high volume included a fair amount of bully- ball... Doncic will be a big problem when he starts bullying guys, let alone get an actual post game... And Doncic is a better shooter than lebron - so he should have a good turnaround jumper

I recently saw his highlights and what amazed me was how guys were bouncing off him on drives.. he has great size and strength for his age... Kevin love strength with a handle...

and his handle is one of the best/most effective I've seen.. it took me a while to see how he was getting by guys and consistently getting layups - but it's his handle (a unique style of freezing defenders by continually feinting various blow-by moves) and size/strength.. that's a big boy.. we call em' cornfed white boys

SATAN
09-01-2020, 04:45 AM
Nevermind

julizaver
09-01-2020, 08:25 AM
Remember how lebron's game ticked up a notch when he learned to be a gun (shoot high volume),' and his high volume included a fair amount of bully- ball... Doncic will be a big problem when he starts bullying guys, let alone get an actual post game... And Doncic is a better shooter than lebron - so he should have a good turnaround jumper

I recently saw his highlights and what amazed me was how guys were bouncing off him on drives.. he has great size and strength for his age... Kevin love strength with a handle...

and his handle is one of the best/most effective I've seen.. it took me a while to see how he was getting by guys and consistently getting layups - but it's his handle (a unique style of freezing defenders by continually feinting various blow-by moves) and size/strength.. that's a big boy.. we call em' cornfed white boys

Luka had a core strength - it is not about been very toned and ripped. The way he moves body on the drive shows it. And also few months ago Mavs were posting some pictures of Luka doing dead lift. But I prefer him to stay fit and even cut some 10 pounds, by having more clean body. His style is about deceleration and changing of direction. If he bulks it will put a lot of pressure on his ankles and he had already history of ankle injuries. And I think he is already very good at the post. Luka obviously (for me) will not goes down in history as a greatest shooter, but working on his 3 point shooting, he could achieve something in between 34-35 % - taking into account that most of his 3 points are tough shots and not an open looks. Also he is not going to be 65 % free throw shooter in the post-season for the rest of his career and he will improve in that area. I

Spurs m8
09-01-2020, 09:03 AM
I dunno....he seems to have more integrity and looks like he values his hair....

We all saw how Brons hair turned out by abusing steroids year after year.

I also wouldn't trust the racist league would sweep PED cheating under the rug in his case.

He's more skilled, higher iq, has killer instinct and clutch gene...he doesn't need to take the easy way out

ralph_i_el
09-01-2020, 09:16 AM
Bron didn't win a ring until he figured out midrange and post play. He destroyed the Celtics in 2012 out of the mid post.

r0drig0lac
09-01-2020, 09:26 AM
no way

FromDowntown
09-01-2020, 09:31 AM
Fraudon = 1-9
Luka = 2-4

Already better than MJ

PP34Deuce
09-01-2020, 10:59 AM
Luka has the right amount of weight. He's not ever going to be defined like Iggy or Bron.

starface
09-01-2020, 11:59 AM
Luka is a good two inches shorter than Bron and has a shorter wingspan. They both have big d1cks but Bron is still the MHSP.

(Most Hung Since Pippen).

So I dont see how Luka is "bigger physically."

Roundball_Rock
09-01-2020, 12:11 PM
Doncic < Chambers in 80's... A souped-up Ehlo with handle

:facepalm

goozeman
09-01-2020, 01:03 PM
Lebron's greatest attribute is his ability to play at that size AND stay healthy. It's basically a minor miracle that he has never had a major injury carrying around all that weight.

Vino24
09-01-2020, 01:08 PM
Luka is MJ with a 3pt shot

BigKobeFan
09-01-2020, 01:09 PM
The NBA cannot afford to have a white guy be the face of the league.

HBK_Kliq_2
09-01-2020, 01:26 PM
3's and layups will not get it done because his lack of athleticism. Rim protectors will eat him alive his entire career. Zubac was killing Luka all series, mavs had a 103 offensive rating with Zubac on court. Luka is going to have to get a more polished midrange game or he'll end up with a playoff career like Harden.

Teams with no rim protectors will get shit on by Luka though. Like if Luka played Rockets this year, he would of eliminated them and killed them. So it goes both ways I guess.

red1
09-01-2020, 04:52 PM
OP used to prop up curry too until curry started doing well for himself and the insecurity kicked in for OP.

expect 3ball to start trashing luka the moment he wins his first mvp or his first ring.

3ball
09-01-2020, 05:26 PM
http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/7-30-2015/jkrR_v.gif

OP used to prop up curry too until curry started doing well for himself and the insecurity kicked in for OP.

expect 3ball to start trashing luka the moment he wins his first mvp or his first ring.

i actually don't like his game

the only great thing about it is his live dribble.. extreme effectiveness and I will be copying his feinting of blow-by moves.. I only copy the best.

but Luka's live dribble game gets magnified today because of the spacing that leaves the middle wide open...

like seriously, what is luka going to do against the packed paints of the 80's when dribble-penetration wasn't physically possible because too many bodies in there?? (see gif above)

Midrange and post is the only answer to the packed paints - rise up and shoot highly contested jumpers over the packed paints - this was necessary to be a great scorer back then.. so Luka would be lost.. Chambers would be equal or superior... Vandeweghe would destroy him.. these guys were experts at making shots in traffic ON defenders, as required by the no-spacing environments.

It's my belief that the top scoring skill is the turnaround jumper and pull-up jumper off a hard-dribble.. So think of MJ's shot over Ehlo - he went hard one direction - then he pulled up, hang-time, release - it sounds simple, but many guys are horrific at this skill - think of Giannis or Zion... the guys that have the pull-up, hang, and shoot ability are Kawhi, KD, Kobe - the goat scorers... and MJ of course... Luka, Giannis and even Lebron lack this skillset, so they will be forever behind those that have it

tpols
09-01-2020, 05:32 PM
Luka's brilliance has nothing to do with his size. 6'7 230? That's average small forward dimensions. He's 21. Lebron was 245 all muscle at 18, and clearly... clearly far more explosive. He could just blow by or truck anybody without much trickery involved.

Luka OTOH has a brilliant cadence to his game. He basically uses a plethora of hesitation moves and elite footwork to position himself in a way that either allows him to thread a brilliant pass, or knock a defenders rhythm off tilt and get an easy bucket. Harden has the same ability but without the alpha leadership and steel crunchtime composure.

red1
09-01-2020, 05:33 PM
http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/7-30-2015/jkrR_v.gif

i actually don't like his game

the only great thing about it is his live dribble.. extreme effectiveness and I will be copying his feinting of blow-by moves.. I only copy the best.

but Luka's live dribble game gets magnified today because of the spacing that leaves the middle wide open...

like seriously, what is luka going to do against the packed paints of the 80's when dribble-penetration wasn't physically possible because too many bodies in there?? (see gif above)

Midrange and post is the only answer to the packed paints - rise up and shoot highly contested jumpers over the packed paints - this was necessary to be a great scorer back then.. so Luka would be lost.. Chambers would be equal or superior... Vandeweghe would destroy him.. these are guys that were experts at making shots in traffic ON defenders, as required by the no-spacing environments.

well yeah that's kind of a no brainer. the NBA did everything they could to cater to perimeter players. players dont even practice the midrange the way they used to.

tom chambers would be equal or superior to luka - that's another one :roll:

3ball
09-01-2020, 05:51 PM
Luka's brilliance has nothing to do with his size. 6'7 230? That's average small forward dimensions. He's 21. Lebron was 245 all muscle at 18, and clearly... clearly far more explosive. He could just blow by or truck anybody without much trickery involved.

Luka OTOH has a brilliant cadence to his game. He basically uses a plethora of hesitation moves and elite footwork to position himself in a way that either allows him to thread a brilliant pass, or knock a defenders rhythm off tilt and get an easy bucket. Harden has the same ability but without the alpha leadership and steel crunchtime composure.

average-sized small forward but premium for a ballhandler or PG.. and Luka is bulkier than young Lebron - that has an effect, more so than muscle.. Luka is an elite threat going to the hole like Lebron, but with a fraction of the athleticism, so that bulk matters.

and your analysis of his skills shows that you've watched him a lot more than me.

3ball
09-01-2020, 06:03 PM
well yeah that's kind of a no brainer. the NBA did everything they could to cater to perimeter players. players dont even practice the midrange the way they used to.

tom chambers would be equal or superior to luka - that's another one :roll:

In today's wide open spacing, Luka is clearly better than Chambers.

But in the no-spacing gif that I showed earlier - Chambers can match or exceed him

you think Luka will be waltzing down the lane in that gif like he does now?... Not a chance.. Pure scoring ability required, aka Chambers

red1
09-01-2020, 06:12 PM
In today's wide open spacing, Luka is clearly better than Chambers.

But in the no-spacing gif that I showed earlier - Chambers can match or exceed him

you think Luka will be waltzing down the lane in that gif like he does now?... Not a chance.. Pure scoring ability required, aka Chambers
ok then that is more reasonable

I'm saying he's a high skill player - if he can learn to make step back threes then he can probably learn how to shoot a midrange shot.

you cant really judge him for something that isnt a big part of his game when he's better off trying to get to the rim and finish. which he can do pretty consistently.

CTbasketball92
09-01-2020, 10:42 PM

Yeah I was saying the other day that once/if Luka becomes a killer midrange jumper and some post moves he'll be completely unstoppable.

I think Luka is really also a much better athlete than people give him credit for. He's no freak, but he definitely has an above average combination of speed/quickness/strength and body control. He's got great spacing sure, but Kawhi and PG pretty much could do nothing to keep him from penetrating. His handle is tops in the league for guys that are 6'6" or over. He reminds me of Kyrie with his handle and his ability to erase the space in front of him and deliver multiple combo moves and surprise shots from unexpected places.

Really, the league doesn't have long. I think they need to get another efficient 21-22 ppg scorer to make up for Porzingis' lack of durability. That guy can be injured at any time and he always struggles with health, even after the four-month break. He looks like a potential top 20 player but needs to be healthy. Something about his build won't let it. They need to get a top 30ish guy to be that auxillary 2nd/3rd option and if they're all healthy they can win a chip in the next several years.

FromDowntown
09-02-2020, 12:36 AM
Luka is MJ with a 3pt shot

100%

90sgoat
09-02-2020, 09:07 AM
Luka should talk to Dirk and learn the one leg fadeaway.

Vino24
09-02-2020, 10:33 AM
Luka should talk to Dirk and learn the one leg fadeaway.

Luka is already averaging more ppg than dirk ever did

Marchesk
09-02-2020, 10:53 AM
The NBA cannot afford to have a white guy be the face of the league.

https://shoeuntied.files.wordpress.com/2017/05/stephen-a-smith-womens-world-cup-comments.jpg

HBK_Kliq_2
09-02-2020, 02:10 PM
Tatum is the same age and actually plays defense, way better overall player. But gets like 1/10th of the hype.

Whoah10115
09-02-2020, 02:23 PM
Tatum is the same age and actually plays defense, way better overall player. But gets like 1/10th of the hype.

Uh huh.

PP34Deuce
09-02-2020, 03:50 PM
The NBA is never going to let a non american born player the face of the league. Got nothing to do with Lukas being white, he's european born. Giannis was hype 2 years ago and because he's born outside US, they won't let him become the face.

They are really banking on Zion to be that face of the league.

Ghost1
09-02-2020, 03:56 PM
The NBA is never going to let a non american born player the face of the league. Got nothing to do with Lukas being white, he's european born. Giannis was hype 2 years ago and because he's born outside US, they won't let him become the face.

the most overrated player off all time. I'll post nudes if he ever becomes the face of the nba :oldlol:

starface
09-02-2020, 04:12 PM

Da fuq is you talkin bout?

You become "the face" with either a highly aesthetic game or accomplishments in the playoffs.

Giannis has neither so far.

Has nothing to do with a league conspiracy against foreigners :kobe:

light
09-02-2020, 06:13 PM
Older Luka though will have some problems, because he's already just barely athletic enough to do what he's doing.

I have a feeling he'll age fast once he's past 30.

He cant afford to lose a step.

AirBonner
09-02-2020, 06:59 PM
Older Luka though will have some problems, because he's already just barely athletic enough to do what he's doing.

I have a feeling he'll age fast once he's past 30.

He cant afford to lose a step.

He’s crafty he’ll be fine. He has tha Paul Pierce body and footwork