PDA

View Full Version : Steve Kerr on KD being the most talented player he ever saw.

Kblaze8855
09-01-2020, 10:06 AM
“I would say Kevin is ... when you factor in everything, size, speed, athleticism, I think he’s the most talented basketball player I’ve ever seen in my life,” Kerr said.

“He was very coachable. He was a sponge, especially the first year, he wanted to learn a new style,” he said. “I think he really enjoyed playing the way we played, and he was really easy to coach. When a star makes it easy, for a coach to do his job, he just allows everything to click. And so, that first year, I think one of the reasons we were so dominant was because we had that dynamic across the board between Steph, Klay, Draymond, Kevin, we had it all lined up and everybody was on board and clicking, and it was a smooth ride.”

AlternativeAcc.
09-01-2020, 10:11 AM
Jordan and Wardell stans in shambles

LosScandalous
09-01-2020, 10:13 AM
Healthy kd best player in the league

goozeman
09-01-2020, 10:15 AM
It's really a no-brainer that Durant is more talented than Lebron. Look at the head-to-head on the biggest stage, the Finals. Total domination. But more talented than Jordan? Kerr must be still mad about the ass-whipping Jordan put on him in practice. Good move by Jordan. It made Kerr the man he is today.

r0drig0lac
09-01-2020, 10:19 AM
he has the right to a (wrong) opinion, whatever, Luke also made a “smooth ride” training this team.

warriorfan
09-01-2020, 10:20 AM
He’s an athletic and very coordinated 7 footer that can score from anywhere on the floor. From a talent standpoint it doesn’t get much better than that.

Shogon
09-01-2020, 10:38 AM
Ok? Durant should have been the GOAT. Woulda, coulda, shoulda.

Talent is nothing without the proportionate amount of work ethic.

If Durant was a less emotionally stable individual, maybe he would have psychotic work ethic, and maybe he would be the GOAT. But he doesn't have it and he's not the GOAT and he never will be.

By the way, I have a hard time believing that Durant is more talented than Shaq... and I have a hard time believing that, because... he's not. Shaq is the most talented individual in league history, all things considered. What does that matter? Not much. Only results do.

Add 100 lbs to Durant's frame and would he be as effective as Shaq? :oldlol:

Shaq is the GOAT talent. GOAT talent doesn't get you to be the GOAT. So it's somewhat irrelevant.

Whoah10115
09-01-2020, 10:43 AM
Ok? Durant should have been the GOAT. Woulda, coulda, shoulda.

Talent is nothing without the proportionate amount of work ethic.

If Durant was a less emotionally stable individual, maybe he would have psychotic work ethic, and maybe he would be the GOAT. But he doesn't have it and he's not the GOAT and he never will be.

By the way, I have a hard time believing that Durant is more talented than Shaq... and I have a hard time believing that, because... he's not. Shaq is the most talented individual in league history, all things considered. What does that matter? Not much. Only results do.

Add 100 lbs to Durant's frame and would he be as effective as Shaq? :oldlol:

Shaq is the GOAT talent. GOAT talent doesn't get you to be the GOAT. So it's somewhat irrelevant.

Shut the **** up.

CelticGangster
09-01-2020, 10:46 AM
He’s an athletic and very coordinated 7 footer that can score from anywhere on the floor. From a talent standpoint it doesn’t get much better than that.

what about hitting wide open 3s?
ardeLL won 2 mvps that way

Shogon
09-01-2020, 10:54 AM
Shut the **** up.

https://ih1.redbubble.net/image.1109354220.5893/flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u1.jpg

HBK_Kliq_2
09-01-2020, 01:06 PM
Yeah I don't think anybody ever argued against that for KD. Its the mental midget mentality that people criticize.

hold this L
09-01-2020, 01:08 PM
He may be right, definitely top 5 most talented all time. But it's not just about talent.

Clifton
09-01-2020, 01:58 PM
I don't get the "pound for pound," "when you factor in size and athleticism," "People say Lebron's not the GOAT, but here's this 6'9 guy, 245lb..." stuff.

When the only question that matters is, Does this person play basketball better than the other person? Does X have more ability at playing basketball, and does he, at the end of the day, actually perform at playing basketball on a regular basis and in important moments, than Y?

In comparing KD and Jordan, the answer to both questions is no. "But what you don't realize is, here's this guy, 7 feet tall, and he can shoot from 25 feet, and he can move and handle like that..."

Whatever. Does he have more ability at playing basketball than Jordan? No. Did he perform better than Jordan? No. so, not more talented, and not greater.

It's like those arguments about Garnett in the mid-00s. He can do 10 things really well, nobody else can do more than 5 things really well. Ok. Is he a better basketball player than Duncan or Shaq? No. So it doesn't ultimately matter if he can do more things. Basketball is about doing one thing, putting the ball in the hoop more than the other team.

Shogon
09-01-2020, 02:02 PM
I don't get the "pound for pound," "when you factor in size and athleticism," "People say Lebron's not the GOAT, but here's this 6'9 guy, 245lb..." stuff.

When the only question that matters is, Does this person play basketball better than the other person? Does X have more ability at playing basketball, and does he, at the end of the day, actually perform at playing basketball on a regular basis and in important moments, than Y?

In comparing KD and Jordan, the answer to both questions is no. "But what you don't realize is, here's this guy, 7 feet tall, and he can shoot from 25 feet, and he can move and handle like that..."

Whatever. Does he have more ability at playing basketball than Jordan? No. Did he perform better than Jordan? No. so, not more talented, and not greater.

It's like those arguments about Garnett in the mid-00s. He can do 10 things really well, nobody else can do more than 5 things really well. Ok. Is he a better basketball player than Duncan or Shaq? No. So it doesn't ultimately matter if he can do more things. Basketball is about doing one thing, putting the ball in the hoop more than the other team.

You don't understand the argument because you are a tiny person.

Further than that, open your eyes... how many people have moved like Shaq carrying that amount of weight? 0? Yeah.

A huge part of what makes Durant so special is his ability to move like he does... at his height.

It's very rare. In fact, has anyone moved like Durant at his height? I would guess not.

Athleticism and coordination typically decrease rather significantly as your height and weight go up significantly. It's a big part of what makes guys like Shaq, Durant, Wilt, LeBron, etc so special.

Shogon
09-01-2020, 02:09 PM
Even further, and more specifically, the thread and the quote are about talent level. Steve Kerr isn't saying that Durant is the best basketball player that ever lived.

Talent, skills and determination are all separate things, buddy. So yes, it's an interesting topic of discussion. And no, Durant is not the most talented player ever. It's Shaq.

tpols
09-01-2020, 02:32 PM
You don't understand the argument because you are a tiny person.

Further than that, open your eyes... how many people have moved like Shaq carrying that amount of weight? 0? Yeah.

A huge part of what makes Durant so special is his ability to move like he does... at his height.

It's very rare. In fact, has anyone moved like Durant at his height? I would guess not.

Athleticism and coordination typically decrease rather significantly as your height and weight go up significantly. It's a big part of what makes guys like Shaq, Durant, Wilt, LeBron, etc so special.

What makes Durant so great is not just his ability to move well at that height, but his ability to shoot well. How many 7 footers were damn near 50/40/90 types?

Dirk, Durant, and who else? Nobody.

And Shaq couldn't shoot worth a lick.

Bronbron23
09-01-2020, 03:10 PM

Would that not include bro too?

tontoz
09-01-2020, 03:18 PM
I dont buy the athleticism part. Relative to other guys his height he is weak and relatively slow. Weak hops also.

Long with great skills but i dont see him as the most talented ever by a long shot.

Real Men Wear Green
09-01-2020, 03:36 PM
He could guard any wing that's ever played and would light up any team that didn't double him. He has an elite SG skill set superimposed on a 7 ft frame. Not much argument can be made that he isn't one of the greatest talents the game's ever seen.

Shogon
09-01-2020, 03:39 PM
What makes Durant so great is not just his ability to move well at that height, but his ability to shoot well. How many 7 footers were damn near 50/40/90 types?

Ok, so I want you to view this question this way...

It's widely accepted that MJ or Bill Russell probably had the most determination to win in league history, no?

So take those guys' approach to the game and doing what it took to win, be that on or off the court... put that in Shaq and Durant. Which player is better? The only thing separating them would be talent.

Shaq wins.

tontoz
09-01-2020, 03:47 PM
He could guard any wing that's ever played and would light up any team that didn't double him. He has an elite SG skill set superimposed on a 7 ft frame. Not much argument can be made that he isn't one of the greatest talents the game's ever seen.

Talent and skill are not the same things. KD was born with length but his skills are developed. Granted you need coordination to be able to handle the ball and shoot but i think some people are discounting the amount of work he has don't in those areas.

He is weak physically, maybe the weakest player in the league for his height. He couldn't bench 185 pounds once at the combine which i can't remember seeing before. His hops are weak (33.5" vertical) for someone so light. His sprint time of 3.45 is the same as Jared Dudley. Athletically he is well below average across the board.

https://stats.nba.com/draft/combine-strength-agility/?SeasonYear=2007-08&sort=THREE_QUARTER_SPRINT&dir=-1

bullettooth
09-01-2020, 04:24 PM

By that extension, you as well.

Only low IQ idiots are fans of LeBron.

rawimpact
09-01-2020, 04:41 PM
I think he is/was the greatest talent in the NBA or atleast it's debatable.

He is NOT the best player ever in the NBA -- that is not debatable

bizil
09-02-2020, 04:32 PM
SKILL AND DOMINANCE are two different things. In terms of scoring skillset, YES KD is the best ever. The fact he's a 6'11-7'0 50-40-90 sharpshooter with that type of midrange game, handles, and athletic ability give him the edge.

But if we are talking the most skilled in terms of scoring skillset, handles, passing, and defense as a package, it comes down to MJ and Mamba. KD doesn't have the defense and passing ability of those two. BUT KD would still rank very high combing all those facets. But the fact that KD is actually a bonafide SHARPSHOOTER in addition to his other scoring assets give him the edge SCORING SKILL WISE!

Dominance and impact is what dictates who the best player. So for me that's MJ hands down among the perimeter guys. When u factor positional versatility on both sides of the court and numbers as a package, then Bron is the all around king. Even though Giannis is coming!

!@#$%Vectors!@#
09-02-2020, 05:20 PM
Amazing how Steph with much less Talent is the better player :banana:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/IdolizedNeatErmine-size_restricted.gif

bizil
09-02-2020, 06:20 PM

BINGO!!! The fact KD is an all time great SHARPSHOOTER at 7'0 in addition to his handles, midrange game, and athletic ability sets him apart. I'm not saying KD is a freakish athlete. BUT he's a very good athlete. Not just average or good athletically. BUT very good in the Ray Allen type of vein. He just happens to be a 7 footer. KD and Dirk at the ONLY TWO 7 footers in the 50-40-90 club. And on top of it both are great scorers in general always getting 25+PPG in seasons. And his handles are the best ever among the 7 footers. I also think his positional versatility is underrated by many too. After the freaks like Giannis, KG, and AD, he's AS POSITIONLESS a 6'10 and up player as anybody two way wise!

highwhey
09-02-2020, 06:50 PM
https://ih1.redbubble.net/image.1109354220.5893/flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u1.jpg

:roll:

Axe
09-02-2020, 07:40 PM
I think he is/was the greatest talent in the NBA or atleast it's debatable.

He is NOT the best player ever in the NBA -- that is not debatable
Yeah, he's not the best. He was great during his okc days.

warriorfan
09-02-2020, 08:10 PM
Amazing how Steph with much less Talent is the better player :banana:

Oh shit.

Dope reference/gif bro

Real Men Wear Green
09-02-2020, 08:30 PM
Talent and skill are not the same things. KD was born with length but his skills are developed. Granted you need coordination to be able to handle the ball and shoot but i think some people are discounting the amount of work he has don't in those areas.

He is weak physically, maybe the weakest player in the league for his height. He couldn't bench 185 pounds once at the combine which i can't remember seeing before. His hops are weak (33.5" vertical) for someone so light. His sprint time of 3.45 is the same as Jared Dudley. Athletically he is well below average across the board.

https://stats.nba.com/draft/combine-strength-agility/?SeasonYear=2007-08&sort=THREE_QUARTER_SPRINT&dir=-1

How many wing players use their bench press upper body strength advantage to score on or stop Durant? It's completely irrelevant in the face of his overwhelming length. His coordination is far more important and his elite level of coordination in a player that tal and with that wingspan are what makes him a special talent. If running and jumping were as important guys like Kedrick Brown would become All-Stars. Athleticism is important of course and Durant is actually fine in that regard with speed and quickness but it's the coordination that sets him apart.

Drygon
09-03-2020, 12:21 AM
Healthy kd best player in the league

KD was never close being best player in NBA like Kawhi or LeBron.