PDA

View Full Version : Jazz blew a 3-1 lead...

StrongLurk
09-01-2020, 10:55 PM
Ouch. Crazy finish tho.

Smoke117
09-01-2020, 10:56 PM
It was embarrassing for the Nuggets to fall down 1-3 in the first place. They are clearly a better team.

Xiao Yao You
09-01-2020, 11:03 PM
It was embarrassing for the Nuggets to fall down 1-3 in the first place. They are clearly a better team.

wasn't really that clear actually

Smoke117
09-01-2020, 11:13 PM
wasn't really that clear actually

It would have clearly been in a REAL playoff situation. Your boy Mitchell had it easy basically playing pick up games in the bubble. He'd have shrunk just like he did last season in a real playoff situation where he had to go Denver and play in front of thousands.

Xiao Yao You
09-01-2020, 11:15 PM
It would have clearly been in a REAL playoff situation. Your boy Mitchell had it easy basically playing pick up games in the bubble. He'd have shrunk just like he did last season in a real playoff situation where he had to go Denver and play in front of thousands.

Maybe. Find out next yer possibly

Whoah10115
09-01-2020, 11:16 PM
Utah have a very good squad. They need to make a couple adjustments, plus Mitchell will continue to improve. Conley still has game, as seen in the bubble, but he needs to be fully acclimated, or move. Sort the PF position.

tpols
09-01-2020, 11:21 PM

The jazz would have presented the clippers with a far better challenge.

tpols
09-01-2020, 11:22 PM

The same argument could be made for murray, who never did shit like this outside the pressure-less bubble.

r0drig0lac
09-01-2020, 11:23 PM
Mitchell would have won at least two titles with Durant, Dray, Klay and Iggy on his team, probably even an FMVP.

Xiao Yao You
09-01-2020, 11:23 PM
Utah have a very good squad. They need to make a couple adjustments, plus Mitchell will continue to improve. Conley still has game, as seen in the bubble, but he needs to be fully acclimated, or move. Sort the PF position.

Need to shop Conley and Bojan. Say good bye to Clarkson. Need a veteran PF to go with their two young guys that don't play. Mitchell to the one. More size and D without giving up too much spacing around Gobert

starface
09-01-2020, 11:24 PM

Clippers Nuggets should still be a pretty interesting series.

Im pissed at Chauvin and Floyd for causin me to have to boycott this shit :lol :mad:

Smoke117
09-01-2020, 11:28 PM

Only way Jazz were ever going to be a real contender soon is if Hayward stayed and never got injured. Nobody is coming to the Jazz.

HBK_Kliq_2
09-01-2020, 11:34 PM

Why do you say that? Big men who can score seem to hurt clippers and Jokic is exactly that, while Gobert is not.

Whoah10115
09-01-2020, 11:38 PM
Need to shop Conley and Bojan. Say good bye to Clarkson. Need a veteran PF to go with their two young guys that don't play. Mitchell to the one. More size and D without giving up too much spacing around Gobert

Mitchell to the one can work but I'd prefer Conley. And I wouldn't shop Bojan either. Not unless I can bring in a piece at the 4 I don't have access to.

Guy is too good a shooter.

Xiao Yao You
09-01-2020, 11:44 PM
Only way Jazz were ever going to be a real contender soon is if Hayward stayed and never got injured. Nobody is coming to the Jazz.

no one is because they have to pay Gobert and Mitchell

Smoke117
09-01-2020, 11:47 PM
no one is because they have to pay Gobert and Mitchell

lol Yeah because everyone is knocking at Utah's door. One of the cleanest cut white boys didn't even want to be there, but a couple of nikkas are? You crazy as hell. You also need to just move on from Gobert. Yes he's been the best player and most important player (even in 2017 when Hayward was great...I freely admitted it then), but you just can't keep him around on a max contract. If Jazz were smart they'd try to trade him for multiple pieces. You only have to look at a team like the Celtics to see a big defensive center isn't important anymore. (Celtics were top 5 in defense while Jazz were 12th this season...so much for big Rudy?) What matters more is versatility and the Celtics have had that all season with Tatum, Brown, Smart, and Hayward...four guys who can pretty much switch onto anyone and still play solid-great defense. Rudy Gobert is the past...it's just the way it is. If you can trade him for like 3 solid to good players you should.

Xiao Yao You
09-01-2020, 11:49 PM
Why do you say that? Big men who can score seem to hurt clippers and Jokic is exactly that, while Gobert is not.

17 a game for Gobert in the series while opening up the perimeter with his pressure on the rim

Xiao Yao You
09-01-2020, 11:51 PM
Mitchell to the one can work but I'd prefer Conley. And I wouldn't shop Bojan either. Not unless I can bring in a piece at the 4 I don't have access to.

Guy is too good a shooter.

the backcourt is too small. They are arguably better without Bojan. He does little but score. Need more size and D and depth as we saw all year long

Xiao Yao You
09-01-2020, 11:53 PM
lol Yeah because everyone is knocking at Utah's door. One of the cleanest cut white boys didn't even want to be there, but a couple of nikkas are? You crazy as hell. You also need to just move on from Gobert. Yes he's been the best player and most important player (even in 2017 when Hayward was great...I freely admitted it then), but you just can't keep him around on a max contract. If Jazz were smart they'd try to trade him for multiple pieces. You only have to look at a team like the Celtics to see a big defensive center isn't important anymore. (Celtics were top 5 in defense while Jazz were 12th this season...so much for big Rudy?) What matters more is versatility and the Celtics have had that all season with Tatum, Brown, Smart, and Hayward...four guys who can pretty much switch onto anyone and still play solid-great defense. Rudy Gobert is the past...it's just the way it is. If you can trade him for like 3 solid to good players you should.

Boston has a great coach. Jazz have a great player. Without him it gets ugly fast as we've seen any time he's missed significant time. Mitchell becimes Devin Booker watching the playoffs at home and counting ping pong balls

Smoke117
09-02-2020, 12:06 AM
Boston has a great coach. Jazz have a great player. Without him it gets ugly fast as we've seen any time he's missed significant time. Mitchell becimes Devin Booker watching the playoffs at home and counting ping pong balls

That's such a weak argument. Anyone who actually watched the Celtics regularly the last two seasons knows he can be an idiot. Celtics are doing so well because of the players, not the coach.

Whoah10115
09-02-2020, 12:34 AM
That's such a weak argument. Anyone who actually watched the Celtics regularly the last two seasons knows he can be an idiot. Celtics are doing so well because of the players, not the coach.

The Celtics have a deep squad and they have holes in their personnel upfront. They aren't the 95-98 Bulls with 4 great defenders switching. So much of that is Brad Stevens. He keeps everyone involved, they buy in,and they play smart. The players are smart but he has to balance them.

As far as trading Gobert, it all depends. 3 good pieces isn't enough in itself. If you aren't fetching a big deal with him, I'd be unlikely to do it.

He could be great with Golden State or Boston, or Dallas. But who's gonna give Utah something useful?

Maybe Portland, as their defense is shocking.

HBK_Kliq_2
09-02-2020, 12:38 AM
17 a game for Gobert in the series while opening up the perimeter with his pressure on the rim

That's cause Jokic can't play defense for shit. Denver also had their best wing defender out all series, a rookie with embarrassing defense Porter Jr was starting for like every Jazz win? Once Harris returned that helped them as well. But that explains why jazz offense was so exaggerated this series until game 7

Xiao Yao You
09-02-2020, 01:31 AM
That's cause Jokic can't play defense for shit. Denver also had their best wing defender out all series, a rookie with embarrassing defense Porter Jr was starting for like every Jazz win? Once Harris returned that helped them as well. But that explains why jazz offense was so exaggerated this series until game 7

they had the best offense in the league this year after they fixed their bench. That is who they are. Sporadic defensively

tpols
09-02-2020, 07:32 AM

jazz have better defense. it should allow paul george to finally maybe get on track. he sucked against utah in years past.

E_Stamkos
09-02-2020, 08:33 AM

Why would you part with Bojan? Defense?

Xiao Yao You
09-02-2020, 12:29 PM
Why would you part with Bojan? Defense?

He does little but score. 3 more years at 19 million. Luxury tax with the cap going down. Need to get better...

jayfan
09-02-2020, 02:20 PM

I have to give your boy credit. He played a hell of a 2nd half last night.