PDA

View Full Version : Richard Jefferson said Giannis is a Pippen.

Lebron23
09-03-2020, 02:39 AM
And he needs his Jordan.

Shooter
09-03-2020, 02:41 AM
:lebronamazed:

highwhey
09-03-2020, 02:43 AM
:roll: kblaze will NOT be happy about this

Penetrator
09-03-2020, 02:45 AM
To be fair, he's right:lol

Lebron23
09-03-2020, 02:46 AM
:lebronamazed:

Richard Jefferson tweeted it.

!@#$%Vectors!@#
09-03-2020, 02:48 AM
Richard Jefferson tweeted it.

Pippin to a certain Light Skin 6'3, baby face #30 wearing man born in Akron with a rotund wife. :banana:

warriorfan
09-03-2020, 02:52 AM
Pippin to a certain Light Skin 6'3, baby face #30 wearing man born in Akron with a rotund wife. :banana:

Chef Mandingo Curry to the rescue.

:djparty:

LoneyROY7
09-03-2020, 03:30 AM

Ayesha isn't round any more.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/05/24/06/28758294-8351903-Sizzling_sensation_Ayesha_Curry_showed_off_her_scu lpted_abs_in_a-m-31_1590299764487.jpg

:dancin

light
09-03-2020, 03:33 AM
And he needs his Jordan.

So he needs to go to the Rockets?

KennyPowers
09-03-2020, 06:17 AM
Richard Jefferson has sex with men

KennyPowers
09-03-2020, 06:17 AM

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/05/24/06/28758294-8351903-Sizzling_sensation_Ayesha_Curry_showed_off_her_scu lpted_abs_in_a-m-31_1590299764487.jpg

Ho has crotch tat

Bronbron23
09-03-2020, 08:02 AM
So he needs to go to the Rockets?

Rockets has a jordan?

Gohan
09-03-2020, 09:55 AM
Curry is the Jordan Giannis needs

Bronbron23
And he needs his Jordan.

Can we at least give him a Pippen first before we talk stupid. Put pip on that squad and they're going to the finals.

Roundball_Rock
Poor, lazy analogy by RJ. More like a Shaq who needs a Kobe. LeBron has Davis, Harden has Westbrook, Kawhi has George, Giannis has Middleton. One of these is not like the others.

Gohan
09-03-2020, 09:56 AM
Poor, lazy analogy by RJ. More like a Shaq who needs a Kobe. LeBron has Davis, Harden has Westbrook, Kawhi has George, Giannis has Middleton. One of these is not like the others.

Lmao at Middleton. Touché brotha touche

Roundball_Rock
09-03-2020, 11:16 AM
:cheers:

r0drig0lac
09-03-2020, 12:09 PM
Scottie Pippen
@ScottiePippen

I’m not Giannis—I don’t have back-to-back league MVPs (he will in a matter of days)—and he’s not me. The question is... who were you as a player?

Marchesk
09-03-2020, 12:16 PM
Curry is the Jordan Giannis deserves, but not the one he needs right now.

tresbigdog
09-03-2020, 12:37 PM
to clarify a few things....

Jefferson started his segment this morning by saying he was in no way a better player than Giannis. What he meant by the Pippen comment was that Giannis needs someone to close out games, much like Shaq had Kobe and LeBron had Kyrie. He wasn't saying Giannis wouldn't be the alpha in any scenario, just that he isn't that dude yet that can close games by hitting clutch shots or free throws. Thats all

imdaman99
09-03-2020, 12:49 PM
Scottie Pippen
@ScottiePippen

I’m not Giannis—I don’t have back-to-back league MVPs (he will in a matter of days)—and he’s not me. The question is... who were you as a player?

Good. I hope Scottie shits on that high pitched btch. Jefferson been shooting off his mouth as if he didn't get carried by Lebron for the chip.

goozeman
09-03-2020, 12:58 PM
Funnily enough, if you look at how Giannis played in FWC where actual physical defense is allowed, the MVP of the NBA put up a very Pippen-like 15/8/3 stat line, and the whole thing was an embarrassment to the NBA. Maybe Jefferson is on to something more than he realizes and the league is just manufacturing offensive stars with the current rules. Pippen never could close out games and had terrible series in the playoffs precisely because defense always get more physical in crunch time and in the postseason.

dazzer87
09-03-2020, 01:00 PM
No way Giannis ain’t no quitter like Pip.

Roundball_Rock
09-03-2020, 01:16 PM
Scottie Pippen
@ScottiePippen

:applause: :lol

ThatCoolKid
09-03-2020, 01:24 PM
Scottie Pippen
@ScottiePippen

Jefferson was the leading scorer for the 2007-08 Carter/Kidd nets. He was no slouch.

PP34Deuce
09-03-2020, 01:56 PM
RJ was a legit very good player in a Andre Iggy way.

Roundball_Rock
09-03-2020, 03:01 PM
RJ made 0 all-star teams, 0 all-NBA teams and he is taking random shots at a consensus top 30 all-time player. He set himself up for the obvious response.

Ghost1
09-03-2020, 03:06 PM
pippen be like

https://media.quotespoke.com/content/00120815/covering_fire9c29c78004.gif

pandiani17
09-03-2020, 03:22 PM
RJ is wrong to judge Giannis' career too early (and season, by the way, because they haven't been eliminated yet). Let him some time to build some play-off legacy, it's not fair to define like that a players' career when he is still in his mid-20s.

ImKobe
09-03-2020, 04:22 PM
No he's not. Giannis is a Shaq. He's a dominant statistical player who thrives off his athletic ability but can't be the closer on a championship squad. He needs a Wade/Kobe to run the offense and take the pressure off him. Pippen was never capable of scoring the way Giannis does it, and Pippen wasn't as good of a defensive player as Giannis either. The only similarities are that both were poor closers & FT shooters under pressure.

fsvr54
09-03-2020, 05:26 PM
No he's not. Giannis is a Shaq. He's a dominant statistical player who thrives off his athletic ability but can't be the closer on a championship squad. He needs a Wade/Kobe to run the offense and take the pressure off him. Pippen was never capable of scoring the way Giannis does it, and Pippen wasn't as good of a defensive player as Giannis either. The only similarities are that both were poor closers & FT shooters under pressure.

Shaq is a hundred times better than Giannis will ever be. What are you dudes smoking? Dude has zero finesse and no iso game. Pippen is better than Giannis.

Marchesk
09-03-2020, 06:09 PM
Shaq is a hundred times better than Giannis will ever be. What are you dudes smoking? Dude has zero finesse and no iso game. Pippen is better than Giannis.

Pippen never put up Giannis numbers, never won an MVP or even DPOY, and he never lead a team to 60+ wins as the best player on that team.

Y'all are getting ridiculous with your hot takes.

fsvr54
09-03-2020, 06:17 PM
Pippen never put up Giannis numbers, never won an MVP or even DPOY, and he never lead a team to 60+ wins as the best player on that team.

I don't care what anyone says, this league is much softer and the defenses are much more wide open. Pippen also had MJ for the majority of his career. and thirdly stats don't show the overall impact of a player. Giannis having better numbers in a weak era doesn't make him better.

Tobio-Star
09-03-2020, 06:23 PM
Curry is the Jordan Giannis deserves, but not the one he needs right now.

Jordan won fmvps tho

Gohan
09-03-2020, 06:34 PM
Jordan won fmvps tho
Stop hating

ImKobe
09-03-2020, 06:46 PM
Pippen is better than Giannis.

In what universe?

fsvr54
09-03-2020, 06:59 PM
In what universe?

In this one

bizil
09-03-2020, 07:31 PM
Nah is Giannis is too DOMINANT a scorer to be a Pippen. Some duos aren't a Batman and Robin. Some are 2 Batmans. Or Batman and Superman. What ever you want to call it. Two dominant scorers on the same squad. Pip was a legend who had an EPIC FLOOR GAME! When u combine passing, rebounding and defense as a package, he's among the top 3 SF's ever. And his positional versatility was ALSO EPIC! Could legit play and defend PG, SG, SF, and PF. And he was a freak athlete. BUT the he was NEVER an alpha dog caliber scorer. A guy that could carry a team on his back scoring night in and night out. YET Pip was still a very good scorer getting 20 PPG in his prime.

But the freak athletes like a G Hill and Lebron at SF and Giannis at the PF come along with the Pip type floor game AND are dominant scorers on top of it! So they took what Pip did to the next level. So Giannis ISN'T a Pippen. If anything, he's a 7 foot version of a Lebron or G Hill in a sense. BUT he needs to refine his scoring arsenal. He's too predictable. If u are Shaq that's different. Because Shaq camped in the post. But in the case of Giannis, who is a positionless type of player often playing in a point power forward capacity, he needs to up the ante scoring skillset wise. That's includes the free throw line of course as well. Just think the Bucks need another very good wing player. OR upgrade the PG position. They don't need another superstar to put them over the top. BUT if they could get a superstar PG or wing player then even better! Middleton and Lopez are GREAT FITS for Giannis' style of play. Just need to add a piece.

Axe
09-03-2020, 07:40 PM

I was thinking of the same thing

bizil
09-03-2020, 07:59 PM
Im surprised the TV analysts don't bring up the fact that Giannis is the CLOSEST we've seen to a 7 foot version of Bron. It's not a perfect comparison. BUT what Lebron represents on the perimeter, Giannis is the CLOSEST at the PF to that type of player. Both freak athletes, great scoring, great passing, great rebounding and great defense (in Bron's peak anyway) for their position. Plus insane positional versatility as well. Two players who are the DEFINITION of positionless types of players on both sides of the court.

Why would somebody compare Giannis to Pip AND NOT BRON??? Bron early in his career ALSO had critics of his scoring. EVEN THOUGH Bron was obviously a dominant alpha dog scorer. If Giannis played with a KD or Harden, it would be two alphas playing together. But due to their scoring skillsets, of course I would prefer KD or Harden to get the last shot. Because they can score from anywhere! And more unpredictable! Even ALPHA DOG scorers have things to work on too. U just can't put Giannis on a Pippen type of level. He's way more dominant a player than that!

ImKobe
09-04-2020, 07:51 AM
Im surprised the TV analysts don't bring up the fact that Giannis is the CLOSEST we've seen to a 7 foot version of Bron. It's not a perfect comparison. BUT what Lebron represents on the perimeter, Giannis is the CLOSEST at the PF to that type of player. Both freak athletes, great scoring, great passing, great rebounding and great defense (in Bron's peak anyway) for their position. Plus insane positional versatility as well. Two players who are the DEFINITION of positionless types of players on both sides of the court.

Why would somebody compare Giannis to Pip AND NOT BRON??? Bron early in his career ALSO had critics of his scoring. EVEN THOUGH Bron was obviously a dominant alpha dog scorer. If Giannis played with a KD or Harden, it would be two alphas playing together. But due to their scoring skillsets, of course I would prefer KD or Harden to get the last shot. Because they can score from anywhere! And more unpredictable! Even ALPHA DOG scorers have things to work on too. U just can't put Giannis on a Pippen type of level. He's way more dominant a player than that!

Giannis' last 2 seasons are almost identical to Lebron's in terms of storyline. Has the best record in the league & MVP in B2B seasons, has a solid 2nd option but not a reliable 2nd star to close games/create his own shot under pressure, which gives opposing teams the chance to either key in on him or take away his team's perimeter shooting completely. Loses in the ECF in 6, comes back next season and has an underwhelming ECSF & loses in 5/6 games and leaves to join other superstars to chase rings, this is history literally repeating itself a decade later.

There's no comparison to Pippen here. It's more of a Lebron/Shaq thing. Giannis/Curry/Green = Lebron/Wade/Bosh on steroids. If Giannis does demand a trade, the move would be Klay + the pick & whatever to pull this off(Bucks ain't taking Green's contract).

AlternativeAcc.
09-04-2020, 07:55 AM

Why is that dude wearing a ****ing bikini? :facepalm

He's probably not even gay. This is like a woke signal or something

BigtimeNBAFan
09-04-2020, 09:19 AM
It is an extremely stupid thing to say. He is a 2x mvp and probably will be the best player of the next 5 years. Bad take.

Lebron23
09-07-2020, 12:02 AM
Khris MiddleJordan.

3ball
06-15-2021, 10:59 PM
Bump

FKAri
06-15-2021, 11:19 PM
3ball bumps a thread where he was utterly wrong?

This is more on the mark. Though Pippen was a much better man defender than Giannis. Giannis is the better help defender and his defensive greatness is almost exclusively due to that aspect.

I don't care what anyone says, this league is much softer and the defenses are much more wide open. Pippen also had MJ for the majority of his career. and thirdly stats don't show the overall impact of a player. Giannis having better numbers in a weak era doesn't make him better.
Easier era for offense but also a stronger era than Pippen's overall. AAU mentality + "them kids can't even post up" + all the other issues you want to talk about are outweighed by the larger talent pool and knowledge base.

3ball
06-15-2021, 11:33 PM
3ball bumps a thread where he was utterly wrong?

Giannis choked on the critical possession by pulling a bill buckner instead of slamming it

It's called "butter fingers" amongst ball players... Fumbleroosky in the clutch

Like pip

FKAri
06-15-2021, 11:34 PM
Giannis choked on the critical possession by pulling a bill buckner instead of slamming it

Does that make Bill Buckner a Pippen, too?

3ball
06-15-2021, 11:36 PM
Does that make Bill Buckner a Pippen, too?

Pippen was a massive choker with at least 3 separate "bill buckners"

Literally legendary chokes with nicknames like "migraine" and "Kukoc" and "losing 17 pts lead in 4th quarter!!!"

Being a pippen = secondary role AND choker

FKAri
06-16-2021, 09:45 PM
Pippen was a massive choker with at least 3 separate "bill buckners"

Literally legendary chokes with nicknames like "migraine" and "Kukoc" and "losing 17 pts lead in 4th quarter!!!"

Being a pippen = secondary role AND choker

Word around town is that your mother is also a Pippen. Can you confirm?

DoctorP
06-16-2021, 09:46 PM
Is Luka comin to town?

DoctorP
06-16-2021, 09:46 PM
Word around town is that your mother is also a Pippen. Can you confirm?

:lol

FireDavidKahn
06-16-2021, 09:47 PM
He's right

FireDavidKahn
06-16-2021, 09:48 PM

Yes.

You cannot give Giannis the ball in any given moment and expect him to get him a bucket. You can with Shaq, LeBron, Harden and Kawhi.

DoctorP
06-16-2021, 09:54 PM
Yes.

You cannot give Giannis the ball in any given moment and expect him to get him a bucket. You can with Shaq, LeBron, Harden and Kawhi.

Not with Shaq, not with Harden. Not in the playoffs. Shaq needed Kobe (and Penny) to finish games. Harden chokes.

FireDavidKahn
06-16-2021, 10:15 PM
Not with Shaq, not with Harden. Not in the playoffs. Shaq needed Kobe (and Penny) to finish games. Harden chokes.

Prime Shaq absolutely could.

Point is that all of them had the ability.

PP34Deuce
06-17-2021, 12:21 AM
At the same age sha1 and lebron still had fairly high ball IQ... giannis has very very average IQ.

Middleton isn't the problem he's a great 3rd option and secondary ball handler.

Problem Is I see giannis feed into the hype. They need to get rid of bud and refine his game with Middleton and holiday.

bison
06-17-2021, 12:28 AM

Liked her better when she was rounder and cuter :/

tanibanana
06-17-2021, 01:14 AM
So we all agree, Pippen is a MVP level player.. 3ball would go crazy..

Smoke117
06-17-2021, 01:50 AM
So what's wrong with that? Pippen is top 30 all time.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
06-17-2021, 01:59 AM
So what's wrong with that? Pippen is top 30 all time.

:roll::roll::roll:

no he not. Philly Iggy with a post game would be lucky to be top 50

Spain_
06-17-2021, 03:47 AM
Giannis is one of those players that has the talent of a number 1 option but the playstyle of a number 2 option.
If he ever get pairs up with a ball dominant offensive superstar, like a Doncic, Dame, KD type, he will play to his full potential, even if the stats will suggest he is not doing as well.
Him as a first option on offense is forced, it works (especially in the RS) because he is so talented, but it looks wrong.

Honestly curry kinda falls into this category as well, playing with KD really helped him.
Even if this season he was statistically better, actually watching him play it looks forced, he makes it work because he is talented but its clearly not the most effective use of his kills as a player.

Spain_
06-17-2021, 04:15 AM
I've always described Giannis as an uber Kirilenko, its the closest comparison I can come up with.

1987_Lakers
06-23-2021, 01:41 AM
bump

3ba11
06-23-2021, 01:42 AM
He's a Pippen... Middleton carried him in various games last series and is the 4th quarter closer

But he actually isn't a Pippen - a player that can't score but plays good defense is a defensive role player, aka Pippen or Ben Simmons... Giannis is much better than that.. Pippen is just vastly overrated by bums like Jay Williams who didn't pay attention in the 90's

1987_Lakers
06-23-2021, 01:45 AM
He's a Pippen... Middleton carried him in various games last series and is the 4th quarter closer

Damn, so a Pippen type player eliminated Durant? Pippen would feast in this era.

3ba11
06-23-2021, 01:49 AM
Damn, so a Pippen type player eliminated Durant? Pippen would feast in this era.

Middleton was entirely dominant - he was called baby Durant - Pippen can't do that

Pippen is a weak scorer, but good at defense, aka defensive role player like Ben Simmons

1987_Lakers
06-23-2021, 02:02 AM
Middleton was entirely dominant - he was called baby Durant - Pippen can't do that

Pippen is a weak scorer, but good at defense, aka defensive role player like Ben Simmons

Giannis - 32 ppg and 13 rpg on 57% shooting
Middleton - 24 ppg on 41% shooting

Hmm, wonder who was the better player in the series.

3ba11
06-23-2021, 02:05 AM
Giannis - 32 ppg and 13 rpg on 57% shooting
Middleton - 24 ppg on 41% shooting

Hmm, wonder who was the better player in the series.

Middleton played better than Pippen ever did - we all saw it

Middleton is a star because he can take over offensively and carry the team to victory over a super-team, while Pippen was a defensive role player that never did anything, literally - never dominated - he played like ben simmons (poor scorer, aka defensive role player)

1987_Lakers
06-23-2021, 02:12 AM
Middleton played better than Pippen ever did - we all saw it

Middleton is a star because he can take over offensively and carry the team to victory over a super-team, while Pippen was a defensive role player that never did anything, literally - never dominated - he played like ben simmons (poor scorer, aka defensive role player)

Just a few hours ago you were arguing Antawn Jamison > Middleton and now Middleton is baby Durant? Sorry dude, but you are one confused guy.

3ba11
06-23-2021, 02:16 AM
Just a few hours ago you were arguing Antawn Jamison > Middleton and now Middleton is baby Durant? Sorry dude, but you are one confused guy.

Jamison and Middleton are both good players that dominated - they're underrated if anything.. It's Pippen that's overrated and never dominated

1987_Lakers
06-23-2021, 02:16 AM
Jamison and Middleton are both good players that dominated.. It's Pippen that was overrated

1-9

3ba11
06-23-2021, 02:18 AM
1-9

Low seeds lose in the first round - that's what happens

The first time Lebron had a low seed in the playoffs, he lost in the 1st Round.

Otherwise he always got several years to develop his team into a high seed before entering the playoffs in 06' or 20'... Otoh, Jordan had to enter the playoffs in Year 1 as an 8 seed... So 1-9 compares 3rd year high seeds to 1st year 8 seeds

1987_Lakers
06-23-2021, 02:21 AM
Lebron had 3 years to develop his team into a high seed before entering the playoffs, while Jordan had to enter the playoffs in Year 1 as an 8 seed - so 1-9 compares 3rd year high seeds to 1st year 8 seeds, aka pretty dumb

It was pretty easy to make the playoffs in the 80's. 16 of the 23 total teams made it, Chicago had losing seasons in '85 '86 & '87, put MJ and that Bulls team in 2004-2006 where 16 of 32 teams made the playoffs, they wouldn't qualify. Point remains...

1-9

SouBeachTalents
06-23-2021, 02:43 AM
So Jamison > Middleton > Giannis

And here I thought Oubre > Klay would be his most embarrassing post of the year :lol

Gohan
06-23-2021, 10:51 AM
3ball pippen is 10x better on offense than ben simmons. stop lying to yourself. you exaggerate shit way too much. other than that keep up the good posting