PDA

View Full Version : media manufactured superstars

CelticGangster
09-03-2020, 10:37 AM
what nba players are only viewed as stars because the media manufactured them?
i will start with The Greek Meme

maybe worst mvp ever, chokes every year

Gohan
09-03-2020, 10:38 AM
I can’t really think of any. Maybe lebron because the media overhyped him. Still, he’s one of the best players ever so you really can’t knock him

Bronbron23
09-03-2020, 10:45 AM

I think greek is still a superstar. Hes just a go to scorer. He needs another guy that can score in certain moments. They also font use him right. They should get him the ball in the low post more in the half court set. Get him off the perimeter

PP34Deuce
09-03-2020, 11:02 AM
Good question. I think the problem Milwaukee has with Giannis is they try to play him exactly like Lebron. He should have a PG that allows him to finish plays, not initiate them.

It's hard to be 6'10 and move and slither like KD.

highwhey
09-03-2020, 11:11 AM
giannis antetokumpo

He's good in the regular season but trash in the playoffs

Roundball_Rock
09-03-2020, 11:17 AM
Overreactions. He had 29/14, including 11 fourth quarter points last night. People are talking as if he went 11/5.

Gohan
09-03-2020, 11:32 AM
Overreactions. He had 29/14, including 11 fourth quarter points last night. People are talking as if he went 11/5.

He was turning the ball over everytime he touched it in the 4th too. You can’t just ignore that. This was a winnable game for the bucks

Roundball_Rock
09-03-2020, 11:58 AM
True but the pendulum has swung to ridiculous levels of him being a fraud, a fake superstar, etc. We get overreactions all the time. LeBron was "washed up" about two weeks ago, for example. He has went 35/9/9 in three games since then. :lol

light
09-03-2020, 02:59 PM

I can't think of a single superstar that wasn't actually a good player.

NBAGOAT
09-03-2020, 03:12 PM
kyries really good but the some in the media treat him like a superstar when he's a star who has a few top ten years so far. Yea he had a great scoring finals where he outplayed curry for a series, has happened to other non superstars like joe dumars.

ArbitraryWater
09-03-2020, 03:14 PM
I think greek is still a superstar. Hes just a go to scorer. He needs another guy that can score in certain moments. They also font use him right. They should get him the ball in the low post more in the half court set. Get him off the perimeter

He's just a go to scorer?

Wut?

Go to scorers are the best form of scorers, what do you mean by that?

We know how much you've praised his defense, so you cant be refering to his overall game by 'just' either.

Bronbron23
09-03-2020, 03:28 PM
He's just a go to scorer?

Wut?

Go to scorers are the best form of scorers, what do you mean by that?

We know how much you've praised his defense, so you cant be refering to his overall game by 'just' either.

Meant not a go to scorer. It was an error

ArbitraryWater
09-03-2020, 03:36 PM
Meant not a go to scorer. It was an error

oh

Axe
09-03-2020, 08:18 PM
If anything, op retardedly acts as if the greek freak is way much worse than t-mac, a superstar that often had his worst nightmares in every playoff he plays.

Penetrator
09-03-2020, 09:01 PM
Gianus

Hardon