PDA

View Full Version : Stephen A. Smith: "Steve Nash became Nets' head coach due to white privilege"

Drygon
09-03-2020, 10:44 AM
Stephen A. Smith on Brooklyn Nets hiring Steve Nash as their new head coach:

"Ladies & Gentlemen, there's no way around this. It's white privilege. This doesn't happen for a black man. No experience on any level whatsoever as a coach and you get the Brooklyn Nets job?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRyGZr-ezWE&feature=youtu.be&t=120

Gohan
09-03-2020, 10:52 AM

"Ladies & Gentlemen, there's no way around this. It's white privilege. This doesn't happen for a black man. No experience on any level whatsoever as a coach and you get the Brooklyn Nets job?"

I agree

Kiddlovesnets
09-03-2020, 10:54 AM
That’s bullshit, the nets have had black coaches quite often in the past, the likes of Byron Scot, Avery Johnson and Lionel Hollins. One thing is sure though, the white coaches tend to be much better coaches than black coaches, even with the latter catching up in numbers the disparity still remains. Name me a good black coach in the league right now? Doc Rivers is perhaps the best one out there and even he is frequently criticized upon and may lose his job if clippers fail to win this year. You can’t explain this simply by ‘white privileges’, there’s something else to it.

red1
09-03-2020, 10:56 AM
quite the reach there stephen A

tpols
09-03-2020, 10:58 AM
what a racist piece of shit this guy is.

imagine if they hired a black coach, and skip said they only hired him because he was black. He'd be tossed off the air.

PP34Deuce
09-03-2020, 10:58 AM
no different than Jason Kidd getting the head coach job. THey both have super high IQ's and are hall of fame PG's. I could see why Nash was chosen. NBA is the most progressive league, you can't say black coaches aren't given a chance in the NBA compared to MLB and NFl.

RealSkipBayless
09-03-2020, 11:00 AM
Or maybe.. just maybe he has other qualities that the GM/ownership liked other than his white skin color. Maybe Kyrie, Durant, or other players gave their input and wanted him.. Suppose they've seen what the other options bring to the table and weren't looking for that with this specific roster.. but no it's all about race.

It's not uncommon for Smith to take these positions when he gets tired of being called a coon/house ***** on social media..

highwhey
09-03-2020, 11:00 AM
SAS needs to stfu

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
09-03-2020, 11:02 AM
no different than Jason Kidd getting the head coach job. THey both have super high IQ's and are hall of fame PG's. I could see why Nash was chosen. NBA is the most progressive league, you can't say black coaches aren't given a chance in the NBA compared to MLB and NFl.

Basically Stephen A had another hot take.

Nash was hired for his temperatment, iq and the respect he has among young players and peers. With the Lakers, Nash was also "part time" assistant coach because he hardly played. He had the same experience Magic Johnson and Jason Kidd did when they got their jobs.

Akeem34TheDream
09-03-2020, 11:08 AM
Nba is racist.:lol

LAL
09-03-2020, 11:09 AM
Another black millionaire that wants to prove he's down with "the culture". These low income kids don't need to hear about corrupt lies like white privelege. What does that do for the already violent and poor communities?

Thank god nba ratings are down.

highwhey
09-03-2020, 11:09 AM
Basically Stephen A had another hot take.

Nash was hired for his temperatment, iq and the respect he has among young players and peers. With the Lakers, Nash was also "part time" assistant coach because he hardly played. He had the same experience Magic Johnson and Jason Kidd did when they got their jobs.

Every player Nash has played raves about his IQ and how basically he's an on the court coach.

Everyone who isn't a believer should listen to the matt barnes podcast with Amare Stoudemire, they loved him. He was invited to all the BBQs bc he was a real one.

KobesFinger
09-03-2020, 11:11 AM
Think his point is that he walked into a head coaching position on a playoff team with no prior coaching experience. Doesn't really happen for black coaches. Being an HOF level intelligent player doesn't mean you'll be a good coach

LAL
09-03-2020, 11:13 AM
Think his point is that he walked into a head coaching position on a playoff team with no prior coaching experience. Doesn't really happen for black coaches. Being an HOF level intelligent player doesn't mean you'll be a good coach

Someone mentioned Jason Kidd and Magic

Patrick Chewing
09-03-2020, 11:13 AM
The more the media talks about race and brings up race, the more divided we become.

There have been Black coaches aplenty in this league, and a lot that were hired without any experience whatsoever.

imdaman99
09-03-2020, 11:15 AM
If you guys listen/watch Stephen A, than you deserve all the garbage he spouts out his mouth. He was on ESPN radio and I was all excited because I thought yay we are finally gonna get basketball talk here in NY... but he was unlistenable. I thought I'd rather listen to the other station talk about baseball and football all day than put my ears through SAS.

DoctorP
09-03-2020, 11:23 AM
Im surprised SAS thinks Nash is white.

MaxPlayer
09-03-2020, 11:32 AM
He's a professional troll, like Skip Bayless.

rawimpact
09-03-2020, 11:36 AM
This is exactly what I feared... NBA not only became political, but became a political platform.

AirBonner
09-03-2020, 11:38 AM
I don’t see white person here. SAS said Luka isn’t white he’s European. By his definition Nash isn’t white he’s Canadian :lol

AirBonner
09-03-2020, 11:39 AM
Im surprised SAS thinks Nash is white.

What I came to post lol

Patrick Chewing
09-03-2020, 11:45 AM
This is exactly what I feared... NBA not only became political, but became a political platform.

What we need is record low ratings for the Finals and hopefully that cuck Silver will mandate that the NBA distance itself from any political platforms and viewpoints moving forward. Play basketball. Help communities. Stop telling White people they are evil and stop glorifying criminals by wearing their name on your jerseys.

Phoenix
09-03-2020, 11:58 AM
What was Mark Jackson's coaching history prior to taking the Warriors job in 2011?

Marchesk
09-03-2020, 12:01 PM
Steve Nash is Canadian, not white. The league needs to boycott Canadian Privilege.

American Coaches Matter.

HBK_Kliq_2
09-03-2020, 12:35 PM
That happens all the time with point guards, white or black.

Doc Rivers, Jason Kidd, Mark Jackson, Kerr

Clifton
09-03-2020, 12:48 PM
Nobody's ever gotten a job because they were white. Now, sometimes people *don't* get jobs because they're *not* white. And many people get jobs because they have connections, or because people unconsciously prefer them, and being white helps for that in many cases.

But it's black people, not white people, who are privileged per se with respect to hiring, promotions, college admissions and scholarships, etc., in almost all fields.

Brooklyn is a title contender regardless of who their coach is, as long as everyone's getting along. Nash is known as a culture guy. They don't want an overbearing X's and O's presence; they just want to keep KD and Kyrie happy and let them work. Nash's lack of experience is probably an advantage for this reason.

Dbrog
09-03-2020, 12:54 PM
Wonder what he reaction was when Tyronn Lue got hired for the first time with no experience? He's literally known for being stepped over cause he's such a scrub. What disrespect to an alltime great like Nash

guy
09-03-2020, 12:56 PM
Its not white privilege as people have pointed out certain examples of the same thing happening with black coaches. Not to mention clearly KD and Kyrie likely signed off on this .

With that said, given whats going on around the country and the NBA pushing themselves as this "woke" league that is all about diversity, BLM, etc - it doesn't look good for the NBA that a white guy with absolutely no coaching experience, not just head coaching experience, is getting hired over other black coaches that have actually had head coaching success or have been successful assistants for years.

Not saying its necessarily unfair or some racial issue. Just saying it doesn't look good.

Patrick Chewing
09-03-2020, 01:02 PM
Its not white privilege as people have pointed out certain examples of the same thing happening with black coaches. Not to mention clearly KD and Kyrie likely signed off on this .

With that said, given whats going on around the country and the NBA pushing themselves as this "woke" league that is all about diversity, BLM, etc - it doesn't look good for the NBA that a white guy with absolutely no coaching experience, not just head coaching experience, is getting hired over other black coaches that have actually had head coaching success or have been successful assistants for years.

Not saying its necessarily unfair or some racial issue. Just saying it doesn't look good.

Well the league and the people who disagree with the hire can get over themselves. What would be worse is to hire someone solely based on their race which in a way is what SAS is implying the Nets should have done.

ThatCoolKid
09-03-2020, 01:09 PM
Well the league and the people who disagree with the hire can get over themselves. What would be worse is to hire someone solely based on their race which in a way is what SAS is implying the Nets should have done.

Do you even watch basketball anymore? Or do you just watch Fox News all day? :lol

ralph_i_el
09-03-2020, 01:09 PM
Bullshit. **** Steven A

Nash is an MVP, and he won that award for being a basketball genius. Kidd got the Knicks job as soon as he retired, and I bet Steven A didn't shay shit.

guy
09-03-2020, 01:10 PM

I don't think he was saying that. I think his issue was that he got it over other black coaches that are way more qualified due to their success and experience already as a coach or their experience for years as an assistant coach.

Again, I don't think he's right. Kidd got put in the same situation. And if any former player should get that opportunity, its a HOF PG like Nash - its not like it was Kirk Hinrich that got it.

Just saying that for the position that the league has put themselves in as this league all about diversity, it doesn't look good especially with guys like Tyronne Lue, Nate McMillan, Mark Jackson, Brian Shaw, Sam Cassell out there.

ralph_i_el
09-03-2020, 01:11 PM
It's a short list of guys you can throw in there that have a chance of getting the respect of Kyrie and KD. I assume KD and Nash got along from Nash's work with the Warriors.

ThatCoolKid
09-03-2020, 01:17 PM
I don't think he was saying that. I think his issue was that he got it over other black coaches that are way more qualified due to their success and experience already as a coach or their experience for years as an assistant coach.

Again, I don't think he's right. Kidd got put in the same situation. And if any former player should get that opportunity, its a HOF PG like Nash - its not like it was Kirk Hinrich that got it.

Just saying that for the position that the league has put themselves in as this league all about diversity, it doesn't look good especially with guys like Tyronne Lue, Nate McMillan, Mark Jackson, Brian Shaw, Sam Cassell out there.

you seem like a thoughtful guy so I will just let you know that Chewing is a race baiting troll, so you don't need to take him seriously.

AirBonner
09-03-2020, 01:37 PM
Now blacks people want preferred treatment in the hiring process. You can’t make this up

Straight_Ballin
09-03-2020, 01:37 PM
This is what KD and KI wanted. SAS needs to just accept this.

PP34Deuce
09-03-2020, 01:52 PM
So after listening to Stephen A, I kind of get what he is saying. Take away the "White man got power" speech and he's basically right that White NBA coaches are more brought in to succeed with talent. Mark Jackson, Jacque Vaughn really got their teams playing hard and respected only for management to load the talent and hire a white coach.

I think that's what he means. We have black coaches, but he feels they aren't given a fair shake in coaching.

Patrick Chewing
09-03-2020, 01:53 PM
you seem like a thoughtful guy so I will just let you know that Chewing is a race baiting troll, so you don't need to take him seriously.

Only troll here is you. Sorry that you cannot handle real talk.

Patrick Chewing
09-03-2020, 02:04 PM
So after listening to Stephen A, I kind of get what he is saying. Take away the "White man got power" speech and he's basically right that White NBA coaches are more brought in to succeed with talent. Mark Jackson, Jacque Vaughn really got their teams playing hard and respected only for management to load the talent and hire a white coach.

I think that's what he means. We have black coaches, but he feels they aren't given a fair shake in coaching.

You're basing this on two examples? You'll have to have more evidence than that. You'll have to have insider information or whistleblowers to detail how this is actually the case and not some far out speculation by some idiotic blowhard like Stephen A Smith who is simply famous for yelling and screaming and not really knowing much about sports outside of basketball. He was schooled not too long ago on his boxing knowledge or lack thereof.

tpols
09-03-2020, 02:07 PM
Now blacks people want preferred treatment in the hiring process. You can’t make this up

they've already had it for decades ~ affirmative action. every corporation and university needs a certain % of minorities as part of HR process, and if that means they have to hire a less qualified candidate over a more qualified candidate, thats what they will do.

tpols
09-03-2020, 02:10 PM

Name the best coaches of all time and get back to me.

RealSkipBayless
09-03-2020, 02:31 PM
So if Lue replaces Brown in Philly is he going to stop crying..?

Overdrive
09-03-2020, 02:31 PM

Absolutely don't care about race, but Mark Jackson is such a bad example for not getting a chance. He was a terrible to ok coach, who alienated half the players on a future dynasty. He immediately got a broadcasting gig after he was rightfully sacked.

light
09-03-2020, 02:36 PM

Didn't Magic Johnson quickly get a head coaching gig after retiring?

Maybe it's more like hall of fame superstar point guard privilege.

HylianNightmare
09-03-2020, 02:41 PM
what a racist piece of shit this guy is.

imagine if they hired a black coach, and skip said they only hired him because he was black. He'd be tossed off the air.

Agreed. Double standards abound

Stephonit
09-03-2020, 02:47 PM
This is why "All lives matter" has traction. There are people out there who see the "Black lives matter" mantra as cover for a Black supremacist agenda.

light
09-03-2020, 02:55 PM
This is why "All lives matter" has traction. There are people out there who see the "Black lives matter" mantra as cover for a Black supremacist agenda.

There isn't a black supremacist agenda. The agenda is still about raising self esteem to healthy levels.

insight
09-03-2020, 02:57 PM
Name the best coaches of all time and get back to me.

So if the Clippers or Lakers win the championship this year it's was because they had the best coach? Coaching is one component but far from the most important component when talking about winning championships.

tpols
09-03-2020, 02:58 PM
So if the Clippers or Lakers win the championship this year it's was because they had the best coach? Coaching is one component but far from the most important component when talking about winning championships.

Again, name the top 10 coaches of all time. Your list.

insight
09-03-2020, 03:11 PM

Not preferred treatment equal treatment, that will only happen with more ethnic diversity in decision making positions. The lack of blacks involved in the hiring process and in Executive front office positions trickles down into a narrow hiring process. With that said the NBA has been on the forefront of addressing this issues, and I think Stephen A is being unfair for not pointing out the areas where progress has been made because it trivializes the issue.

insight
09-03-2020, 03:24 PM
Again, name the top 10 coaches of all time. Your list.

I don't have a top 10 NBA coaches of all time, great teams are made with great synergy between the players, coach, and organization as a whole. This is evident in the fact that Phil Jackson has the most NBA championships of any coach but as proven in New York it had less to do with his triangle offense and more to do with having several of the greatest players of all time on his championship team.
My greatest coach of all time is Red Auerbach who had the balls to draft the first black player, after becoming the most winningest coach of all time pushed for Bill Russel to become the first black head coach. People don't know American History or even NBA history make foolish claims like blacks want preferential treatment. It's ignorance of the highest order!

MrFonzworth
09-03-2020, 04:01 PM
Was looking forward to shogon's meltdown over this. Guess I gotta wait.

PETRO2222
09-03-2020, 04:02 PM
I am european (white) and how things are going in USA: soon if white man wants to be ALIVE will be because of WHITE PRIVILEGE.

Wally450
09-03-2020, 04:02 PM
The best part is right at the beginning he says "Steve Nash deserves this", then at the end he says "Steve Nash doesn't deserve this". :lol

Clifton
09-03-2020, 04:06 PM
he's basically right that White NBA coaches are more brought in to succeed with talent. Mark Jackson, Jacque Vaughn really got their teams playing hard and respected only for management to load the talent and hire a white coach.

Interesting.

I don't think it's true-- it was Tyronn Lue, after all, who got to reap the fruit in Cleveland, and Blatt who got the axe-- but it's more interesting than a standard white privilege job take.

I do think it's true that sometimes one guy does all the dirty work, and then someone else, who's not better but has the right kind of personality for the situation, comes in, has it easy street, and gets all the credit. I just don't think the racial element of it holds up. With the job turnover in NBA head coaching, you're going to find some instances that support your view of you hunt them down, but I just don't think that's what's going on.

As for Mark Jackson, he was the head coach of a Bay Area team and was opposed to homosexuality. He would preach religious sermons while players were on the clock. That was never going to last.

MrFonzworth
09-03-2020, 04:08 PM
Imagine tuning into sports news and hearing SAS scream about George Floyd:facepalm

Akeem34TheDream
09-03-2020, 04:14 PM
Was looking forward to shogon's meltdown over this. Guess I gotta wait.
That guy can get riled up about anything. And right wing dudes who also stan Lebron are hilarious to me.

KennyPowers
09-03-2020, 04:22 PM
Most nba players didn't graduate from college. Why would the NBA offices hire them? They know little to nothing about finances and budgets. That's why they end up broke. Saying there aren't enough non-white people is literally saying the NBA should hire based on race... Check out Yale. It's racist. Lowering the bar for black people... Raising the bar for Asians... Employing people and letting people into your school nbecause of their race is as racist as it gets.

KennyPowers
09-03-2020, 04:25 PM
Teams draft the best players.... Usually black

Maybe they are just hiring the best person. It's almost like 60 percent of the population is white and there are only 30 teams... Positions are limited. The best people are hired. I'm certain that owners want to win and make money. You think they don't choose the best person to succeed? I guess billionaires run their business poorly if that's the case.

D-Wait
09-03-2020, 04:27 PM
Full of shit. Stopped watching First Take a long time ago. SAS playing the race card in every other topic is unbearable.

Patrick Chewing
09-03-2020, 04:44 PM
There isn't a black supremacist agenda. The agenda is still about raising self esteem to healthy levels.

Not by blaming Whites for all your shortcomings. Accountability is virtually absent in the Black community.

Gohan
09-03-2020, 04:46 PM
We all know rich white men rule nations but that will change soon if we keep on fighting

hold this L
09-03-2020, 05:04 PM
Whoever doesn't realize that the white guy got hired because the top black guy ok'd it (KD) is either ignorant or on a inferiority complex run. KD worked with Nash while he was playing with the Warriors.

hold this L
09-03-2020, 05:09 PM
Interesting.

I don't think it's true-- it was Tyronn Lue, after all, who got to reap the fruit in Cleveland, and Blatt who got the axe-- but it's more interesting than a standard white privilege job take.

I do think it's true that sometimes one guy does all the dirty work, and then someone else, who's not better but has the right kind of personality for the situation, comes in, has it easy street, and gets all the credit. I just don't think the racial element of it holds up. With the job turnover in NBA head coaching, you're going to find some instances that support your view of you hunt them down, but I just don't think that's what's going on.

As for Mark Jackson, he was the head coach of a Bay Area team and was opposed to homosexuality. He would preach religious sermons while players were on the clock. That was never going to last.

Also caught with a stripper, consistently put players against the organization, banned the logo from attending practice, turned the team against Ezeli until he was confronted by the team and he started crying by the crazy shit the guy made up, made up stories and put players vs one another, on top of being disabled when it came to any offensive tactics.

An absolute cancer.

KennyPowers
09-03-2020, 05:09 PM
We all know rich white men rule nations but that will change soon if we keep on fighting

So China is lead by rich white men? Saudi Arabia?

Doranku
09-03-2020, 05:42 PM
Where was this energy when LeGM fired David Blatt for a black coach that had no prior head coaching experience? :lol

Marchesk
09-03-2020, 05:53 PM
Full of shit. Stopped watching First Take a long time ago. SAS playing the race card in every other topic is unbearable.

His Knicks rants are epic though.

Marchesk
09-03-2020, 05:55 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/909881561486675970/K2NRV92l.jpg

insight
09-03-2020, 05:55 PM
Most nba players didn't graduate from college. Why would the NBA offices hire them? They know little to nothing about finances and budgets. That's why they end up broke. Saying there aren't enough non-white people is literally saying the NBA should hire based on race... Check out Yale. It's racist. Lowering the bar for black people... Raising the bar for Asians... Employing people and letting people into your school nbecause of their race is as racist as it gets.

So why does no one question Bill Gates or Mark Zuckerberg, ability to run a fortunate 50 company, they dropped out of college. Richard Branson didn't even graduate from High School yet is considered one of the brightest investment minds in the world.
You are clueless, Top Schools implemented grandfather clauses to insure alumni's kids could get accepted when they did not quality and other ethnic groups admissions were increasing. It's it's all about being qualified why do wealthily people routinely make large donations to colleges in exchange for entry of their unqualified kids? That's legally, the largest college cheating scandal in history was just uncovered recently and it wasn't a bunch of poor black kids who were gaming the system. The system favors the wealthy but blame it on the black kids who have been disadvantaged from birth.

Smoke117
09-03-2020, 06:00 PM
Being a race baiter is just what SAS does.

KD7
09-03-2020, 06:04 PM
Nothing to do with white privilege, KD had a close relationship with Nash when he was on the Warriors

Smoke117
09-03-2020, 06:09 PM
He did this same exact thing when incompetent Kidd got fired...whining about a black man not getting a chance. Kidd got fired because he was a poor coach.

Gohan
09-03-2020, 06:11 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/909881561486675970/K2NRV92l.jpg

I can explain.....:(

Marchesk
09-03-2020, 06:14 PM
He did this same exact thing when incompetent Kidd got fired...whining about a black man not getting a chance. Kidd got fired because he was a poor coach.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/fv07_6Y4HvQ/maxresdefault.jpg

https://www.tennisworldusa.org/imgb/94177/atp-rankings-why-rafael-nadal-could-be-favored.jpg

Smoke117
09-03-2020, 06:16 PM
Kidd is half black. I doubt the majority of casual fans would even know that, but SAS was whining about him as a black man being fired and not getting a chance when he was given a chance on two teams and was just a really mediocre coach.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akSkpkEUqMc

Da_Realist
09-03-2020, 06:20 PM
The NBA set itself up for this. Going woke and ambulance chasing for a victimization narrative is not good for the NBA. They're shoving this stuff down our throats and it's turning many fans off.

hold this L
09-03-2020, 06:46 PM
The NBA set itself up for this. Going woke and ambulance chasing for a victimization narrative is not good for the NBA. They're shoving this stuff down our throats and it's turning many fans off.

SAS has always been this way though lol

tpols
09-03-2020, 06:48 PM
yea jason kidd doesn't look black at all.

Stephonit
09-03-2020, 06:54 PM

Mugabe is an inspiration to everyone! Oh wait....

CelticBaller
09-03-2020, 07:25 PM
lmao Jason Kidd literally got a job as a head coach days after he retired

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
09-03-2020, 07:38 PM
Didnt Doc Rivers and Mark Jackson get coaching gigs with no experience?

theballerFKA Ace
09-03-2020, 08:01 PM
You say race baiter

I say rating chaser

https://64.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m53xc1qxWv1qg2yc0o1_500.gif

insight
09-03-2020, 09:22 PM

Good Riddance! The NBA doesn't need racist and Toms to thrive, plenty of people understand the real issues.

bobopenguin
09-03-2020, 09:31 PM
a journalist got fired for typo, SAS keeps on going with his racist sh*t.

NBA is full of hypocrites.

BigKobeFan
09-03-2020, 09:50 PM
There is nothing special about doc rivers. He was hired and is keeping his job for only one reason

SATAN
09-03-2020, 09:53 PM
espn is cancer

GimmeThat
09-03-2020, 09:59 PM
so he was drafted, traded, and signed by 3 different franchises based on the fact that :milton

Da_Realist
09-03-2020, 10:44 PM
Good Riddance! The NBA doesn't need racist and Toms to thrive, plenty of people understand the real issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vq4zlTNPAxQ

Patrick Chewing
09-03-2020, 10:44 PM

There are none. You people make it up cause you have nothing better to do. Get a job.

Axe
09-03-2020, 10:46 PM
There is nothing special about doc rivers. He was hired and is keeping his job for only one reason
Yet he was still better than that scrub ty lue

SATAN
09-04-2020, 12:21 AM
There are none. You people make it up cause you have nothing better to do. Get a job.

Donald Sterling ring a bell? Who knows what else has gone on.

highwhey
09-04-2020, 12:27 AM
i couldn't even watch the whole clip of SAS saying this. he needs to stfu. he's being racist and Nash is one of the most stand up guys in the entire league. Everyone he's played with or for will vouch for Nash.

SAS? a tmz level journalist. stfu you're garbage.

bobopenguin
09-04-2020, 01:28 AM
Donald Sterling ring a bell? Who knows what else has gone on.

montrez harrell

bluechox2
09-04-2020, 02:38 AM
Reverse racism at its finest

DCL
09-04-2020, 04:12 AM
today's game was based on a style that the run & gun phoenix suns utilized, and guess who was the point guard running that team? no coaching experience? shiet... nash's entire basketball career was about operating the fking offense. and he dominated many nights while often being the most unathletic dude on the floor.

he already mastered the X's and O's that some coaches today are still trying to comprehend through analytics.

if you want to talk shit about nash, at least bring up a valid point like he doesn't know defense. lol

bobopenguin
09-04-2020, 04:57 AM

what is reverse racism

GimmeThat
09-04-2020, 05:17 AM
what is reverse racism

when the people doing crack insist on its better than cocaine

ImKobe
09-04-2020, 07:19 AM
today's game was based on a style that the run & gun phoenix suns utilized, and guess who was the point guard running that team? no coaching experience? shiet... nash's entire basketball career was about operating the fking offense. and he dominated many nights while often being the most unathletic dude on the floor.

he already mastered the X's and O's that some coaches today are still trying to comprehend through analytics.

if you want to talk shit about nash, at least bring up a valid point like he doesn't know defense. lol

That's the worst take I'm hearing online in regards to Nash having no coaching/leadership experience. He was one of the best choices the Nets could have made for the job, that team is loaded with offensive talent and Nash is a genius on that end & has a good relationship with Durant/Irving, they obviously wanted him to be their coach. He got the job because of his connections, not because of his skin color. Plenty of black players have retired and instantly found HC jobs without any experience (Magic & Fisher for example). Sucks that the media plays the race card when it comes to stuff like this, completely undermines the pro-black movement we have going on right now.

AlternativeAcc.
09-04-2020, 07:35 AM
Its black privledge that allows Stephen A to be a complete ****ing racist buffoon on national TV and still keep his job.

He's bringing up retards like Ty Lue and Mark Jackson who have shown they suck at head coaching.

God forbid the Nets go with a basketball genius who gels with the players. It's becuh he white!!!

DCL
09-04-2020, 07:45 AM
That's the worst take I'm hearing online in regards to Nash having no coaching/leadership experience. He was one of the best choices the Nets could have made for the job, that team is loaded with offensive talent and Nash is a genius on that end & has a good relationship with Durant/Irving, they obviously wanted him to be their coach. He got the job because of his connections, not because of his skin color. Plenty of black players have retired and instantly found HC jobs without any experience (Magic & Fisher for example). Sucks that the media plays the race card when it comes to stuff like this, completely undermines the pro-black movement we have going on right now.

you clealy have trouble with reading comprehension.

the fk did you read anywhere where i even mentioned anything remotely related to race?

ImKobe
09-04-2020, 07:58 AM
you clealy have trouble with reading comprehension.

the fk did you read anywhere where i even mentioned anything remotely related to race?

No trouble here, just added that to the end in response to the OP. I quoted you because I agree with your point on Nash's understanding & his experience of running of the modern NBA offense. That's what makes him a great pick for HC for the Nets.

Doomsday Dallas
09-04-2020, 10:46 AM

I'm pretty sure SAS was instructed to say this bull$hit.... or to take the stance that hiring Nash was white privilege.

people like SAS have corporate overlords... and they want SAS to keep playing the race card.

L8krH8tr
09-04-2020, 11:24 AM
Omg I can’t stand this clown . Glad he’s getting some major heat for this , too bad ESPN is at an all time low and need his dumb loud a s s for ratings.

insight
09-04-2020, 11:41 AM
Its black privledge that allows Stephen A to be a complete ****ing racist buffoon on national TV and still keep his job.

He's bringing up retards like Ty Lue and Mark Jackson who have shown they suck at head coaching.

God forbid the Nets go with a basketball genius who gels with the players. It's becuh he white!!!

Black Privilege You are delusional! Black people do not control who is hired and who is fired! Ironically when white people are fired for making racially incentive comments towards blacks, it's white company executives who fire them. Do you know why? Because they rather keep the arguments about a racially incentive comments then have people explore the lack of diversity and exclusion of blacks executive in their companies. ALL THE legitimate statistical data on hiring practice in the US show biases towards blacks in terms of getting interviews, being hired and promoted vs peers with the same education and training.
No wonder why this country is a mess, buffoons making up terms like black privilege when every measurable social economic indicator says the opposite. Blacks are twice as likely to die from Covid than whites, due to racial disparities in healthcare, living conditions and the residual effects of disenfranchisement but idiots like you are screaming black privilege.

Gohan
09-04-2020, 11:42 AM
I love Stephen A . I stand by you brotha. He’s telling nothing but the truth, and people can’t handle it.

insight
09-04-2020, 11:45 AM

Steve Nash was hired already, WHERE IS THE REVERSE RACISM? Surely your not that stupid!

Da_Realist
09-04-2020, 12:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGBfRmLN8tg

insight
09-04-2020, 12:35 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGBfRmLN8tg

Do you receive a RNC welfare check? You are always posting some political nonsense about issues that are not solved by political affiliation. Both parties have not addressed racial inequality, you are not being a realist promoting half truths and snake oil solutions.

Derka
09-04-2020, 12:35 PM
Stephen A riling up the plebs, generating those clicks. :rolleyes:

AnaheimLakers24
09-04-2020, 12:38 PM
im glad lakers got a white coach. they are smarter

STATUTORY
09-04-2020, 12:40 PM
Stephen A Smith doubled down HARD on this take this morning

AirBonner
09-04-2020, 12:42 PM
Stephen A Smith doubled down HARD on this take this morning

He’s paid to be loud and stupid

warriorfan
09-04-2020, 12:45 PM
SAS is a very rich troll. And he’s a piece of shit human being for profiting off divisive rhetoric all of the time.

He’s paid to be loud and stupid

This

Marchesk
09-04-2020, 12:49 PM
Shannon and Skip discuss Barkley disagreeing with SAS. They both bring up first time black coaches being hired, so no white priviige in this case. Plus Durant worked out with Nash in GS.

https://youtu.be/XnbcwYWvXtM

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
09-04-2020, 12:53 PM
SAS is a very rich troll. And he’s a piece of shit human being for profiting off divisive rhetoric all of the time.

He was "Screaming A" and actually decent to listen to 6-7 years ago and before that.

Now he's become a caricature of himself. Loud for no reason and entrenched in the racial bullshit. Him and that goofy looking cuck, Max.

First Take went down the drain after Skip departed. Not that he is much better, or that First Take was ever insightful, but he absolutely made that show.

tpols
09-04-2020, 12:59 PM
He was "Screaming A" and actually decent to listen to 6-7 years ago and before that.

Now he's become a caricature of himself. Loud for no reason and entrenched in the racial bullshit. Him and that goofy looking cuck, Max.

First Take went down the drain after Skip departed. Not that he is much better, or that First Take was ever insightful, but he absolutely made that show.

the tebow debates were the pinnacle of the show. :lol

i want to watch them agains for the laughs

ImKobe
09-04-2020, 01:19 PM
the tebow debates were the pinnacle of the show. :lol

i want to watch them agains for the laughs

https://youtu.be/DMlgm4vcYqo

:roll::roll:

Patrick Chewing
09-04-2020, 01:34 PM
Do you receive a RNC welfare check? You are always posting some political nonsense about issues that are not solved by political affiliation. Both parties have not addressed racial inequality, you are not being a realist promoting half truths and snake oil solutions.

It's not political nonsense just cause you're allergic to the truth and you want to be a pathetic victim all the time. Get a job.

Patrick Chewing
09-04-2020, 01:35 PM
Shannon and Skip discuss Barkley disagreeing with SAS. They both bring up first time black coaches being hired, so no white priviige in this case. Plus Durant worked out with Nash in GS.

https://youtu.be/XnbcwYWvXtM

I hope you didn't need Skip and Shannon to tell you that there was no white privilege in this case.

Gohan
09-04-2020, 01:45 PM
I swear y’all have a hard time comprehending Stephen a. I know exactly what he was saying and he was right. He just thinks too highly of Durant and Kyrie though

n00bie
09-04-2020, 01:57 PM
I feel like SAS just says stupid shlt for attention and views.

Nash is arguably the best PG / Floor general to ever play the game. His transition to coaching just seems natural.

Derka
09-04-2020, 01:59 PM
The fact that we're now on page 9 of grown men, myself included, gabbing like a bunch of hens about what SAS said means he's doing his job.

Marchesk
09-04-2020, 02:29 PM
I swear y’all have a hard time comprehending Stephen a. I know exactly what he was saying and he was right.
Stephen a thinks Luka isn't white because he's European, but Nash, who is Canadian, was hired because of white privilege. :biggums:

He just thinks too highly of Durant and Kyrie though

Because they had a Canadian hired out of white privilege?

Honestly, I don't know who all's trolling who isn't on this issue.

insight
09-04-2020, 02:31 PM
It's not political nonsense just cause you're allergic to the truth and you want to be a pathetic victim all the time. Get a job.

So your truth is the RNC is the new messiah ready to lead black and white people to the chosen land once we get rid of the evil DNC, BLM and Muslims. That's your so called Truth?
Your Get a Job comments are offensive, I,m blessed to be in a financially secure situation but there are 18 million Americans out of work struggling right now.
You clearly are a young fella, most likely supported by Mommy and Daddy so you are unaware that in the real world half of Americans don't have 400 dollars in savings and half don't own stocks.
People are desperate seeking a job to support their family can't find one so I wouldn't be so quick to make light of that.

There is a huge wealth gap in American that is growing exponentially by the decade. The wealth gap between Americas riches and poorest has more than doubled since 1990. No political party is addressing this issue, instead they are programming the ignorant to believe their party will FiX everyone problems when the parties are condoning the activities that cause the problems to begin with.
The status quo is not sustainable and eventually it will lead to chaos this country has not seen since the civil war. You will be left clueless wondering how it happened. They say ignorance is bliss, ENJOY IT!

3ball
09-04-2020, 02:47 PM
Blacks outnumber whites by a lot in the NBA, yet there's way more white coaces then black, and guys like kerr, skiles and Nash get scooped up as a standard

senelcoolidge
09-04-2020, 08:00 PM
The league is like 99% black and he's still complaining. This guy is working hard to keep his career alive.

tpols
09-04-2020, 08:21 PM
Blacks outnumber whites by a lot in the NBA, yet there's way more white coaces then black, and guys like kerr, skiles and Nash get scooped up as a standard

popovich, auerbach, chuck daly, larry brown, pat riley, rick carlisle, don nelson, jerry sloan, phil jackson....

Are you starting to notice a trend?

Axe
09-04-2020, 08:24 PM
popovich, auerbach, chuck daly, larry brown, pat riley, rick carlisle, don nelson, jerry sloan, phil jackson....

You forgot to mention george karl, you dummie.

insight
09-04-2020, 09:53 PM

Yeah, None of them won an NBA championship with all white players.

Clifton
09-04-2020, 11:36 PM
This isn't interesting, but what is interesting is: You don't see a lot of wing- or big-sized ex-players getting coaching jobs. 6'6 and above. Patrick Ewing, lifetime assistant, for example.

Now, here's the question: is it because the shorter guys were forced to outsmart their ways into NBA rotations, and so there are more of them with the traits of a great coach? Or is it at least partly because at the end of the day, even in the NBA, people aren't as comfortable around 6'6+ black guys, or don't see them as intellectually credible, or something?

If your coach was Patrick Ewing, or that size of a dude but not famous, would you not be a little distracted? I would. Or maybe, I would at first, then would get over it. Maybe it's one of these things where there needs to be a first, and then it opens up.

Sportal
09-05-2020, 01:11 AM
I feel like Steve Nash would be a great coach. Who should have they hired? I believe he's a great motivator, he was a great player, I believe he could bring the right culture to a team.

Marchesk
09-05-2020, 01:18 AM
I feel like Steve Nash would be a great coach. Who should have they hired? I believe he's a great motivator, he was a great player, I believe he could bring the right culture to a team.

Pippen

Dr. Cheesesteak
09-05-2020, 02:25 PM
Late to this thread and don't wanna read all the pages. Was Chuck's retort to SAS posted?

colts19
09-05-2020, 04:25 PM

Also that whole hiring Larry Bird by the Pacers, worked out pretty good for them.

Spurs m8
09-05-2020, 06:45 PM
The nba is fvcking toxic

insight
09-09-2020, 11:38 PM
Steve Nash admitted to benefiting from White privilege, saying he did "skip the line" to become an NBA head coach and acknowledged criticisms from analysts in that process.

Nash, the new head coach of the Brooklyn Nets, addressed the issue head on during his virtual introductory news conference on Wednesday.
"I have benefited from White privilege," he said. "I think, as White people, we have to understand we have a certain privilege and a benefit by the color of our skin in our communities. We have a long way to go to find equality and social and racial justice. I hope that I'm a great ally in that cause."

He continued, "We do need more diversity and more opportunities for African American coaches on staff in all capacities. The league was built through African American players, and stars have made this one of the greatest entertainment industries and businesses in sports in the world."

Last week, the Nets announced the hiring of Nash, 46, to a four-year contract as the team's new head coach. The announcement was met with some criticism, given his lack of head coaching experience and the relative dearth of minority NBA head coaches -- only five -- in a league made up predominantly of Black players. ESPN analyst Stephen A. Smith called Nash's hiring "White privilege."
Though Nash recognized his privilege and told reporters he wants "to be part of change moving forward," he also acknowledged his own experience as a player for decades in the NBA.
"I think leading an NBA team (as a point guard) for almost two decades is pretty unique," he said. "So, while I haven't necessarily learned some of the skills that I'll definitely seek to understand and learn as far as the technical aspects of coaching, I was never far from that."
Nash is taking over the head coaching job from Kenny Atkinson. Nash retired from the NBA as a player in 2015, after 18 seasons in the league, primarily with the Phoenix Suns. Nash, two-time MVP, is largely regarded as one of the best NBA point guards of his time.

Doranku
09-09-2020, 11:43 PM
Kinda sucks Nash had to go out and basically demean his own accomplishment because of race baiters like SAS. :facepalm People talked about how good Nash would be as a coach during his playing career. It's not like he was a scrub who came out of nowhere and got the job. He was a brilliant basketball mind on the court and unlike with other star players, I think that will translate to his coaching.

FKAri
09-09-2020, 11:52 PM
Where was Stephen A on the Jason Kidd hiring a few years back? He jumped right from player to coach. At least Nash did some consulting work with the Warriors.

Norcaliblunt
09-10-2020, 12:09 AM
Being white got Steve Nash only one scholarship offer though. He was lucky to even be in the league.

bladefd
09-10-2020, 03:01 AM
Kinda sucks Nash had to go out and basically demean his own accomplishment because of race baiters like SAS. :facepalm People talked about how good Nash would be as a coach during his playing career. It's not like he was a scrub who came out of nowhere and got the job. He was a brilliant basketball mind on the court and unlike with other star players, I think that will translate to his coaching.

Stephen Smith has no credibility. He is just trying to shake the tree and make noise. He is a sensationalistic journalist. In this case, he was very much wrong.

Phoenix
09-10-2020, 04:08 AM
Where was Stephen A on the Jason Kidd hiring a few years back? He jumped right from player to coach. At least Nash did some consulting work with the Warriors.

He constantly references Mark Jackson but IIRC he also got a head coaching job without prior experience? Again, if two 'woke' players like KD and Kyrie signed off I don't see the issue. They very easily could have blocked the move with the power todays players have.

Euroleague
09-10-2020, 06:12 AM
https://media4.giphy.com/media/Yn5nCc2zpvzWvmUsri/giphy.gif

Penetrator
09-10-2020, 08:27 AM
Can't stand Stephen a, flip flopping sell out piece of shit..

He's basically just a slave puppet

ArbitraryWater
09-10-2020, 09:12 AM
this beta male literally agreed with it

dumbass steve, if white privilege got you the job, why take it?

if it was that serious, then stop your shit talk about alerting to the issue "I hope im a great ally in that cause", are you retarded?

You just agreed to taking someone's job based on your race

stop white privilege, and decline the job offer.

what an idiot.

hold this L
09-10-2020, 09:34 AM
I don't understand today's society where people apologize for who they are rather than their actions.

Rolando
09-10-2020, 10:46 AM
Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving basically are the ones who made this coaching decision. If you want to complain about White Priviledge, direct your statements to the 2 black men who are responsible.

Patrick Chewing
09-10-2020, 11:01 AM
I don't understand today's society where people apologize for who they are rather than their actions.

We're headed towards Whites being treated as second-class citizens and the leaders of this movement are....other Whites :oldlol:

tpols
09-10-2020, 11:21 AM
what a ****ing cuck lol

WhiteKyrie
09-10-2020, 11:37 AM
what a ****ing cuck lol
Seriously. Kyrie and KD WANTED and ASKED for Nash. It's not due to white privilege, it's cause Nash was a bad boy. A HOFer, and two time MVP. What a POS to even insinuate that alone is why he got the job. Over sensitivity. Can you imagine a white anchor saying this about any person of color?

Turbo Slayer
09-10-2020, 11:52 AM
People need to hold themselves accountable for their actions and not feel sorry for themselves...

Lol at Nash...

DoctorP
09-10-2020, 12:50 PM
Privilege is earned

. That's what I was taught in school anyway

Driving is a privilege

dreamshake
09-10-2020, 08:55 PM
what a ****ing cuck lol

For some reason, I can't see Nash yelling at his players. He's pretty soft spoken. Not sure if that's a good thing for a coach.