PDA

View Full Version : Two Things

ArbitraryWater
09-04-2020, 09:00 PM
1) Bad look if Giannis gets the MVP. Still an unfinished product
2) If Giannis uses this series loss and team failure as excuse to team hop to a loaded team, he‘d reach KD levels of unlikeability.

This is on him. He‘s been dog shit.

His team is good.

ArbitraryWater
09-04-2020, 09:01 PM
Bucks led most of the night, still lost. All fraud-ish.

Bud massively ruined this series by having Giannis not play 40 minuted once.

Is Giannis even playing 38 mpg? Embarrassing time management.

light
09-04-2020, 09:02 PM
2) If Giannis uses this series loss and team failure as excuse to team hop to a loaded team, he‘d reach KD levels of unlikeability.

His team is good.

LeBron is the real MVP of 2020. Everyone knows this.

scuzzy
09-04-2020, 09:02 PM
ISH told me anyone can make the Finals out East

Doranku
09-04-2020, 09:03 PM
ISH told me Giannis was better than Kawhi. What happened???

FromDowntown
LeBron is the real MVP of 2020. Everyone knows this.

100%

Can you imagine choosing anyone else.

LBJ should have had the last 9 MVPs

Proctor

His team is good.
And you just know #2 will happen too.

This generation's most overrated player. Even more overrated than Harden.

FromDowntown
09-04-2020, 09:04 PM

Boom.gif

DMAVS41
09-04-2020, 09:04 PM
Look...he deserves shit for this...assuming they don't somehow make history.

But, again, evaluate his help...does he actually have championship help? Again, no excuse for this series...but this isn't a championship squad in terms of help imo.

I posted this in the other thread...the last two Bucks teams remind me a lot of the 06/07 Mavs. Really good teams, but just not legit championship level help historically.

starface
09-04-2020, 09:05 PM

:lebronamazed: :lebronamazed: :lebronamazed:

Ether.

Doranku
09-04-2020, 09:06 PM

But, again, evaluate his help...does he actually have championship help? Again, no excuse for this series...but this isn't a championship squad in terms of help imo.

I posted this in the other thread...the last two Bucks teams remind me a lot of the 06/07 Mavs. Really good teams, but just not legit championship level help historically.

They're getting decimated in the 2nd round by a 4th seed. Does the MVP/DPOY need a championship caliber squad to get past the 2nd round? I don't get it.

FromDowntown
09-04-2020, 09:06 PM

Take out Butler and Giannis

You want Miami's help over Milwaukee? No way

DMAVS41
09-04-2020, 09:08 PM
They're getting decimated in the 2nd round by a 4th seed. Does the MVP/DPOY need a championship caliber squad to get past the 2nd round? I don't get it.

Did you miss the part where I said..."again, no excuse for this series"????

DMAVS41
09-04-2020, 09:09 PM
Take out Butler and Giannis

You want Miami's help over Milwaukee? No way

I'd have to think about that.

But, again...I'm not talking about this series...I said absolutely no excuse.

Just like there was no excuse for Dirk in 07 playing poorly like that...but a lot of the issues were with the team and really not him. I think the same thing here.

CelticBaller
09-04-2020, 09:11 PM
Remember

No Excuses

imdaman99
09-04-2020, 09:11 PM
I like Middleton but I don't think he's a championship #2.

BigtimeNBAFan
09-04-2020, 09:12 PM

His team is good.

He certainly choked, but his team is not that good. He is a deserving MVP since the MVP is a regular season award and he took the bucks to the playoffs. The four best players on the Bucks besides the Greek Freak are Middleton, Bledsoe, Lopez and George Hill. That is not a good supporting cast. I'm not defending him since he certainly could have played better and has not been great this series, but the Bucks are fools gold even more than last year.

BigtimeNBAFan
09-04-2020, 09:13 PM

Lol, no. The Bucks roster is extremely flawed. Look, the Greek Freak has been bad this series for sure, but the Bucks were always fools gold. He would have to play truly special for them to win. He of course hasn't been special and deserves his share of blame for the loss.

tpols
09-04-2020, 09:14 PM

Championship help?

He's down 0-3 in the second round lmao. His team definitely put him in a position to win this game.

But it turns out... just bull rushing the rim for dunks and layups isn't an effective strategy for a first option player in half court playoff basketball.

Roundball_Rock
09-04-2020, 09:14 PM

Agreed. He would be a good #3 guy on a title team but is miscast as a #2 in an era where guys like Davis, Westbrook, and George are #2's on contenders.

DMAVS41
09-04-2020, 09:15 PM
Championship help?

He's down 0-3 in the second round lmao. His team definitely put him in a position to win.

But it turns out just bull rushing the rim for dunks and layups isn't an effective strategy for a first option player in half court playoff basketball.

So let me ask you this.

When Dirk lost in the first round in 07...was he just not capable (again, he deserves blame of course because he played like shit) or do you think it also maybe had something to do with his help/coaching?

tpols
09-04-2020, 09:18 PM
So let me ask you this.

When Dirk lost in the first round in 07...was he just not capable (again, he deserves blame of course because he played like shit) or do you think it also maybe had something to do with his help/coaching?

Dirk made the finals the year before playing lights out all time great vs a stacked san antonio spurs. It's embarrassing that you would ever compare Dirk as a first option offensive player to Giannis.

Giannis's failures aren't built off a one year anomaly failure that all great players have ~ kobe '04, lebron '11, magic '84, etc. He has fundamentally floundered in the playoffs over and over due to a lack of basketball skill.

Why would you deny this?

DMAVS41
09-04-2020, 09:26 PM
Dirk made the finals the year before playing lights out all time great vs a stacked san antonio spurs. It's embarrassing that you would ever compare Dirk as a first option offensive player to Giannis.

Giannis's failures aren't built off a one year anomaly failure that all great players have ~ kobe '04, lebron '11, magic '84, etc. He has fundamentally floundered in the playoffs over and over due to a lack of basketball skill.

Why would you deny this?

I'm not comparing the players...I already said Dirk clearly got more out of his teams.

I'm comparing the situations...I think you guys are over-rating his help because of elite regular season play/wins...which is largely because of Giannis. Which is similar to the 07 Mavs winning 67...I'm not saying Giannis was as good as Dirk.

NBAGOAT
09-04-2020, 09:26 PM

Why would you deny this?

well over and over is 2 years for giannis lol. Bron was bad in 2010 at the end too. Kobe and magic have other down years So yea you're right about his skill but you may need to hold off on these broad conclusions