PDA

View Full Version : Is Udonis Haslem the worst player to play 15+ seasons?

KennyPowers
09-05-2020, 07:51 AM
https://i.ibb.co/KDshYK4/IMG-20200905-064848.jpg

Gohan
09-05-2020, 07:53 AM
He should be ashamed of those ppg averages

Penetrator
09-05-2020, 08:26 AM
He's been washed since around 14.. how is he still on the roster?

aj1987
09-05-2020, 11:22 AM
He's been washed since around 14.. how is he still on the roster?

He was actually really good a while back. He has been washed since his foot injury in '10, IIRC. His midrange jump shot was automatic and he was an excellent defender prior to his injuries.

The only reason why the Heat keep resigning him is because he gave up a metric shit ton of money to make the big 3 happen. ~$20M, IIRC. They can't pay him under the table, so they just keep signing him for these contracts, which don't hurt the cap space and give him money as well.

Clifton
09-05-2020, 02:21 PM
He's a culture guy. Culture is big for the Heat. Look at that roster, it's nothing but badasses top to bottom. Haslem's one of the guys who holds it together.

It's hard to believe he averaged 12ppg once. On the other hand, I never totally understood why he fell out of the rotation so early. I thought he was a plus player still during the Heatles era but they wouldn't play him. I never understood why Joel Anthony got burn over him.

Micku
09-05-2020, 04:58 PM
He was actually really good a while back. He has been washed since his foot injury in '10, IIRC. His midrange jump shot was automatic and he was an excellent defender prior to his injuries.

The only reason why the Heat keep resigning him is because he gave up a metric shit ton of money to make the big 3 happen. ~$20M, IIRC. They can't pay him under the table, so they just keep signing him for these contracts, which don't hurt the cap space and give him money as well.

He's also a big time locker room leader. Everyone who has been on the team seem to have high respect for him even back in 2005. Shaq commented on how he really liked Haslem and listen to him. LeBron said something similar while he was on the team. Right now it seems like he is a player coach or motivational dude on the team.

But you're right that Haslem was a real good solid role player back in the day too. Automatic from the mid range. Solid D. Solid rebounder. I thought he was under appreciated back then, but he was never an all-star by any means.

I think the reason why he's still on the team is because of leadership. Almost everyone who played on the team respects him. He's part of the Miami Heat's culture.

aj1987
09-05-2020, 05:12 PM
He's also a big time locker room leader. Everyone who has been on the team seem to have high respect for him even back in 2005. Shaq commented on how he really liked Haslem and listen to him. LeBron said something similar while he was on the team. Right now it seems like he is a player coach or motivational dude on the team.

But you're right that Haslem was a real good solid role player back in the day too. Automatic from the mid range. Solid D. Solid rebounder. I thought he was under appreciated back then, but he was never an all-star by any means.

I think the reason why he's still on the team is because of leadership. Almost everyone who played on the team respects him. He's part of the Miami Heat's culture.

Yep. He was a massive presence in the locker room. Even when LeBron was in Miami. Haslem was always a leader!

Also, the only reason he's on the team is because Miami is trying to give him his due money back. He left a shit ton on money on the table to let the big 3 happen, and the team is paying back now.

ArbitraryWater
09-05-2020, 05:42 PM
He‘s still on the Heat?

LMAO

FireDavidKahn
09-05-2020, 05:52 PM
Immediately though of Joel Anthony but realized he only played 10.

KennyPowers
09-05-2020, 05:56 PM
I understand the Heat have kept him because he is a vet that basically can act as an assistant coach. As a physically abled bodied team member, I was just wondering if he is the worst player to be in the league this long

KennyPowers
09-05-2020, 06:00 PM
Immediately though of Joel Anthony but realized he only played 10.

Ben Wallace negative 10 point O

Joel Anthony was a very bad player