PDA

View Full Version : Is Jimmy Butler a better player then Giannis?

HBK_Kliq_2
09-05-2020, 02:13 PM
Think about it, Jimmy Butler played better against raptors last years playoffs then Giannis did against raptors.

This year, Jimmy Butler is up 3-0 on Giannis and is averaging 28/5/5 on 71% TS.

That's already two playoff series in the last year when Butler proved he's better then Giannis.

Gohan
09-05-2020, 02:20 PM
No,butler has more weapons on his team. Though butler is a straight up winner. Every team should want a jimmy butler

HBK_Kliq_2
09-05-2020, 02:22 PM
No,butler has more weapons on his team. Though butler is a straight up winner. Every team should want a jimmy butler

Dragic hasn't really been any better then Bledsoe for their careers. Jimmy is just straight up out playing Giannis. Bucks are getting outcoached, so that could be Giannis excuse.

HBK_Kliq_2
09-05-2020, 02:24 PM
Giannis also isn't even his teams #1 scorer this series, damn that's sad.

ThiccBoi
09-05-2020, 02:39 PM
Dragic hasn't really been any better then Bledsoe for their careers. Jimmy is just straight up out playing Giannis. Bucks are getting outcoached, so that could be Giannis excuse.

Is this a joke? Dragon playing like 5x better than Bledsoe

Bledsoe chokes every playoffs. Shoots like 20%

k0kakw0rld
09-05-2020, 02:43 PM
The Bulls had him and he did not lead them to anything. Stop!

HBK_Kliq_2
09-05-2020, 02:58 PM
Is this a joke? Dragon playing like 5x better than Bledsoe

Bledsoe chokes every playoffs. Shoots like 20%

Brooke Lopez is putting up 20PPG on 78% TS

Middelton is averaging more PPG then Giannis

So Giannis is the 3rd best scorer, yet you're arguing for a supporting cast? GTFO

HBK_Kliq_2
09-05-2020, 03:01 PM

He lost to LeBron/Irving in 6 games with Derrick Rose putting up 45% TS. Not sure how that's a knock on Butler.

Im so nba'd out
09-05-2020, 03:37 PM
Shockingly yes...Stats really do lie.This series officially ended the debate for me.

Not only did Jimmy Butler our play giannis vs Toronto (the same team).He is outplaying him head up.

I scrapped my top 10 list.That shit means nothing anymore, playoffs really is a different monster

HBK_Kliq_2
09-05-2020, 03:44 PM
Shockingly yes...Stats really do lie.This series officially ended the debate for me.

Not only did Jimmy Butler our play giannis vs Toronto (the same team).He is outplaying him head up.

I scrapped my top 10 list.That shit means nothing anymore, playoffs really is a different monster

Exactly. Giannis only argument is reg season at this point. Even reg season, butler carried Wiggins and towns to playoffs.

Whoah10115
09-05-2020, 04:13 PM
Butler has been much better but Dragic is a better player than Bledsoe, through their careers and right now.

Roundball_Rock
09-05-2020, 07:04 PM
No, but he has had a better series and Butler is showing he is better than people give him credit for. Butler was compared to George weeks ago. George has never shown this gear in the playoffs, though.

STATUTORY
09-05-2020, 07:18 PM
easily. flawed players that put up good stats in the regulara season is nothing impressive

tpols
09-05-2020, 07:23 PM

The main difference in that 2015 Cleveland series was kyrie vs rose. Kyrie had positive splits with a 114 ORTG. Rose? Negative splits with 102 ORTG. In a 6 game series that made all the difference. LBJ shot 39% vs Butler... that's unheard of for him. He didn't even have positive splits and sported a paltry 100 ORTG which is waaay below his career average. There's nothing more Jimmy could do besides locking up Bron, and playing well himself (112 ORTG), while having his sidekick shoot like shit. (shocker for rose huh?)

And now we see multiple times Butler totally outplay and dismantle Giannis. You cant just bull rush the dude. He's the counter to that play style, and can outshoot them on the other end.

CTbasketball92
09-05-2020, 09:33 PM
Jimmy Butler is putting up 28/5/5 on 71 TS% with 2 steals great defense and only 2 turnovers. He's outplaying Giannis. His team is maybe a bit better in a vacuum, but that's not enough of an excuse. Giannis honestly is kind of a fraud until further notice.

He's made every big play so far. I do think Miami has shown itself to have better role players and Dragic has outplayed Bledsoe pretty soundly.

But Middleton is technically the second best player. Idk.

CTbasketball92
09-05-2020, 09:45 PM
To be clear, Jimmy is NOT better player than Giannis.

Giannis brings so much regular season value I'd estimate that he could bring any team to 50 wins, and that's rare. He's a defensive anchor who can average 30 ppg on 62 TS% in 30 minutes per game. That's insane. That's so much regular season value that you're guaranteed to get the best seed possible for your team which puts you in the best situation. You can't just throw that away.

That said Jimmy is clearly outplaying Giannis. Giannis can't hit free throws, has no scoring moves, no real ISO game. Not that inventive a passer. Not that creative. This is the second consecutive year he's just been thoroughly outplayed by an elite two-way wing. I've never seen such a dominant MVP get outplayed this decisively, let alone twice in a row. The MVP is a regular season award, but this is proof that it doesn't have to mean anything.

Bronbron23
09-05-2020, 09:55 PM
Think about it, Jimmy Butler played better against raptors last years playoffs then Giannis did against raptors.

This year, Jimmy Butler is up 3-0 on Giannis and is averaging 28/5/5 on 71% TS.

That's already two playoff series in the last year when Butler proved he's better then Giannis.

no bro just no. Jimmy is nice and i like him alot. Hes finally in a place that suits his game and personality but hes no greek. Hes perfect for that team though

E_Stamkos
09-05-2020, 10:23 PM
What Jimmy lacks in talent, he makes up for in ballsac.

Let dude play on my team any day.

It comes as no surprise that he dipped from Minny and Philly in a hurry. He doesn't jive with that generation z, bitch pancake bullshit.

Dude is a player.