PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of Rajon Rondo's role on the Lakers?

insidehoops
09-05-2020, 04:49 PM
What should Rajon Rondo's place in the Lakers rotation be, and how big should his role be going forward in the Rockets series?

Some words on Rondo's return: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=23600

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
09-05-2020, 04:56 PM
Hes the scapegoat but hes been great for us all year

His swag and IQ are so important for us this season and will be this series too

NBAGOAT
09-05-2020, 04:58 PM
if hes getting minutes it can be in those 2 big lineups.

AirTupac
09-05-2020, 05:04 PM

What the fvck is this? He's been a part of the worst rotations we've had all season!!! He has been bad other than a handful of games. Stfu retard

Tobio-Star
09-05-2020, 09:48 PM
Im f*cking pissed he didnt comeback in the 1st round!!!! Stupid back injury...

He is still rusty so now Vogel has to make him play a significant amount of time which is necessary for him to get back on track but also detrimental to the team as he is more of a liability within that period of time

Hard to figure this out but I trust Vogel for this

Tobio-Star
09-05-2020, 09:51 PM
From what Iven seen, he is a very good defender and his playmaking can be huge for us. Well definitely need him at 100% especially going up against the Flippers

RealSkipBayless
09-05-2020, 10:11 PM

:roll:

SATAN
09-05-2020, 10:24 PM
He doesn't need to be on the floor with LeBron. He doesn't need to be cutting into Caruso's minutes. He's not the defender or scorer he used to be although is ok sometimes. He often slows the momentum down and gets lost on defense yet Vogel seems to want to play him more minutes than he deserves. He doesn't fit with the team very well and only has a good game before having another few bad ones. I remember various times during the season where he would avoid passing to an open Kuzma for some reason (he's open..don't just look away, dribble down the shot clock and force someone to take a worse shot). He is difficult to watch. I just hope he punches James Harden. Surprised Dion hasn't gotten more play time as the Lakers need an offensive push now and then, although that comes with another set of issues.

Tobio-Star
09-05-2020, 11:44 PM
He doesn't need to be on the floor with LeBron. He doesn't need to be cutting into Caruso's minutes. He's not the defender or scorer he used to be although is ok sometimes. He often slows the momentum down and gets lost on defense yet Vogel seems to want to play him more minutes than he deserves. He doesn't fit with the team very well and only has a good game before having another few bad ones. I remember various times during the season where he would avoid passing to an open Kuzma for some reason (he's open..don't just look away, dribble down the shot clock and force someone to take a worse shot). He is difficult to watch. I just hope he punches James Harden. Surprised Dion hasn't gotten more play time as the Lakers need an offensive push now and then, although that comes with another set of issues.

Agreed, him being on the floor with LeBron is not necessary at all. He is supposed to replace LeBron when he goes to the bench if anything.

But I think playoffs Rondo is a real thing. When stakes are higher, he plays like his life depends on it. He goes to the basket at will, makes high IQ decision and plays goat level D.

We NEED Rondo at 100%

Shooter
09-05-2020, 11:57 PM

Lakers need a formidable third scoring option if they want to win a chip. Someone that can capture points in bunches from time-to-time because right now Karl Kuzma's 10.8 is not cutting it

dreamshake
09-06-2020, 12:03 AM
When healthy, Rondo is the third best player on this Lakers team. He has the second highest basketball IQ on this Lakers team and has proven playoff experience.

Rondo should be playing 30 minutes a night regardless whether he starts or not. Especially as another playmaker next to Lebron to save his energy on offense. Rondo needs to be on the floor at the same time as LeBron so Lebron can showcase his scoring skills.

Lakers best closing lineup is:
Rondo
Pope
Kuzma
James
Davis

Tobio-Star
09-06-2020, 12:04 AM
Lakers need a formidable third scoring option if they want to win a chip. Someone that can capture points in bunches from time-to-time because right now Karl Kuzma's 10.8 is not cutting it

Kuzma fell back into his bad habits since the strike ended. But Im not really worried. If you watched all the games he played in the bubble and the 1st round, he made a ton of improvements especially with his defense and his 3pt shot.

Marchesk
09-06-2020, 12:10 AM
Chuck 5 threes a game to provide Lebron more spacing?

ImKobe
09-06-2020, 08:41 AM
He's been a non-factor on the court for most of the season per all analytics and eye test and was mediocre in his first game back against the Rockets, but he's a highly-experienced vet who's shown the ability to produce in high-pressure situations, though I'm not sure whether he's at that point with him having missed so much time this season, this was his first game in nearly 6 months. I don't like the idea of him shooting too many 3s in crucial Playoff games, he's improved that shot and made one at the start of the 4th to cut it to 5 but I don't trust him. He is the 2nd playmaker that we were missing for when James rests though.

FireDavidKahn
09-06-2020, 08:46 AM
Rondo is horrid.

ThatCoolKid
09-06-2020, 11:13 AM
He should only play when Lebron is on the bench. Caruso should be closing the game over Rondo. Rondo is a net negative unless he's making 3s, which is rarely. His defense is awful. His playmaking is only decent in transition and hitting lob threats, is largely overrated. Rondo should never be on the floor while Lebron is playing.

FireDavidKahn
09-06-2020, 09:33 PM
https://twitter.com/jackfrank_jjf/status/1302780328080072705:bowdown::bowdown:

AlternativeAcc.
09-06-2020, 09:43 PM
I dont.

dreamshake
09-06-2020, 11:11 PM
A lot of people look stupid in this thread. Playoff Rondo is a thing. Told y'all from the beginning.

jayfan
09-06-2020, 11:19 PM
A lot of people look stupid in this thread. Playoff Rondo is a thing. Told y'all from the beginning.

People always look stupid talking about Coach Rondo. He's over their heads. Playing chess while everyone else plays checkers. Clinic playoff point guard performance.

The posts in this thread are just embarrassingly naive.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
09-07-2020, 01:09 AM
What the fvck is this? He's been a part of the worst rotations we've had all season!!! He has been bad other than a handful of games. Stfu retard

Nice call Bosnian rat:lol

GimmeThat
09-07-2020, 02:49 AM
most likely provides more value than any not top 3-picks over the next 3-4 years in the drafts for the Lakers

light
09-07-2020, 03:12 AM
What should Rajon Rondo's place in the Lakers rotation be, and how big should his role be going forward in the Rockets series?

Some words on Rondo's return: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=23600

He backs up LeBron at point, which is what he should be doing.

Sometimes he plays alongside LeBron, which is also an advantage for the Lakers because they're the two smartest players in the building and when they're on the floor together it creates an IQ advantage.

He's also part of their small ball counter lineup, which is also smart.

Rondo has been doing this all season - just as he was in this game, he's 3rd on the team behind LeBron and AD in average points accounted for per game (points+assist points created).

FromDowntown
09-09-2020, 12:08 AM

:roll: :roll: