PDA

View Full Version : This Rockets series is a blessing in disguise for the Lakers

Tobio-Star
09-06-2020, 11:52 PM
Imagine if they played against OKC. They would have simply annihilated them and there would have been no real challenge.

I see this as a training before the Clippers series. Houston is shooting very well so it will teach Vogel how to guard the 3pt line better.

They also defend well and probably even better than the Clippers so if we can overcome this its gonna be very promising for the WCF

At first I was rooting for OKC but when I think about it, the basketball gods really gave us a gift by playing Houston :bowdown:

Tobio-Star
09-06-2020, 11:55 PM
Oh and one more thing, that ring is gonna taste so much sweeter :cheers:

Gileraracer
09-07-2020, 10:30 AM
Oh and one more thing, that ring is gonna taste so much sweeter :cheers:

and ADs finals MVP as well

ImKobe
09-07-2020, 10:59 AM
Agreed, it gives the Lakers some burn with their small ball line-ups, which probably wouldn't have happened much against OKC.

Tobio-Star
09-07-2020, 12:59 PM
Agreed, it gives the Lakers some burn with their small ball line-ups, which probably wouldn't have happened much against OKC.

Yup. We also saw what they looked like after 1 week off. If they were playing OKC they wouldnt have gotten that wake up call they got in G1.

Rest is good but slightly overrated. A team like the Lakers that relies so much on chemistry needs to be in rhythm as much as possible.

Kiddlovesnets
09-07-2020, 01:06 PM
Not necessarily, theres also a chance the Rockets may wear the Lakers out and even cause a few injuries due to fatigue. Remember what happened to Durant last year, he was forced to play 45 mins a game and in the end couldnt withstand the load and hurt his achilles.

Tobio-Star
09-07-2020, 01:11 PM
Not necessarily, theres also a chance the Rockets may wear the Lakers out and even cause a few injuries due to fatigue. Remember what happened to Durant last year, he was forced to play 45 mins a game and in the end couldnt withstand the load and hurt his achilles.

I get that but its worth the risk imo. You dont want to go against the Clippers not knowing how to guard the 3pt line while being sloppy

If there are adjustments to be made, it must be done NOW

Kiddlovesnets
09-07-2020, 01:39 PM
I get that but its worth the risk imo. You dont want to go against the Clippers not knowing how to guard the 3pt line while being sloppy

If there are adjustments to be made, it must be done NOW

You dont learn how to guard the 3pt line during the playoffs, thats what you do in regular season to figure things out and practice. If they havent sorted this out during the 60-80 regular season games, theres little chance they suddenly understand something better in the post-season.