PDA

View Full Version : I can't stand Lebron, but I have a theory on how he's holding up

Walk on Water
09-07-2020, 05:08 AM
Lebron is no doubt a remarkable athlete. A bit heavy like Zion, but impressive at times. He can still get up and down the court when he chooses too. He doesn't look as smooth doing it because he's big, but in bursts he can do impressive things.

But how does he get his way often? It's almost not fair because he is a big guy that can explode to the basket (at times) but he gets to use his shoulders to bulldoze his way. There were many times where he was knocking his defender 3 to 6 inches back. It's almost not fair, because nobody else plays that way. Perhaps not many CAN play that way, but still, that's not really basketball. That's more like football.

Can you imagine if that was called an offensive foul every time? You're not supposed to be allowed to just knock your defenders backwards.

Wait a minute, think about what I'm saying. Even one of my friends asked me how Lebron's ''size'' helps him when there are other players that are taller than him. I couldn't really explain it but I said that he's strong and hard to guard. My friend asked me if bulldozing your defenders is a foul. I couldn't argue with him. That's how Lebron is able to use his size. He literally bulldozes his defenders. How effective do you think Lebron would be if he had to make shots the more traditional ways?

GimmeThat
09-07-2020, 05:37 AM
you mean the guy that's currently not even in the top 250 in fouls committed during the regular season, and #13 in the playoffs?

bullettooth
09-07-2020, 08:33 AM
They never have called offensive fouls on him before. Why would they start now? If the game was called the way it should be, LeBron would foul out of the game every game or be a completely different player. Thats not going to change because hes the leagues biggest money maker.

LeBron doesnt play basketball. He's a football player disguised as one. Why else does he get away with shit like this (and often gets a foul called in his favor)

https://i.postimg.cc/NjK4Jy9c/lebron-stiffarm.gif

MaxPlayer
09-07-2020, 08:46 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/3oEjHCWdU7F4hkcudy/giphy.gif

Dave3
09-07-2020, 09:00 AM
LeBron gets away with offensive fouls.

Now that's a brand new take that's totally not been repeated weekly since 2009. Original theory.

Lebron23
09-07-2020, 09:19 AM
They never have called offensive fouls on him before. Why would they start now? If the game was called the way it should be, LeBron would foul out of the game every game or be a completely different player. Thats not going to change because hes the leagues biggest money maker.

LeBron doesnt play basketball. He's a football player disguised as one. Why else does he get away with shit like this (and often gets a foul called in his favor)

Bully Ball

ImKobe
09-07-2020, 09:19 AM
LeBron gets away with offensive fouls.

Now that's a brand new take that's totally not been repeated weekly since 2009. Original theory.

Every superstar does. Giannis, Harden & Doncic get away with just as much shit. It's how the league is.

Walk on Water
09-07-2020, 02:43 PM
Bully Ball

He bulldozed him 3 times on that play! I swear that’s Lebron’s biggest strength.

sdot_thadon
09-07-2020, 02:46 PM
All superstars are allowed to bend if not outright break rules other guys can't. Lebron makes it tough in a similar way that Shaq did because of his strength. For all the bulldozing he gets away with, he probably doesn't get half the foul calls he deserves....

Trollsmasher
09-07-2020, 02:50 PM
not every use of a shoulder or even an elbow is an offensive foul

LeBron is pretty good at straddling the line and it just looks worse because these are guys are much weaker

FromDowntown
09-07-2020, 02:50 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/3oEjHCWdU7F4hkcudy/giphy.gif[/

PCCM_29
09-07-2020, 02:52 PM

Newton's 3rd Law of Physics: for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

When you watch Lebron drive, he is giving just about an equal but opposite push against his defender, but its more like 60% Lebron to the hoop against 40% Defender against Lebron.

So it's subtle, and not egregious enough to call an offensive foul.

Why don't other players do that? They CAN'T. Lebron uses his strength and skill to apply just enough pressure while controlling ball to drive and make his buckets.

It's bulldozing, but with flashes of finesse.

highwhey
09-07-2020, 02:55 PM
He bulldozed him 3 times on that play! I swear that’s Lebron’s biggest strength.

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/959d013412e972ca7508f92ecbf4d28a2b2d9e0d/c=0-30-675-930/local/-/media/USATODAY/popcandy/2013/12/05//1386275728000-Macaulay-Culkin-Home-Alone-the-good-son-my-girl-macaulay-culkin-31171548-675-1000.jpg?width=300&height=400&fit=crop&format=pjpg&auto=webp OH NO!

PP34Deuce
09-07-2020, 04:25 PM
Zion is heavy and uneven. Lebron James structurally is great and he has a high iq and knows his body. To be 6 8 260 and jumping high u never see him land hard.

Walk on Water
09-07-2020, 04:37 PM
Newton's 3rd Law of Physics: for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

When you watch Lebron drive, he is giving just about an equal but opposite push against his defender, but its more like 60% Lebron to the hoop against 40% Defender against Lebron.

So it's subtle, and not egregious enough to call an offensive foul.

Why don't other players do that? They CAN'T. Lebron uses his strength and skill to apply just enough pressure while controlling ball to drive and make his buckets.

It's bulldozing, but with flashes of finesse.

Bulldozing shouldn't be allowed. Maybe other players can't, but they were never supposed to.

Walk on Water
09-07-2020, 04:38 PM
I hate Lebron's game!!!! It's not basketball! He really stresses me out.

Lakers Legend#32
09-07-2020, 05:04 PM
LeBron is God. The sooner you peons understand this, the better.

Walk on Water
09-07-2020, 06:24 PM
LeBron is God. The sooner you peons understand this, the better.

Tell him to stop bulldozing!

Axe
09-07-2020, 07:14 PM
I hate Lebron's game!!!! It's not basketball! He really stresses me out.
Interesting.

But if you don't mind, could you please elaborate further?

SATAN
09-07-2020, 08:03 PM
OP is a ****ing weirdo. Not sure why he chose to use this shtick but it's not remotely interesting or even annoying enough to be considered clever trolling.

BigtimeNBAFan
09-07-2020, 10:03 PM
Hey at least this is a more entertaining take than "40 point playoff games don't matter" like some other hate lebron threads.

julizaver
09-08-2020, 02:48 AM
Lebron is no doubt a remarkable athlete. A bit heavy like Zion, but impressive at times. He can still get up and down the court when he chooses too. He doesn't look as smooth doing it because he's big, but in bursts he can do impressive things.

But how does he get his way often? It's almost not fair because he is a big guy that can explode to the basket (at times) but he gets to use his shoulders to bulldoze his way. There were many times where he was knocking his defender 3 to 6 inches back. It's almost not fair, because nobody else plays that way. Perhaps not many CAN play that way, but still, that's not really basketball. That's more like football.

Can you imagine if that was called an offensive foul every time? You're not supposed to be allowed to just knock your defenders backwards.

Wait a minute, think about what I'm saying. Even one of my friends asked me how Lebron's ''size'' helps him when there are other players that are taller than him. I couldn't really explain it but I said that he's strong and hard to guard. My friend asked me if bulldozing your defenders is a foul. I couldn't argue with him. That's how Lebron is able to use his size. He literally bulldozes his defenders. How effective do you think Lebron would be if he had to make shots the more traditional ways?

I would say some other thing. You can have naturally the size, but you should develop your body as well, Lebron was not born like we look at him now. To be remarkable athlete at 35 requires a lot of effort of the field and we all know how Lebron invest in his body. Keep hitting the courts been 260 pounds guy day in and day out with almost every year playing 20+ games because of the postseason and in his 17th season is not something you have for granted. And also of course he si going to use his size and frame as advantage, why not - if MJ was with his frame he would do the same. I don't know why people wonders of the way Lebron is playing, as this is the most normal thing to expect. :confusedshrug:

Walk on Water
09-08-2020, 03:30 PM
I would say some other thing. You can have naturally the size, but you should develop your body as well, Lebron was not born like we look at him now. To be remarkable athlete at 35 requires a lot of effort of the field and we all know how Lebron invest in his body. Keep hitting the courts been 260 pounds guy day in and day out with almost every year playing 20+ games because of the postseason and in his 17th season is not something you have for granted. And also of course he si going to use his size and frame as advantage, why not - if MJ was with his frame he would do the same. I don't know why people wonders of the way Lebron is playing, as this is the most normal thing to expect. :confusedshrug:

Check out Karceno's video. He's complaining about what Lebron is getting away with too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00ePG_oDCng

Yes Lebron has strength, but this is supposed to be basketball, not football. Name me 5 other players that use their strength the way Lebron does. It's okay to use your size when you're posting up. Lebron uses it while he's driving to the basket. That isn't right. How are you supposed to stop that? The officiating is one way. He's allowed to use his arm, but if others do the same it's a foul.

Think of it this way. They say he's a locomotive, a freight train. Why would that matter if you're not gonna get run over? It's because they let Lebron play that way.

light
09-08-2020, 05:19 PM
LeBron makes most of his shots in traditional ways.

If he bulldozes he gets called for a charge. If you get to the spot late, you lose.