PDA

View Full Version : I get what Wade is saying here but I think I’d have trouble retiring because of it.

Kblaze8855
09-08-2020, 04:37 PM
https://youtu.be/qofyG8DA5jc

When you were truly great like he was I’m sure it’s embarrassing to see the next generation just running circles around you. And no doubt my opinion is through a lens of someone who was never there to begin with....and isn’t sitting on 100+ million.

That said?

Star fox isn’t putting me out the league. Run on by. I’ll be standing there on my Bernie Mac shit:

https://youtu.be/tU51KjfvIzk

”**** them kids”.

You would have to pry me out of the league. Once you’re out you’re out. Still young by real life standards. I’d hang around till you can’t be sure I’m not actually an assistant coach like Juwan Howard in Miami or Avery Johnson on the Mavs. You would see the camera pan by me and ask people “He not still playing is he!” like you probably did those first few times you saw Popeye Jones or Sam Cassell on the end of a bench and then to your relief...they actually were assistant coaches.

Im not quitting shit. Catch me pouring sweat for no good reason after 4 minutes of PT like Ewing on the Magic.

You imagine you could go out knowing you had more in the tank?

Like I said having a career/money like Wade would make it easier....but not being able to envision that really....nah.

Im not walking away when I can play 4 more years.

Im surprised Karl Malone didn’t stick around to pass Kareem. He seemed the stubborn old man type.

Gohan
09-08-2020, 05:18 PM
https://youtu.be/qofyG8DA5jc

When you were truly great like he was I’m sure it’s embarrassing to see the next generation just running circles around you. And no doubt my opinion is through a lens of someone who was never there to begin with....and isn’t sitting on 100+ million.

That said?

Star fox isn’t putting me out the league. Run on by. I’ll be standing there on my Bernie Mac shit:

https://youtu.be/tU51KjfvIzk

”**** them kids”.

You would have to pry me out of the league. Once you’re out you’re out. Still young by real life standards. I’d hang around till you can’t be sure I’m not actually an assistant coach like Juwan Howard in Miami or Avery Johnson on the Mavs. You would see the camera pan by me and ask people “He not still playing is he!” like you probably did those first few times you saw Popeye Jones or Sam Cassell on the end of a bench and then to your relief...they actually were assistant coaches.

Im not quitting shit. Catch me pouring sweat for no good reason after 4 minutes of PT like Ewing on the Magic.

You imagine you could go out knowing you had more in the tank?

Like I said having a career/money like Wade would make it easier....but not being able to envision that really....nah.

Im not walking away when I can play 4 more years.

Im surprised Karl Malone didn’t stick around to pass Kareem. He seemed the stubborn old man type.

I can understand how some players said iverson ran them out the league but de’aron fox? You have to be kidding. That’s kind of weak on wades part

BigtimeNBAFan
09-08-2020, 05:24 PM
Many stars leave with more in the tank. Michael Jordan probably could have played until he was 45 and been a passable NBA player. He certainly could have played at a high level beyond the 98 season. Crazy he retired then. If he hated Jerry Krause so bad, the best revenge would have been to go to another team and really make Krause look bad by winning a title with another team.

Very few stars leave like KG left where there was just nothing there.

Kblaze8855
09-08-2020, 05:28 PM
KG wasn’t shit the last 3 years but made 29 million. That’s how you pad a kids trust fund.

insidious301
09-08-2020, 05:34 PM
"At the end of the day, you're entertainers. I miss the ability to raise 20 thousand people up in the arena. Having the ball in my hand and controlling someones night."

Wade is on point. Especially with internet player haters and trolls. It is even more pronounced with a global icon like LeBron.

Roundball_Rock
09-08-2020, 06:11 PM
Parish and Moses did that--they were like 9 MPG guys at the end of their careers. That was kind of sad to see, though. Same with Darrell Waltrip in NASCAR--a 3x champion running 38th every week.

HylianNightmare
09-08-2020, 06:17 PM
Vince, Haslam, Dirk. That's the way to go