PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma City coach Billy Donovan won’t be returning to the Thunder next season

francesco totti
09-08-2020, 09:04 PM
ESPN Sources: Oklahoma City coach Billy Donovan won’t be returning to the Thunder next season. Donovan’s contract expired at season’s end and the sides have decided against pursuing an extension.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1303498899034984449

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
09-08-2020, 09:06 PM
CP3 gone too

This was their best season post KD

Theyll be a lottery team for years to come now

NBAGOAT
09-08-2020, 09:07 PM
a sign that okc is going to full rebuild. Wonder which guys they keep. paul's the obvious piece but gallinari can fetch something in a s/t, schroder is good enough to start for someone. i think adams is tough to move but he has a year left

BigtimeNBAFan
09-08-2020, 09:19 PM
CP3 gone too

This was their best season post KD

Theyll be a lottery team for years to come now

That is a good thing. They have been a first round exit 4 years in a row. Chris Paul has been good, but he isn't going to lead you far going forward. He'll be 36 next year. Time to rebuild. A contender will trade picks for CP3.

Doranku
09-08-2020, 09:21 PM
Awful, awful NBA coach. I'd be surprised if he found another job.

Axe
09-08-2020, 09:22 PM
Bulls' front office should go out to hunt this man down now

CelticBaller
09-08-2020, 09:29 PM

I’d argue he has done a great job with the shitty teams he had

Yes I said it. Westbrook and PG were a terrible combination of talent, both playoff chokers

BigtimeNBAFan
09-08-2020, 09:41 PM

You could argue he underachieved in 2018 and 2019, but I wouldn't say he is an awful coach. At the end of the day it is a players league and Westbrook and George didn't get it done. 2018 was embarrassing with how bad Westbrook and George shot. Even more embarrassing by how they let rookie Donovan Mitchell completely dominate them. Yeah part of it is coaching, but established stars got to step up. They are beyond coaching.

AlternativeAcc.
09-08-2020, 09:52 PM
Presti trades Harden for a bag of peanuts

The dominoes have been falling ever since

Worst move in NBA history... in hindsight trading Westbrook would've been the best move in history. But even at the time, Ibaka was always the guy that was expendable/should've been traded. That's not even hindsight. I can't believe that nerd traded Harden for a rental of Kevin Martin and a pick that winded up being the putrid Steven Adams. My god!!!

imdaman99
09-08-2020, 09:54 PM
Wow Chris Paul disappearing act was the nail in the coffin for poor Billy D. He never had a chance. Everyone said Chris Paul was the coach and Billy D had his secrit formula play calling.

Axe
09-08-2020, 09:55 PM
You think he's more awful than an egghead like boylen? Lol