PDA

View Full Version : Rondo is WAY better than Westbrook

tpols
09-08-2020, 11:30 PM
This is a joke.

Rondo is so in control. Offensively and defensively. He always makes the right play.

OTOH, Westbrook is a disaster. A tasmanian devil of illiterate basketball skill.

I cant believe the Rockets let go of CHRIS PAUL. Whose a rich man's Rondo.

They ****ed up.

Doranku
09-08-2020, 11:32 PM
RoNdo WaS a BaD SiGnIng

Told ya'll. Playoff Rondo is not a myth.

NBAGOAT
09-08-2020, 11:35 PM
playing in a hurry or "out of control" isnt necessarily always a bad thing but yea westbrook just makes too many negative plays. nash played fast and was a little more turnover prone but i take him on offense over paul

Gudo
09-08-2020, 11:37 PM
Westbrook’s game is not gonna age well.

Kblaze8855
09-08-2020, 11:44 PM
This place must be the overreaction capital of the internet every playoffs. I was having to argue with people claiming Rondo shouldn’t even be in nba anymore as far back as maybe 2014. Never a reasonable middle of the road take. Everyone being talked about is garbage or belongs on Mt Rushmore. Read the shit said here about Rondo after game 1. Vogel needing to be fired for putting him on the floor. Now I’m sure he will be Jason Kidd for 2 days.

imdaman99
09-08-2020, 11:44 PM
You act like the Rockets are supposed to win this series. They are playing Lebron who isn't missing a shot and is blocking everything.

Roundball_Rock
09-08-2020, 11:45 PM
Westbrook, a former MVP, with 30/8/6. What a bum! :facepalm

BigtimeNBAFan
09-08-2020, 11:45 PM
They are playing the best player in the world, but the expectations with Houston should be to win this series with Harden and Westbrook. In fact it is since Dantoni will be canned after they lose this series.

Marchesk
09-08-2020, 11:48 PM
Westbrook and Harden were the only two players on the Rockets who could consistently get shots.

Marchesk
09-08-2020, 11:49 PM

Didn't he have a nice block on one of Rondo's layup attempt in the 4th also?

HBK_Kliq_2
09-08-2020, 11:51 PM
Lottery team: rather have Westbrook

Contender team: rather have Rondo

tpols
09-08-2020, 11:55 PM
This place must be the overreaction capital of the internet every playoffs. I was having to argue with people claiming Rondo shouldn’t even be in nba anymore as far back as maybe 2014. Never a reasonable middle of the road take. Everyone being talked about is garbage or belongs on Mt Rushmore. Read the shit said here about Rondo after game 1. Vogel needing to be fired for putting him on the floor. Now I’m sure he will be Jason Kidd for 2 days.

yea a couple retards argued rondo sucked here. Thought they were smarter than Frank Vogel, a veteran coach.

So what?

Kblaze8855
09-08-2020, 11:58 PM
Nothing. Their opinions mean no more or less than yours. Just two extremes its probably best to ignore.

tpols
09-09-2020, 12:02 AM
Not at all.

The metrics back me up. They don't back you up.

And neither does the eye test. At all. We both watched.

Kblaze8855
09-09-2020, 12:06 AM
I dont need anything to back me up. I dont google my opinions to find out what they are. I dont even care what you think about this particular matchup. I just laugh at the massive overreactions both ways.

Like I said....I was in long arguments trying to explain how absurd it was to think Rondo shouldnt be in the NBA anymore...5 years ago.

ISH extremists are pretty much always wrong. Some are also funny with it....but its rare.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
09-09-2020, 12:07 AM
Regular season = Westbrick better
Playoffs = Rondo better

its always been that way

LAmbruh
09-09-2020, 12:14 AM

:yaohappy:

The behemoth juggernaut of Westbrook's Thunder, the goliath of Hardens Rockets.

Decade. Long. Playoff. Contenders.

Wild Wild West!

https://media.giphy.com/media/tMyCJmeXHBetq/giphy.gif

Roundball_Rock
09-09-2020, 12:20 AM
Not at all.

The metrics back me up. They don't back you up.

And neither does the eye test. At all. We both watched.

This is someone who thinks Ewing was better than LeBron. Talking metrics, doe.

BigtimeNBAFan
09-09-2020, 12:22 AM
Westbrook actually played well tonight. All 4 superstars did their job. The gameball belongs to Rondo. He played like a great 3rd option while no 3rd option for the Rockets emerged.

scuzzy
09-09-2020, 12:26 AM
"This is a joke"

LMAO dude can't even hold his tears back.

Raging at Kblaze

10/10 meltdown :oldlol:

tpols
09-09-2020, 12:28 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk4IrgUWxK0

warriorfan
09-09-2020, 12:33 AM
Some get stats. Some get W’s.

Russell is the former, Rondo is the later.

Lol @ Simon btw. Crawling out of his incel dungeon to protect his boy Westbrook. Lmaooooo. Dude used to be an OKC fan. Stanned 3 complete bums, jumped ship to be a LeBron stan, that didn’t work out for him, now he just jacks off and plays xbox all day. At least he doesn’t post as much as he used to. That’s nice.

talkingconch
09-09-2020, 12:36 AM
https://wallpapercave.com/wp/wp4266699.jpg

JohnMax
09-09-2020, 03:59 AM
Rondo steps up to guard star players

Westbrook gives up switches and uses team fouls to avoid guarding star players

Rondo gets teammates involved

Westbrook makes sure teammates never feel involved by jacking up a lot of shots, turning over ball at a high rate, killing ball movement, rhythm and pace

Lakers Legend#32
09-09-2020, 04:54 AM
Westbrook will win scoring titles and MVPs but nothing more.

jayfan
09-09-2020, 08:18 AM

Right.

And never mind that Game 1 was Rondo's first game since March. Can't be bothered with that excuse.

ImKobe
09-09-2020, 08:21 AM

That's just how it is. People have already made up their minds, and will jump at the first opportunity to tell you about it, whether the sample size is 1 quarter or 1 game or 1 series.

StrongLurk
09-09-2020, 09:02 AM
I'm shocked Rondo just put two great games together against the Rockets in the playoffs...he has legit been a bad player for the Lakers in regular season. Eye test, advanced stats, etc. all said he was not good, AND he was injury prone as well.

And yet, he just did what he did and provided immense value...idk what to say except playoff Rondo truly might be alive. When was the last time he played this good when it mattered? 4-5 year ago?

With regards to the actual OP, no Rondo is not better than Westbrook lol.

jayfan
09-09-2020, 09:11 AM
I'm shocked Rondo just put two great games together against the Rockets in the playoffs...he has legit been a bad player for the Lakers in regular season. Eye test, advanced stats, etc. all said he was not good, AND he was injury prone as well.

And yet, he just did what he did and provided immense value...idk what to say except playoff Rondo truly might be alive. When was the last time he played this good when it mattered? 4-5 year ago?

With regards to the actual OP, no Rondo is not better than Westbrook lol.

Lol. Do some of you actually not follow the league? Just things that you stan?

2018 he led the Pelicans to their best season, swept the Blazers in the first round as a 6 v. 3, and saved Gentry's job for another two years (unfortunately for Pelican fans).

StrongLurk
09-09-2020, 09:20 AM
Lol. Do some of you actually not follow the league? Just things that you stan?

2018 he led the Pelicans to their best season, swept the Blazers in the first round as a 6 v. 3, and saved Gentry's job for another two years (unfortunately for Pelican fans).

Ah my bad, I thought that series happened longer ago for some reason. Before that series, we pretty much have to go back to Boston in 2012 lol.

jayfan
09-09-2020, 09:27 AM
Ah my bad, I thought that series happened longer ago for some reason. Before that series, we pretty much have to go back to Boston in 2012 lol.

Except for the first 2 games of the Bulls/Celtics series in 2017, where he led the #8 Bulls to a 2-0 series lead before breaking his thumb.