PDA

View Full Version : LeBron James surpasses Derek Fisher for most playoff wins

Axe
09-08-2020, 11:54 PM
:lebronamazed:

https://scontent.fmnl17-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/119079573_10159028877498463_5656413234015997182_o. jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_sid=8024bb&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ohc=e3a7rikc6RQAX8eoy6z&_nc_ht=scontent.fmnl17-1.fna&tp=14&oh=6c74c0b9e271b09ae3480371b0a253d1&oe=5F7D0433

Nike D'Antoni
09-08-2020, 11:55 PM
As he said himself, its thanks to his teammates in Miami - Cleveland & now Lakers. As he said himself, thanks to his teammates.
Lets not treat this like individual accomplishment

kawhileonard2
09-08-2020, 11:55 PM
If he has more playoffs wins shouldn't he have more titles as well?

Roundball_Rock
09-09-2020, 12:01 AM
The insecurity will only increase now. :oldlol:

Lebron23
09-09-2020, 12:05 AM

Soon to be a four time finals mvp.

FromDowntown
09-09-2020, 12:09 AM

Needa moar 1st round sweeps

kawhileonard2
09-09-2020, 12:10 AM
Soon to be a four time finals mvp.

Not against me.

FromDowntown
09-09-2020, 12:15 AM

Just gotta make 9 Finals to pass him

Good luck NBA :lol

BigtimeNBAFan
09-09-2020, 12:20 AM

Do you think Kawhi hates the playoffs since he can't sit out every other game? It must be a real chore after refusing to play for a season and then only showing up for work when he feels like it the last two years.

BigtimeNBAFan
09-09-2020, 12:21 AM
Not against me.

I hope you actually play. It is the least you can do after screwing over the fans for the last 3 years with your load management nonsense.

Lakers Legend#32
09-09-2020, 04:51 AM
See ya Michael.

Bronbron23
09-09-2020, 09:27 AM
The insecurity will only increase now. :oldlol:

This could go both ways depending on what side your on. It can be viewed as amazing because he has the most wins or it can be taken with a grain of salt because he has the most wins but isnt close to having the most chips. Personally im somewhere in the middle. Most wins without an equal correlation of rings is more of a testament to someones longevity rather than their dominance.

Manny98
09-09-2020, 09:28 AM
Modern day Bill Russell :applause:

TheCorporation
09-09-2020, 09:32 AM
This could go both ways depending on what side your on. It can be viewed as amazing because he has the most wins or it can be taken with a grain of salt because he has the most wins but isnt close to having the most chips. Personally im somewhere in the middle. Most wins without an equal correlation of rings is more of a testament to someones longevity rather than their dominance.

It's not all about chips tho baby boi unless Bill Russell is your goat :lol

MJ has no big championship wins, I'm told that his best ring was against an aging Jazz core that could never get it done and made 2 Finals in 19 years of playing together. Not my goat

Roundball_Rock
09-09-2020, 10:28 AM

It's different, but in football you hear people talk about QB wins and championships separately and in auto racing race wins and championships separately. Materially different sports but I can see the LeBron has the "most wins" TP emerge for his advocates. We already see the one about Kawhi having the highest winning percentage ever.

The MJ crowd will keep going to rings, which is a stronger TP than PO wins, but the wild card there is we don't know how many LeBron will finish with. If it is something like Jordan 6 with 6 finals, 8 conference finals and LeBron with 5 with 12 finals, 13-14 conference finals--that is a harder case to make than "6 vs. 5."

As to your last point, I don't place much weight on either personally. These are team results but I can see how some people do in the MJ case and will in LeBron's case. Some of it is longevity but it also is a product of being in championship contention every year basically going back to 2007.

MJ has no big championship wins, I'm told that his best ring was against an aging Jazz core that could never get it done and made 2 Finals in 19 years of playing together. Not my goat

Another thing to watch is MJ stans are weakening the rings argument with their Pippen Derangement Syndrome. There was a thread months ago and MJ fans were all over the map on what his best ring was but the most likely response seemed to be the Jazz because they had two HOF players. The problem? Those players aren't impressive using MJ stans' own professed metrics. Pippen sucked but was ahead of prime Malone in all-NBA and MVP in multiple seasons. So how good could Malone have been? MJ stans love PPG. Stockton went 15 and 9.7 in the finals. The year before the 97' finals the Jazz went down in 7 games in the WCF with Stockton putting up 9.9 as Payton decimated him. These arguably are the biggest series in his career and he can't get to double digit PPG in two of them and only 15 in the other? If 20 PPG sucks, what does that make what Stockton was doing?

Turbo Slayer
09-09-2020, 10:35 AM
LeGOAT. :bowdown:

guy
09-09-2020, 02:19 PM
Pretty impressive and a testament to his longevity and consistency. But did anyone here even know it was Derek Fisher that had this record? Or that Duncan, Horry and Kareem were also in the top 5?

Sounds like another bullshit accomplishment that no one cared about until it applied to Lebron so now people want to argue it holds some significant weight i.e. similar to the Finals appearances.

Doranku
09-09-2020, 02:29 PM
#1 in wins, #1 in points, #3 in assists, #6 in rebounds, #1 in steals, #13 in blocks for the playoffs.

Pretty insane.

FKAri
09-09-2020, 02:49 PM

Who has more titles than LeGod?

light
09-09-2020, 03:27 PM
The most insane fact about this is that LeBron accomplished it while still being physically dominant like a player in his prime.

LeBron is out there literally flying at age 35. He can still jump through the roof.

By the time Fish and TD reached their playoff win total they were old and washed.

Manny98
09-09-2020, 04:21 PM
Most playoff points = LeBron

Most playoff wins = LeBron

Someone remind me again why he's not the GOAT :lol

knicksman
09-09-2020, 07:45 PM
leEfficient but not effective no 1 wins but only 3 rings and needed superteams to do it.

Axe
09-09-2020, 07:58 PM
Who has more titles than LeGod?
Derek fisher

Gudo
09-09-2020, 08:04 PM
What a feat by derek fisher. Must be one of the greats.

TheCorporation
09-09-2020, 08:10 PM
It's different, but in football you hear people talk about QB wins and championships separately and in auto racing race wins and championships separately. Materially different sports but I can see the LeBron has the "most wins" TP emerge for his advocates. We already see the one about Kawhi having the highest winning percentage ever.

The MJ crowd will keep going to rings, which is a stronger TP than PO wins, but the wild card there is we don't know how many LeBron will finish with. If it is something like Jordan 6 with 6 finals, 8 conference finals and LeBron with 5 with 12 finals, 13-14 conference finals--that is a harder case to make than "6 vs. 5."

As to your last point, I don't place much weight on either personally. These are team results but I can see how some people do in the MJ case and will in LeBron's case. Some of it is longevity but it also is a product of being in championship contention every year basically going back to 2007.

Another thing to watch is MJ stans are weakening the rings argument with their Pippen Derangement Syndrome. There was a thread months ago and MJ fans were all over the map on what his best ring was but the most likely response seemed to be the Jazz because they had two HOF players. The problem? Those players aren't impressive using MJ stans' own professed metrics. Pippen sucked but was ahead of prime Malone in all-NBA and MVP in multiple seasons. So how good could Malone have been? MJ stans love PPG. Stockton went 15 and 9.7 in the finals. The year before the 97' finals the Jazz went down in 7 games in the WCF with Stockton putting up 9.9 as Payton decimated him. These arguably are the biggest series in his career and he can't get to double digit PPG in two of them and only 15 in the other? If 20 PPG sucks, what does that make what Stockton was doing?

:roll: :roll:

We win again!

TheCorporation
09-09-2020, 08:11 PM
Most playoff points = LeBron

Most playoff wins = LeBron

Someone remind me again why he's not the GOAT :lol

Issa wrap

If MJ wanted #1 in points then he should have made more Finals!

Bronbron23
09-09-2020, 08:59 PM

I dont just go to rings though so i cant speak for other people. I use stats, chips, accolades and eye test and when u use all 4 to me mj is the better player. Out of those 4 criteria the only argument bron has is stats and that's mainly because of his longevity.

Roundball_Rock
09-09-2020, 09:08 PM
I dont just go to rings though so i cant speak for other people. I use stats, chips, accolades and eye test and when u use all 4 to me mj is the better player. Out of those 4 criteria the only argument bron has is stats and that's mainly because of his longevity.

You are a sane MJ fan. I didn't mean you in that last post. :cheers:

Bronbron23
09-09-2020, 09:12 PM
You are a sane MJ fan. I didn't mean you in that last post. :cheers:

Fair enough. We dont always agree but we have pretty good debates. If only most bron and mj fans could do the same this forum wouldn't get so stupid at times. Respect buddy:cheers:

Roundball_Rock
09-09-2020, 09:32 PM
Fair enough. We dont always agree but we have pretty good debates. If only most bron and mj fans could do the same this forum wouldn't get so stupid at times. Respect buddy:cheers:

:cheers:

Anfernee
09-10-2020, 04:10 AM
It's a pretty impressive accomplishment when you realize he's the only player in the top 30 of this list that's even active. Iguodala is the next highest ranked active player at #36. Also, LeBron is still the best player on his team doing this. Derek Fisher was a role player always lucky enough to be on the right teams.