PDA

View Full Version : Erik Spoelstra is the best coach in the NBA

iamgine
09-09-2020, 03:34 AM
Would you agree with this statement after Miami Heat as the #5 seed swept the Pacers and obliterated the #1 Bucks?

I think it's amazing how good this team is despite having a lot of new and 1st/2nd year players as core components.

plowking
09-09-2020, 03:41 AM
I'm getting a bit giddy as a Heat fan thinking we might actually have a shot.

Guys like Butler and Bam are just ultimate team players that put everything aside on the night and do what is the META needed at the time. They can both score, or if that isn't going, they'll defend, or rebound, or pass, etc.
Dragic is great at creating his own stuff. Crowder's job has been simplified and he can focus on what he is good at.

Guys like Nunn, Herro and Robinson(probably more so than anyone) are another reason this team is successful.

Another thing is that just about everyone on the team can put it on the floor and create for themselves. That is a big plus, because the opposing team needs to worry about that.

Bam is quickly becoming one of my favourite Heat players ever. Dude is just a great ball player. Does everything right.

Axe
09-09-2020, 03:51 AM
He's great but he's far from the best. And they were facing a bucks team that had seen giannis become hampered in game 4 with an ankle injury. Plus those bucks are also a team that's only great in the regular season but still has much to prove in the postseason. In short, they still aren't a championship caliber team yet but nevertheless, spo's team still triumphed through the first two rounds with flying colors as if it were a cakewalk. Now, if this heat team were to enter the finals this year and do the same thing against their western rivals, then I'd be convinced and amazed by their ultimate efforts.

JohnMax
09-09-2020, 04:34 AM
https://youtube.com/watch?v=JAMGn1cDja4

Eric Spoelstra is half white, half filipino

:biggums:

HylianNightmare
09-09-2020, 07:24 AM
Him and Brad Steven's are gonna give us one heck of am ECF

ImKobe
09-09-2020, 08:05 AM
They're not a true #5 seed tbh, would have been 3rd/4th if Butler was healthy all season, but Spo's always been an underrated coach. Remember, the 2016 Heat team were a game away from the Conference Finals and that was with Bosh & Whiteside out. He's only had two sub-.500 seasons post-Lebron, and that was due to injuries & they were still close to 40 wins. His teams have always been good defensively and the culture in the locker room has been rock-solid, whether it was with Wade or now Jimmy.

ClipperRevival
09-10-2020, 01:07 AM
Definitely one of the best in the game whether being able to galvanize men and earn their respect or the nitty gritty of the Xs and Os in the playoffs.

hold this L
09-10-2020, 01:28 AM
If he gets his team to the finals, he is the best. I think whichever team makes the final from the East probably has a 10% of actually winning it. If he somehow manages to win it, it may be the most impressive win in the last decade.

highwhey
09-10-2020, 01:30 AM
If he gets his team to the finals, he is the best. I think whichever team makes the final from the East probably has a 10% of actually winning it. If he somehow manages to win it, it may be the most impressive win in the last decade.

without a doubt lol. the finals is going to be so lopsided if eithier of the LA teams make it. barings injuries of course.

3ball
09-10-2020, 01:34 AM
They would've already been champions again with a long-running dynasty if lebron had stayed... :facepalm:

Goat coach (spo) + top 15 all-time player = dynasty.... So bron should"be stayed with spo

highwhey
09-10-2020, 01:39 AM
They would've already been champions again with a long-running dynasty if lebron had stayed... :facepalm:

Goat coach (spo) + top 15 all-time player = dynasty.... So bron should"be stayed with spo
seriously man, whats with your obsession over lebron?

BigtimeNBAFan
09-10-2020, 01:47 AM
Great coach. Nobody can say Lebron never had an elite coach which is an argument that has been made at various times by basketball fans. The fact that Spo has another title contender with a completely different team speaks to Pat Riley's ability to build great teams and Spo's ability to coach them. Pat Riley is a top 5 executive in NBA history as far as I'm concerned.

ClipperRevival
09-10-2020, 01:53 AM
Great coach. Nobody can say Lebron never had an elite coach which is an argument that has been made at various times by basketball fans. The fact that Spo has another title contender with a completely different team speaks to Pat Riley's ability to build great teams and Spo's ability to coach them. Pat Riley is a top 5 executive in NBA history as far as I'm concerned.

Bron fans not liking this thread at all. Wheels might pull a, "mods, please delete this thread."

AlternativeAcc.
09-10-2020, 02:34 AM
No. Spoelstra is horrible.

The Heats 'success' is due to Andre Iguodola and the Bucks being frauds.

Iggy has proved once again he is a franchise changer. He turned the Warriors franchise into contenders and now has the Heat in the ECFs.

light
09-10-2020, 03:35 PM
Would you agree with this statement after Miami Heat as the #5 seed swept the Pacers and obliterated the #1 Bucks?

I think it's amazing how good this team is despite having a lot of new and 1st/2nd year players as core components.

He's up there.

He's a thoughtful coach and a very hard worker. His work ethic is why he is where he is.

Wally450
09-10-2020, 08:42 PM
I'd say Spo and Brad are interchangable at 1-2.

Axe
09-10-2020, 08:47 PM
No. Spoelstra is horrible.

The Heats 'success' is due to Andre Iguodola and the Bucks being frauds.
Why?

Iggy has proved once again he is a franchise changer. He turned the Warriors franchise into contenders and now has the Heat in the ECFs.
Does this mean that if the heat somehow appear in the finals versus the lakers and iggy will guard bran again to hold him below 40% in fg% like before while the rest of the team will focus on guarding ad, they will win their fourth championship?

iamgine
09-24-2020, 02:21 AM
He's making Brad look bad out there.

highwhey
09-24-2020, 02:27 AM

mmm have you been watching this series closely? bc the C's are more talented on paper and Miami is putting on a clinic...Spo is making Brad look like an amateur.

starface
09-24-2020, 02:32 AM
Lets be clear about this:

He may be a great coach now, but he WASNT great when Lebron played in Miami. And he had nothing to do with Bron winning chips. Lebrons rings have always been earned not given, and nothing can change that.

Lets leave the agendas at home please.

highwhey
09-24-2020, 02:49 AM

He may be a great coach now, but he WASNT great when Lebron played in Miami. And he had nothing to do with Bron winning chips. Lebrons rings have always been earned not given, and nothing can change that.

:oldlol:

ImKobe
09-24-2020, 07:43 AM

:kobe:

:roll::roll:

Stevens is the most overrated coach in the league. Spo can manage egos and have a team playing an unselfish brand of basketball. I doubt Stevens would have ever got Dragic to come off the bench for a whole season. He couldn't manage Tatum or Rozier last season, when both thought they were better scoring options than Irving. Irving left and their crunch time offense is still guys chucking bad shots in ISOs, at least Kyrie is one of the best at it while Kemba and Tatum constantly blow it/shrink in those situations.

Wally450
09-24-2020, 09:33 AM
mmm have you been watching this series closely? bc the C's are more talented on paper and Miami is putting on a clinic...Spo is making Brad look like an amateur.

I have. I don't disagree that Spo is one of the best coaches in the league. I think highly of Brad and his abilities to coach. I don't think he's being exposed as much as people think, but I think there's also room for blame in there for both Brad and the guys on the team. Yes, we're down 3-1 in this series, but we're not the dumpster fire we were last season with Kyrie. Hell, making to the second round and taking a game from the Bucks with what transpired last season, that's an accomplishment in iteself.

rawimpact
09-24-2020, 09:48 AM
I have. I don't disagree that Spo is one of the best coaches in the league. I think highly of Brad and his abilities to coach. I don't think he's being exposed as much as people think, but I think there's also room for blame in there for both Brad and the guys on the team. Yes, we're down 3-1 in this series, but we're not the dumpster fire we were last season with Kyrie. Hell, making to the second round and taking a game from the Bucks with what transpired last season, that's an accomplishment in iteself.

Umm you are discrediting any of Spo's achievement.

What exactly has brad achieved outside of the regular season to even be thought of in the same tier as Spo?

tpols
09-24-2020, 10:02 AM
He's up there with carlisle, stevens, and pop.

Lil-Shrimp
09-24-2020, 12:50 PM
He's got 2 rings.

Alpha as fuc

GrayGoat
09-24-2020, 12:56 PM

Celtics are not more talented tho. Butler is the best player between the two teams and Bam has no opposing resistance. Plus they are deeper with a better bench. Miami was very under the radar

YoungDripKing
09-24-2020, 02:28 PM

Jesus. What has Brad done to warrant anything in the top 5 list? Cmon bro. Get your homer glasses off. Here's a list of better coaches: Spo, Pop, Carlslie, Vogel, Kerr, Nurse and thats not even me trying to think of the other coaches.

iamgine
09-27-2020, 10:08 PM
4-0 vs Indy
4-1 vs Bucks
4-2 vs Boston
4-3 vs Lakers?

Spo is going to outcoach the hell out of Vogel.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
09-27-2020, 10:11 PM

:roll::roll::roll::roll:

iamgine
10-02-2020, 03:46 AM
This is where Spo has to show that he is worthy of the 'best coach' title. People has written the Heat off too early.

Wally450
10-02-2020, 11:05 AM
This is where Spo has to show that he is worthy of the 'best coach' title. People has written the Heat off too early.

Oh, they're done lol

King Baron
10-02-2020, 03:39 PM
If Dragic ends up being out for the series and Bam misses games, while Butler is playing hurt, how is it Spolestra's fault if they end up losing? The Lakers are already a tough team to beat when teams are 100% healthy.

rawimpact
10-02-2020, 03:41 PM

Really?

What coach is going to be able to do anything against these lakers with that Heat squad possibly missing two of their stars or atleast their top 3 players not playing 100%?

Manny98
10-02-2020, 05:53 PM
Carlisle is the best coach in the league at managing rotations

Vogel and Nurse are the best when it comes to making on the fly adjustments

Those are the 3 best imo

I would put Stevens up there as well but his lack of playoff success let's him down a bit

Spo, Malone and Stevens are interchangeable 4-6th

Monty Williams is for sure the most underrated coach right now tho

Lebron_James
10-11-2020, 10:55 PM
He teared in the post game interview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vRAQff3h1Q&ab_channel=ESPNFirstTake
He deserves recognition.