PDA

View Full Version : Clippers to pursue Giannis according to reports

HBK_Kliq_2
09-09-2020, 03:59 PM
https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/259516/Clippers-Expected-To-Pursue-Deal-For-Giannis-Antetokounmpo

The Los Angeles Clippers plan to pursue a deal for Giannis Antetokounmpo, according to multiple league sources.

One of the sources said Antetokounmpo has an “admiration” for Clippers head coach Doc Rivers.

I guess they are already tired of Paul George? Doc Rivers had enough of coaching the guy who cheated on his daughter lol.

Or you let Harrell walk this off season and eventually form a big 3 of Kawhi/Giannis/George.

Ballmer wipes his ass with 100 dollar bills and obviously wants to win, so I can see him paying luxury tax.

highwhey
09-09-2020, 04:02 PM
KAWHI NEEDS MOAR HALP https://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/pachah1.png

Kblaze8855
09-09-2020, 04:05 PM
Paul and filler or Wiggins(who is just filler) and 2 high lottery picks. If you’re starting over do you value the picks more? Or do you shoot for a ring with Paul in place of Giannis?

warriorfan
09-09-2020, 04:05 PM
KAWHI NEEDS MOAR HALP https://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/pachah1.png

Anthony Davis > Paul George

Leonard is evening the playing field. Plus we have seen playoff G. Giannis can’t get it done. He needs papa Dingo or papa Kawhi to get it done. He already knows this.

Trollsmasher
09-09-2020, 04:09 PM
with whom? playoff P?

Derka
09-09-2020, 04:11 PM
Clips have f*ckall to trade with.
I will be the NBA Slam Dunk champ before PG turns down that fat $38M player option for 21-22.
Kawhi already has two rings; he's not taking a paycut in that option year to bring Giannis in.
Plus the salary cap for the next two years is in flux if owners can't get arenas open.
Sounds like multiple sauces are full of shit.

HBK_Kliq_2
09-09-2020, 04:11 PM
Paul and filler or Wiggins(who is just filler) and 2 high lottery picks. If you’re starting over do you value the picks more? Or do you shoot for a ring with Paul in place of Giannis?

All of our picks belong to thunder is the only problem lol

I'm thinking just flat out sign him by free agency in 2021. George can opt out that year, have him reconstruct his deal and take a pay cut.

highwhey
09-09-2020, 04:12 PM

Leonard is evening the playing field. Plus we have seen playoff G. Giannis can’t get it done. He needs papa Dingo or papa Kawhi to get it done. He already knows this.

i agree. but kawhi does have the much superior cast. so it kinda evens out bc lakers supporting cast is ass. like straight ass.

highwhey
09-09-2020, 04:14 PM

question is, will kawhi be happy with saying goodbye to paul? bc he's the one who brought him to la. his signing with clippers was entirely conditional on that addition of paul.

RRR3
09-09-2020, 04:27 PM

Anthony Davis+trash is not better than Paul George+tons of great role players and two 6MOY Jesus Christ. Put the crack pipe down.

HBK_Kliq_2
09-09-2020, 04:30 PM
They got Kawhi, they got a billion dollar arena that Ballmer is building, black coach with same views as Giannis. And they even may be a proven champion by 2021. Should be a no brainer for Giannis if Clippers can figure out all the salary cap stuff.

Roundball_Rock
09-09-2020, 05:35 PM
No way they can pay max salaries to Kawhi, PG, and Giannis so PG would have to go in this scenario. I wonder what PG thinks about this report? They are aiming for a chip this year, are in the second round and a report comes out that implies the Clippers want to jettison him. The logic is obvious from the Clippers' perspective but people who are as successful as George is in his field don't always think rationally so there is a world where George is offended by this.

Shogon
09-09-2020, 05:45 PM
I will bet money with anyone on this board that wants to bet it that he is staying in Milwaukee.

DMAVS41
09-09-2020, 05:59 PM
No way they can pay max salaries to Kawhi, PG, and Giannis so PG would have to go in this scenario. I wonder what PG thinks about this report? They are aiming for a chip this year, are in the second round and a report comes out that implies the Clippers want to jettison him. The logic is obvious from the Clippers' perspective but people who are as successful as George is in his field don't always think rationally so there is a world where George is offended by this.

The Clippers don't have the assets.

PG is basically an expiring contract next season and they don't have any draft picks. It would have to be a 3 team deal because the Bucks taking back a bunch of expiring contracts for players that could just leave would be a disaster for them.

Roundball_Rock
09-09-2020, 06:08 PM
The Clippers don't have the assets.

PG is basically an expiring contract next season and they don't have any draft picks. It would have to be a 3 team deal because the Bucks taking back a bunch of expiring contracts for players that could just leave would be a disaster for them.

Oh yeah, no way the Clippers can pull off a trade. The scenario for them would be using George's salary slot for Giannis after 21', but if Giannis is bouncing the Bucks can't let him walk for nothing. FWIW, the report from The Ringer ends by saying the Bucks are still considered the favorites to retain him.

Akeem34TheDream
09-09-2020, 06:11 PM
He is not going to the Clippers thats stupid. Warriors or Heat, maybe. But I think he will stay.

Kiddlovesnets
09-09-2020, 06:12 PM
Well the clippers have less assets than the warriors, but they are a title contender unlike a first round exit team so that puts the clippers in a much more attractive position than the warriors. Assuming he’s not staying, Giannis would prefer Clippers as his new team, but bucks would definitely prefer the warriors as trade partner.

E_Stamkos
09-09-2020, 06:12 PM
I will bet money with anyone on this board that wants to bet it that he is staying in Milwaukee.

Truly hope he does.

Hate seeing small market teams get the shaft

Real Men Wear Green
09-09-2020, 06:24 PM
The ruthless move that makes sense would actually be to trade Leonard for him. For the Clippers no need to rest him for a third of the season. For the Bucks they get a replacement that keeps them right where they are and better off in the playoffs but you have to manage his minutes to an extreme.
Just spitballing here I don't think Clips would dare risk pissing off their superstar just in case they can't make a deal.

DMAVS41
09-09-2020, 06:26 PM
Oh yeah, no way the Clippers can pull off a trade. The scenario for them would be using George's salary slot for Giannis after 21', but if Giannis is bouncing the Bucks can't let him walk for nothing. FWIW, the report from The Ringer ends by saying the Bucks are still considered the favorites to retain him.

Oh, I thought they meant pursue him in a trade.

Yes, I completely agree that if he doesn't sign the max...I would not risk losing him for nothing...unless you are able to somehow get younger/better...which seems unlikely.

DMAVS41
09-09-2020, 06:28 PM
The ruthless move that makes sense would actually be to trade Leonard for him. For the Clippers no need to rest him for a third of the season. For the Bucks they get a replacement that keeps them right where they are and better off in the playoffs but you have to manage his minutes to an extreme.
Just spitballing here I don't think Clips would dare risk pissing off their superstar just in case they can't make a deal.

Leonard is essentially an expiring contract next season. He'd just leave the Bucks. That wouldn't make sense.

HBK_Kliq_2
09-09-2020, 06:29 PM

Can't they just work it out like warriors did from 2017-2019?

Kawhi is Curry
George is Klay
Giannis is Durant

And I guess you can give Morris the Draymond money?

HBK_Kliq_2
09-09-2020, 06:31 PM

Leonard is the be all end all of the clippers franchise, you're screwed if you get rid of him. I would maybe consider trading George if it means Giannis is in return. You want to find a way to keep Kawhi/George and add Giannis like how Curry/Klay added Durant.

FireDavidKahn
09-09-2020, 06:32 PM
Clippers already trying to move Playoff P

HBK_Kliq_2
09-09-2020, 06:34 PM

Yeah this could of meant that Kawhi told Ballmer to get rid of George and replace him with Giannis hahhaha or they just want to add Giannis on top of Kawhi/George.

FireDavidKahn
09-09-2020, 06:34 PM
Leonard is the be all end all of the clippers franchise, you're screwed if you get rid of him. I would maybe consider trading George if it means Giannis is in return. You want to find a way to keep Kawhi/George and add Giannis like how Curry/Klay added Durant.

You would MAYBE consider trading George for Giannis?:D

Bruh, Giannis +Kawhi is a dynasty.

Roundball_Rock
09-09-2020, 07:06 PM

Kawhi is Curry
George is Klay
Giannis is Durant

I believe the KD signing was a one-time fluke because the cap jumped under the new CBA in one year, instead of being "smoothed" over several years. So suddenly every team had a bunch of cap space.

Imagine if they lose this year, get rid of P--which would mean they gave away SGA/Gallo and a decade's worth of draft picks for nothing. Kawhi/Giannis/SGA/Gallo/Harrell/Williams would be unbeatable.

Axe
09-09-2020, 07:08 PM
Coming from the op who's obviously a kawhi stan, this is very dubious.

Im so nba'd out
09-09-2020, 07:48 PM

:oldlol:

bladefd
09-10-2020, 02:41 AM
Well the clippers have less assets than the warriors, but they are a title contender unlike a first round exit team so that puts the clippers in a much more attractive position than the warriors. Assuming he’s not staying, Giannis would prefer Clippers as his new team, but bucks would definitely prefer the warriors as trade partner.

Warriors with Steph+Klay+Giannis+Draymond are beating down the current Clippers..

bladefd
09-10-2020, 02:53 AM

Kawhi is Curry
George is Klay
Giannis is Durant

Curry was not on supermax deal at that point. When his rookie deal was coming to an end, he had signed a 4yr extension to rookie contract, which was not a lot of money. Certainly not anywhere close to the max. When KD signed with Warriors, Curry was on a tiny contract and a lot of their players were also off the book that year including Harrison Barnes.

Few players like iguodala also were at the end of contract but Warriors had retained bird rights. Salary cap also exploded that year. Mix it all up and you get KD on max deal and return of players like Iguodala. It was the perfect storm for them.