PDA

View Full Version : who will win MVP next year??

Ghost1
09-09-2020, 05:11 PM
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-F_Djc-gnmOo/U5fQ934WyMI/AAAAAAAAHaA/_KJ6nAzHuds/s1600/3.gif

https://st.kosarka.si/media/website/luka-doncic-mvp-spanske-lige/doncic-mvp-acb.jpg

:pimp::bowdown:

imdaman99
09-09-2020, 05:12 PM
Luka or bust.

It's time.

NBAGOAT
09-09-2020, 05:14 PM
Luka. Maybe ad if bron declines. I was high on embiid and jokic last offseason and I’m not going get burned again. Giannis and harden have voter fatigue issues

hold this L
09-09-2020, 05:16 PM
It's time for #3 for the Chef. 1st in the West, watch this space.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/l0Iyh5eraI3GtooRW/giphy.gif

Gray GOAT
09-09-2020, 05:22 PM
You have to actually play to be MVP, so Kawhit automatically disqualifies.

Smook A.
09-09-2020, 05:24 PM
No idea, the 2020-21 season hasn't even begun

KD7
09-09-2020, 05:27 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/VGhhoIgysgMiAHcA88/giphy.gif

BigtimeNBAFan
09-09-2020, 05:28 PM
You have to actually play to be MVP, so Kawhit automatically disqualifies.

Yeah mr "load management, let me sit out half the season" will not win it next year and shouldn't. I don't care how good you are, if you miss that much time especially on your own choosing you don't deserve to be considered for the MVP. His value during the regular season also showed to be minimal for Toronto was they went 17-5 without him. Not saying he wasn't great in the playoffs, but it is a regular season award.

It will probably be Luka or Durant. If Durant comes back and has a big year say Brooklyn is 60-22 with Durant having great numbers, he probably gets it. Luka will get his share of MVPs, just a matter of how soon.

RRR3
09-09-2020, 06:06 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/VGhhoIgysgMiAHcA88/giphy.gif
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

He said most VALUABLE player

KD7
09-09-2020, 06:13 PM

He said most VALUABLE player
Kyrie is going to average 25/10 off 50/40/90 shooting splits under Steve Nash's tutelage and the Nets will have the best offense in the NBA next year

RRR3
09-09-2020, 06:18 PM
Kyrie is going to average 25/10 off 50/40/90 shooting splits under Steve Nash's tutelage and the Nets will have the best offense in the NBA next year

Pass the meth, bro.

Roundball_Rock
09-09-2020, 06:42 PM
Here are the top candidates.

Giannis: almost impossible to win 3 in a row so there will be a heavy voter bias against him. He would need something like 35/17/7 to have a shot.
LeBron: Davis should close the gap, maybe even overtake him, next year. Either way, Davis will take votes away from him.
Kawhi: takes too many games off, automatically disqualified.
Harden: will be in the mix as always--but whether he wins, is second or third again would likely depend on his team record. Can they get the 1 seed again?
Luka: probably the favorite going into next year. He should get even better, Giannis and LeBron will be weaker candidates next year, and his team should improve too. If they finish with a high seed next year he will be hard to beat.
Davis: same problem as LeBron--another superstar to take votes away from him.
Durant: a wild card but if he is the KD we saw before his injury and the Nets have a top record he would have a good shot.

If I had to bet on one I would bet on Luka.

PeroAntic
09-09-2020, 06:46 PM
At the rate Tatum is improving he might be a dark horse candidate. Same with Donovan Mitchell.

AlternativeAcc.
09-09-2020, 06:49 PM
Giannis and Curry have rendered the MVP award meaningless.

The award doesn't actually track the most valuable player anymore, it tracks who puts up pretty stats on a stacked team. Giannis or Curry were never anywhere near the best or most valuable players in the league, so the award is now totally meaningless with those guys winning multiple times

The last legit MVP was 2014 Durant.

The 2 most valuable players next year will be LeBron and Durant like they've been for the past decade.

I could see Luka winning the MVP next year which would help validate the award a bit. Maybe Jokic.
l

Axe
09-09-2020, 07:09 PM
Doncic is a very potential candidate

hold this L
09-09-2020, 07:15 PM

If a Nets player is winning MVP, it sure as hell isn't going to be Kyrie.

KD7
09-09-2020, 07:29 PM
If a Nets player is winning MVP, it sure as hell isn't going to be Kyrie.

Nash is going to take Kyries game to a whole new level just wait & see

MaxPlayer
09-09-2020, 07:32 PM
At the rate Tatum is improving he might be a dark horse candidate. Same with Donovan Mitchell.

I doubt they'll win, but interesting picks. Maybe Lillard too.

PeroAntic
09-09-2020, 07:40 PM

The reason why it might be Tatum or Mitchell over Doncic is because

1. their teams could very well win first seed
2. they play defence

Tatum has become an excellent passer, I can foresee a 27/8/7 statline next year, and judging from what Mitchell showed in the bubble, he is gonna be a 30+ scorer next year. Combined with their spectacular style, it will create a lot of MVP hype, DRose style.

Of course this is all assuming there will be fatigue for Giannis, AD and Bron neutralize each others chances, Kawhi will load manage, KD will not be the same, and Harden, Curry and Doncic will not be able to get their teams the top seed. I just don't see the latter happening for these two, but Boston and Utah are genuine contenders for the number one seed.

hold this L
09-09-2020, 10:16 PM

After Giannis, lets not pick someone that gets exposed even worse in the playoffs.

Roundball_Rock
09-09-2020, 11:53 PM

2. they play defence

Tatum has become an excellent passer, I can foresee a 27/8/7 statline next year, and judging from what Mitchell showed in the bubble, he is gonna be a 30+ scorer next year. Combined with their spectacular style, it will create a lot of MVP hype, DRose style.

Of course this is all assuming there will be fatigue for Giannis, AD and Bron neutralize each others chances, Kawhi will load manage, KD will not be the same, and Harden, Curry and Doncic will not be able to get their teams the top seed. I just don't see the latter happening for these two, but Boston and Utah are genuine contenders for the number one seed.

How high can Tatum's stats go playing with Walker, Brown, and Hayward, though?

SATAN
09-09-2020, 11:59 PM
The media were already setting it up for Luka next season. They began throwing the Luka Legend" term around. Every station. You know how this shit works. I have no problem with him winning it if it's earned btw. It's pretty meaningless these days though.

Stephonit
09-10-2020, 12:16 AM
Giannis and Curry have rendered the MVP award meaningless.

The award doesn't actually track the most valuable player anymore, it tracks who puts up pretty stats on a stacked team. Giannis or Curry were never anywhere near the best or most valuable players in the league, so the award is now totally meaningless with those guys winning multiple times

The last legit MVP was 2014 Durant.

The 2 most valuable players next year will be LeBron and Durant like they've been for the past decade.

I could see Luka winning the MVP next year which would help validate the award a bit. Maybe Jokic.
l

His unanimous MVP continues to disturb doesn't it? Media was forced to give it contrary to their wishes. Probably the most prominent example of a player seizing an award. Totally embarrassed the media manufactured stars. The media was forced to diminish it afterwards by awarding it to the likes of Westbrook so as to not leave Curry shining too brightly.

BigKAT
09-10-2020, 12:31 AM
It's time for #3 for the Chef. 1st in the West, watch this space.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/l0Iyh5eraI3GtooRW/giphy.gif

Tbh if Warriors go for another 60 win season I'd give it to Curry.

Especially Post-Durant.

BigKAT
09-10-2020, 12:33 AM

2. they play defence

Celtics are going to be a 50 + - wins team next year.
Not a 1 seed.

Tatum is a budding superstar but no one on that team is consistent enough to lead a team to 60 wins. (They are pretty damn consistent, but I'm talking about HOF'r consistency.)

DMAVS41
09-10-2020, 02:17 PM
Luka or Curry.

Phoenix
09-10-2020, 02:27 PM
Kawhi will load manage his way out of consideration. I dont see Giannis winning 3 in a row. Harden could always do it but Russ will probably take some votes off him. Lebron and AD will take votes from each other. Curry could if the Warriors( and him) have a 'comeback' season. A potential dark horse in KD if he mounted a 'similar' comeback but we dont know how close to his standard he will be after the Achilles injury.

I'm going with Luka if he's healthy and can maybe lead the Mavs to between 55-60 wins and duplicates or exceeds this years numbers.

Gohan
09-10-2020, 03:31 PM

Unless you’re Steve Nash or cp3 you shouldn’t win mvp if you’re only averaging 25