PDA

View Full Version : Georgetown Connection Superteam

Reggie43
09-09-2020, 11:22 PM
How great would it have been if they played together on one team all at their peaks? Deke and Iverson had their moments but imagine a frontcourt of Ewing and Mourning with Iverson at the guard? or even just a combo of Ewing and Mourning or Ewing/Mourning plus Iverson.

And of course coached by the Legendary John Thompson (RIP)

Roundball_Rock
09-09-2020, 11:36 PM
That's three MVP caliber players together (I assume Mourning would be PF). Who would beat them in the 90's or 00's when no team would have three players of that caliber on the same team? Most contenders had 1, a handful had 2. No one had 3.

As far as how many rings, it would depend on the scenario for them age wise. If we play out their real ages, Ewing and Mourning overlap as elite players from 1993-1997 and then Iverson and Mourning for a couple years. Ewing's last elite year would be Iverson's rookie year so they don't overlap, although Ewing remained a productive player for a couple more years.

Reggie43
09-10-2020, 12:11 AM
Regardless of how successful they could be I just love when good friends play together, just like Lebron/Wade, Webber/Howard, Miller/Jackson etc. I remember those Ewing and Mourning playoff battles wherein if one gets eliminated they would proceed to watch the other in the next round of games in support along with Mutombo and Coach Thompson.