PDA

View Full Version : Blake Griffin has a suggestion for Lebron and Durant haters.

Kblaze8855
09-10-2020, 08:18 PM
“When LeBron left Cleveland and everybody just sh*t on him for years…when he came back to Cleveland and won, it was like we’re good now. KD left Oklahoma City and people still to this day don’t truly appreciate him,” Griffin told GQ (https://www.instagram.com/tv/CE44XAylDlv/?utm_source=ig_embed), via Essentially Sports (https://www.essentiallysports.com/nba-news-basketball-dont-think-well-allow-anyone-detroit-pistons-star-blake-griffin-explains-why-we-wont-have-another-michael-jordan/).
“You’re watching one of the best players of all time and people are just trying to find ways to hate on him. Hopefully now, with KD in Brooklyn, people might relax a little bit. My advice to fans that talk sh*t about some of these guys is, ‘Just enjoy these guys. Enjoy their talent while you can. It doesn’t come around that often.’ “.

Now....begin doing the opposite of that.

Gohan
09-10-2020, 08:23 PM
Now....begin doing the opposite of that.

Too damn cliche.... let’s enjoy these players:banghead:

Dbrog
09-10-2020, 08:23 PM
It's a fair point. I remember watching Shaq growing up and hating his ass. As I grew older I realized I just hated him because he was ****ing good and truly a unique talent. It gave me a lot of perspective into enjoying the play of superstars and even when rooting against them, having respect for their talent. I think Blake makes a great point because in 10 years, we will just be talking about them as greats. Clearly as this board shows, narratives fade over time but numbers and footage are key.

Doranku
09-10-2020, 08:25 PM
**** KD.

Shogon
09-10-2020, 08:27 PM
**** KD.

SouBeachTalents
09-10-2020, 08:28 PM
**** KD.

Micku
09-10-2020, 08:37 PM
**** KD

Wally450
09-10-2020, 08:39 PM
**** KD

Shooter
09-10-2020, 08:41 PM
**** KD

Gudo
09-10-2020, 08:49 PM
**** KD

Nilocon165
09-10-2020, 08:49 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/cb824dd68b94fef37d37eb54a89e4ce0/tumblr_n341h6CrA11qc1jg4o1_400.gif

Phoenix
09-10-2020, 08:51 PM
Wellthatescalatedquickly.gif

red1
09-10-2020, 08:53 PM
**** KD

kd ruined the league and made it boring for two full seasons - at least the heat had weaknesses and had competition. they went 2-2 and gave us some great finals.

meanwhile the warriors just steamrolled every team. you'd go for a leak and come back and they've already opened a 20 point lead.

kd is a bitch.

Gudo
09-10-2020, 09:02 PM
The league and fans dont need to glorify talented mental midgets like KD. To whom much is given, much is expected. He chose the ***** way out.

E_Stamkos
09-10-2020, 09:03 PM
I'd **** KD

ThatCoolKid
09-10-2020, 09:13 PM
I never truly hated KD. I understood that he made the best move for him. That team was unbeatable. But it was lolworthy him acting like he was taking the "hardest road." He went to the best team possible. I understand it, he wanted to win. The way he portrayed it was laughable.

It also just made the league less fun. The Warriors were too good. I knew they were going to win the chip as soon as the trade happened. I knew they were going to repeat the season after that. I thought they would 3 peat but injuries interrupted that. They were so good the season was as close to predetermined as a major sports league has ever been barring injuries. That part wasn't fun.

I will appreciate KD much more now that he's with Brooklyn. Will be a fun team to watch.

BigtimeNBAFan
09-10-2020, 09:44 PM
**** Kawhi. Insane Kawhi doesn't get more hate. At least Durant missed a year where he legitimately couldn't play. Kawhi just flat out quit on the Spurs and has spent the last two years screwing the fans by doing his load management BS while in his prime. Kawhi is the most embarrassing and softest star of all time.

Marchesk
09-10-2020, 09:53 PM
https://youtu.be/CfgHeIpMfMc

Tobio-Star
09-10-2020, 09:55 PM
**** KD

aj1987
09-10-2020, 10:00 PM
**** KD.

greymatter
09-10-2020, 10:10 PM
**** KD.

Good for him that he understands that his titles were cheap and didn't feel redeemed winning them.

What he pulled would have basically been like Magic leaving LA after the 86 playoffs to join the 67W 86 Celtics title team that is considered one of the top 3 ATG teams in NBA history.

dreamshake
09-10-2020, 10:14 PM
**** LeBron. He was the first superstar who started super teams in his prime because he couldn’t win championships with just a second star.

Real Men Wear Green
09-10-2020, 10:19 PM
I would root for him if he was a Celtic but the fact remains he killed all competitive balance for three years.

itsGameTime
09-10-2020, 10:23 PM
I would root for him if he was a Celtic but the fact remains he killed all competitive balance for three years.

https://ladyinthemancave.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/mancave21.jpg

greymatter
09-10-2020, 10:41 PM
**** LeBron. He was the first superstar who started super teams in his prime because he couldn’t win championships with just a second star.

^^^ Must be one of those retards who thinks Mo Williams or Zydrunas were legit stars and didn't just happen to make an AS team bc their position was thin as hell in the EC.

dreamshake
09-11-2020, 01:42 AM
You sound upset dog. You probably a bitch too. Bitches relate with bitches. Go figure.

Spurs m8
09-11-2020, 02:11 AM
Do enjoy KD....despite integrity and off the court 15 year old girly behaviour.

Bron just isn't enjoyable to watch tbh
I can see how casual fan may get the hype when Doris is blowing him with her words.

Marchesk
09-11-2020, 02:37 AM
How would we think of Jordan if he had joined the Pistons after 89 and won his titles that way? He'd still be this all-time great player, but it just wouldn't be the same, and even for Jordan, I bet a lot of fans back then would have been pretty upset.

It's even possible it would have negatively effected his all-time ranking.

Spurs m8
09-11-2020, 05:56 AM
How would we think of Jordan if he had joined the Pistons after 89 and won his titles that way? He'd still be this all-time great player, but it just wouldn't be the same, and even for Jordan, I bet a lot of fans back then would have been pretty upset.

It's even possible it would have negatively effected his all-time ranking.

For sure.

But then you see the dudes attitude and there's just zero percent chance he would have ever done that...but I guess that's what made him the greatest.
A true winner.
You lose? Then you keep getting back up and trying harder...not getting on the phone to be carried lol

He was a winner...not a colluder

Whoah10115
09-11-2020, 10:37 AM
Criticizing and being turned off by a player isn't exclusive to appreciating a player.

Durant is the one who doesn't appreciate anything else. He knows what he did.

That whole asterisk, it doesn't count argument...well that's what the internet is for.

pandiani17
09-11-2020, 10:40 AM
I never truly hated KD. I understood that he made the best move for him. That team was unbeatable. But it was lolworthy him acting like he was taking the "hardest road." He went to the best team possible. I understand it, he wanted to win. The way he portrayed it was laughable.

It also just made the league less fun. The Warriors were too good. I knew they were going to win the chip as soon as the trade happened. I knew they were going to repeat the season after that. I thought they would 3 peat but injuries interrupted that. They were so good the season was as close to predetermined as a major sports league has ever been barring injuries. That part wasn't fun.

I will appreciate KD much more now that he's with Brooklyn. Will be a fun team to watch.

What trade?

pandiani17
09-11-2020, 10:44 AM
**** Kawhi. Insane Kawhi doesn't get more hate. At least Durant missed a year where he legitimately couldn't play. Kawhi just flat out quit on the Spurs and has spent the last two years screwing the fans by doing his load management BS while in his prime. Kawhi is the most embarrassing and softest star of all time.

Kawhi seems a really humble guy and all that, but yeah, he should get much more hate for the shit he pulled on the Spurs when he missed a whole year. Maybe the fact that he won a ring the following year against an unlikeable team like the Warriors changed for the better his image, the same way Dirk completely changed his legacy when he beat the another unlikeable team in 2011.