PDA

View Full Version : Will Kawhi vs Lebron be the greatest duel in NBA history?

HBK_Kliq_2
09-11-2020, 02:52 AM
Will LeBron vs Kawhi be the greatest duel in NBA history?

I can't think of a better duel then this. Kawhi vs LeBron is better then Bird/Magic, Shaq/Duncan, Jordan/Malone.

The best player today at his peak vs one of the best ever LeBron and he's still at his late prime. Wow

elementally morale
09-11-2020, 02:59 AM
If you started watching this year, sure.

Gray GOAT
09-11-2020, 03:04 AM
Only half of that hypothetical 'duel' is truly elite and of all time great level, and it's not Kawhit. That basically automatically disregards this match up as one of the greatest, because both players would need to be top 10, or at least borderline, and only LeBron checks that box out of these two.

HBK_Kliq_2
09-11-2020, 03:11 AM
Only half of that hypothetical 'duel' is truly elite and of all time great level, and it's not Kawhit. That basically automatically disregards this match up as one of the greatest, because both players would need to be top 10, or at least borderline, and only LeBron checks that box out of these two.

Kawhi is on pace for 3 finals MVPS by 29 years old. That would put him in the top 10 all-time.

Sulico
09-11-2020, 03:34 AM
Not even top 10.

Gray GOAT
09-11-2020, 03:42 AM
Kawhi is on pace for 3 finals MVPS by 29 years old. That would put him in the top 10 all-time.

It only would for an irrational homer. He is nowhere near the top 10. Kawhit barely has more career points than Andrew Wiggins of all people. His career is nothing special nor does he have any seasons that make you fall out of your chair because he doesn't show up half the time.

Phoenix
09-11-2020, 04:01 AM
Bird and Magic were facing off while both at their peaks.The only way Kawhi vs Lebron is comparable as a 'prime for prime' faceoff would be if like, 2013 Lebron and current Kawhi were in the same space. Plus Bird and Magic had a lot more to their rivalry beyond just on-court. That to me will always be the singular mano a mano ( maybe the older heads feel that about Wilt and Russell but that was before my time).

Lebron vs KD in 2017 is probably a better matchup as far as guys being at or near the peak of their powers. Kawhi vs Lebron 2020 is more akin to MJ vs Magic in 91, the younger lion seeking to supplant the older one.

SATAN
09-11-2020, 04:04 AM
lol

ImKobe
09-11-2020, 05:09 AM
Anthony Davis vs Kawhi Leonard*. I'll be surprised if Lebron is the leading scorer & the Lakers win that series based on match-ups, you'd think the Clippers would be able to limit Lebron more, as they did in the RS.

Spurs m8
09-11-2020, 05:54 AM
If you started watching this year, sure.

Exactly

God damn these threads are beyond embarrassing hahaahah

Edit...his joining date checks out lol

ninephive
09-11-2020, 07:58 AM

I can't think of a better duel then this. Kawhi vs LeBron is better then Bird/Magic, Shaq/Duncan, Jordan/Malone.

The best player today at his peak vs one of the best ever LeBron and he's still at his late prime. Wow

Lol Jordan/Malone �� I always forget how bad the people MJ was able to beat were.

StrongLurk
09-11-2020, 09:03 AM
Lebron has had crazy positional competition his whole career...him now vs Kawhi will hopefully live up to it's billing.

Bronbron23
09-11-2020, 09:09 AM

Wtf. Hell no

tpols
09-11-2020, 09:14 AM
Lebron has had crazy positional competition his whole career...him now vs Kawhi will hopefully live up to it's billing.

Lebron aint gonna be guarding kawhi lol... He's gonna get put on PG13.

The real matchup here is AD and Kawhi, two guys pretty much guaranteed to have great production. Then it's PG13 v Lebron and Morris/Harrell/Zubac/Bev/Lou vs Morris/McGee/Dwight/Caruso/rondo/Kuzma which is honestly a push.

This is as close a matchup talent for talent as things could possibly get.

HBK_Kliq_2
09-11-2020, 11:00 AM
It only would for an irrational homer. He is nowhere near the top 10. Kawhit barely has more career points than Andrew Wiggins of all people. His career is nothing special nor does he have any seasons that make you fall out of your chair because he doesn't show up half the time.

The pace Kawhi is on right now, if he wins finals MVP he will be top 15 in career playoff win shares. Nobody cares about regular season points, give us a handful of star seasons and that's sufficient.

light
09-11-2020, 12:40 PM
It will be more LeBron vs Doc, not LeBron vs Kawhi.

Roundball_Rock
09-11-2020, 12:51 PM
Peak Kawhi versus 35 year old LeBron? No. If the aging lion loses there is an obvious excuse built in, which lowers the stakes.

It is a big moment for the Clippers, their best chance to finally be relevant in their own city and who knows if a chip would even do the trick. Fan bases are built over decades.

hold this L
09-11-2020, 01:11 PM

Wait, you think Kawhi will be in the top 10 if he wins this year? You can't be serious?

hold this L
09-11-2020, 01:13 PM
It will be more LeBron vs Doc, not LeBron vs Kawhi.

I don't even know how you can say this, or others. It can be argued Davis has been the best player of the PS so far this year, and people don't even include him in the conversation. Does anyone think PG will be as good as AD next round?

Gudo
09-11-2020, 01:42 PM
I dont think the clippers will win more than 2 games. I see this as another 4-1 for the lakers

MJistheGOAT
09-11-2020, 01:57 PM
As previous posters have said, no. Bran is too old and won´t guard Kawhi as his primary defender, Lebron vs KD was a better duel than this one.

But, as a team matchup, this is a really great duel: equal forces, star power, in a normal year an LA WCF would have been epic.

Finally, I think LAC capacity to limit AD, PG13 consistency and bench performance will be more important than Bran/Kawhi.

Phoenix
09-11-2020, 02:02 PM
Wait, you think Kawhi will be in the top 10 if he wins this year? You can't be serious?

Lol that guy IIRC has Kawhi > Kareem as a player. Theres no limits with this one.

bullettooth
09-11-2020, 02:04 PM
It's happened twice before.

Warning: it hasn't ended well for LeBron both times.