PDA

View Full Version : Frank Vogel is running circles around these coaches. Can we give him CREDIT?

AirTupac
09-13-2020, 12:32 PM
What a difference from Puke Walton. Guy has everyone bought into defensive and makes adjustments on the spot. Vogel adjusted, Antoni doubled down. Get fukt. VOGEL COY

Gohan
09-13-2020, 12:34 PM
What a difference from Puke Walton. Guy has everyone bought into defensive and makes adjustments on the spot. Vogel adjusted, Antoni doubled down. Get fukt. VOGEL COY

Vogel was never a bad coach even when he was with Indiana.

AirTupac
09-13-2020, 12:35 PM
Vogel was never a bad coach even when he was with Indiana.

Got some flak for Orlando but well... you know lol.

Shogon
09-13-2020, 12:42 PM
Got some flak for Orlando but well... you know lol.

No doubt he was dealt a bad roster in Orlando but he also lost that team...

I sat literally directly behind the Magic bench multiple times and have seen with my own two eyes and heard with my own two ears him tearing people up for missing defensive rotations and they just ignored him and rolled their eyes or cursed or whatever. He lost that Magic team long before he was fired.

AirTupac
09-13-2020, 12:43 PM

I sat literally directly behind the Magic bench multiple times and have seen with my own two eyes and heard with my own two ears him tearing people up for missing defensive rotations and they just ignored him and rolled their eyes or cursed or whatever. He lost that Magic team long before he was fired.

Interesting. LA helped Vogel restore his confidence (and hair) lol. Guy was thinning like crazy in Orlando.

brooks_thompson
09-13-2020, 01:01 PM
Interesting. LA helped Vogel restore his confidence (and hair) lol. Guy was thinning like crazy in Orlando.

Haha yeah, he got a little too pudgy down there too. And he looked depressed all the time. Now he's looking healthy again.

MaxPlayer
09-13-2020, 01:02 PM
Haha yeah, he got a little too pudgy down there too. And he looked depressed all the time. Now he's looking healthy again.

LeFountainOfYouth

starface
09-13-2020, 01:04 PM
LeFountainOfYouth

:bowdown:

KobeLookLike2Pac
09-13-2020, 02:07 PM

I wonder if that's why Caruso gets so much burn with Vogel. He may not be the most offensively gifted player but he's a teacher's pet who listens to every word the coach says and follows his defensive assignments to the best of his ability.

AirTupac
09-13-2020, 03:38 PM
I wonder if that's why Caruso gets so much burn with Vogel. He may not be the most offensively gifted player but he's a teacher's pet who listens to every word the coach says and follows his defensive assignments to the best of his ability.

Well you could be right but Caruso plays winning basketball. Hard on D (very good player on that end) and ends up doing important game winning moves/plays everytime hes out there. Any coach would play this Caruso a LOT. He's a winning basketball player.

ZenMaster
09-13-2020, 04:32 PM

Funny way to phrase it. He gets burn because he plays well and does a ton of positive stuff when coming off the bench. He's basically a mix between a 3 and a 4 on offense, while mainly guarding point guards on defense, though he can do a good job on most guards.

Gray GOAT
09-13-2020, 04:41 PM

Sick avi bro. :cheers:

light
09-13-2020, 07:46 PM

He's getting a lot of high quality assistance. It's hard to know exactly what Vogel is responsible for.

Vogel's adjustment... I don't even think it was necessary. They had just won 2 games in a row starting McGee. They almost choked away game 4 starting Morris. I have a feeling that it wouldn't have mattered.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
09-13-2020, 07:48 PM
2nd best coach in the playoffs to Spo

light
09-13-2020, 07:52 PM

I think Caruso is played because he has a nose for the ball on defense. As a defensive player, he is going to get his hands on the ball multiple times per game. I think that's the primary reason. Defensive instinct. His quality cutting and slashing on offense is icing.

AirTupac
09-13-2020, 07:53 PM
He's getting a lot of high quality assistance. It's hard to know exactly what Vogel is responsible for.

Vogel's adjustment... I don't even think it was necessary. They had just won 2 games in a row starting McGee. They almost choked away game 4 starting Morris. I have a feeling that it wouldn't have mattered.

Game 2 was a prime example of Vogels half time adjustments that made the big difference for the Lakers to BLOW the lead up.