PDA

View Full Version : Shawn Kemp was a better in traffic dunker than MJ

Vino24
09-13-2020, 03:48 PM
https://youtu.be/l2GaAWdHwsw

He finished in traffic dunks (most difficult dunk) far more and better than MJ did. MJ got most of his dunks on the break. Kemp was too strong :bowdown:

GrayGoat
09-13-2020, 04:14 PM
Agree. Shawn Kemp was so strong going to the hole

imdaman99
09-13-2020, 04:40 PM
What does @Shawn Kemp think about this?

GrayGoat
09-13-2020, 05:39 PM
What does @Shawn Kemp think about this?

I’m curious about this as well I’d like to hear Shawn kemp’s opinion

And1AllDay
09-13-2020, 05:45 PM
Mike was good at a lot , great at two foot leap dunks thats it. No range for 3, took off on D becos Pippn, no will to win until Magic and Bird retire and he gets Pippn.

light
09-13-2020, 07:27 PM

He finished in traffic dunks (most difficult dunk) far more and better than MJ did. MJ got most of his dunks on the break. Kemp was too strong :bowdown:

Not going to find many who watched him who will dispute that. Kemp was a sensation from a physical perspective. There was a time in the 90's when he was probably the coolest player in the league.

Axe
09-13-2020, 07:31 PM

What's his height and position?

And1AllDay
09-13-2020, 08:00 PM
what a dunker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D9Zf6uMdDk

Gudo
09-13-2020, 08:02 PM
The dunk where kemp pointed at lister, that would be a technical today. But that adds a lot more excitement to the game. I wish they would allow that back.

Bronbron23
09-13-2020, 09:34 PM

Nah bruh. I mean kemp was as good as anyone when it comes to finishing but he didn't have mj's first step, quickness and skill to put him in position to dunk in traffic as much as mj did. Kemp came out in the mid early/mid 90's so we've seen most of his dunks. We haven't seen 60% of mj's dunks from the 80's. Heres one that just surfaced recently that hasn't been on any of mj's highlights. How many more of these are out there that we havnt seen? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OCEisbRsBYk

72-10
09-13-2020, 10:08 PM
Kemp was a master at absorbing body contact in mid-air and, despite that, still ramming that sucker through the hole

such agility is quite rare

GrayGoat
09-13-2020, 10:30 PM
Nah bruh. I mean kemp was as good as anyone when it comes to finishing but he didn't have mj's first step, quickness and skill to put him in position to dunk in traffic as much as mj did. Kemp came out in the mid early/mid 90's so we've seen most of his dunks. We haven't seen 60% of mj's dunks from the 80's. Heres one that just surfaced recently that hasn't been on any of mj's highlights. How many more of these are out there that we havnt seen? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OCEisbRsBYk

This isn’t about speed, agility or first step. This is about finishing the dunk in traffic. Kemp had the raw power to just do it and force his way. MJ didn’t have that

Axe
09-13-2020, 10:32 PM
This isn’t about speed, agility or first step. This is about finishing the dunk in traffic. Kemp had the raw power to just do it and force his way. MJ didn’t have that
Duh size matters in this skill and kemp is over 2 meters tall

GrayGoat
09-13-2020, 10:35 PM
Duh size matters in this skill and kemp is over 2 meters tall

Obviously lol but some posters here are arguing MJ was better. Anyone who watched them play know that he simply wasn’t

Smoke117
09-13-2020, 10:38 PM
An all time great athletic PF was better at finishing in traffic than all time great SG? Wow, tell me moar, bro. Your observations are mind blowing. *rolls eyes* Jordan's own teammate Scottie Pippen was better in this regard himself. It's not really some mindblowing idea.

72-10
09-13-2020, 10:41 PM
An all time great athletic PF was better at finishing in traffic than all time great SG? Wow, tell me moar, bro. Your observations are mind blowing. *rolls eyes* Jordan's own teammate Scottie Pippen was better in this regard himself. It's not really some mindblowing idea.

I don't know how many you think he's got, but he must have at least nine powerful dunks on ATG defenders. You can't sell Kemp short. Pardon me if my basketball observations need some fine-tuning.

Smoke117
09-13-2020, 10:45 PM
I don't know how many you think he's got, but he must have at least nine powerful dunks on ATG defenders. You can't sell Kemp short. Pardon me if my basketball observations need some fine-tuning.

This thread is idiotic plain and simple. Even at SG I wouldn't call Jordan the best dunker in traffic. That would obviously be Dwyane Wade. Jordan was by no means a finesse dunker, but it's a pretty big obvious that a PF super dunker like Shawn Kemp was better dunking in traffic. lol He could just over power everybody. It's why I said Pippen was a better dunker in this regard as he had more power than MJ and would just smash it down.

Axe
09-13-2020, 10:48 PM
It's like op suggesting that giannis or shaq are totally better dunkers than klay, wade or something.

72-10
09-13-2020, 10:49 PM
This thread is idiotic plain and simple. Even at SG I wouldn't call Jordan the best dunker in traffic. That would obviously be Dwyane Wade. Jordan was by no means a finesse dunker, but it's a pretty big obvious that a PF super dunker like Shawn Kemp was better dunking in traffic. lol He could just over power everybody. It's why I said Pippen was a better dunker in this regard as he had more power than MJ and would just smash it down.

Tony Massenburg was a physical specimen as well - could he dunk like Pippen or Jordan?

Smoke117
09-13-2020, 10:54 PM
Tony Massenburg was a physical specimen as well - could he dunk like Pippen or Jordan?

Why are you bringing up some jobber nobody? Shut the fukk up, playdoe.

GrayGoat
09-13-2020, 11:03 PM
Why are you bringing up some jobber nobody? Shut the fukk up, playdoe.

You okay bro?

Smoke117
09-13-2020, 11:10 PM
You okay bro?

Are you? You decided to make this 30th new account so I doubt it.

GrayGoat
09-13-2020, 11:13 PM
Jack Daniel bottle lives matter!!

Axe
09-13-2020, 11:21 PM
Jack Daniel bottle lives matter!!
:lol

MaxPlayer
09-13-2020, 11:22 PM
Drazen Petrovic was the worst in traffic

Bronbron23
09-13-2020, 11:31 PM

Thats dumb dude. Speed, skill and agility definitely matter. It help puts you in position to finish in the first place. Its like saying tysons speed, skill and agility didn't play a role in his knockouts.

Axe
09-13-2020, 11:39 PM
Thats dumb dude. Speed, skill and agility definitely matter. It help puts you in position to finish in the first place. Its like saying tysons speed, skill and agility didn't play a role in his knockouts.
But one need to have brute force to have that kind of power (for traffic dunking) and i think that's where size comes in. It's like a truck ramming smaller vehicles along the way. It can do it without much effort because it's big. But ofc, you don't just ram players with recklessness. :oldlol:

Bronbron23
09-13-2020, 11:52 PM
But one need to have brute force to have that kind of power (for traffic dunking) and i think that's where size comes in. It's like a truck ramming smaller vehicles along the way. It can do it without much effort because it's big.

yeah for sure. Kemp was more powerful as was nique but mj was better than both because he could better put himself in position to do it. There were games where kemp wouldn't even score that much let alone dunk alot. In the open court he was insane. Half court though he was nowhere near mj.

Just look at greek this year or any year in the playoffs.

SATAN
09-14-2020, 12:09 AM
yeah for sure. Kemp was more powerful as was nique but mj was better than both because he could better put himself in position to do it. There were games where kemp wouldn't even score that much let alone dunk alot. In the open court he was insane. Half court though he was nowhere near mj.

:kobe:

Kemp had a good post game and jump shot. No one said Kemp is better than MJ at basketball in general.

Axe
09-14-2020, 12:09 AM

Depends lol. Jordan probably has the iq to do this stuff and because he's also smaller, he can quickly evade those who are trying to stop him whereas the big men would be held up if defense against them are tight. But opposing players aren't going to double team them anyway if they aren't a threat in the paint at all.

Bronbron23
09-14-2020, 12:28 AM
:kobe:

Kemp had a good post game and jump shot. No one said Kemp is better than MJ at basketball in general.

Well he had definitely had a pretty good post game but his jump shot was inconsistent. It was a nice shot for a big though. I think ya'll are forgetting how much of a savage early 20's mj was. If we're comparing kemp to mj thats the mj you should be comparing him to. Not the early mid 90's mj that used the jumper and fadeaways more and drove less.