PDA

View Full Version : Is Clippers losing a 3-1 lead to Nuggets worse than 2016 Finals Stephen Curry?

Stanley Kobrick
09-13-2020, 07:46 PM
Clippers currently hard campaigning for Giannis just as 2016 Warriors did for Kevin Durant. one would say it's quite poetic. hopefully we get to see a clippers vs lakers

And1AllDay
09-13-2020, 07:52 PM
the biggest chokers damn

kd 2016
curry 2016
kiwi 2020

who will be worst?

warriorfan
09-13-2020, 08:17 PM
Op has diabetes

Spurs m8
09-13-2020, 08:23 PM
Op has diabetes

:roll:

Spurs m8
09-13-2020, 08:24 PM
the biggest chokers damn

kd 2016
curry 2016
kiwi 2020

who will be worst?

Bron 2011 tbh

And1AllDay
09-13-2020, 08:24 PM
Op has diabetes

do u wish curry cuck lost to kd when down 3 to 1 and lebron spanks kd instead in the finals?

if so then you could take away lebrons goat ring from 2016 but then bron wins in 2017 and 2018 what is your choice bruh

And1AllDay
09-13-2020, 08:26 PM
Bron 2011 tbh

2 to 1 lead is a big lead but in case your math is off ,3 to 1 lead is bigger

plz try again bruh

Spurs m8
09-13-2020, 08:28 PM
2 to 1 lead is a big lead but in case your math is off ,3 to 1 lead is bigger

plz try again bruh

2011 is the biggest choke tbh

Axe
09-13-2020, 08:30 PM
do u wish curry cuck lost to kd when down 3 to 1 and lebron spanks kd instead in the finals?

if so then you could take away lebrons goat ring from 2016 but then bron wins in 2017 and 2018 what is your choice bruh
Quiet, slick.

BigtimeNBAFan
09-13-2020, 08:31 PM
Hard to say. This would be a really big letdown if they lost. The Clippers have been the favorite to win the title since the beginning of the season. To lose in the second round to the Nuggets would be quite a letdown.

Gohan
09-13-2020, 08:38 PM

Lebron was playing against light skin nikkas, that’s worse than plumbers and car mechanics. Jordan>lebron:banana:

Stanley Kobrick
09-16-2020, 12:20 AM
Hard to say. This would be a really big letdown if they lost. The Clippers have been the favorite to win the title since the beginning of the season. To lose in the second round to the Nuggets would be quite a letdown.
it may be just as equal, but give kawhi credit he at least showed up for some of the series. stephen curry was his usual finals disappearance

Stephonit
09-16-2020, 12:21 AM
Curry hasn't played for most of the season and yet he's still on OP's mind.

Post-Curry Traumatic Stress Disorder is a thing.

hold this L
09-16-2020, 12:28 AM

This is what happens when you're a proper ATG. Only the Chef and obviously Lebron are able to bring this discussion to light. I guarantee you people will not mention the 3-1 L tonight all that much next season while the 3-1 5 years back is still regularly mentioned whenever the Warriors are brought up.

NBAGOAT
09-16-2020, 12:29 AM
This is what happens when you're a proper ATG. Only the Chef and obviously Lebron are able to bring this discussion to light. I guarantee you people will not mention the 3-1 L tonight all that much next season while the 3-1 5 years back is still regularly mentioned whenever the Warriors are brought up.

agree on curry vs kawhi but durants not a proper atg?

hold this L
09-16-2020, 01:02 AM
agree on curry vs kawhi but durants not a proper atg?

KD is a great, but he doesn't come close to getting flak for losing like Curry or Bron. People forget for example, but there were two dudes that blew a 3-1 lead in 2016, one of which is never talked about. The only flak KD got was stacking the deck and his twitter rambles.

Kawhi on the other hand has complete impunity regardless of results and all the plaudits.

Axe
09-16-2020, 01:10 AM

Steph has been a loser since when? I think last year.

TheGoatest
09-16-2020, 01:12 AM
In a world of 3-1 lead chokes, this might be the worst one of them all.

The Clippers were up 80-67 with 1:30 left in the 3rd quarter of a series clinching game 5. Let that sink in.

SouBeachTalents
09-16-2020, 01:13 AM
In a world of 3-1 lead chokes, this might be the worst one of them all.

The Clippers were up 80-67 with 1:30 left in the 3rd quarter of a series clinching game 5. Let that sink in.
They had double digit leads in EVERY clinching game. At least the Cavs dominated the Warriors in two of their wins

NBAGOAT
09-16-2020, 01:20 AM
KD is a great, but he doesn't come close to getting flak for losing like Curry or Bron. People forget for example, but there were two dudes that blew a 3-1 lead in 2016, one of which is never talked about. The only flak KD got was stacking the deck and his twitter rambles.

Kawhi on the other hand has complete impunity regardless of results and all the plaudits.

Ah fair enough. I just think there’s some other factors that go into why Curry’s 3-1 is talked about so much more than kds 3-1 besides Curry’s edge as an atg

BigtimeNBAFan
09-16-2020, 01:20 AM

I would disagree with the KD thing. Him joining a team that came from behind to beat him 3-1 has been brought up a lot. He was framed as the ultimate "Can't beat em, I'll join em" player.

I agree about Kawhi. Kawhi is a star that is largely avoided scrutiny when some of the things he has done are flat out embarrassing. How he quit on the Spurs and how he load manages in his prime is laughable and would be mocked endlessly if it was Lebron or another star player.

hold this L
09-16-2020, 02:36 AM
Ah fair enough. I just think there’s some other factors that go into why Curry’s 3-1 is talked about so much more than kds 3-1 besides Curry’s edge as an atg
There's lots into it, but the point is that Steph has had one bad series 5 years ago and it's still brought up. Just like Lebron also had one bad series in 2011 and it's still brought up. No one gives a shit when other all timers choke, it's forgotten after one season.

I would disagree with the KD thing. Him joining a team that came from behind to beat him 3-1 has been brought up a lot. He was framed as the ultimate "Can't beat em, I'll join em" player.

I agree about Kawhi. Kawhi is a star that is largely avoided scrutiny when some of the things he has done are flat out embarrassing. How he quit on the Spurs and how he load manages in his prime is laughable and would be mocked endlessly if it was Lebron or another star player.

My point with that is all relative to him joining the Warriors though. You look at KD's previous losses, and there isn't much scrutiny.

Granted with Kawhi it's a whole different ball game. This dude NEVER gets any criticism and always gets all the praise, it's extremely obnoxious. Dame is similar but unlike Kawhi, he can't win at all when it matters. But same structure from fans and media, insane praise when things go well, failures are never mentioned or put under a rug.

elementally morale
09-16-2020, 02:45 AM
As for me, Curry was a worse experience. I expected more of him. I didn't expect that much from Kawhi.

hold this L
09-16-2020, 02:47 AM
As for me, Curry was a worse experience. I expected more of him. I didn't expect that much from Kawhi.

I'm with you. Steph injured or not, the blame lies to him because he's the leader. He blew it. He should have 4 rings now...

SouBeachTalents
09-16-2020, 02:48 AM
Why would you not expect that much from the reigning FMVP in a Game 7?

warriorfan
09-16-2020, 02:59 AM
There's lots into it, but the point is that Steph has had one bad series 5 years ago and it's still brought up. Just like Lebron also had one bad series in 2011 and it's still brought up. No one gives a shit when other all timers choke, it's forgotten after one season.

My point with that is all relative to him joining the Warriors though. You look at KD's previous losses, and there isn't much scrutiny.

Granted with Kawhi it's a whole different ball game. This dude NEVER gets any criticism and always gets all the praise, it's extremely obnoxious. Dame is similar but unlike Kawhi, he can't win at all when it matters. But same structure from fans and media, insane praise when things go well, failures are never mentioned or put under a rug.

2011 was way way way worse than 2016. 2016 Curry was injured and it took Commish interference. 2011 Lebron straight up choked on the D like he was Gloria in Delonte hotel room.

elementally morale
09-16-2020, 03:15 AM

Never bought into the hype. Kawhi is a good player. Like all time 100 good. All time 50? Nah. On defense, yes. On offense... maybe. But overall? It's a team game. Never really had impact on his own.

TheGoatest
09-16-2020, 03:35 AM
2011 was way way way worse than 2016. 2016 Curry was injured and it took Commish interference. 2011 Lebron straight up choked on the D like he was Gloria in Delonte hotel room.

Here is "injured" Curry doing 360 alley-oops to himself in 2016 finals game 5 warm-up, a couple of hours before he thought he would be standing with the NBA and Final MVPs trophies in his hands:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FoxxMN8gNA

GimmeThat
09-16-2020, 03:53 AM
not if you count the regular season records

ArbitraryWater
09-16-2020, 05:51 AM
Never bought into the hype. Kawhi is a good player. Like all time 100 good. All time 50? Nah. On defense, yes. On offense... maybe. But overall? It's a team game. Never really had impact on his own.

Lolwhat

SATAN
09-16-2020, 05:55 AM
Seems like an unfair comparison. One was facing the goat, the other wasn't.

ImKobe
09-16-2020, 06:10 AM
Of course the Clippers losing it is much worse. Warriors dealt with injuries to Bogut & Iggy & the Draymond suspension & at least they didn't get blown off the court in Game 7. The Cavs were legitimate title contenders, who had taken them to 6 without Irving & Love the year before. Lebron was a 2x champion & a proven Playoffs performer at that point & Irving we knew was one of the best ISO scorers in the game & came through in the biggest clutch moments.

elementally morale
09-16-2020, 06:23 AM
Lolwhat

All time 100 is not bad. A long time ago there was a top 50 all time. Shaq was the youngest. I'm pretty sure Kawhi is not better than 10 players on that original list. 25 years have passed we had some other very good players kawhi is not better than. Dudes having him as an all-time great is just recency bias. He is good. Being 100 all-time is very good. But better than LeBron and better scorer than Kobe... not even close.

Gohan
09-16-2020, 06:44 AM
Seems like an unfair comparison. One was facing the goat, the other wasn't.

Lebron was facing the goat in curry but he still overcame

Stanley Kobrick
09-16-2020, 11:20 AM
i agree with you elementally morale

Stanley Kobrick
09-17-2020, 07:21 AM
not many expect much from stephen curry in the finals

Stanley Kobrick
09-22-2020, 07:16 AM
very interesting debate. so far it seems stephen curry 3-1 blown lead seems to be the worse in most people's opinion.