PDA

View Full Version : Lakers have co competition this year, it's a weak year in the NBA

Walk on Water
09-14-2020, 01:19 AM
In the past, we've had so many good teams. Nowadays I don't even know how to compare because teams play a different sport. It's just 3s and lay ups. But think about all the great teams we've had in the past 2 decades. I can think of many, many tough teams.

The Badboy Pistons. The Spurs. The Kobe Lakers. Heat with Wade and Shaq. Dirk and Dallas. The Superteam Warriors. The Nash Suns. Iverson and Melo.

And I can name many more. I believe the We Believe Warriors would beat this Laker team. The Lakers are lucky that they have no other good teams to play. I can't even name any stars left in the playoffs in the Eastern Conference.

highwhey
09-14-2020, 01:23 AM
OP is currently in the 1st step of grief, steps noted as listed below:

denial.
anger.
bargaining.
depression.
acceptance

Walk on Water
09-14-2020, 01:28 AM
I also forgot the Big 3 in Boston.

Walk on Water
09-14-2020, 01:28 AM
Oh and the Kobe AND Shaq LAKERS. JUST so many teams!!! Competition!

TheGoatest
09-14-2020, 01:29 AM
https://images2.imagebam.com/8e/3e/02/02b7ad1354232547.png

light
09-14-2020, 01:32 AM
In the past, we've had so many good teams. Nowadays I don't even know how to compare because teams play a different sport. It's just 3s and lay ups. But think about all the great teams we've had in the past 2 decades. I can think of many, many tough teams.

The Badboy Pistons. The Spurs. The Kobe Lakers. Heat with Wade and Shaq. Dirk and Dallas. The Superteam Warriors. The Nash Suns. Iverson and Melo.

And I can name many more. I believe the We Believe Warriors would beat this Laker team. The Lakers are lucky that they have no other good teams to play. I can't even name any stars left in the playoffs in the Eastern Conference.

The Clippers were picked to win it all this year by mostly everyone.

starface
09-14-2020, 01:37 AM

:yaohappy:

Penetrator
09-14-2020, 01:37 AM
https://images2.imagebam.com/8e/3e/02/02b7ad1354232547.png

lol those zeroes, are they brans finals wins each year??

TheGoatest
09-14-2020, 01:39 AM

No, they're the amount of times the other players eliminated 65+ win teams in their career. It says so right on the chart. Or perhaps you can't read?

GimmeThat
09-14-2020, 01:43 AM
not sure why teams in the past with the inability to score enough points is now being triumphed

And1AllDay
09-14-2020, 09:47 AM
OP is currently in the 1st step of grief, steps noted as listed below:

denial.
anger.
bargaining.
depression.
acceptance

:oldlol: :oldlol:

And1AllDay
09-14-2020, 09:48 AM
No, they're the amount of times the other players eliminated 65+ win teams in their career. It says so right on the chart. Or perhaps you can't read?

:oldlol: :roll: Gottem

MaxPlayer
09-14-2020, 09:49 AM
Haha I gotta admit, I didn't expect this much damage control before the LAL-LAC series even started.

Roundball_Rock
09-14-2020, 09:59 AM
I am old enough to remember when we were hearing of the "Wild Wild West gauntlet" LeBron would have to go through, in sharp contrast to the "weak East" he was in for 15 years. Now, with the Lakers in the WCF suddenly we are hearing the West is "weak" too? :lol

Iverson and Melo.

:oldlol:

Doranku
09-14-2020, 10:01 AM
:facepalm Damage control before it's even decided who the Lakers are playing in the WCF is the Bran stan mantra. Do not let his ilk poison your mind and bring you down to their levels.

PP34Deuce
09-14-2020, 10:07 AM
Have a sense of accountability as an adult. Whether it's Denver or Clippers, there's no easy path to a title. Then if the Lakers happen to make the NBA Finals, They have a battle a very motivated Boston team or a greatly coached Miami team that includes every Lebron swingmen enemy on one team to make his experience tough.

BigtimeNBAFan
09-14-2020, 10:38 AM
Haha I gotta admit, I didn't expect this much damage control before the LAL-LAC series even started.

Honestly it is weird. I'm a Lebron fan and this is ridiculous.

Message to Lebron Haters: You guys have time. The Clippers are very capable of beating the Lakers. Boston is also a talented team capable of beating the Lakers. You still have two rounds for the guy you spend your lives hating to lose. Wait until the Lakers actually win the championship before starting these excuse threads talking about how easy his road is this year.

And it actually isn't that easy of a road. Portland was a very good 8 seed. Houston has 2 MVPS. Clippers (if they win) were the preseason favorites with arguably the best player in the league and Boston has a very good roster with multiple all stars and one of the best defensive players in the league. It would definitely be a worthy championship if the Lakers can pull it off. I actually have less confidence now than the Lebron haters though, haha.

tontoz
09-14-2020, 11:21 AM
Nobody was talking about a lack of competition before the season started, or before the playoffs started. Lebron haters are just trying to lay the groundwork to discredit him if he wins a title.

I remember a Lebron stan starting a thread before the playoffs started talking about how hard the Lakers road to the Finals would be. There were a lot of people saying the Blazers would give the Lakers a hard series.

Kiddlovesnets
09-14-2020, 11:26 AM
The Bucks and Clippers are both solid, the former was simply outmatched by the Heat team which was built to beat them, while the latter is terribly hurt by Doc Rivers' incompetence as their coach and yet they still have a shot at WCF anyway.

BigtimeNBAFan
09-14-2020, 11:42 AM
Nobody was talking about a lack of competition before the season started, or before the playoffs started. Lebron haters are just trying to lay the groundwork to discredit him if he wins a title.

I remember a Lebron stan starting a thread before the playoffs started talking about how hard the Lakers road to the Finals would be. There were a lot of people saying the Blazers would give the Lakers a hard series.

Oh yeah, but it is this way with them every year. Yes this year people were saying Portland would beat them than Houston would beat them. They all said the Clippers would beat them and they might be right. That won't be an easy series even with the Clippers struggles.

Lebron haters are prone to say he has no chance and then downgrade the team he beats. On message boards in 2012 it was crazy like this. The Heat had no chance. Lebron was a choker and Kevin Durant was the new star of the NBA. No way the Heat could beat OKC's big 3. Then all of a sudden after Miami won, it was the Thunder were too young and of course Miami would beat them and it was an easy road through the east, blah blah blah.

Roundball_Rock
09-14-2020, 12:47 PM
Oh yeah, but it is this way with them every year. Yes this year people were saying Portland would beat them than Houston would beat them. They all said the Clippers would beat them and they might be right. That won't be an easy series even with the Clippers struggles.

Lebron haters are prone to say he has no chance and then downgrade the team he beats. On message boards in 2012 it was crazy like this. The Heat had no chance. Lebron was a choker and Kevin Durant was the new star of the NBA. No way the Heat could beat OKC's big 3. Then all of a sudden after Miami won, it was the Thunder were too young and of course Miami would beat them and it was an easy road through the east, blah blah blah.

Nick Wright has been predicting it all year: as soon as the Lakers had success the narrative would shift from "Wild Wild West" to "the West was weak."

All these machinations are comical. If people don't have LeBron as GOAT, simply say so and the rationale for that. Why all these machinations? Portland, Houston were awesome--now they suck after losing. The Clippers were the next coming of the 96' Bulls. Now they are "no comp." It will be same with whichever team comes out the East.

Gohan
09-14-2020, 03:04 PM
:yaohappy:

The only joke is you

BigtimeNBAFan
09-14-2020, 03:25 PM
Nick Wright has been predicting it all year: as soon as the Lakers had success the narrative would shift from "Wild Wild West" to "the West was weak."

All these machinations are comical. If people don't have LeBron as GOAT, simply say so and the rationale for that. Why all these machinations? Portland, Houston were awesome--now they suck after losing. The Clippers were the next coming of the 96' Bulls. Now they are "no comp." It will be same with whichever team comes out the East.

Pretty much. To be fair you see this all the time in sports. People said LSU wasn't legit last year in football and said there was no way they could beat Alabama. They beat Alabama and then people said "Alabama is having a down year and isn't very good." Well Alabama was 11-2 last year and hadn't lost a home game in 5 years, but whatever. The switch from "no way it can be done" to "well it was an easy road" is common among haters.

And1AllDay
09-15-2020, 02:41 AM

+1

Nilocon165
09-15-2020, 02:46 AM
Man you were so confident this was a decent post weren’t you