PDA

View Full Version : No way Denver has TWO 3-1 comebacks in a row

StrongLurk
09-14-2020, 10:14 AM
The math is just not there...they have a 1% chance of winning game 7 against the Clips. I expect Kawhi to hit 40.

GrayGoat
09-14-2020, 10:15 AM
Op you ever get tired of being wrong?

hold this L
09-14-2020, 10:16 AM
How many times has Kawhi hit 40 in the playoffs?

StrongLurk
09-14-2020, 10:19 AM
How many times has Kawhi hit 40 in the playoffs?

I know he did game 7 last year and hit that crazy (albeit a little lucky) game winner.

StrongLurk
09-14-2020, 10:20 AM
Op you ever get tired of being wrong?

Not if it means LeGOAT ends up at the top!

BigtimeNBAFan
09-14-2020, 10:45 AM
Clippers probably win game 7. It would be a massive and historic choke if the Clippers blow this series. They are heavy favorites and up 3-1. We would talk about this series the rest of our lives if they blow it.

imdaman99
09-14-2020, 02:28 PM
What's the record for most wins facing elimination for 1 team in a playoff run?

Was it the Mutumbo Nuggets? They won 3 in a row in the 1st round and i think 3 more after being down 0-3 in the 2nd round. But they fell short in game 7 against the Jazz i think.

Or is it the 95 rockets? Where my historians at?

rawimpact
09-14-2020, 02:35 PM
You mean to tell me it's improbable a team ranked higher wins against a team ranked lower?

Genius

BigtimeNBAFan
09-14-2020, 02:43 PM

Was it the Mutumbo Nuggets? They won 3 in a row in the 1st round and i think 3 more after being down 0-3 in the 2nd round. But they fell short in game 7 against the Jazz i think.

The Rockets won 5. Down 2-1 to Utah when you only had to win 3 and then won 3 in a row against the Suns after being down 3-1. Then they beat the Spurs 4-2 and the Magic 4-0. So it must be the Nuggets unless there is another team I'm not aware of.

tontoz
09-14-2020, 02:59 PM
Math obviously isnt OP's strong suit. The only thing that matters are the odds of winning game 7. The fact that they were down 3-1 twice is completely irrelevant.

Tobio-Star
09-14-2020, 03:13 PM
The math is just not there...they have a 1% chance of winning game 7 against the Clips. I expect Kawhi to hit 40.

Thinking they have 1% chance of winning tomorrow is beyond delusional.

With momentum on their side and MPJ, Murray and Harris finally stepping up they have at least 30% chance. At least.

If they are hot it jumps to 70%

FKAri
09-14-2020, 03:27 PM
Math obviously isnt OP's strong suit. The only thing that matters are the odds of winning game 7. The fact that they were down 3-1 twice is completely irrelevant.

I wouldn't consider them two independent events. It's in the back of the players' minds. Due to the long break before the bubble I doubt they're fatigued but rather confident knowing they've overcome it before. So, if anything, they're MORE likely to overcome a 3-1 series lead the second time round. I still think the Clippers are the better team so I'd favor them.

And1AllDay
09-14-2020, 10:35 PM

2012 Heat

Down 2-1 to Indiana (+1)
Down 3-2 to Boston (+2)
Down 1-0 to OKC(+1)

4 games and won the title :pimp:

FireDavidKahn
09-14-2020, 10:44 PM
They aren't facing the Clippers.

They are facing the Clippers + Refs.

After the Morey/China issue the NBA needs to get as much revenue as possible since that stream was severely hurt. No way Lakers vs. Clippers doesn't happen. Too much money on the line for the NBA

FKAri
09-14-2020, 11:31 PM
They aren't facing the Clippers.

They are facing the Clippers + Refs.

After the Morey/China issue the NBA needs to get as much revenue as possible since that stream was severely hurt. No way Lakers vs. Clippers doesn't happen. Too much money on the line for the NBA

NBA learned their lesson after blowing it in 2009.

SouBeachTalents
09-14-2020, 11:33 PM
2012 Heat

Down 2-1 to Indiana (+1)
Down 3-2 to Boston (+2)
Down 1-0 to OKC(+1)

People always bring up 2016, but I still remember 2012 after Game 1 when LeBron led the Heat to 4 straight wins while facing elimination

And1AllDay
09-14-2020, 11:35 PM
People always bring up 2016, but I still remember 2012 after Game 1 when LeBron led the Heat to 4 straight wins while facing elimination

:oldlol: :roll:

This guy :oldlol:

LukeWalton
09-14-2020, 11:37 PM
itll be amazing if they won the entire playoffs, 7 games in every round. the most hard fought playoffs in history

And1AllDay
09-14-2020, 11:46 PM
itll be amazing if they won the entire playoffs, 7 games in every round. the most hard fought playoffs in history

I could see the Lakers and Nuggets reaching seven games but LeJokic aint beating LeBron

https://media.giphy.com/media/i1JSXl0MfeRd6/giphy.gif

highwhey
09-15-2020, 12:17 AM
I could see the Lakers and Nuggets reaching seven games but LeJokic aint beating LeBron

damn thats a high quality gif, looks like 1080p minimum

And1AllDay
09-15-2020, 01:53 AM
damn thats a high quality gif, looks like 1080p minimum

:rockon:

GimmeThat
09-15-2020, 02:13 AM
Mason Plumlee has been the difference maker based on advance stats, +14 in ORTG - DRTG for both rounds so far He's the prototypical Bill Walton/ Larry Bird model

TheGoatest
09-15-2020, 04:22 AM
OP tries to make it sound that because Denver already came back from 3-1 that somehow makes it LESS possible that they will do it again?
But if they haven't already come back from being down 3-1 then what?... They would have a chance because they didn't already blow their 3-1 comeback load?

TheGoatest
09-15-2020, 04:25 AM
2012 Heat

Down 2-1 to Indiana (+1)
Down 3-2 to Boston (+2)
Down 1-0 to OKC(+1)

That Indiana series was the biggest test because Chris Bosh got injured in game 1 and they didn't have him for the rest of the series.

imdaman99
09-15-2020, 09:58 AM

You say that now, but wait till Lebron has a 3-1 lead on the Nuggets. LeJokic mode will be activated and it's ova

https://media4.giphy.com/media/l0ErLeqamV3UOARsA/giphy.gif

hold this L
09-15-2020, 10:07 AM
You say that now, but wait till Lebron has a 3-1 lead on the Nuggets. LeJokic mode will be activated and it's ova

https://media4.giphy.com/media/l0ErLeqamV3UOARsA/giphy.gif

I know you're joking but if the guy pulls that off, that would make it one of the most Legendary runs ever in NBA history.

I would say if he does it tonight, Kawhi fans better be ready but then I remembered he doesn't have any.

imdaman99
09-15-2020, 10:10 AM
I know you're joking but if the guy pulls that off, that would make it one of the most Legendary runs ever in NBA history.

I would say if he does it tonight, Kawhi fans better be ready but then I remembered he doesn't have any.

Hey man I love Jokic. He is my favorite player left in the playoffs now that brickbrook is mercifully put to bed. There is no doubt he turns it on when his backs against the wall. He even tries on defense :lol The Nuggets have a few good defenders to throw on Kawhi. But it's just crazy to think that the Nuggets are never out of a game, they always seem to be making that run in the 3rd.

I would love him to come back from 3-1 down in EVERY series to win it all. It would hopefully convince Adam Silver to go back to sleep in his coffin.

hold this L
09-15-2020, 10:52 AM
Hey man I love Jokic. He is my favorite player left in the playoffs now that brickbrook is mercifully put to bed. There is no doubt he turns it on when his backs against the wall. He even tries on defense :lol The Nuggets have a few good defenders to throw on Kawhi. But it's just crazy to think that the Nuggets are never out of a game, they always seem to be making that run in the 3rd.

I would love him to come back from 3-1 down in EVERY series to win it all. It would hopefully convince Adam Silver to go back to sleep in his coffin.

I've always thought of Silver more of an alien than a vampire. Plus vampires are supposed to be charismatic..

Gohan
09-15-2020, 06:25 PM

:oldlol:

BigtimeNBAFan
09-15-2020, 09:03 PM

Yeah they were asleep in games 2 and 3 against the Jazz. Especially game 3 they just flat out quit. They really came out of that game swinging every time though.

SouBeachTalents
09-15-2020, 11:33 PM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BowedRigidHydra-size_restricted.gif

StrongLurk
09-15-2020, 11:43 PM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BowedRigidHydra-size_restricted.gif

:roll:

Bro I'm lovin it, hated this Clippers team so much (besides Kawhi).

Not trying to get ahead of myself, but I REALLY want to see Lebron win one more ring before he retires...and I'm hoping the Nuggets will be an easier match up for the Lakers than the Clippers would have been.