PDA

View Full Version : The Bucks had a 3 hour meeting with Giannis and say they will go into luxury tax

Kblaze8855
09-14-2020, 05:18 PM
Unlike when Brogdan was restricted and they chose to let him walk. I’m not sure who they are saying they would get since it’s not like they have big free agents like last year. Never got why they let Brogdan go to begin with. You pay short term and if you don’t win you can trade any number of their better players. They don’t have a lot of unmovable contracts. Apparently now they are willing to spend though....I suspect on someone worse than who they already let walk.

DMAVS41
09-14-2020, 06:10 PM
Yep.

Hard to take them seriously after the Malcolm situation. Not bringing him back is going to really hurt their ability to improve the team...because it doesn't really matter now if you are willing to spend...you don't have cap space and don't have a lot of contracts that are going to net you better players in a trade.

BigtimeNBAFan
09-14-2020, 06:17 PM
Yep the Brogdan situation was a bad look when trying to keep the Greek Freak. You are basically telling your best player we aren't going to do all we can to win.

Not as insane as the Thunder letting Harden walk, but I can see why Durant wouldn't take the OKC front office as seriously after that.

Doranku
09-14-2020, 06:40 PM
Yep the Brogdan situation was a bad look when trying to keep the Greek Freak. You are basically telling your best player we aren't going to do all we can to win.

Not as insane as the Thunder letting Harden walk, but I can see why Durant wouldn't take the OKC front office as seriously after that.

Meh, it's a two-way street. Giannis was 12-37 shooting outside of 3 feet against Miami. He was 11-51 shooting outside of 3 feet against Toronto last year. Not improving (if anything, it's declined :oldlol:) your outside game after 7 years in the league is a bigger indictment than letting Malcolm Brogdon walk.

Kblaze8855
09-14-2020, 06:45 PM
Meh, it's a two-way street. Giannis was 12-37 shooting outside of 3 feet against Miami. He was 11-51 shooting outside of 3 feet against Toronto last year. Not improving (if anything, it's declined :oldlol:) your outside game after 7 years in the league is a bigger indictment than letting Malcolm Brogdon walk.

And yet....literally every single person in position to make the decision would give him 250 million dollars if he would take it. Given the supposed importance of your information why do you think that is? Why would whoever you think is the best gm or coach in the league offer this guy a quarter billion without hesitation while having access to that information?

Mask the Embiid
09-14-2020, 06:45 PM
Yeah they will go over the cap for a year to bait him in....The second he gets under contract, they will immediately give up any and every player they have to just to get back under the luxury cap :oldlol:.With no fuks given about winning a ring.

If he falls for this his agent doesnt care about him at all.Cause he knows whats coming, he aint new to this like Giannis.Does he actually care about his client at all or does he just want more money

we will see even though i already have a feeling about the answer

NBAGOAT
09-14-2020, 06:55 PM
try to trick pelicans into swapping jrue for bledsoe. maybe see if por goes for a middleton cj swap. middleton is better but cj gives you more consistent shot making. Paul can work but he's old, it can be such a risky move. ofc if toronto decides to take a step back, then throw bledsoe and assets at lowry

Real Men Wear Green
09-14-2020, 06:59 PM
Unlike when Brogdan was restricted and they chose to let him walk. I’m not sure who they are saying they would get since it’s not like they have big free agents like last year. Never got why they let Brogdan go to begin with. You pay short term and if you don’t win you can trade any number of their better players. They don’t have a lot of unmovable contracts. Apparently now they are willing to spend though....I suspect on someone worse than who they already let walk.

I don't know what they will do either but if they're serious I won't underestimate their ability to make a losing trade trying to keep their star happy. Somewhere out there a clever GM is thinking about a way to take advantage of this.

Doranku
09-14-2020, 07:03 PM
And yet....literally every single person in position to make the decision would give him 250 million dollars if he would take it. Given the supposed importance of your information why do you think that is? Why would whoever you think is the best gm or coach in the league offer this guy a quarter billion without hesitation while having access to that information?

Because GMs care more about the franchise making money than winning a title. Giannis is ticket sales, jersey sales, merchandising sales. Giannis is relevance. Giannis is marquee matchups on National Television. Giannis is playoff berths every year.

That stuff matters more in the grand scheme of things than winning a title, especially in an undesirable place like Milwaukee.

Axe
09-14-2020, 07:12 PM
Interesting but how sure can they be to keep this promise?

DMAVS41
09-14-2020, 07:16 PM
try to trick pelicans into swapping jrue for bledsoe. maybe see if por goes for a middleton cj swap. middleton is better but cj gives you more consistent shot making. Paul can work but he's old, it can be such a risky move. ofc if toronto decides to take a step back, then throw bledsoe and assets at lowry

Bledsoe and a pick for Jrue would be a good deal. Don't see why they would do Middleton for CJ unless they were getting something else as well.

NBAGOAT
09-14-2020, 07:29 PM
Bledsoe and a pick for Jrue would be a good deal. Don't see why they would do Middleton for CJ unless they were getting something else as well.

bucks fans seem a bit desperate for some consistent scoring late in games but I agree. i think if blazers did it they would be the ones expecting something else and that's just not happening

Axe
09-14-2020, 07:37 PM
What went wrong earlier was that the bucks chose to keep bledsoe instead of brogdon. I don't see the logic behind this aside from the latter wanting a bigger role for the team and you could see what happened with the limping pacers during the rs. They got a winning record by the end of the season.

Rudeboy3
09-14-2020, 07:42 PM
malcolm was literally the only one on the team apart from giannis who could break down a defence, attack the basket and score. Also not to mention he was our most clutch player, he'd always make big ****ing 3s for us and they let him walk. You have a lot of stupid buck fans trying to cope with him leaving by saying "he left because he hated Milwaukee because it was segregated" yeah, he hated Milwaukee's segregation problem so much he fked off to Indiana the most diverse state in the US, lmao, clowns. **** THE BUCKS, GIANNIS NEEDS TO LEAVE FOR GOLDEN STATE

MrFonzworth
09-14-2020, 07:46 PM
malcolm was literally the only one on the team apart from giannis who could break down a defence, attack the basket and score. Also not to mention he was our most clutch player, he'd always make big ****ing 3s for us and they let him walk. You have a lot of stupid buck fans trying to cope with him leaving by saying "he left because he hated Milwaukee because it was segregated" yeah, he hated Milwaukee's segregation problem so much he fked off to Indiana the most diverse state in the US, lmao, clowns. **** THE BUCKS, GIANNIS NEEDS TO LEAVE FOR GOLDEN STATE

Meltdown

Rudeboy3
09-14-2020, 07:50 PM
melt this dick down ur throat cuck

ThatCoolKid
09-14-2020, 08:24 PM
I have to say I agree with Rudeboy here. Giannis needs to realize this franchise already ****ed up and cannot offer him a good chance at a title. Move on if you want to win big fella. Mavs are the best basketball situation, not sure GSW have the cap space for Giannis and those guys are getting older.

Kblaze8855
09-14-2020, 08:30 PM
Because GMs care more about the franchise making money than winning a title. Giannis is ticket sales, jersey sales, merchandising sales. Giannis is relevance. Giannis is marquee matchups on National Television. Giannis is playoff berths every year.

That stuff matters more in the grand scheme of things than winning a title, especially in an undesirable place like Milwaukee.

With margins as thin as they are you think teams make money by going into the luxury tax? That teams like the Heat and warriors Who are all about winning are looking to get Giannis for more national tv games?

Axe
09-14-2020, 08:30 PM
No, he should try to join the celtics instead if there's a chance. The west are stacked af already.

brooks_thompson
09-14-2020, 08:44 PM
I'm like 99% sure it's true and that it was reported (AND 80% sure Giannis mentioned it early in the season, and why he had no hard feelings toward Brogdon or management) that Brogdon preferred to leave Milwaukee. It wouldn't be the first time an organization did right by a player and agreed by request not to match; in fact, the only instance I can remember of a franchise forcing a restricted free agent to stay was New Orleans with Eric Gordon, who asked to not be matched so he could go to Phoenix. Instead he was trapped and coincidentally turned in numerous injured seasons and uninspired play until he was all of a sudden rejuvenated once he was unrestricted and signed with the Rockets.

Real Men Wear Green
09-14-2020, 08:49 PM
No, he should try to join the celtics instead if there's a chance. The west are stacked af already.

Cs don't have the space. If he is willing to go full Anthony Davis and force a trade to one team the celtics could base an awful trade around Jaylen Brown but he wouldn't di that to get to Boston. I dondr want to see the team lose JB anyhow so in this case in fine with the celtics not being the preferred destination. He's going to the Warriors for the Ex-Wolf whose name I am laughing that I forgot and their lottery pick. I think it's #2.

brooks_thompson
09-14-2020, 08:54 PM
Why would he go to the Warriors? They are down to counting on their core 3 guys to carry them. No more help from Iguodala, Livingston, Bogut, Pachulia, Barnes at al. They'll probably be an annoying, tough out, but they're not winning another title. 5 years of success through one extremely shrewd signing (Iguodala) and one fluke Durant signing and people act like they're the Lakers and everyone wants to play there.

Oh and the guy who stopped Bob Myers from trading Klay Thompson for Kevin Love is long gone.

Clifton
09-14-2020, 08:57 PM
Never got why they let Brogdan go to begin with.
I remember his injury history being bad. Going into the luxury tax for a league-average starting point guard with a history of leg problems didn't strike me as a moral imperative at the time.

But now that he continues to improve and Bledsoe's career just keeps cratering, yeah they could really use Brogdon right now.

I just never believed that Brodgon's off the dribble game was for real. I thought he was benefitting from the system like the Coach Bud Hawks guards used to do.

Gohan
09-14-2020, 08:58 PM
Rudeboy you’re welcome as a fan of GOLDENSTATE when he comes even if it is bandwagon

Kblaze8855
09-14-2020, 08:58 PM
Anything the warriors did to get Giannis and keep Klay and Curry would make for not only an insane team but a great environment. I highly doubt he’s a KD type personality wise.

brooks_thompson
09-14-2020, 09:00 PM
And if Brogdon was that good Indiana would've taken a game off of Miami.

Brogdon is not the type of guy who is the difference between the conference semis and a championship. Maybe he would've gotten them an extra win against Miami.

Rudeboy3
09-14-2020, 09:00 PM
You don't understand how badly i want giannis on golden state, him with steph and klay, would be unstoppable. Good luck trying to build a wall on him when the people he's going to be kicking out to are best backout in nba history. Just thinking about it makes me erect

Roundball_Rock
09-14-2020, 09:02 PM
Even if they stay true to their word, who is going to sign in Milwaukee? We see over and over how difficult it is for small markets to sign stars. How many stars have chosen a small market during the free agency era?

brooks_thompson
09-14-2020, 09:03 PM
Even if they stay true to their word, who is going to sign in Milwaukee? We see over and over how difficult it is for small markets to sign stars. How many stars have chosen a small market during the free agency era?

"Malcolm Brogdon"

Rudeboy3
09-14-2020, 09:03 PM
And if Brogdon was that good Indiana would've taken a game off of Miami.

Brogdon is not the type of guy who is the difference between the conference semis and a championship. Maybe he would've gotten them an extra win against Miami.

wrong, Brogdon is that good as a complimentary guy. having another guy who can average 15+ with Giannis and Middletons 20+ put the bucks over the top. Brogdon was literally the bucks 2nd or 3rd best player in the raptors series last playoffs and he was coming off a 2-month injury. He was going to be an all-star this year untill an injury ****ed it, he's literally a fringe all-star that the bucks just let him go

brooks_thompson
09-14-2020, 09:05 PM
It is a good point that the only way they're getting into the tax now is taking back 100-125-% in a trade or by using the MLE (a player who will be far less talented than even Brogdon). But, they respected MB's wishes as I said above so they're just workin with what they got. And they have plenty to win a championship if their MVP basketball player rounds out a little bit more.

brooks_thompson
09-14-2020, 09:10 PM
wrong, Brogdon is that good as a complimentary guy. having another guy who can average 15+ with Giannis and Middletons 20+ put the bucks over the top. Brogdon was literally the bucks 2nd or 3rd best player in the raptors series last playoffs and he was coming off a 2-month injury. He was going to be an all-star this year untill an injury ****ed it, he's literally a fringe all-star that the bucks just let him go

Also wrong. And for the last time, Brogdon preferred to sign elsewhere. Whether it was because he didn't like the city or didn't like his role and wanted a bigger opportunity, I don't know. But he didn't want to stay there.

And no Brogdon is not a ceiling raiser from the semis to the Finals. Throw him on the Raptors or Celtics as a third guard, that series plays out the same way. Throw him on Houston or Denver, see how those series would've went. He's a good, sometimes very good starter is all. IF he had wanted to stay there, then yes the Bucks should have matched. But he did not.

Doranku
It is a good point that the only way they're getting into the tax now is taking back 100-125-% in a trade or by using the MLE (a player who will be far less talented than even Brogdon). But, they respected MB's wishes as I said above so they're just workin with what they got. And they have plenty to win a championship if their MVP basketball player rounds out a little bit more.

Expect a novel or two from each kblaze and DMavs telling you how Milwaukee's supporting cast is a dumpster fire and Giannis' inability to score outside of 3 feet "isn't important"

Axe
Cs don't have the space. If he is willing to go full Anthony Davis and force a trade to one team the celtics could base an awful trade around Jaylen Brown but he wouldn't di that to get to Boston. I dondr want to see the team lose JB anyhow so in this case in fine with the celtics not being the preferred destination. He's going to the Warriors for the Ex-Wolf whose name I am laughing that I forgot and their lottery pick. I think it's #2.
That's why i said if there's a chance lol. It would be nice to see than what people hype that he'll go to the warriors instead.

iamgine
09-14-2020, 09:35 PM
Sign Dragic and Hayward

Dragic
Matthews
Middleton
Hayward
Giannis

Roundball_Rock
09-14-2020, 09:42 PM
"Malcolm Brogdon"

He is a star in your book?

Real Men Wear Green
09-14-2020, 10:00 PM
Sign Dragic and Hayward

Dragic
Matthews
Middleton
Hayward
Giannis

Hayward gets 34 mil next year. If he opts out he's going to take a big pay cut in the short term. Unless he takes Finals MVP he should opt in get a year to improve his value and show he's not injury-prone.

And to go to Milwaukee that has no space he has to take the minimum or the exception. He would have a slightly bigger role away from Brown and Tatum but is still just third option making a lot less money.

r0drig0lac
09-14-2020, 10:10 PM
Why would he go to the Warriors? They are down to counting on their core 3 guys to carry them. No more help from Iguodala, Livingston, Bogut, Pachulia, Barnes at al. They'll probably be an annoying, tough out, but they're not winning another title. 5 years of success through one extremely shrewd signing (Iguodala) and one fluke Durant signing and people act like they're the Lakers and everyone wants to play there.

Oh and the guy who stopped Bob Myers from trading Klay Thompson for Kevin Love is long gone.

this x1000 lol warriors

Stanley Kobrick
09-14-2020, 10:15 PM

i agree with you brooks_thompson

999Guy
09-14-2020, 10:52 PM
CP3 trade is obvious and would easily put them over the east, while still not sacrificing flexibility as long as they don’t get leveraged into rape.

The core of:

CP3
Donte
Middleton
Giannis
Lopez

Wouldn’t lose to any EC team. Now the Lakers as constructed are kinda soft core dynasty feeling. Nothing truly unfair but I’m not betting against them.

But Milwaukee is really resourceful with finding competent scrubs so they’d have a good shot at a title.

Ersan seems unplayable in the PS, and Hill is average when needed to extend his role. Bledsoe turns into Andre Roberson in the playoffs.

They’d be much better. I think it happens unless the Knicks do something retarded.

highwhey
09-14-2020, 10:55 PM
He needs to come to Phoenix, Devin Booker will more than make up for his shooting struggles. That would be amazing to watch actually, an elite perimeter scorer that has proven he can make clutch shots and rise to the moment, paired with Giannis, a serious post threat.

Axe
09-14-2020, 10:55 PM
He needs to come to Phoenix, Devin Booker will more than make up for his shooting struggles. That would be amazing to watch actually, an elite perimeter scorer that has proven he can make clutch shots and rise to the moment, paired with Giannis, a serious post threat.
I thought you said giannis has no skill at all lol

highwhey
09-14-2020, 10:57 PM
I thought you said giannis has no skill at all lol

nows not the time to bring up old posts. my motto is to move forward and not look back.

Axe
09-14-2020, 11:04 PM
nows not the time to bring up old posts. my motto is to move forward and not look back.
Oh i see. My bad :oldlol:

brooks_thompson
09-14-2020, 11:05 PM
He is a star in your book?

Of course not, hence the quotes

GimmeThat
09-14-2020, 11:08 PM
3 years deal with a 4th year player option seems to be what the Bucks are willing to handle

AintNoSunshine
09-15-2020, 12:30 AM

None of these names are game changers and they won't get them over the hump to be honest. They need another top caliber guy.

Penetrator
09-15-2020, 12:37 AM
Unless gianus is your Pippen you aren't winning shit

bobopenguin
09-15-2020, 12:55 AM
if bucks is serious, they will come up with a package and trade for harden.

Axe
09-15-2020, 02:06 AM
if bucks is serious, they will come up with a package and trade for harden.
Did he bury the hatchet with giannis already? I know they had some exchange of trashtalk earlier in the season.

And1AllDay
09-15-2020, 03:00 AM
"Malcolm Brogdon"

:oldlol:

bobopenguin
09-15-2020, 03:47 AM
Did he bury the hatchet with giannis already? I know they had some exchange of trashtalk earlier in the season.

i dont think they ever talk it out, but imagine giannis and harden paired up, it's instant championship contender team.
i dont think rockers has the package to offer beside harden, so it would be the bucks to initiate the trade, bucks probably need to find 3rd team to help rockets unload westbrook, cos rockets definitely wont keep westbrook.

NBAGOAT
09-15-2020, 03:49 AM
None of these names are game changers and they won't get them over the hump to be honest. They need another top caliber guy.

So you’re thinking Beal or bust?

Axe
09-15-2020, 06:01 AM
i dont think they ever talk it out, but imagine giannis and harden paired up, it's instant championship contender team.
i dont think rockers has the package to offer beside harden, so it would be the bucks to initiate the trade, bucks probably need to find 3rd team to help rockets unload westbrook, cos rockets definitely wont keep westbrook.
Yeah, I'd also like to see the possibility of those two teaming up, with harden coming to the bucks so he can play in the east but most likely, this is just some wishful thinking.

However, who do you think will have the priority to lead in terms of scoring? That might be the potential conflict that may arise between the two if they ever become teammates.

WhiteKyrie
09-15-2020, 09:58 AM
Unless gianus is your Pippen you aren't winning shit

Giannis is def a Pippen. He needs to pull a 25 year old LeBron, and find his mentally tougher Jordan, to teach him how to win, like he did with Wade.

Gohan
09-15-2020, 10:24 AM
Giannis is def a Pippen. He needs to pull a 25 year old LeBron, and find his mentally tougher Jordan, to teach him how to win, like he did with Wade.

Steph is the right guy for the job

DMAVS41
09-15-2020, 10:39 AM
So you’re thinking Beal or bust?

How do they get Beal?

Roundball_Rock
09-15-2020, 10:53 AM
Of course not, hence the quotes

I had to check. You never know on ISH where you have people saying Davis>Kareem or Ewing>LeBron. :lol

ralph_i_el
09-15-2020, 11:07 AM
They're going to have to go in to the luxury just to keep this team together, right?

999Guy
09-15-2020, 02:20 PM

Chris Paul is a game changer and I think front offices finally see that.

Every single time he’s changed teams he’s been underrated.

People thought Houston got WORSE in 2018, nobody expected the Clippers to even look like contenders back in 2012.

And the Thunder were obviously super underrated.

The Chris Paul formula: People’s expectations + 15 wins = New Team

NBAGOAT
09-15-2020, 05:30 PM
How do they get Beal?

dont have a good idea for that but if jrue's not enough then you're looking at all-nba level guys. beal's the only one who's even getting rumors right now.

Edit:
saw this on realgm's trade board. unrealistic but there's a framework.

Middleton to Warriors
Beal to Bucks
Wiggins / DiVicenzo / # 2 / # 24 / other stuff to wizards

DMAVS41
09-15-2020, 05:36 PM
dont have a good idea for that but if jrue's not enough then you're looking at all-nba level guys. beal's the only one who's even getting rumors right now.

Edit:
saw this on realgm's trade board. unrealistic but there's a framework.

Middleton to Warriors
Beal to Bucks
Wiggins / DiVicenzo / # 2 / # 24 / other stuff to wizards

Yea, it would have to be something like that.

Just going to be very hard for the Bucks to turn Middleton into a much better player.

NBAGOAT
09-15-2020, 05:37 PM
Yea, it would have to be something like that.

Just going to be very hard for the Bucks to turn Middleton into a much better player.

yea just more likely bledsoe is the trade piece and that never gets you an all-nba level guy besides an aging lowry or paul

Marchesk
09-15-2020, 05:44 PM
bucks fans seem a bit desperate for some consistent scoring late in games but I agree.

So ... Chris Paul it is then?

light
09-15-2020, 05:54 PM
He's probably already gone if it came down to a 3 hour meeting promising big spending. Giannis has got to be thinking, "But why did they allow the situation to get to this point? Why weren't they proactively spending?"

ThatCoolKid
09-15-2020, 05:58 PM
Doesn't matter anymore. Brogdon is gone. Should have had this conversation a year ago.

DMAVS41
09-15-2020, 06:25 PM
yea just more likely bledsoe is the trade piece and that never gets you an all-nba level guy besides an aging lowry or paul

Paul would be better assuming no decline immediately, but even then...how do you make the salaries work in a trade in a way the Thunder would actually go for.

I guess you could throw in a couple future picks or something, but ugh, that is a lot for an aging Paul prone to breaking down in deep playoff runs for a team needing him for exactly that.

Should have gone for that this year also, which would make the deal a year later look pretty bad.

NBAGOAT
09-15-2020, 06:33 PM
Paul would be better assuming no decline immediately, but even then...how do you make the salaries work in a trade in a way the Thunder would actually go for.

I guess you could throw in a couple future picks or something, but ugh, that is a lot for an aging Paul prone to breaking down in deep playoff runs for a team needing him for exactly that.

Should have gone for that this year also, which would make the deal a year later look pretty bad.

Yea they could’ve gotten assets back then for Bledsoe. Now Paul’s got one less year and that vegan diet is promising. It would take divincenzo or first along with a 2nd I think

DMAVS41
09-15-2020, 06:37 PM
Yea they could’ve gotten assets back then for Bledsoe. Now Paul’s got one less year and that vegan diet is promising. It would take divincenzo or first along with a 2nd I think

Yea...and that is a lot. For the salaries to work it would probably have to be Bledsoe/Hill/Divencenzo/Ersan/Robin...and then likely a first rounder. Ugh, you are losing 3 key rotation players for an old Paul. I don't think you can do that.

The vegan diet isn't promising. It is likely that he's just eating healthier...athletes that go vegan for more than a year almost always have health issues. Paul right now is likely in the intermediate stage of benefiting from the lack of crap food. He should add in some quality animal protein and he'd be good to go.

NBAGOAT
09-15-2020, 06:39 PM
Yea...and that is a lot. For the salaries to work it would probably have to be Bledsoe/Hill/Divencenzo/Ersan/Robin...and then likely a first rounder. Ugh, you are losing 3 key rotation players for an old Paul. I don't think you can do that.

I think they can throw in dj Wilson instead of hill. Not sure

r0drig0lac
09-15-2020, 06:59 PM
I really believe that Derozan and Oladipo will be available for the Bucks and probably without losing Kris