PDA

View Full Version : Kemba beat the Raptors, why couldn't Stephen Curry?

Stanley Kobrick
09-14-2020, 10:43 PM
Stephen Curry had Klay, Demarcus, Iggy, Draymond, Livingston. Kemba has Theis, Smart, Jaylen, Tatum

really puts things into perspective. i suppose every one just accepts a stephen curry team will lose if he is not accompanied by 3 or more all-stars and a Top 3 player. interesting nonetheless

Axe
09-14-2020, 10:46 PM
Curry got outplayed by a 25-year old vanvleet in last year's finals

Gohan
09-14-2020, 10:50 PM
Vanvleet was killin it last year and they were playing that box and 1 on curry holding him like lue did to iverson in the finals. Give curry Tatum and brown and they beat raps in finals. If cousins so good why did lakers release him. They lacked depth

Stanley Kobrick
09-14-2020, 10:52 PM
Curry got outplayed by a 25-year old vanvleet in last year's finals
flashes of 2015 dellavedova, 2016-17 irving, 2018 durant. i respect kemba much more after this series, he actually guarded kyle lowry and van vleet. unlike stephen curry who stood in the corner on danny green and had klay take on the defensive PG responsibility

Stanley Kobrick
09-14-2020, 10:58 PM
Vanvleet was killin it last year and they were playing that box and 1 on curry holding him like lue did to iverson in the finals. Give curry Tatum and brown and they beat raps in finals. If cousins so good why did lakers release him. They lacked depth
stephen curry had great depth with demarcus, livingston and bogut off the bench. kemba has wanamaker, ojeleye and williams. demarcus tore his achilles and was out for the season, not signed by anyone after lakers cut him

Axe
09-14-2020, 11:02 PM
flashes of 2015 dellavedova, 2016-17 irving, 2018 durant. i respect kemba much more after this series, he actually guarded kyle lowry and van vleet. unlike stephen curry who stood in the corner on danny green and had klay take on the defensive PG responsibility
Klay was absent for game 3 last year so curry had his best chance to lead golden state which he did by scoring 47 points on 45.2% shooting but it wasn't enough to tie that series to 2-2 because he didn't let his other remaining peers get involved, simply by letting any of them score at least 20 points. Only draymond got the closest but he was still 30 points behind curry, at a total of 17.

GimmeThat
09-14-2020, 11:02 PM
because he's a cook, not a chef. let us call him, Cook Curry.

BigtimeNBAFan
09-14-2020, 11:10 PM
I was going to say something about not having as good of a supporting cast with Klay down and obviously Durant not there, but you are right. Steph really didn't step up in that 4th quarter. Draymond(although he did have some bad turnovers) and Klay had great game 6's with their season on the line. Klay had 30 on just 12 shots in just 3 quarters. Steph did not and of course missed the potential gamewinner.

HBK_Kliq_2
09-14-2020, 11:14 PM
This is taking it too far with the anti Curry stuff. Replace Kemba with Curry and they sweep raptors.

Real Men Wear Green
09-14-2020, 11:16 PM
The trolling isn't funny.