PDA

View Full Version : So how bad did Morey ruin the Rockets Future?

AirTupac
09-15-2020, 12:11 PM
Harden is 31 (and probably sick of this team). Harden went from an all around offensive player who was elite in the mid range to just chucking 3's and driving for the freethrow. Then you got Chuckbrick and Tyson Chandler as your C.

Once Harden leaves, what is Houston left with? Every other surrounding team has a bright future. Rest in piss boys.

light
09-15-2020, 05:55 PM
Harden is 31 (and probably sick of this team). Harden went from an all around offensive player who was elite in the mid range to just chucking 3's and driving for the freethrow. Then you got Chuckbrick and Tyson Chandler as your C.

Once Harden leaves, what is Houston left with? Every other surrounding team has a bright future. Rest in piss boys.

Houston will probably improve once Harden leaves.

Smook A.
09-15-2020, 06:20 PM

They won't even make the playoffs. Not even close

You're legitimately crazy if you actually believe what you just said

NBAGOAT
09-15-2020, 06:23 PM

Are they getting Luka in return?

DMAVS41
09-15-2020, 06:33 PM
Morey built a historically good 2018 Rockets team. He also landed Harden in the first place.

I don't agree with some of the stuff he's done...and his teams have always lacked depth, but it really took bad luck (which happens) to prevent them from winning a ring in 2018 imo.

Also, the Russ trade was not Morey. It was Harden. Harden did not like Paul and wanted him gone. Probably didn't like his personality...and likely thought Paul wasn't going to be able to stay healthy in deep playoff runs....and had the idea to play with a friend of his. I think his views on Paul were probably fair for the most part, but Russ never made sense on this team.

Knowing what we know about Morey, there is no way in hell that Paul/picks for Russ trade was his idea. That blame likely all goes on Harden.

tontoz
09-15-2020, 06:49 PM
I think some people don't realize how successful Morey has been. He inherited a team with Yao and Tmac as the franchise players then lost both to career ending injuries.

He has turned the roster over a couple of times but I don't think he has ever had a losing record in the tough West.

He has never had a top draft pick or had a top level free agent yet has the best record in the league over the last few years.

light
09-15-2020, 07:45 PM
They won't even make the playoffs. Not even close

You're legitimately crazy if you actually believe what you just said

You've never seen a team still make the playoffs after its star player left?

Happens all the time.

999Guy
09-15-2020, 07:48 PM
They’re done. I know you can’t call anything for sure in the nba but there are no moves that get them out of mediocrity.

Nothing. Nobody is bailing them out on Russ’s deal and they only have a couple mediocre late 1st rounders left.

They’re also really old.

Russell Westbrook was beyond bad for his third straight playoff run.

But this was the worst ever in his career.

12 PER, 46 TS %, 4TOV.

He had 42/24/53 shooting splits. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

No skills at all, and he’s injury prone. He’s had all kinds of surgery on his knees and hands. Rockets seem to be delusional too. Starting with the owner. They don’t see problems with their moves.

Smoke117
09-15-2020, 07:56 PM
Morey built a historically good 2018 Rockets team. He also landed Harden in the first place.

I don't agree with some of the stuff he's done...and his teams have always lacked depth, but it really took bad luck (which happens) to prevent them from winning a ring in 2018 imo.

Also, the Russ trade was not Morey. It was Harden. Harden did not like Paul and wanted him gone. Probably didn't like his personality...and likely thought Paul wasn't going to be able to stay healthy in deep playoff runs....and had the idea to play with a friend of his. I think his views on Paul were probably fair for the most part, but Russ never made sense on this team.

Knowing what we know about Morey, there is no way in hell that Paul/picks for Russ trade was his idea. That blame likely all goes on Harden.

Exactly. Harden is the reason why this all went down. Obviously he doesn't care about all those lost picks in the middle of this decade when he'll be retired. They still gave way more than they should have. Thunder basically replaced one all star PG with another and they got a shit load of first round picks, too.

Spurs m8
09-15-2020, 08:10 PM
Lol @ Harden being sick of the team.

The team should be sick of him....he would legit be the worst team mate to play with.

They've put some decent lists around him, he is the loser, as we gave always said....his style does not translate to the playoffs and its why he always fails

Honor Boost
09-15-2020, 08:15 PM
Huh how did he ruin them when they were in thre western playoffs and somewhat competitive? Dodged a streaky 1st round loss and even stole a game on Davis-Bron LeBrow Lakers?

BigtimeNBAFan
09-15-2020, 08:45 PM
Huh how did he ruin them when they were in thre western playoffs and somewhat competitive? Dodged a streaky 1st round loss and even stole a game on Davis-Bron LeBrow Lakers?

True. He has failed to deliver a championship to Houston, but he has built a good competitive franchise that is winning 50 plus games and regularly winning in the first round of the playoffs. They certainly could be worse and they were worse for the decade before Morey got there.

imdaman99
09-15-2020, 09:22 PM
They’re done. I know you can’t call anything for sure in the nba but there are no moves that get them out of mediocrity.

Nothing. Nobody is bailing them out on Russ’s deal and they only have a couple mediocre late 1st rounders left.

They’re also really old.

Russell Westbrook was beyond bad for his third straight playoff run.

But this was the worst ever in his career.

12 PER, 46 TS %, 4TOV.

He had 42/24/53 shooting splits. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

No skills at all, and he’s injury prone. He’s had all kinds of surgery on his knees and hands. Rockets seem to be delusional too. Starting with the owner. They don’t see problems with their moves.

He was coming back from an injury you dipshit, and he came back early. He was good in the regular season when he was healthy. He's an athletic guy that takes some time to get accustomed to, especially coming back from an injury in his legs. I know it's hard for a fat potato that lives in the basement to comprehend how injury can affect someone so negatively, surely you must have pulled a muscle bringing donuts to your mouth before?

999Guy
09-15-2020, 09:37 PM
He was coming back from an injury you dipshit, and he came back early. He was good in the regular season when he was healthy. He's an athletic guy that takes some time to get accustomed to, especially coming back from an injury in his legs. I know it's hard for a fat potato that lives in the basement to comprehend how injury can affect someone so negatively, surely you must have pulled a muscle bringing donuts to your mouth before?
I would believe that if this wasn’t real:
https://i.ibb.co/XJ4GCsT/AA6-B67-D9-CFA8-466-A-AA90-D1-FC1-DC40537.jpg

Look at the past 4 years.

He’s regressed almost the same amount every year.

He was TERRIBLE mentally and physically against LA. He did nothing well at all. I can’t imagine a guy going from truly terrible to even average if 110%.

But really I just gave your horseshit emotion to much credence because now that I’m thinking about it, Westbrook looked fine physically. He was flying all over the place. He was just dumb about everything he did.

The guy shot 42/24/53 WHILE NOT BEING GUARDED and you think injury was his problem? He played and had plenty of time work into things. He just sucks in playoff basketball.

imdaman99
09-16-2020, 12:10 AM
Westbrook looked fine physically.

Dude you read stats, you clearly haven't watched more than a few Westbrook games in your life. He did not look fine. He barely got 1 dunk the entire series, and it was a weak dunk when he was wide open. When he is going, he is yamming it any time he gets a chance. Don't believe me? Watch a Westbrook highlight reel from earlier in the year, he throws down dunks in traffic in 4th quarters. He is a rhythm player, always takes a while to get going. Not to mention him getting covid. But I don't expect someone that studies boxscores to understand that.

kentatm
09-16-2020, 12:20 AM

Morey didn't want the Westbrook trade. It went against everything his analytics based system stands for. That was GM Harden's call.

DMAVS41
09-16-2020, 12:22 AM
Morey didn't want the Westbrook trade. It went against everything his analytics based system stands for. That was GM Harden's call.

Exactly.

Anyone that knows anything about Morey knows that he was forced to make that deal. I understand Harden not wanting to play with Paul. His personality wears everyone out and he gets hurt a lot, but only a player, not Morey, would ever want to lose picks to get Russ instead of Paul.