PDA

View Full Version : LA County Sheriff Calls out Lebron James on recent deputy shootings

dreamshake
09-15-2020, 05:06 PM
CBSN Los Angeles
WATCH

LA County Sheriff Calls On LeBron James To ‘Step Up To The Plate’, Double Reward To Find Gunman In Deputy Ambush
Author: CBSLA Staff
September 15, 2020 at 7:40 am
Filed Under: LeBron James, Sheriff Alex Villanueva

LOS ANGELES (CBSLA) – Sheriff Alex Villanueva is challenging Lakers star LeBron James to contribute to efforts to find the gunman who shot two Los Angeles County deputies at point-blank range.

Villanueva made the challenge during an interview on a local radio show Monday.

There are two private pledges totaling $75,000, in addition to the $100,000 from the county, but the sheriff is calling on James to kick in $175,000 or even $350,000.

“I want to make a challenge…to LeBron James,” he said. “I want you to match that and double that reward because I know you care about law enforcement.

“You expressed a very interesting statement on race relations and officer-involved shootings and the impact that it has on the African-American community and I appreciate that, but likewise, we need to appreciate that respect for life goes across professions, races, creeds, and I’d like to see LeBron James step up to the plate and double that.”LA County Sheriff Calls On LeBron James To ‘Step Up To The Plate’, Double Reward To Find Gunman In Deputy Ambush

It’s unclear specifically which statement Villanueva was referring to, but James has publicly condemned the police shootings of George Floyd, Jacob Blake, and others in recent months, saying African Americans are “scared”.

There was no immediate response from James to the sheriff’s challenge.

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020/09/14/lebron-james-la-county-deputies-shot-sheriff-villanueva/

Lebron23
09-15-2020, 05:45 PM
https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020/09/14/lebron-james-la-county-deputies-shot-sheriff-villanueva/

Lebron is going to play in the Conference Finals. Social issues is out of his mind right now.

starface
09-15-2020, 05:48 PM
This is a fireable offense IMO.

You do not call out a profound, articulate, iconic civil rights leader this way. Like... who does this dude think LeWoke is, just another athlete? Nah, **** that. He is MORE THAN AN ATHLETE.

LeBrilliant is too important to American society to be responding to every shooting that takes place here or there. If a crackhead thief or rapist gets killed while resisting arrest, then yeah, obviously it’s time to step up and be a voice, and he has done that. But expecting him to make a public response to every ambush shooting that happens in his own city... it’s low key got racist udertones. Like this sherrif thinks Lebron is some “boy” who can be ordered around like a slave.

Fvck that. LeBron has proven everytime he speaks or tweets that he has a deep, beautiful mind. Sherrif Magoo needs to ****ing check himself.

ThatCoolKid
09-15-2020, 05:51 PM
This is incredibly immature and clearly a publicity stunt. Lebron can donate his money as he wants to. Isn't it your job as a law enforcement official to find this gunman? Why are people putting bounties out? To encourage idiots to go out and try to be vigilante warriors?

Putting a bounty out doesn't change the capabilities of the investigators or the evidence that they have to find the gunman. It encourages a culture of reckless vigilante justice and puts people in danger.

ThatCoolKid
09-15-2020, 05:51 PM

You do not call out a profound, articulate, iconic civil rights leader this way. Like... who does this dude think LeWoke is, just another athlete? Nah, **** that. He is MORE THAN AN ATHLETE.

LeBrilliant is too important to American society to be responding to every shooting that takes place here or there. If a crackhead thief or rapist gets killed while resisting arrest, then yeah, obviously it’s time to step up and be a voice, and he has done that. But expecting him to make a public response to every ambush shooting that happens in his own city... it’s low key got racist udertones. Like this sherrif thinks Lebron is some “boy” who can be ordered around like a slave.

Fvck that. LeBron has proven everytime he speaks or tweets that he has a deep, beautiful mind. Sherrif Magoo needs to ****ing check himself.

You're a grade A moron.

Lebron23
09-15-2020, 05:54 PM
This is incredibly immature and clearly a publicity stunt. Lebron can donate his money as he wants to. Isn't it your job as a law enforcement official to find this gunman? Why are people putting bounties out? To encourage idiots to go out and try to be vigilante warriors?

Putting a bounty out doesn't change the capabilities of the investigators or the evidence that they have to find the gunman.

He's gonna get fired. That sheriff is stupid just like the OP.

Spurs m8
09-15-2020, 05:59 PM

These are the moments where it would be nice of your mom to go down the basement ramp and put your keyboard on a 6ft shelf

LAmbruh
09-15-2020, 06:26 PM
Lebron shaking down the entire corrupt LAPD and bringing legislative change nationwide

Then there's MJ refusing to support teammate Craig Hodges following the Rodney King beatings and getting him blackballed from the NBA

Lebron is truly bigger than basketball, revolutionary athlete and delicacy to the future of African Americans worldwide :applause:

FireDavidKahn
09-15-2020, 06:31 PM
This is the dumbest sh!t ever.

Sheriff publicly pegs LeBron for money to try and make LeBron the villain here.

LeBron has nothing to do with this.

AirTupac
09-15-2020, 06:32 PM
Vanessa Bryant replied to this moron and his team that leaked Kobe's pictures post crash. Same group of guys.

ralph_i_el
09-15-2020, 06:39 PM
We talking about the LAPD? That used to be one of the biggest drug and extortion rackets in US history?

Big city cops get caught up in a bunch of ****ed up shit, then stuff like this happens. Look at the Chris Dorner situation.

starface
09-15-2020, 06:42 PM
We talking about the LAPD? That used to be one of the biggest drug and extortion rackets in US history?

Big city cops get caught up in a bunch of ****ed up shit, then stuff like this happens. Look at the Chris Dorner situation.

Huh? Theyre a government agency with big funding and big pensions for the workers. Lots of government bureaucrats to hold them accountable. Theres no way theyre corrupt.

From each cop based on his ability, to each citizen based on their needs. Theres literally no way possible a social honor system gets corrupted if they stick to that creed.

You must be misinformed.

Stanley Kobrick
09-15-2020, 06:46 PM
Vanessa Bryant replied to this moron and his team that leaked Kobe's pictures post crash. Same group of guys.
that is heartbreaking, it seems this police department is getting disgruntled and desperate now that their 8 week paid vacations were defunded. thinning the herd between the morally honest officers and the ones looking to play cops n robbers, the protests are becoming exceedingly efficient at the ultimate goal

Spurs m8
09-15-2020, 07:16 PM
Read the posts of airtupac. You trumptards are gonna get demolish in november.

Either way, your country is fvcked, the shadow government are sending it down the drain, one step at a time...

You think pedo Biden is on your side?lol
None of them are

Spurs m8
09-15-2020, 07:17 PM
LeBLM at it again.

Dumber than a rock outside basketball. Nobody should be taking any type of advice or "wisdom" from LeGhetto.

:roll:

The dude can't even string a sentence together in writing

SATAN
09-15-2020, 07:21 PM
Sheriff is Chewing levels pathetic. This is the bs they do. Constantly deflect and attack.

SATAN
09-15-2020, 07:21 PM
LeBLM at it again.

Dumber than a rock outside basketball. Nobody should be taking any type of advice or "wisdom" from LeGhetto.

You're a ****ing idiot bro.

BigtimeNBAFan
09-15-2020, 07:23 PM
This only makes the Sheriff look like an idiot. Read what Vanessa Bryant posted about the situation and how his department handled the Kobe helicopter crash scene. These people should do their job and not go after private citizens.

BigtimeNBAFan
09-15-2020, 07:27 PM
LeBLM at it again.

This idiot who supports a reality star for president who had to pay 25 million in education fraud for his scam university is attacking someone who has built a legitimate school and has paid for 1,100 kids to go to college(probably more at this point). Let me guess though, you totally aren't a racist.

LAmbruh
09-15-2020, 07:37 PM
This idiot who supports a reality star for president who had to pay 25 million in education fraud for his scam university is attacking someone who has built a legitimate school and has paid for 1,100 kids to go to college(probably more at this point). Let me guess though, you totally aren't a racist.

lmao rekt

tpols
09-15-2020, 07:43 PM

Educate yourself.

From an (educated) black man. If your goldfish level attention span allows for it, watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZw4pNdWXpc

The facts paint a totally different reality.

BigtimeNBAFan
09-15-2020, 07:51 PM
Educate yourself.

From an (educated) black man. If your goldfish level attention span allows for it, watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZw4pNdWXpc

The facts paint a totally different reality.

No, the fact is Trump had to pay 25,000,000 in a settlement for running a scam university. It is also a fact that Lebron had paid for people to go to college and built a school and is very charitable.

Maybe you should educate yourself since you fell for a conman.

I alluded to you being a racist because you called Lebron "Leghetto." Yeah that is racist. And it is hilarious considering you support a reality star who still mumbles and misspells basic words and his own sister said he cheated on tests. If you are going to smear people for being uneducated, you sure as hell better support smarter people than moron reality stars.

starface
09-15-2020, 07:56 PM
No, the fact is Trump had to pay 25,000,000 in a settlement for running a scam university. It is also a fact that Lebron had paid for people to go to college and built a school and is very charitable.

I alluded to you being a racist because you called Lebron "Leghetto." Yeah that is racist. And it is hilarious considering you support a reality star who still mumbles and misspells basic words and his own sister said he cheated on tests. If you are going to smear people for being uneducated, you sure as hell better support smarter people than moron reality stars.

Earlier today this guy was literally having a conversation with his own alt (SATAN).

He was like “Ive been noticing you, I like your posting style, bro, but I disagree about this or that NBA opinion...” and then like responding to himself with other account :roll:

Imagine that being your life.

Yowza.

tpols
09-15-2020, 07:56 PM
Calling somebody ghetto is a character assessment. I didn't mention race at all.. you did. You have to come smarter than that, dummy.

BigtimeNBAFan
09-15-2020, 08:02 PM
Calling somebody ghetto is a character assessment. I didn't mention race at all.. you did. You have to come smarter than that, dummy.

Calling a black person "ghetto" is racist. Not surprising someone as stupid as you didn't know that. Again, your judge of character is equally as stupid since you are defending someone who ran a scam university and had to pay 25 million in education fraud. By your own reasoning, you are pretty ghetto.

BigtimeNBAFan
09-15-2020, 08:05 PM
Earlier today this guy was literally having a conversation with his own alt (SATAN).

He was like “Ive been noticing you, I like your posting style, bro, but I disagree about this or that NBA opinion...” and then like responding to himself with other account :roll:

Yowza.

I don't have an alt account. I gave a guy props for hating on Camby though if that is what you are referring to. I believe it was Gohan not Satan. I'd argued with him in some other threads.

But I agree that would be pathetic.

Honor Boost
09-15-2020, 08:08 PM
LeBronze aint donating shit. LeQing knows what he is doing, he is a hypocrite.

BigtimeNBAFan
09-15-2020, 08:10 PM
LeBronze aint donating shit. LeQing knows what he is doing, he is a hypocrite.

We get it Starface, you don't like Lebron. You don't need to create a bunch of accounts to say the same thing.

starface
09-15-2020, 08:11 PM
I don't have an alt account. I gave a guy props for hating on Camby though if that is what you are referring to. I believe it was Gohan not Satan. I'd argued with him in some other threads.

But I agree that would be pathetic.

Oh right, it was your Gohan gimmick, not the SATAN one. I get those ones confused along with ThatCoolKid.

Your life is boss :rockon:

BigtimeNBAFan
09-15-2020, 08:13 PM
Oh right, it was your Gohan gimmick, not the SATAN one. I get those ones confused along with ThatCoolKid.

Your life is boss :rockon:

It is actually a pretty good life. Went river running and hiking over labor day weekend and went surfing this past Saturday. Definitely can't complain.

tpols
09-15-2020, 08:13 PM

Yowza.

I dont think the fella is an alt. Just another ignorant individual crying wolf, being the first to bring up race, and then accusing others of "racism".

You cant argue with stupid though. 1-2 poasts max and let them flop around.

highwhey
09-15-2020, 08:14 PM

:facepalm

BigtimeNBAFan
09-15-2020, 08:16 PM
I dont think the fella is an alt. Just another ignorant individual crying wolf, being the first to bring up race, and then accusing others of "racism".

:oldlol: Did you really just misspell post? God, you really are dumb.

starface
09-15-2020, 08:16 PM

It’s a July 2020 account.

I think it’s a safe bet nobody genuinely new has signed up to Insidehoops in at least five years. Pretty much any account dated since 2015 is an alt.

tpols
09-15-2020, 08:20 PM
:oldlol: Did you really just misspell post? God, you really are dumb.

You're new here little fella. That's been my diction for a long time. I'm tired of slapping you around though.

You're boring me now.

:sleeping

BigtimeNBAFan
09-15-2020, 08:22 PM
You're new here little fella. That's been my diction for a long time. I'm tired of slapping you around though.

You're boring me now.

:sleeping

Generally stupid people get bored easily so that isn't surprising. You made no good posts and couldn't combat anything. In the future if you are going to attack the intelligence of others, at least learn to use proper grammar. Nothing is more pathetic than some uneducated whiteboy who can't read or write calling black people "ghetto."

BigtimeNBAFan
09-15-2020, 08:26 PM

I think it’s a safe bet nobody genuinely new has signed up to Insidehoops in at least five years. Pretty much any account dated since 2015 is an alt.

To take a break from the sparring,
Honestly I used to post at Realgm.com. I even used this same account name. I had issues with the mods as they banned me and a few others from starting threads after we flamed the board in March at the start of the shutdown with a ton of Karl Malone threads. We filled the front page with various Karl Malone threads about how great he was as a joke. I decided I'd post elsewhere for a while.

I usually don't talk politics. This is an nba thread after all, but you and Daffy Duck brought it to the basketball board.

AlternativeAcc.
09-15-2020, 08:32 PM

Putting a bounty out doesn't change the capabilities of the investigators or the evidence that they have to find the gunman. It encourages a culture of reckless vigilante justice and puts people in danger.

God youre a whiny little bitch

Shut the **** up

1987_Lakers
09-15-2020, 08:32 PM

I always found it odd how Trump supporters ignore this.

Let's be honest, most Trump supporters are conspiracy theorists who claim to be "awake", but in reality do not realize they are being duped.

Trump is a classic narcissist, but I would still have rather have him in office than Hillary. God knows where this country would be foreign relations wise with her as president, we would probably be at war with Iran.

BigtimeNBAFan
09-15-2020, 08:36 PM
I always found it odd how Trump supporters ignore this.

Let's be honest, most Trump supporters are conspiracy theorists who claim to be "awake", but in reality do not realize they are being duped.

Trump is a classic narcissist, but I would still have rather have him in office than Hillary. God knows where this country would be foreign relations wise with her as president, we would probably be at war with Iran.

Yeah he is a conman, but I do agree his foreign policy is better than other Republicans and many Democrats. He is a clown, but the people around him like William Barr, Betsy Devos, Mike Pompeo are far worse.

And as little respect as I have for Trump, I would prefer him to Pence.

Anyway I'm done talking politics. I don't come to this board to do that. Got a little sidetracked though when Daffy Duck called a black man ghetto who has built schools and paid for people to go to college while defending a man who ran an education scam.

SATAN
09-15-2020, 09:02 PM

Yowza.

Second time someone has accused me of being someone's alt in the past 24 hours :biggums:

You dudes are paranoid and sad as ****. :facepalm

SATAN
09-15-2020, 09:03 PM

Imagine if you actually realized how often you're wrong :lol

Bronbron23
09-15-2020, 09:19 PM

F*ck law enforcement. Thats the dangerous job they chose. Usually because there uneducated asses have no other option. Law enforcement pays pretty good and they'll hire pretty much anyone.

starface
09-15-2020, 09:27 PM
F*ck law enforcement. Thats the dangerous job they chose. Usually because there uneducated asses have no other option. Law enforcement pays pretty good and they'll hire pretty much anyone.

I agree officers should just start walking away from working these high risk areas. Theyre putting their life at risk to collect that phatty benefit package. Thats their choice to make.

Obviously these incidents are extremely tragic and disturbing, but at this point officers understand what theyre dealing with. If they continue to show up to work in places like South Central, theyre taking a significant risk.

dreamwarrior
09-15-2020, 09:33 PM

http://pix-media.s3.amazonaws.com/blog/974/ScreenShot2015-06-12at1.37.46AM.png

It's not even that dangerous. You risk your life more by being an Uber driver than you do being a cop

BigtimeNBAFan
09-15-2020, 09:37 PM
http://pix-media.s3.amazonaws.com/blog/974/ScreenShot2015-06-12at1.37.46AM.png

It's not even that dangerous. You risk your life more by being an Uber driver than you do being a cop

Nationwide, that is certainly true. Most small town cops are basically just money collectors for the city who harass drivers going 3 miles over the speed limit.

In the 20 biggest cities in the country, those stats are going to be different.