PDA

View Full Version : How far would this year's Rockets go if they had a prime Barkley?

LukeWalton
09-15-2020, 07:42 PM
Say prime Charles Barkley (former rocket), replaced Peanutbutter Jelly Tucker
would he fit better in today's small ball line ups?

BigtimeNBAFan
09-15-2020, 07:59 PM
Depends if Westbrook would take a backseat. I can't imagine a prime Barkley playing along Harden being less efficient than Westbrook and Eric Gordon were against the Lakers.

imdaman99
09-15-2020, 09:30 PM
Depends if Westbrook would take a backseat. I can't imagine a prime Barkley playing along Harden being less efficient than Westbrook and Eric Gordon were against the Lakers.

What do you mean? He took a backseat to everyone that was better than him. PG had an MVP type year last year, unless you wanted him to take a backseat to Melo than I don't know what you're talking about. Did he not take a back seat to Harden this year? FGA is a false stat, because they don't count field goal attempts if you get to the line.

BigtimeNBAFan
09-15-2020, 09:48 PM
What do you mean? He took a backseat to everyone that was better than him. PG had an MVP type year last year, unless you wanted him to take a backseat to Melo than I don't know what you're talking about. Did he not take a back seat to Harden this year? FGA is a false stat, because they don't count field goal attempts if you get to the line.

Westbrook certainly took a backseat to Harden. I'm talking about if you added in the hypothetical prime Barkley scenario. FGA is certainly not the only factor, but Westbrook wasn't exactly getting to the line that much in games 2 and 5 where he was really bad.