PDA

View Full Version : Doc Rivers is such an overrated coach, forever living off reputation from 2008

STATUTORY
09-15-2020, 11:29 PM
futility and choke jobs ever since

and tom tibideau had a lot to do with that celtics championship

BigKobeFan
09-15-2020, 11:30 PM
futility and choke jobs ever since

and tom tibideau had a lot to do with that celtics championship

Hes always been garbage. With a team of kg, allen, rondo, and pierce, he only got 1 ship

CelticBaller
09-15-2020, 11:33 PM
He did a great job with the clippers last year

It ain’t really his fault Kwit and Pandemic P showed their true colors tonight

Gohan
09-15-2020, 11:34 PM
No he’s a terrible coach I was saying this against Dallas , king luka doesn’t look so good now does he ?

Gray GOAT
09-15-2020, 11:37 PM
Doc just came of two of this greatest coaching years, he's not the biggest problem. The Clippers are a team of dogs led by two puppies.

TheGoatest
09-15-2020, 11:42 PM
If you analyze his coaching career closely, you'll notice a pattern:

He overachieves with teams not much is expected from (2000 Orlando Magic, last year's Clippers)
Whereas he underachieves with teams championships are expected from (Kawhit/Playoff Pee Clippers, CP3/Griffin Clippers)

Yes, he won a chip in 2008, but I think he should be criticized for not winning more with those Celtics. And even the one he did win, he won in far from dominant fashion. The 2008 Celtics needed two 6 game and two 7 game series to win. I believe that is a record for amount of games a championship team needed to win. And those CP3 Clippers are some of the most underachieving teams of all time. That team had so many great pieces, that covered so many roles:

Peak CP3 - Absolute superstar, hands down the best PG in the game
Blake Griffin - Another top 10 player when he was at his best
DeAndre Jordan - A 13-15 rpg, 2-3 bpg averaging big man with a 70% FG%
JJ Reddick - One of the best shooters in the game
Jamal Crawford - Regular 6th man of the year winner. A huge scoring boost off the bench

And they never even went to the conference finals. What's even crazier is that those Clippers were never knocked out of the playoffs by the eventual western conference champion, let alone NBA champion.

Penetrator
09-15-2020, 11:43 PM
Time to fire his ass