PDA

View Full Version : My take on Kawhi Leonard after all of this

warriorfan
09-16-2020, 02:01 AM
So looking back at things Leonard was extremely successful in both San Antonio and Toronto. What both of those franchises shared in common was a well established team culture and chemistry before and after Leonard joined. He wasn’t required to lead in this department. He was the hitman, putting in work and silently producing. This time around in LA things were different. All new faces, brand new team. This team had to establish that and build it from scratch...and it never materialized. If you look at the players on the Clippers...there’s no charismatic individuals. There is no chemistry, there is no culture. It’s a bunch of talented players going through the motions. Kawhi Leonard as a basketball player in skills is the best player in the world. And he has part of the “it” factor. He is stone cold and clutch...but he doesn’t have the charismatic leadership and emotional intelligence required to build a championship team culture. To be honest I am pretty sure he is legitimately on the autism spectrum.

TommyGriffin
09-16-2020, 02:05 AM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/AltruisticLividAndalusianhorse-small.gif

warriorfan
09-16-2020, 02:07 AM

Do that to your roommate bro

:D

HBK_Kliq_2
09-16-2020, 02:10 AM
A decent point guard or a decent bench would do him wonders. Until then, Kawhi just needs more time to build synergy with George. Let Harrell walk as he was atrocious all playoffs.

Axe
09-16-2020, 02:10 AM
Another meltdown by Walk on Water

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
09-16-2020, 02:11 AM
A decent point guard or a decent bench would do him wonders. Until then, Kawhi just needs more time to build synergy with George. Let Harrell walk as he was atrocious all playoffs.

I thought you were getting a mod to perm ban you if Clippers lost babyboi?

warriorfan
09-16-2020, 02:12 AM

There’s no synergy going to develop with Kawhi Leonard and Paul George.

They are both extremely talented players but one is literally autistic and the other is just a little bitch. Nothing is happening with these two.

HBK_Kliq_2
09-16-2020, 02:20 AM
I thought you were getting a mod to perm ban you if Clippers lost babyboi?

I'm going to check myself out until the next season starts. Just thought I would show my face for a few hours.

There’s no synergy going to develop with Kawhi Leonard and Paul George.

They are both extremely talented players but one is literally autistic and the other is just a little bitch. Nothing is happening with these two.

Kawhi and zubac were +18 going into game 7, that's something to look at going forward. Kawhi led a team to a title, he knows what he's doing. The only one who was a little bit is the one blowing 1-3 leads after a 73 win season!

Kawhi has an excuse, George was depressed.

Axe
09-16-2020, 02:22 AM
^Then again, this is the same kawhi stan who mudslings a lot about siakam and the raptors losing against boston in game 7 earlier.

warriorfan
09-16-2020, 02:25 AM
I'm going to check myself out until the next season starts. Just thought I would show my face for a few hours.

Kawhi and zubac were +18 going into game 7, that's something to look at going forward. Kawhi led a team to a title, he knows what he's doing. The only one who was a little bit is the one blowing 1-3 leads after a 73 win season!

Kawhi has an excuse, George was depressed.

Stay safe out there bro. Don’t do anything stupid.

And1AllDay
09-16-2020, 02:28 AM

Andrei89
09-16-2020, 02:35 AM
Ashtray meltdown lulw

warriorfan
09-16-2020, 02:56 AM
Ashtray meltdown lulw

If I met you in real life I would rape you and there would be nothing you could do about it.

Smoke117
09-16-2020, 03:17 AM
You literally responded to yourself on your alt 4 mins later...what a fukking loser.

plowking
09-16-2020, 03:27 AM
For as much as any sport is about consistency and the better team generally winning, there are cases where it doesn't happen.

I think the Clippers are the best collection of talent in the league, and on top of that Kawhi is the best player in the league. I don't think the culture thing had too much to do with it. Sometimes coincidence and bad luck goes your way. So many things factor into winning a title. Look at Kawhi last season hitting that game winner to put them through. Who knows what happens if it doesn't go in?

Anyway, I think they are fine. Bit more time together, and come back next season, and they are right up there as title favourites again.

AlternativeAcc.
09-16-2020, 03:30 AM
You literally responded to yourself on your alt 4 mins later...what a fukking loser.

Yeah.

Its really sad. The lack of self awareness is still astonishing to me

AintNoSunshine
09-16-2020, 04:01 AM
I don't credit anything they won in San Antonio to Leonard, he was merely the 4th wheel when they were still any good. Leonard has had 1 great season that was with the Raptors last year and he wasn't even going to win the title until BOTH Durant and Klay went down.

SATAN
09-16-2020, 04:07 AM

Look forward to trashing whatever alt you're back on here with shortly. As for the OP, for once he was right about at least a few things.

The Clippers just don't seem like they gel well as individuals and it translates onto the court. It's hardly surprising when they have ****ing idiots like Beverley, Morris Snr..I don't mind Trez but he seems dumb as bricks..a known choker ect...Kawit doesn't seem impressed with what he has and as mentioned, he simply doesn't have the leadership to make it work. He might work it out because he seems more mature than the idiots mentioned but I think it's too late now. He should have got someone like Butler instead of PG. Someone who can help bring it together and take some actual pressure off Kawitter.

He doesn't deserve to called the best player in the league. Despite his talent he still has nothing on LeBron.

Axe
09-16-2020, 04:08 AM
I don't credit anything they won in San Antonio to Leonard, he was merely the 4th wheel when they were still any good. Leonard has had 1 great season that was with the Raptors last year and he wasn't even going to win the title until BOTH Durant and Klay went down.
The warriors wouldn't win any of it either if that were the case. Don't you think?

Won in 2015 finals with a hampered cavs that lost love earlier in the playoffs and irving in game 1 to their respective injuries.

Won in 2017 wcf otw to the finals after zaza's sealed kawhi's fate by stepping on his ankle, reaggravating his injury.

Won in the 2018 wcf series after cp3 was lost in game 5 and played against a lebron james with finger contusion after game 1 of the finals.

warriorfan
09-16-2020, 04:09 AM

If we are being consistent then Lebron only won with an injured Steph Curry, Andrew Bogut, Andrew Iguodala, and a dubiously suspended Draymond Green.

Phoenix
09-16-2020, 04:13 AM
HBK_Kliq_3 incoming as I predicted 2 days ago.

Another prediction: I'm going to call Axe a retard and he's going to reply within 5 minutes, even though he's the '1' on my c.unt ignore list, then I'm going to drop a KG laughing gif.

SATAN
09-16-2020, 04:17 AM
HBK_Kliq_3 incoming as I predicted 2 days ago.

Another prediction: I'm going to call Axe a retard and he's going to reply within 5 minutes, even though he's the '1' on my c.unt ignore list, then I'm going to drop a KG laughing gif.

:roll: Poor Axe

:facepalm

light
09-16-2020, 04:32 AM
Kawhi and George are both overrated. George is especially untrustworthy in the playoffs. I've been saying that all year long.

Leonard is not the guy that everyone thought he is. He has never been that guy. He had one good playoff run where he literally had a lucky bounce and was fortunate not to see Durant in the Finals. For some reason people took that to mean that he had the ability to keep willing teams back to the Finals, even if he switched teams.

LeBron made it look so easy, didn't he?

Andrei89
09-16-2020, 04:43 AM
If I met you in real life I would rape you and there would be nothing you could do about it.

That would require you to leave your basement ashtray lmaoo

Sulico
09-16-2020, 04:54 AM
What I'm happy about is this absolutely idiotic take, that Kawhi is the best player in the game, coming to an end.

Not many people had that opinion, but some did, and not all of them were HBK_Clique level stans too.

It's irrational to compare Kawhi to tier 1 players like Lebron, Durant or Curry.

Last year playoffs was Kawhi's peak to this moment, and Jokic still played better. And this year in this series Joker finally met Kawhi head to head and we all saw who's the better player out of the two.

So there's absolutely no reason to put Kawhi ahead of Jokic, not to mention Lebrons and Currys of the world.