PDA

View Full Version : All NBA Teams announced

francesco totti
09-16-2020, 03:50 PM
2019-20 All-NBA teams:

First: LeBron James, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Luka Doncic, Anthony Davis, James Harden

Second: Damian Lillard, Kawhi Leonard, Nikola Jokic, Chris Paul, Pascal Siakam

Third: Ben Simmons, Jayson Tatum, Jimmy Butler, Rudy Gobert, Russell Westbrook

Shogon
09-16-2020, 03:52 PM
First: LeBron James, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Luka Doncic, Anthony Abdul-Jabbar, James Harden

Second: Damian Lillard, Q-uad Leonard, Nikola Jokic, Chris Paul, Pascal Siakam

Third: Ben Simmons, Jayson Tatum, Jimmy Butler, Rudy Gobert, Russell Westbrook

FIXED.

Roundball_Rock
09-16-2020, 03:59 PM
Anthony "Kareem" Davis got "only" 79 of 100 first place votes while his sidekick got 100 of 100 (same as Giannis)? :confusedshrug:

sdot_thadon
09-16-2020, 04:10 PM
Unibrow about to start dropping skyhooks any minute now...

Real Men Wear Green
09-16-2020, 04:13 PM
I will just say... good for you Pascal Siakam, good for you.

Manny98
09-16-2020, 04:13 PM
Trashcal & Westbrook :roll::roll:

This is why these awards should take into account playoff play

Roundball_Rock
09-16-2020, 04:15 PM
Unibrow about to start dropping skyhooks any minute now...

:roll:

Stephonit
09-16-2020, 04:20 PM
One of the Lakers should be switched with Jokic who is a sole star on his team. Shows the biases at play with the media.

Ghost1
09-16-2020, 04:25 PM
ben simmons is overrated

HBK_Kliq_2
09-16-2020, 04:28 PM
I would flip flop kawhi with luka. Take Siakam out and put Tatum in his place. Add Middelton to that 3rd team.

Everything else looks sharp.

NBAGOAT
09-16-2020, 04:52 PM
siakam was pre bubble I think. np picking him but tatum I think was still better. Last spot comes down to westbrook but I'm fine with him too. other good options were beal and lowry.

rawimpact
09-16-2020, 04:55 PM
FINALLY Dame gets put above westbrook

Well deserved. I'm glad Westbrook is getting shit on now that his performance is being put to the light.

StrongLurk
09-16-2020, 05:00 PM
Luka is guaranteed to be the next GOAT candidate. Beastly year and first team all NBA? He is legit on a Lebron-like trajectory.

Honestly though those 2nd and 3rd teams look weak historically.

Phoenix
09-16-2020, 05:01 PM
I would flip flop kawhi with luka. Take Siakam out and put Tatum in his place. Add Middelton to that 3rd team.

Giannis, Lebron and AD are the frontcourt positions competing with Kawhi. Luke and Harden at guard.

Lakers Legend#32
09-16-2020, 05:11 PM
2 Lakers on the 1st Team

ArbitraryWater
09-16-2020, 05:14 PM
Siakam and Paul 2nd lol

PG, Murray, Book, Beal, LaVine, Mitch, Middleton, Brown, these guys are all NBA‘ers under normal circumstances

BigtimeNBAFan
09-16-2020, 05:16 PM
One of the Lakers should be switched with Jokic who is a sole star on his team. Shows the biases at play with the media.

Jokic has a star teammate who has been dropping 50 and 40 spots in the playoffs. Not a sole star.

Xiao Yao You
09-16-2020, 05:29 PM
Siakam and Paul 2nd lol

PG, Murray, Book, Beal, LaVine, Mitch, Middleton, Brown, these guys are all NBA‘ers under normal circumstances

What circumstances? a 4th and 5th team? This isn't little league. Not everyone gets a trophy

fourkicks44
09-16-2020, 05:40 PM
PATHETIC.

Bullshit again.

Anthony Davis states himself he is not a center over and over again. Dodges matchups against the premier centers in the league over and over again.

Are there no positions anymore or are they completely obselte?

Jokic should be first team not Davis.

Real Men Wear Green
09-16-2020, 07:13 PM
PATHETIC.

Bullshit again.

Anthony Davis states himself he is not a center over and over again. Dodges matchups against the premier centers in the league over and over again.

All-Star is now 3 frontcourt and 2 guards. Probably did the same to All-NBA.

bobopenguin
09-16-2020, 07:25 PM
PATHETIC.

Bullshit again.

lmao. Davis is pf/c.

and westbrook is on the 3rd team, lol.

fourkicks44
09-16-2020, 07:33 PM
All-Star is now 3 frontcourt and 2 guards. Probably did the same to All-NBA.

According to NBA.com it is still by position.

Davis is a center apparently.

The best center in the league apparently.

NBA just continues to butcher the credibility of their own awards more and more each year.

If they want to change it to picking the best 5 players regardless of position, fine. Do it and have some transparency so everyone knows it.

But the shouldn't bullshit and make out they pick by positions to squeeze certain players in. This is not the first time they have pulled this scam either.

MaxPlayer
09-16-2020, 07:36 PM
According to NBA.com it is still by position.

Davis is a center apparently.

The best center in the league apparently.

NBA just continues to butcher the credibility of their own awards more and more each year.

If they want to change it to picking the best 5 players regardless of position, fine. Do it and have some transparency so everyone knows it.

But the shouldn't bullshit and make out they pick by positions to squeeze certain players in. This is not the first time they have pulled this scam either.

It doesn't mean anything. And if the voters wanted Jokic on First Team, they could have voted for him.

Roundball_Rock
09-16-2020, 07:52 PM
The center voting wasn't close. For first place votes, it was 79 for Davis, 21 for Jokic, 3 for Embiid, and 1 for Gobert.

fourkicks44
09-16-2020, 07:54 PM
lmao. Davis is pf/c.

and westbrook is on the 3rd team, lol.

This was just over a week ago :facepalm

Report: Anthony Davis 'willing' to play more center in series vs. Rockets

Los Angeles Lakers big man Anthony Davis has gotten what he wanted for the majority of the season. He hasn’t had to play center for too many minutes and he’s been apart of the best team in the Western Conference.

https://lebronwire.usatoday.com/2020/09/06/report-anthony-davis-willing-to-play-more-center-in-series-vs-rockets/

bison
09-16-2020, 11:44 PM
Wow luka first team in his second season :bowdown:

Shooter
09-16-2020, 11:46 PM

You would not do any of that you would just shut up and stop posting your boi got cooked big time

Kiddlovesnets
09-17-2020, 12:43 AM
Honestly Id swap Lebron and Kawhi. Despite this heavy upset, Kawhi is a clear cut better player than Lebron. No offense to the King, but hes almost 36 years old now. The Clippers and Doc Rivers suck, but doesnt change the fact that hes the best player in the current NBA and will continue to be in foreseeable future(unless Durant came back 100% like he was in the 2019 playoffs first/second rounds, which I dont see happening even as a Nets fan).

TheGoatest
09-17-2020, 12:47 AM
13th All-NBA 1st team
No one else in history has even 12.

jlip
09-17-2020, 01:36 AM
Davis over Jokic is correct. I remember a thread (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?474995-Nikola-Jokic-2019-to-2020-Is-he-already-regressing) earlier near the start of the season talking about the comparatively slow start he was off to, asking if he had regressed from last season. He really picked things up in December until the All Star break and was pretty dominant. But then, his post All Star performances and last few regular season games in the bubble were rather pedestrian according to his standards. Conversely, if we are considering Davis to be a center, he was far more consistent than Jokic during the season.

Shooter
09-17-2020, 01:38 AM
Siakam and Paul 2nd lol

It's 2020

No more auto mechanics sliding in. Talent pool is thicc these days ya dig

Gougou
09-17-2020, 01:56 AM
Why Embiid didn't make it.

Bam should be over Gobert wth...

aj1987
09-17-2020, 02:01 AM
Honestly Id swap Lebron and Kawhi. Despite this heavy upset, Kawhi is a clear cut better player than Lebron. No offense to the King, but hes almost 36 years old now. The Clippers and Doc Rivers suck, but doesnt change the fact that hes the best player in the current NBA and will continue to be in foreseeable future(unless Durant came back 100% like he was in the 2019 playoffs first/second rounds, which I dont see happening even as a Nets fan).

Are you on crack? LeBron, the entire season, was CLEARLY the better player. Heck, Kawhi's vaunted defense hasn't been anything great this season. The Playoffs just PROVED what we witnessed the entire season.

How does age matter, BTW?

Shooter
09-17-2020, 02:04 AM
Are you on crack? LeBron, the entire season, was CLEARLY the better player. Heck, Kawhi's vaunted defense hasn't been anything great this season. The Playoffs just PROVED what we witnessed the entire season.

How does age matter, BTW?

Never realized that LeBron lives Rent Free inside Kiddlovesnets head. Poor fella is shook after the 2nd round and I love it.

Phoenix
09-17-2020, 04:54 AM

Please. With deliberate load management Kawhi is lucky he wasn't pushed down to 3rd team.

ArbitraryWater
09-17-2020, 05:07 AM
Bradley Beal is the only NBA player ever to average at least 30 PTS and 6 AST and not make an All-NBA team

aj1987
09-17-2020, 05:13 AM
Bradley Beal is the only NBA player ever to average at least 30 PTS and 6 AST and not make an All-NBA team

Yep. He was easily better than Siakam, Tatum, Westbrook, and Butler. They really shouldn't consider team records when selecting All-NBA players.

CP3's narrative was good and all, but he didn't deserve a selection over other ignored players.

Trae Young dropped 30/4/9 on 60% TS. :oldlol:

Booked dropped 27/4/7 on 62% TS. :facepalm

ArbitraryWater
09-17-2020, 09:07 AM

you didnt make a single argument for Kawhi being better and you cant lol

BlakFrankWhite
09-17-2020, 09:11 AM
Westbrook 9x All-NBA

:bowdown:

Kiddlovesnets
09-17-2020, 09:23 AM
you didnt make a single argument for Kawhi being better and you cant lol

Well, against the Warriors superteam in 2017-2019 in NBA Finals:

Kawhi: 4-2
Lebron: 1-8

:(

ArbitraryWater
09-17-2020, 09:25 AM
Well, against the Warriors superteam in 2017-2019 in NBA Finals:

Kawhi: 4-2
Lebron: 1-8

:(

also, probably, not a good argument, seing as how Kawhi didnt actually face a superteam.

Kawhi vs DEN: 3-4
LeBron vs DEN: ....

well, you'll see ;)

i just wanna hear what kawhi does better lolol

Whoah10115
09-17-2020, 10:58 AM

I bet you would.

Whoah10115
09-17-2020, 11:05 AM
LeBron is a point guard. Davis is a PF. Harden is 2nd team. Jokic obviously at C.

Embiid would make it for me. Only argument would be if you think Bam played C. You can argue Leonard played PF so maybe. Paul has an argument over Harden. I don't know.

Turbo Slayer
09-17-2020, 11:13 AM
I can see a case why Beal didn't make All-NBA this year...

1. Even though he scored 30.5 points per game this season, his team didn't move the needle offensively. In 2019 the Wizards were the 14th ranked offense. This year? 15th.

2. Terrible defense.

3. Production. He didn't lead the league in any advanced stats whatsoever. It's actually kind of so-so.

Whoah10115
09-17-2020, 11:35 AM
I can see a case why Beal didn't make All-NBA this year...

1. Even though he scored 30.5 points per game this season, his team didn't move the needle offensively. In 2019 the Wizards were the 14th ranked offense. This year? 15th.

2. Terrible defense.

3. Production. He didn't lead the league in any advanced stats whatsoever. It's actually kind of so-so.

Beal has 30.5PPG. No argument besides that number.

Young shouldn't have made it either, but I'm much more impressed with him. And Booker also very good.

Kiddlovesnets
09-17-2020, 12:10 PM
also, probably, not a good argument, seing as how Kawhi didnt actually face a superteam.

Kawhi vs DEN: 3-4
LeBron vs DEN: ....

well, you'll see ;)

i just wanna hear what kawhi does better lolol

Kawhi is by far the better shooter, he can take mid range shots and knock down open threes consistently. Lebron still relies too much on penetration and driving to the hoops, the lack of shooting accuracy has haunted him for the entire career, a major contributor to his 3/9 record in NBA Finals.

imdaman99
09-17-2020, 12:24 PM
Westbrook 9x All-NBA

:bowdown:

Goatbrook had a slow start but still, from January on he was a top 5-10 guy easily :bowdown:

dreamshake
09-17-2020, 07:25 PM
LeBron over Kawhi is a joke. One of those players doesn't play defense.

Also Westbrook on any team is disgraceful. The man plays for the opposing team every time he steps on the floor.

francesco totti
09-17-2020, 07:26 PM
how is there argument for Kawhi to be on first team, when he is load managing ffs?

light
09-17-2020, 07:33 PM
Kawhi is by far the better shooter, he can take mid range shots and knock down open threes consistently. Lebron still relies too much on penetration and driving to the hoops, the lack of shooting accuracy has haunted him for the entire career, a major contributor to his 3/9 record in NBA Finals.

I'd still take LeBron in a shooting contest. When he's on he's as good as any shooter in history - he can make 6,7, 8 threes in a row in a game. Sometimes he just wont miss, even under the highest pressure.

He used to beat Ray Allen in 3 pt contests in Miami. And he nails pull up threes from the halfcourt logo now.

Speaking of not missing under pressure, he also annihilated Kawhi with endless jumpers in game 7 finals 2013.

Yeah, I'd still put my money on LeBron when it comes to shooting.

light
09-17-2020, 07:39 PM
LeBron over Kawhi is a joke. One of those players doesn't play defense.

Also Westbrook on any team is disgraceful. The man plays for the opposing team every time he steps on the floor.

LeBron's defense was actually better than Kawhi's this year. He led all forwards in Defensive Real Plus-Minus this season.

You can also see it in the playoffs. LeBron's elite defense shows.

And remember when he shut down Giannis and Kawhi in back to back games in the regular season?

Yeah he owns both of them.