PDA

View Full Version : 2021 Western Conferene All-Star Guards: Who Not Making the Cut?

L.Kizzle
09-16-2020, 08:15 PM
Man, I know it's way too early to predict the Western Conference All-Star Guards for next season but it will be at least THREE players wjo are really worthy to make the team, that will be left off.

Two mainstays from the previous five seasons didn't make this seasons team due to injuries (Stephen Curry; Klay Thompson) and young guys like Jamal Murray and Ja Morant weren't even really looked at. Devin Booker ONLY made it due to Damian Lillard needing a last minute injury replacement. Chris Paul made a team for the first time since 2016.

But Klay and Steph will be back in 2021 and Jamal Murray will be coming off a historic playoff run (still adding to it ...)

Man, the West Guards are stacked.
Over half of this list will not be an All-Star next season.

Chris Paul
Damian Lillard
Devin Booker
Donovan Mitchell
Ja Morant
Jamal Murray
James Harden
Klay Thompson
Luka Doncic
Russell Westbrook
Stephen Curry

Honorable Mention
CJ McCollum (22/4/4)
DeMar Derozan (East All-Star as recent as 2018)

SouBeachTalents
09-16-2020, 08:24 PM
How many guards can make the team, is it capped at 6? If so, I'd probably go with

Curry
Harden
Luka
Dame
CP3
Westbrook

NBAGOAT
09-16-2020, 08:28 PM
i think cp3 is getting traded to the east. curry harden luka dame are locks. I'll throw in a hot take and give one more spot to booker over westbrook, mitchell, murray. Think westbrook will age a bit next year and hou's win totals drop off unless they make a big trade. the wings/bigs are also pretty damn good so it's likely they take one wildcard spot

L.Kizzle
09-16-2020, 08:29 PM
How many guards can make the team, is it capped at 6? If so, I'd probably go with

Curry
Harden
Luka
Dame
CP3
Westbrook
Two starters
Two reserves
And the Two wildcards can be any position. Minimum is Four most is Six (unless injury replacement, which can be anyone.)

L.Kizzle
09-16-2020, 08:32 PM
i think cp3 is getting traded to the east. curry harden luka dame are locks. I'll throw in a hot take and give one more spot to booker over westbrook, mitchell, murray. Think westbrook will age a bit next year and hou's win totals drop off unless they make a big trade. the wings/bigs are also pretty damn good so it's likely they take one wildcard spot

I think Murray gets rewarded with an All-Star birth for his 2020 Playoffs (especially if it's down to him and Booker.) Unless he puts up some terrible numbers like under 20 points or something.

NBAGOAT
09-16-2020, 08:34 PM
I think Murray gets rewarded with an All-Star birth for his 2020 Playoffs (especially if it's down to him and Booker.) Unless he puts up some terrible numbers like under 20 points or something.

well he hasnt put up 20 in the rs yet and den has a pretty balanced offense with porter getting a bigger role next year and barton coming back. he looks like he's ade a clear jump but he still might only put up like 22/5 while booker puts up like 27/6. I think phx will be pretty competitive next year, decent chance to be over .500

Turbo Slayer
09-16-2020, 08:37 PM
Curry, Harden, Dame, and Luka are going to make it.

Wildcards are CP3 and Klay.

L.Kizzle
09-16-2020, 08:38 PM
well he hasnt put up 20 in the rs yet and den has a pretty balanced offense with porter getting a bigger role next year and barton coming back. he looks like he's ade a clear jump but he still might only put up like 22/5 while booker puts up like 27/6. I think phx will be pretty competitive next year, decent chance to be over .500

I agree. I'm saying if he keeps up this level of play from the Bubble going into next season.

NBAGOAT
09-16-2020, 08:42 PM
I agree. I'm saying if he keeps up this level of play from the Bubble going into next season.

yea we'll see then. I dont really see murray putting up like 27 during the rs.

brooks_thompson
09-17-2020, 02:08 AM
Curry and Doncic are obviously gonna get voted in, that’s 99% a wrap. Of course Harden and Lillard are getting in. Mitchell and Booker are next up, in that order assuming Jazz have a better record (I wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t though). And maybe Murray can insert himself in the discussion for spot 5 or 6 with those last two since Denver will have the better record and get the “but they deserve 2 All-Stars” talk.

L.Kizzle
02-24-2021, 08:16 PM
2020 West All-Stars for the Rockets are now in the west.
Klay Thompson is once again injured.

Xiao Yao You
02-24-2021, 09:23 PM
Man, I know it's way too early to predict the Western Conference All-Star Guards for next season but it will be at least THREE players wjo are really worthy to make the team, that will be left off.

Two mainstays from the previous five seasons didn't make this seasons team due to injuries (Stephen Curry; Klay Thompson) and young guys like Jamal Murray and Ja Morant weren't even really looked at. Devin Booker ONLY made it due to Damian Lillard needing a last minute injury replacement. Chris Paul made a team for the first time since 2016.

But Klay and Steph will be back in 2021 and Jamal Murray will be coming off a historic playoff run (still adding to it ...)

Man, the West Guards are stacked.
Over half of this list will not be an All-Star next season.

Chris Paul
Damian Lillard
Devin Booker
Donovan Mitchell
Ja Morant
Jamal Murray
James Harden
Klay Thompson
Luka Doncic
Russell Westbrook
Stephen Curry

Honorable Mention
CJ McCollum (22/4/4)
DeMar Derozan (East All-Star as recent as 2018)

forgot Conley

Axe
02-24-2021, 09:56 PM
Morant did not get a spot lmao

L.Kizzle
02-24-2021, 10:05 PM
forgot Conley

I made this before the season started, I didn't even see him as a maybe option lol.