PDA

View Full Version : Why is Lillard talking so much trash?

BANE?
09-17-2020, 04:25 AM
He has stunk it up in the playoffs just like PG multiple times. Got swept by the Pels while playing badly, swept by the KD less warriors(though he did make the WCF), and was mediocre against LA. He’s a sub 40% shooter in the playoffs. Man’s reputation as being a clutch god is a bit undeserved

scuzzy
09-17-2020, 05:36 AM
Him and CJ were going in on Clips last night :lol

Gray GOAT
09-17-2020, 05:38 AM
I find Lillard very overrated as a performer, but at least he keeps it real. He calls out whom need calling out. George, Beverley and the rest of the Clippers are walking around like they are three time back to back champions, but they are yet to anything decent. They're acting though, but they are all bark and no bite. Good for Lillard that he got the last laugh against these chumps.

Akeem34TheDream
09-17-2020, 06:22 AM
I find Lillard very overrated as a performer, but at least he keeps it real. He calls out whom need calling out. George, Beverley and the rest of the Clippers are walking around like they are three time back to back champions, but they are yet to anything decent. They're acting though, but they are all bark and no bite. Good for Lillard that he got the last laugh against these chumps.

Not 1, not 2 not 3...

FireDavidKahn
09-17-2020, 06:26 AM
Because he thinks he is better than he really is

TheGoatest
09-17-2020, 06:34 AM

If Lillard thinks he is better than he really is, then what does that make Patrick Beverley?
What was it that role player said to Steph Curry last season? Something like "You've had your time, it's my time now". :oldlol: Dude is delusional enough to think he is a face of the league type of player.

LAmbruh
09-17-2020, 06:41 AM
Not 1, not 2...

but 3 games in a row Kawhi blew to 23yo Jamal Murray :applause:

ImKobe
09-17-2020, 06:58 AM
Low-key, Lillard's a worse Playoff performer than Paul George. He seems to get shut down & swept almost every season. Last year when they made the WCF, he had 13 points on 3/17 shooting in Game 7 against Denver, where CJ carried Portland to a win late in that game. Warriors shut him down completely and they didn't have Durant & Iguodala was injured. He had HCA when the Pelicans swept him and held him to 18.5 ppg on 47.1%TS. He was mediocre against the Lakers before he had the knee injury. He's had some buzzer-beaters, but overall he's also lost more than any other "superstar" I can think of.

Doranku
09-17-2020, 07:00 AM
Low-key, Lillard's a worse Playoff performer than Paul George. He seems to get shut down & swept almost every season. Last year when they made the WCF, he had 13 points on 3/17 shooting in Game 7 against Denver, where CJ carried Portland to a win late in that game. Warriors shut him down completely and they didn't have Durant & Iguodala was injured. He had HCA when the Pelicans swept him and held him to 18.5 ppg on 47.1%TS. He was mediocre against the Lakers before he had the knee injury. He's had some buzzer-beaters, but overall he's also lost more than any other "superstar" I can think of.

Playoff P did that like 7 times this postseason alone. :oldlol:

ImKobe
09-17-2020, 07:05 AM
Playoff P did that like 7 times this postseason alone. :oldlol:

False, he didn't go 3/17 once. He did come close on a couple occasions. Both are prone to these terrible performances, though George usually has these within the flow of the offense while Lillard just chucks bad 3s.

ArbitraryWater
09-17-2020, 08:44 AM
False, he didn't go 3/17 once. He did come close on a couple occasions. Both are prone to these terrible performances, though George usually has these within the flow of the offense while Lillard just chucks bad 3s.

i thought flow of the offense was bad?

You used to praise Kobe for going out of the offense, where as Bron just scored in the flow, apparently..

Also, it makes no difference if its 3/17 or 4/16, SAME SHIT

ArbitraryWater
09-17-2020, 09:01 AM
None the less he doesn't articulate himself well, and he doesn't seem to pick up on social clues, e.g:

https://i.gyazo.com/2f19f624d569c480aa0efd2a6bf1b8e5.png

https://i.gyazo.com/21be1bb3b959dd3d1a9664fc2e4a6737.png

jayfan
09-17-2020, 09:04 AM

So do Blazers fans.

hold this L
09-17-2020, 09:16 AM

No Boogie either. Warriors love playing against them. Their offense is predictable as hell with Dame, that's why I said the backdoor sweep was incoming as soon as they went up 1-0 vs the Lakers.

guy
09-17-2020, 09:19 AM

Paul George makes James Harden look like Michael Jordan. Paul George might be the worst playoff performer ever. This is how he has went out of the playoffs in his career: 2/8, 4/10, 2/9, 8/18, 8/18, 5/21, 2/16, 14/20, 4/16. He's had 5 out of 9 games shooting less than 30% :oldlol: 3 of the last 4 are just downright terrible. Its a trend with him. He's more likely to shoot below 30% then above 50%. This isn't even including other bad games overall like that terrible 3 game stretch he had vs Dallas. Lillard is nowhere near as bad.

ImKobe
09-17-2020, 10:38 AM
Paul George makes James Harden look like Michael Jordan. Paul George might be the worst playoff performer ever. This is how he has went out of the playoffs in his career: 2/8, 4/10, 2/9, 8/18, 8/18, 5/21, 2/16, 14/20, 4/16. He's had 5 out of 9 games shooting less than 30% :oldlol: 3 of the last 4 are just downright terrible. Its a trend with him. He's more likely to shoot below 30% then above 50%. This isn't even including other bad games overall like that terrible 3 game stretch he had vs Dallas. Lillard is nowhere near as bad.

Of course he's more likely to shoot below 50%, he's a jump shooter, he shoots a lot of 3s. And lol @ bringing up James Harden when he's the worst elimination game player I've ever seen.

No Boogie either. Warriors love playing against them. Their offense is predictable as hell with Dame, that's why I said the backdoor sweep was incoming as soon as they went up 1-0 vs the Lakers.

I think Steph's 10 - 0 against Dame in the Playoffs, he LOVES playing against him lol.

i thought flow of the offense was bad?

You used to praise Kobe for going out of the offense, where as Bron just scored in the flow, apparently..

Also, it makes no difference if its 3/17 or 4/16, SAME SHIT

Well, Kobe's arguably the greatest 1 on 1 player ever, he came up big in so many Playoff games in situations where his teams struggled offensively & he took over. Paul George has a poor track record in big games but he was never that type of a player, he took good shots if you watched Game 7, he bricked at least 5-6 wide open 3s.

guy
09-17-2020, 10:56 AM
Of course he's more likely to shoot below 50%, he's a jump shooter, he shoots a lot of 3s. And lol @ bringing up James Harden when he's the worst elimination game player I've ever seen.

No, I said he's more likely to shoot below 30%, not 50% :oldlol:

Harden is definitely terrible in the same situation, but not as bad as PG.

Whoah10115
09-17-2020, 11:23 AM
Lol. All this guy does is put his team on his back. When did he ever have a team that was good and he was the reason they didn't get thru?

Please...give that team Anthony Davis and Davis is fighting to be the main guy, and they're winning the title.

BigtimeNBAFan
09-17-2020, 11:32 AM
Because he personally doesn't like Beverly or George so he is happy to see them be eliminated. Nothing more complex than that.

imdaman99
09-17-2020, 12:07 PM
I'm not gonna say anything because he did shit on my boy Russ last year. I will also be honest and say the refs did not let Westbrook guard him. Playoff physicality only applies to certain teams.

But Lillard is only clappin back to a team that trolled him. I'm with it. We need some bad blood.

k0kakw0rld
09-19-2020, 09:11 AM
He has stunk it up in the playoffs just like PG multiple times. Got swept by the Pels while playing badly, swept by the KD less warriors(though he did make the WCF), and was mediocre against LA. He’s a sub 40% shooter in the playoffs. Man’s reputation as being a clutch god is a bit undeserved

Rookie Dame got in the league with (Aldridge, Tatum, Robin Lopez, Wesley Mathews). He was their leader and best player from the get-go.

First playoff appearance, he eliminated James Harden and the Rockets in 2014. I am sure you remember his series clinching buzzer beater right? :confusedshrug: He made the second round in his first playoffs and lost to the Spurs who went on to win the championship.

Second playoff appearance, his team lost to the Grizzlies. (However Memphis were the favorites to win the series).

Third playoff appearance, everybody's gone (Batum, Aldridge, Robin Lopez, Wesley Mathews). He proceeds by beating the Clippers with Chris Paul, Blake Griffin, Paul Pierce etc...He then loses to the 73-9 GSW in 5.

Fourth playoff appearance, that's the only year I can say he did not play up to his standards. they got swept by the Pelicans.

Then this year's playoff, he managed to qualify his team to the playoffs and lost to possibly the 2020 NBA Champions in the Lakers.

The man is a baller. And you a hater.

The Clippers had players who never played a single minute of NBA FINAL basketball but they were running their mouth like they were champions already.

Fk the Clippers, Paul George (even though that's my guy), Patrick Beverley are all front-runners.

CelticBaller
09-19-2020, 10:53 AM
Agreed. Pot meets kettle

FireDavidKahn
09-19-2020, 12:34 PM

https://i.gifer.com/ace.gif