PDA

View Full Version : I didn't realize how much bottled up hate of the Clippers there was until yesterday

STATUTORY
09-17-2020, 08:14 AM
when it was unleashed on social media, a coalition of fanbases celebrating at Clippers expense:

Lakers and Lebron fans obviously
Spurs and Raptor fans feeling vindicated
even Pacers and OKC fans enjoying Playoff P's failure
Portland fans @ it after the way Clippers dissed Dame/CJ
Nuggets fans themselves

everybody was eating gud on social media :oldlol:

Ghost1
09-17-2020, 08:21 AM
mavs fans obviously

rawimpact
09-17-2020, 08:38 AM
when it was unleashed on social media, a coalition of fanbases celebrating at Clippers expense:

Nuggets fans themselves

Well Pat Bev started the shit talking but even before that I think a lot of laker fans were bitter with Kawhi going to the clippers. There is a city rivalry between the teams and I would say the majority of NBA fans are lakers fans.

Plus Toronto let Kawhi walk so they had to be smiling when the clips lost.

ArbitraryWater
09-17-2020, 08:42 AM
Guys like Bev and Morris acted like defending champs

that chump Morris just got traded to them

Harrel kept it real at times, but he still screamed like a fool after every dunk and was a bit of a racist lol

Hey Yo
09-17-2020, 08:45 AM

Nuggets fans themselves

That's what happens when a player refuses to play while under contract (after cleared by team doctors) then demands a trade like a bitch.

Kawhit's a giant piece of shit.

TheCorporation
09-17-2020, 09:35 AM
That's what happens when a player refuses to play while under contract (after cleared by team doctors) then demands a trade like a bitch.

Kawhit's a giant piece of shit.

+1 Bingo

red1
09-17-2020, 09:40 AM
I think we just appreciate a good choke. and boy did those boys choke. :roll:

clippers were THE bandwagon team this year with the warriors out.

cocky and annoying players and fans were bragging and already counting championships.

clippers are a dogshit franchise with zero conference finals appearances in 50 years. the jokes write themselves.

red1
09-17-2020, 09:40 AM
hold this L skip bayless :oldlol:

MaxPlayer
09-17-2020, 09:48 AM
We don't hate them, we're laughing at them.

TheCorporation
09-17-2020, 09:49 AM
We don't hate them, we're laughing at them.

+1

Plus it's easy to laugh at this:

https://i.postimg.cc/fyHnYzff/This-is-badly-bad.png

Shogon
09-17-2020, 09:58 AM
Look, nobody actually gives a **** about the Clippers. Some people may hate Beverley, but that's about it.

Nobody actually cares about the Clippers at all.

The Clippers are just a battleground... they're just a channel... a go between... if you will... between LeBron fans and LeBron haters. That's all they are. If the Clippers had won 2 nights ago and then more specifically won against the Lakers, the blowback on this board would have been felt for years. This Clippers shit people will forget about because Kawhi & PG are largely irrelevant to NBA history.

This is about LeBron. This isn't about the Clippers. Silly OP, you're one of the most LeBron obsessed accounts on the board. You should know.

hold this L
09-17-2020, 10:12 AM
I don't think it's hate, it's just laughing at them. Clippers showed 11' Heat-tier arrogance so people dunked on them when they failed. Arrogance is good once you accomplish something, not before.

hold this L
09-17-2020, 10:12 AM

I don't like watching those clown shows too much, but I had to go watch.

Reggie43
09-17-2020, 10:27 AM
Paul George just took shots at the Pacers several months ago so its pretty predictable how the Indiana fanbase would feel after this result.

hold this L
09-17-2020, 10:35 AM
Paul George just took shots at the Pacers several months ago so its pretty predictable how the Indiana fanbase would feel after this result.

What did he say?

red1
09-17-2020, 10:43 AM
I don't like watching those clown shows too much, but I had to go watch.

:oldlol:

oh man this is the time to soak it in and gloat

J Shuttlesworth
09-17-2020, 10:48 AM
1/13 :oldlol:

red1
09-17-2020, 10:54 AM
its a shame that we dont have a graphic for every analyst predicting the clippers over the nuggets - they choked a 3-1 lead :roll:

Reggie43
09-17-2020, 11:00 AM
What did he say?

That he would release a tell all book on why he left the Pacers and that someone on the organization deserves the blame. He also said in a separate interview that the best power forward in the nba wanted to team up with him and the Pacers did not want to make it work and he left because the Pacers didnt want to win.

Roundball_Rock
09-17-2020, 12:30 PM
It is because of the hype they got without achieving anything. People were talking about them like they were the 90's Bulls or 10's Warriors.

J Shuttlesworth
09-17-2020, 12:58 PM
It is because of the hype they got without achieving anything. People were talking about them like they were the 90's Bulls or 10's Warriors.

The ironic thing is the Clippers marketing slogans
"Driven over given"
"Hustle over hype"
"Streetlights over spotlights"
"this is my city"

Really ironic considering the team is loaded with primadonnas who were full of their own hype

Roundball_Rock
09-17-2020, 01:12 PM
"Driven over given"
"Hustle over hype"
"this is my city"

Really ironic considering the team is loaded with primadonnas who were full of their own hype

:oldlol: Damn, extremely ironic.

Hey Yo
09-17-2020, 01:22 PM
Here's a clever way of using a part of the movie "Trading Places" for the Clipps-Nuggs series

https://twitter.com/KingJosiah54/status/1306625341444694016

One would understand it more if they have seen the movie.

STATUTORY
09-17-2020, 01:28 PM
"Driven over given"
"Hustle over hype"
"this is my city"

:roll: very true, even i found it hard to root for this Clippers team despite not being a Lebron fan

Marchesk
09-17-2020, 01:49 PM
The Clippers are just a battleground... they're just a channel... a go between... if you will... between LeBron fans and LeBron haters. That's all they are. If the Clippers had won 2 nights ago and then more specifically won against the Lakers, the blowback on this board would have been felt for years. This Clippers shit people will forget about because Kawhi & PG are largely irrelevant to NBA history.

You don't think Kawhi having a shot at a third championship and potential FMVP on a third team isn't relevant to NBA history? There were even Jordan comparisons after last year's title run. I think 3Ball was forced into making a couple threads downplaying Leonard.

FKAri
09-17-2020, 01:57 PM

Last year throughout the playoffs his schtick was to downplay Kawhi. Why'd he change his tune this season?

hold this L
09-17-2020, 03:16 PM
Last year throughout the playoffs his schtick was to downplay Kawhi. Why'd he change his tune this season?
Because he thought the Clippers was the only team capable of beating Lebron. Dude makes his money off Lebron's failures so it adds up by itself.

That Undisputed episode was hilarious, Skip was legit shook. :lol

Basketball r Us
09-17-2020, 04:13 PM
Clippers & fans saying LA is Clipper World when Lakers were struggling with ailing Kobe will never be forgotten. Heck Clippers can't even get to WCF....they started talking crap....

sdot_thadon
09-17-2020, 04:42 PM
Look, nobody actually gives a **** about the Clippers. Some people may hate Beverley, but that's about it.

Nobody actually cares about the Clippers at all.

This is about LeBron. This isn't about the Clippers. Silly OP, you're one of the most LeBron obsessed accounts on the board. You should know.

Winner. :applause:

sdot_thadon
09-17-2020, 04:46 PM
You don't think Kawhi having a shot at a third championship and potential FMVP on a third team isn't relevant to NBA history? There were even Jordan comparisons after last year's title run. I think 3Ball was forced into making a couple threads downplaying Leonard.
Surprisingly, not really. Kawhi is being hyped up because we need a foil to Lebron's greatness apparently. Not to mention much is made of Leonard's fmvp as 3rd or 4th option retroactively because he became a star later a few years down the line, it dosen't really hold the significance we've been giving it.

Axe
09-17-2020, 05:00 PM
Doc rivers was great maybe 10 years ago. Led the celtics to three 3 ecfs and 2 finals in a span of 5 years but can't even do the same thing with the clippers.

NugzFan
09-18-2020, 03:43 AM
guys like marcus morris, patrick beverely and montrezz harrell make it easy to hate the team.

if they didnt act and talk the way they do, none of this would happen.

Roundball_Rock
09-18-2020, 11:03 AM
Surprisingly, not really. Kawhi is being hyped up because we need a foil to Lebron's greatness apparently. Not to mention much is made of Leonard's fmvp as 3rd or 4th option retroactively because he became a star later a few years down the line, it dosen't really hold the significance we've been giving it.

Good points. Yeah, Kawhi was used as a foil to LeBron like KD, Curry, Kobe before him. Notice the one constant? :oldlol:

His 14' FMVP got hyped retroactively as you note by the media and by fans with short memories but I think part of it is Kawhi isn't high enough all-time to warrant significant scrutiny. If he ever got in the top 10 conversation people would point out that he was a role player in 14'. Kawhi doesn't really have any "haters" in the media or among fans like LeBron has.

ImKobe
09-18-2020, 11:08 AM
Good points. Yeah, Kawhi was used as a foil to LeBron like KD, Curry, Kobe before him. Notice the one constant? :oldlol:

His 14' FMVP got hyped retroactively as you note by the media and by fans with short memories but I think part of it is Kawhi isn't high enough all-time to warrant significant scrutiny. If he ever got in the top 10 conversation people would point out that he was a role player in 14'. Kawhi doesn't really have any "haters" in the media or among fans like LeBron has.

Retroactively? Are you this stupid? Kawhi flat out outplayed Lebron from Games 3 - 5, we were clowning Lebron and gave credit to Kawhi when it happened. Kawhi and KD won titles/were the best players in the Playoffs from 17-19 but the Lebron stans were the ones hating on their success & trying to downplay it, whether it was "KD joined a 73-win team, not fair!" or "KD got injured, not fair!". This has everything to do with insecure Lebronsexuals taking away credit from his peers to defend his pathetic 3/9 Finals record.

light
09-18-2020, 12:55 PM

Nuggets fans themselves

Their own fans even turned on them a little bit.