PDA

View Full Version : How is Doc Rivers not fired yet?

keep-itreal
09-17-2020, 11:43 AM
Blew a 3-1 lead twice with the Clippers. Never went past the 2nd round. How does someone be so terrible yet gets to keep his job?

SouBeachTalents
09-17-2020, 11:49 AM
Marvin Lewis was the Bengals coach for 16 seasons and literally never won a playoff game. Nobody is ever topping that

tpols
09-17-2020, 11:51 AM
Everyone knows why but were not allowed to say it.

BANE?
09-17-2020, 12:09 PM
The mythos that has been built around Doc because of the 08 ring is ridiculous and during that playoff run, they needed to go to game 7 almost every round. He was also a trash GM for the clippers

Kiddlovesnets
09-17-2020, 12:12 PM
'cause he has black privileges, funny Stephen A.Smith makes no mention of that, what a f*cking hypocrite.
:lol

TheAnchorman
09-17-2020, 12:31 PM
As much as Doc shit the bed on this one, I'd think that they should run it back with the whole crew for one more year (the core pieces at least), due to the 1-year remaining on Leonard and kawhi's contracts. Firing Doc and bringing in a whole new coach with a new system is going to rock the boat on a team that already has chemistry issues. Don't see any other good candidates at the moment. Kenny Atkinson? D'antoni???

Doesn't change the fact that Doc is an overrated coach though, it's been what 20 years since he won his COTY award? Clinton was still president back then :lol

Whoah10115
09-17-2020, 12:37 PM
Marvin Lewis was the Bengals coach for 16 seasons and literally never won a playoff game. Nobody is ever topping that

He coached the Bengals. Don't even see the negative.

pandiani17
09-17-2020, 12:39 PM
As much as Doc shit the bed on this one, I'd think that they should run it back with the whole crew for one more year (the core pieces at least), due to the 1-year remaining on Leonard and kawhi's contracts. Firing Doc and bringing in a whole new coach with a new system is going to rock the boat on a team that already has chemistry issues. Don't see any other good candidates at the moment. Kenny Atkinson? D'antoni???

Doesn't change the fact that Doc is an overrated coach though, it's been what 20 years since he won his COTY award? Clinton was still president back then :lol

He should be fired, a chokejob like that should have serious consequences, he had the best team in the league. I agree with you about keeping the roster together, though, they have a very, very good roster. Their problem can be that the Warriors may build another very, very good team, maybe better than them.

pandiani17
09-17-2020, 12:41 PM
The mythos that has been built around Doc because of the 08 ring is ridiculous and during that playoff run, they needed to go to game 7 almost every round. He was also a trash GM for the clippers

By each passing year and each annual failure that ring's value decreases and decreases. I don't know how much it had to with him, as he had veteran leaders such as KG, Allen, PP, Posey, etc. on the court and Tom Thibbaudeau in the coaching staff.

CelticBaller
09-17-2020, 12:44 PM
Are we seriously going to blame the coach for his star players not showing up in a game 7?

Whoah10115
09-17-2020, 12:46 PM
Rivers gets blamed for general problems. Game 7 isn't getting him fired, but rather it could have saved his job.

Also, it's been two days. Chill. I do think they'll fire him, but I wouldn't be shocked.

J Shuttlesworth
09-17-2020, 12:47 PM
1/11 Kawhi and were blaming Doc?

imdaman99
09-17-2020, 12:49 PM

Yeah but, it's the Bengals. You could drop Belechek on that team and there is no guarantee they ever win a playoff game. I know he won one with the Browns, so I guess there's a chance :lol

CelticBaller
09-17-2020, 12:52 PM
Yeah but, it's the Bengals. You could drop Belechek on that team and there is no guarantee they ever win a playoff game. I know he won one with the Browns, so I guess there's a chance :lol

That browns team is the ravens tho. Keep BB in there and he would’ve eventually won them a couple rings

CelticBaller
09-17-2020, 12:53 PM
1/11 Kawhi and were blaming Doc?

Fr

Doc did a great coaching job for the last two years and suddenly he’s getting fired because his two stars are garbage when it counts?

WhiteKyrie
09-17-2020, 12:54 PM
In 2020? In the NBA? Black Privilege my dude.

Mask the Embiid
09-17-2020, 01:19 PM
Imma laugh if they fire Doc and replace him with another black coach :oldlol:.just so i can see you freckled face redneck losers turn bloodshot red. my goodness the laughs https://i.postimg.cc/NF5mGRzF/ezgif-3-438c3375b65a.gif

ArbitraryWater
09-17-2020, 01:35 PM
Cause‘s he‘s black.

Firing him and hiring a white coach just isn‘t acceptable right now.

J Shuttlesworth
09-17-2020, 01:49 PM
The players had what... 5 months off? And Clippers players were begging to come out for rest in game 7. They're just physically and mentally soft. They're puppies, not dogs.

Creaky knee Kawhit just can't handle playing without getting hobbled. Ironic considering the layoff was supposed to benefit the Clippers the most since they could recover Kawhi/PG/Beverly's injuries, and they wouldn't have to deal with a 7 game road series against the Lakers

insight
09-17-2020, 01:55 PM
Cause‘s he‘s black.

Firing him and hiring a white coach just isn‘t acceptable right now.

The highest paid coach makes 11 million a year, if a WHITE COACH was the secret weapon needed to win an NBA championships they would be paid more.

Tobio-Star
09-17-2020, 01:58 PM
Fr

Doc did a great coaching job for the last two years and suddenly he’s getting fired because his two stars are garbage when it counts?

He made a lot of questionable decisions down the stretch. Kept Kawhi on the bench for too long in G5, insisted on playing Harrell when he was straight garbage, his only gameplan is "come on guys, were better than this"

At this point even Billy D wouldve been better

Tobio-Star
09-17-2020, 01:59 PM
Idk how the Clippers staff thought Rivers + Lue were a formidable duo of coach

HBK_Kliq_2
09-17-2020, 02:04 PM
Ballmer is a dork with a low bball iq and a pushover. Allowing Doc to coast on his only accomplishment that happened 12 years ago. The only time that Doc ever showed any passion this entire season was when he was talking about politics. Piece of shit is just in it for the money. Playing Harrell in the 2nd round cost his team the series. Doc is the same guy who once gave his g league son Austin Rivers a fat contract. You just can't trust Doc, he has his own agenda.

If Ballmer had any bball iq (which he clearly does not) he would

- fire doc rivers

- let Harrell walk

- get a cheap big man like Marc gasol or Ibaka in free agency

- Chase after a point guard like Chris Paul, Rondo or Ricky Rubio

tpols
09-17-2020, 02:07 PM
Look at what happened when they fired Dwayne Casey and replaced him with Nick Nurse... look what happened when they fired Mark Jackson and replaced him with Kerr. Instant championships both times. "Preacher" type coaches just dont get it done at the top level compared to X's and O's nerd types. The coach needs to be able to think. Tactically gameplan and adjust as events unfold. These guys aint doing it but they have the brotherhood tenure.

starface
09-17-2020, 02:21 PM
Look at what happened when they fired Dwayne Casey and replaced him with Nick Nurse... look what happened when they fired Mark Jackson and replaced him with Kerr. Instant championships both times. "Preacher" type coaches just dont get it done at the top level compared to X's and O's nerd types. The coach needs to be able to think. Tactically gameplan and adjust as events unfold. These guys aint doing it but they have the brotherhood tenure.

Bro :lol

They also swapped Derozan for Kawhi, and LeHung left the conference.

I have no idea how good of a coach Casey is, but his Raptors weren't built to go any farther than they did. The chip they wont was very circumstantial. You can't pin that just on a coaching swap.

tpols
09-17-2020, 02:23 PM
Bro :lol

They also swapped Derozan for Kawhi, and meawhile LeHung left the conference.

I have no idea how good of a coach Casey is, but his Raptors weren't built to go any farther than they did. The chip they wont was very circumstantial. You can't pin that just on a coaching swap.

Nick Nurse just won COY for this year with no Kawhi.

CelticBaller
09-17-2020, 02:35 PM
He made a lot of questionable decisions down the stretch. Kept Kawhi on the bench for too long in G5, insisted on playing Harrell when he was straight garbage, his only gameplan is "come on guys, were better than this"

At this point even Billy D wouldve been better

whats the excuse for Kwit and Pandemic's P play?

Basketball r Us
09-17-2020, 02:57 PM

Wow....must had something on the owner....

starface
09-17-2020, 03:05 PM
Nick Nurse just won COY for this year with no Kawhi.

:biggums:

Dwane Casey won it in 2018 with no Kawhi :lol

RRR3
09-17-2020, 03:11 PM
Masai Ujiri built the team and he’s black :yaohappy:

Still mad that black guy wouldn’t go out with you, eh slugger?

tpols
09-17-2020, 03:13 PM
:biggums:

Dwane Casey won it in 2018 with no Kawhi :lol

yea and he got fired lmao. I don't know if you remember it but the craptors had their worst meltdown ever in the playoffs that year. They were a 1 seed up double digits on Cleveland cavaliers in the 2nd round, proceeded to choke away game 1, get swept and lose the final game by almost 40 points.

:roll:

Nick Nurse at least kept his team somewhat competitive.

starface
09-17-2020, 03:13 PM
Masai Ujiri built the team and he’s black :yaohappy:

Still mad that black guy wouldn’t go out with you, eh slugger?

Actually he's not black.

He's African ;)

starface
09-17-2020, 03:17 PM
yea and he got fired lmao. I don't know if you remember it but the craptors had their worst meltdown ever in the playoffs that year. They were a 1 seed up double digits on Cleveland cavaliers in the 2nd round, proceeded to choke away game 1, get swept and lose the final game by almost 40 points.

:roll:

Nick Nurse at least kept his team somewhat competitive.

Ok but you credited their title to a coaching swap, as if adding Kawhi and avoiding Sir Packsalot had nothing to do with it.

Bankaii
09-17-2020, 03:18 PM
Funny, Coach Bud just got humiliated in the playoffs again due to his inability to change his gameplay when teams lock in on Giannis. But I don’t see anyone blaming him, just Giannis, who was injured.

PG and Kawhi were fully healthy and just choked their asses off but it’s Doc’s fault.

Idk how y’all Stan these black players and dislike black people. It’s hilarious.

Micku
09-17-2020, 03:23 PM
Doc could be fire cuz of his questionable rotation and adjustment. But the Clips had the games won from 5-7. They just choke. It's not Doc's fault they were missing open dunks, lay ups, and open shots. Game 7 could've saved Doc's job from the looks of it. lol.

KennyPowers
09-17-2020, 03:25 PM
Black lies matter

insight
09-17-2020, 03:40 PM

What facts do you have that support Steve Kerr is more knowledgeable about basketball X's and O's than Mark Jackson? If he is so intellectually superior with the X's and O's why was Golden State one of the worst teams in the NBA without Klay and Steph?

Akeem34TheDream
09-17-2020, 03:42 PM
Funny, Coach Bud just got humiliated in the playoffs again due to his inability to change his gameplay when teams lock in on Giannis. But I don’t see anyone blaming him, just Giannis, who was injured.

PG and Kawhi were fully healthy and just choked their asses off but it’s Doc’s fault.

Idk how y’all Stan these black players and dislike black people. It’s hilarious.

Coach Bud definitely is blamed too. He isn't a good playoff coach similar to D'antoni. Some people think coaching doesn't really matter but it sure does. And it is more important than ever i think.

BANE?
09-17-2020, 03:50 PM
Considering every clipper blamed team chemistry for the reason they lost and the information that was released about the PG/Harrell fight, Doc definitely deserves blame for not preparing this team properly. Most important aspect of coaching at the highest level is probably keeping egos in check and making sure the team dynamics run smoothly. Every Doc Rivers team always has drama going on and this guy is supposed to be a player’s coach. CP3, Griffin, and Big Baby didn’t respect him for a reason

insight
09-17-2020, 03:50 PM

It is hilarious! Mike D'Antoni decides to get rid of all the big men on the roster and they call it being creative because he is an offensive genius. PG and Kawhi are no shows in game 7 and they lose so it's Docs fault. The funny thing is if they would have won, it would have been because of Kawhi and PG, Doc Rivers would have not gotten any credit.

insight
09-17-2020, 03:56 PM
Considering every clipper blamed team chemistry for the reason they lost and the information that was released about the PG/Harrell fight, Doc definitely deserves blame for not preparing this team properly. Most important aspect of coaching at the highest level is probably keeping egos in check and making sure the team dynamics run smoothly. Every Doc Rivers team always has drama going on and this guy is supposed to be a player’s coach. CP3, Griffin, and Big Baby didn’t respect him for a reason

Next, you are going to blame him for Covid too. Doc took full responsibility but at the end of the day, he is not on the court shooting bricks and missing open shots. If PG and Kawhi would have had average games they would have won. PG is an 11 year vet, Kawhi is a 10 year vet, Doc shouldn't be expected to babysit grown men. They chocked, it's as simple as that.

Basketball r Us
09-17-2020, 04:10 PM
When Nuggets made their runs, Clippers started playing one on one basketball. They stopped running their set offense. Then when Clippers needed a basket or two, other players not named Kawhi and PG13 started taking those pressure shots. Why are you paying these guys those mega max salary if you will have Morris to Zubac take those shots ?

Doc is correct...he needs to take the blame & get fired.

rmt
09-17-2020, 05:55 PM
This series should never have come down to a game 7. It should have been won in game 5. Instead Doc doesn't use his time out when the opponent goes on a run - what was he doing? Teaching them a lesson, having them FIGURE it out? That's what coaching is about - you're supposed to tell them what to do.

Reminds me of Pop - using time out just because it's "time" for a time out instead of letting them run up a lead and forcing the other team to use their time outs.

Both of them smack of arrogance.

Im so nba'd out
09-17-2020, 06:54 PM

These people are full of shit.They secretly worship blacks.No person who hates black people would watch the NBA.It would remind them of their inferiorty too much.

Ish is full of shit

Maga is full of shit....well most of em

Its two types of racist....1 that hates the other race and one that is full of shit and really are jealous of the other race(100% of the white racist on ish).

No Sir
09-17-2020, 07:11 PM
If any moves need to be made it's trading George back to OKC for SGA, Gallo and all those picks. Rivers is fine.