PDA

View Full Version : Is prime Dwight Howard better than Bam Adebayo?

iamgine
09-18-2020, 12:43 AM
Bam seems to be able to switch to guards and Dwight did have his FT problem.

Overall, do you think Bam is better than prime Dwight?

SATAN
09-18-2020, 12:45 AM
:facepalm

Carbine
09-18-2020, 01:08 AM
Bam has turned into a defensive monster.

I'd rather play with Bam. That doesn't mean Dwight isn't "better" though.

warriorfan
09-18-2020, 01:09 AM
Of course. Bam is turning into one hell of a young player though.

Lakers Legend#32
09-18-2020, 02:31 AM
"Prime" Dwight still only wanted to be his team's 4th or 5th option.

light
09-18-2020, 03:10 AM

Prime Dwight was significantly better on both sides of the ball.

Gohan
09-18-2020, 11:41 AM
Imagine if Miami gets Embiid next year

CelticBaller
09-18-2020, 11:43 AM
Yes lol

Dbrog
09-18-2020, 11:44 AM
What is this? Prime Dwight was putting up prime Moses Malone numbers. He was about as elite as it gets....granted he didn't have hardly any competition at that point. It was pretty funny seeing him get raped by Yao when he was still in the league

keep-itreal
09-18-2020, 11:47 AM
Prime Dwight Howard was 10x more athletic than Bam Adebayo. Better defender and offensive player. I like Bam alot but he needs to be more aggressive offemsively if he wants to take his game to the next level

Shogon
09-18-2020, 11:54 AM
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMjEzMmJkNGUtNGVlOS00MmRmLWEzZTQtMWRkZmJkYTc2NT g4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODUwMDMxMzQ@._V1_.jpg

Roundball_Rock
09-18-2020, 11:59 AM
Dwight was a top 3 player at his absolute peak and a top 5 player for half a decade or so. Bam is nice but he hasn't reached the heights Dwight did.

AirTupac
09-18-2020, 01:51 PM

My friend. I want to hope that this is trolling but what do you gain from it? You can't be this dumb right? Bam is like 1/10th of prime Dwight. You're talking about the guy that gave prime LeBron on Cavs fits and made it to the finals out of the east. In what world would Bam be the best player on a team carrying to the finals? Maybe WNBA

3ball
09-18-2020, 02:26 PM
let's lay off the criticism of OP

It's clear he's embarrassed about lebron unfairly stacking the deck for all his rings, so he's trying to legitimize this ring by turning Bam into Dwight

on second thought, that's quite shameful.. OP is a dolt

Gohan
09-18-2020, 05:00 PM
let's lay off the criticism of OP

It's clear he's embarrassed about lebron unfairly stacking the deck for all his rings, so he's trying to legitimize this ring by turning Bam into Dwight

on second thought, that's quite shameful.. OP is a dolt

These lebron fans will do anything to make lebron look better than he really is. It’s all dissolution

Turbo Slayer
09-18-2020, 05:03 PM
Absolutely not. Bam is not better than Howard.

Smook A.
09-18-2020, 05:56 PM
This is an insult to prime Dwight. Bam is good, but c'mon. He's nowhere near the level of Dwight from 2009-2012

In that stretch Dwight was a top 5 player in the NBA, and in 2011 he was arguably top 3. Not to mention he won DPOY 3x in a row. That's never been done before.

Basketball r Us
09-18-2020, 05:59 PM
Prime Dwight can carry a team. Then he wanted to be the focal point on offense, went downhill from there.

Lebron23
09-18-2020, 06:23 PM
Absolutely not. Bam is not better than Howard.

This. Bam have a better supporting casts than Dwight Howard.

ThatCoolKid
09-18-2020, 07:02 PM
Bam is a more modern player. A more versatile defender. Better passer - can actually run an offense through him. Dwight just was so good based on pure athleticism - could finish more at the rim, had incredible pure rim protection and didn't have to worry about getting exposed on the perimeter by small ball teams. Bam right now is limited in terms of his scoring arsenal. Bam is a more interesting complementary piece in the modern NBA and is a really good ceiling raising piece a la Draymond Green. But Dwight had much more raw impact as a first option. Bam still has time to continue to develop.

HylianNightmare
09-18-2020, 07:23 PM
Bam is what dwight would've played like of he was drafted in this era

ThatCoolKid
09-18-2020, 07:28 PM
Bam is what dwight would've played like of he was drafted in this era

Dwight has absolutely 0 of Bam's playmaking ability.

FireDavidKahn
09-18-2020, 08:14 PM
Prime Dwight?

Dwight is on another level then Bam. Shouldn't even be a discussion

FireDavidKahn
09-18-2020, 08:15 PM
Dwight has absolutely 0 of Bam's playmaking ability.

Exactly. Bam and Dwight couldn't be more further apart as players.

And1AllDay
09-18-2020, 08:33 PM
Ummmm hmmm let me teach

Prime Dwight Howard won the defensive player of the years 3 times in 3 years. Who else did that?

Hes is the only player to ever do that period dont forget. Then i can say good luck bam at the bayou

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
09-18-2020, 08:36 PM
Bam is better on both ends of the floor

Far better passer, far more mobile defender. Much quicker, can defend the pick and roll and is a monster rim protector in his own right

And1AllDay
09-18-2020, 08:36 PM
Bam is better on both ends of the floor

Far better passer, far more mobile defender. Much quicker, can defend the pick and roll and is a monster rim protector in his own right

Ummmm hmmm let me teach

Prime Dwight Howard won the defensive player of the years 3 times in 3 years. Who else did that?

Hes is the only player to ever do that period dont forget. Then i can say good luck bam at the bayou

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
09-18-2020, 08:40 PM
Ummmm hmmm let me teach

Bigs in the league during Dwights prime

Al Jefferson
Joakim Noah
Yao Ming
Al Horford

Centers in the league now

Anthony Davis
Rudy Gobert
Giannis
Embiid

Bam is about to lead his team to the finals in his first AS season too

FireDavidKahn
09-18-2020, 08:48 PM
Bigs in the league during Dwights prime

Al Jefferson
Joakim Noah
Yao Ming
Al Horford

Centers in the league now

Anthony Davis
Rudy Gobert
Giannis
Embiid

Bam is about to lead his team to the finals in his first AS season too

This guy think Bam is the leader of that team.:roll:

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
09-18-2020, 08:52 PM
This guy think Bam is the leader of that team.:roll:

Even Jimmy calls him the heart and soul of the team:confusedshrug:

Leads the team in the playoffs in

rebounds (offensive and defensive)
blocks
assists
FG%
offensive rating
defensive rating
3rd leading scorer
best defender

In Boston hes dominating on both ends, won game 1 with the GOAT block and won game 2 by pulverizing Boston in the 3rd quarter over and over

I dont expect a KAT fan to recognize a winning player and leader tho:lol

Bam>>>KAT BTW

SATAN
09-18-2020, 09:05 PM
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMjEzMmJkNGUtNGVlOS00MmRmLWEzZTQtMWRkZmJkYTc2NT g4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODUwMDMxMzQ@._V1_.jpg

:lol

Doranku
09-18-2020, 09:11 PM

:roll:

bobopenguin
09-20-2020, 10:11 AM
u can literally trade prime dwight straight up for lebron...

Clifton
09-20-2020, 11:42 AM
You know, you can talk about a guy being better than his numbers, but at a certain point, we just have to admit that 16/10/5 from your center simply isn't dominant. Dwight was like 22/14 in his prime, with great defense.

We'll see where Bam is in two years, but I just don't think he has the potential to be what Dwight was on either end. Yes he can switch onto anyone, and he moves the ball well, but like... he can't really score. He needs the right team. He's a winning player, which Dwight was not, but Harden isn't either; I'm still taking Harden over Bam. If you surround a loser superstar with role players who are winners, they become winners themselves, just like Dirk did in 2011. Dwight could've won a Finals MVP with the right team.