PDA

View Full Version : How good is Coby White?

insidehoops
09-18-2020, 05:49 PM
For those of you who saw a decent amount of Bulls games last season, what's your take on Coby White?

Here's an item on him discussing what position he should play (PG vs SG):

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=23686

starface
09-18-2020, 06:08 PM
Wow. What the ****??

Lebron is in the middle of giving all his soul, clawing tooth and nail to win the most important championship in NBA history (#ForKobe)... and youre asking us about Coby ****ing White??

Bro.

Save it for the offseason. :kobe:

Seriously. Cmon now.

Kblaze8855
09-18-2020, 06:20 PM
I think he’s gonna have a huge jump next year. Not to superstar but at least enough for people who paid no attention to him to ask “Wtf?”. Young players figure this league out fairly quickly I’m noticing. He won’t take the 3-4 years someone like him used to.

Gohan
09-18-2020, 08:03 PM
Wow. What the ****??

Lebron is in the middle of giving all his soul, clawing tooth and nail to win the most important championship in NBA history (#ForKobe)... and youre asking us about Coby ****ing White??

Bro.

Seriously. Cmon now.

:roll:

Roundball_Rock
09-19-2020, 01:40 PM
I think he’s gonna have a huge jump next year. Not to superstar but at least enough for people who paid no attention to him to ask “Wtf?”. Young players figure this league out fairly quickly I’m noticing. He won’t take the 3-4 years someone like him used to.

Do you think he has (eventual) all-star potential?

TheCorporation
09-19-2020, 01:43 PM
Wow. What the ****??

Bro.

Seriously. Cmon now.

But what about Thon Maker doe?

theballerFKA Ace
09-19-2020, 02:15 PM
Undersized for a SG
His standing reach is only 8'1. Compare to Kyrie Irving at 8'3
Not an elite ball distributor for a PG
Not a great shooter
Not a great defender

He's future filler on garbage teams unless he develops a clutch gene and leadership capability like a Derek Fisher or Jameer Nelson. People with his abilities and size are dime a dozen in the NBA.

Hakkim90cc
09-19-2020, 07:33 PM
Undersized for a SG
His standing reach is only 8'1. Compare to Kyrie Irving at 8'3
Not an elite ball distributor for a PG
Not a great shooter
Not a great defender

He's future filler on garbage teams unless he develops a clutch gene and leadership capability like a Derek Fisher or Jameer Nelson. People with his abilities and size are dime a dozen in the NBA.

Tbf nobody is a great shooter or great defender coming out of college at 19 years old. The kid can score and has potential to be a really good ballhandler. 6'5 combo guard kind of like james harden.

theballerFKA Ace
09-19-2020, 10:05 PM
Tbf nobody is a great shooter or great defender coming out of college at 19 years old. The kid can score and has potential to be a really good ballhandler. 6'5 combo guard kind of like james harden.

Height doesnt mean anything

Harden's standing reach is 8'8
6'2 Kyrie's standing reach is 8'3
Coby White's has a negative wingspan to height ratio. His standing reach is only 8'1. He's going to need immense skills, IQ and athleticism to overcome that. It can happen, look at Jimmy Butler, but I'm not seeing it in Coby White

CelticBaller
09-19-2020, 10:11 PM
I think he can be a good scoring guard like Kemba under the right coaching

Tho most likely he ends up being a 6th man kinda guy